2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Global Windows

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/05, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My reason for starting this topic is surely not a monetary one.
I started this post because i am tired of being taken advantage of.
Ford has this feature on other models so I presume it's a monetary issue with Ford.
I personally know how the Auto companies are cutting corners to save money.
I bought and paid for certain options that Ford has a responsibility to fix.
If not I would want some refund.

All of this is hypothetical because my Global windows actually work, at least for the 1600 miles that I have actually drove the car.
Old 7/11/05, 07:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@July 9, 2005, 12:45 PM
and not even controlling how far they rolldown

Press the button on the remote again, the windows should stop going down.
Old 7/11/05, 08:02 AM

My GWD works from about 50 feet. On a breezy day, it actually helps cool out the car, by the time I'm seated on leather. 120 degrees down to 100 is significant, considering we've already seen temps over a hundred here.
When I leave the windows down with the AAT, anyone walking past the car will set off the alarm.

Now, if I could just roll them up with the fob...
Old 7/11/05, 08:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Jeepers!@July 11, 2005, 8:05 AM
My GWD works from about 50 feet. On a breezy day, it actually helps cool out the car, by the time I'm seated on leather. 120 degrees down to 100 is significant, considering we've already seen temps over a hundred here.
When I leave the windows down with the AAT, anyone walking past the car will set off the alarm.

Now, if I could just roll them up with the fob...

I wish I got the same distance that you do (mine still only work from about 10 feet away). The alarm going off when people walk by is pretty funny though (happens on mine too). With the windows down, the sensors up by the overhead lights are pretty much pointing straight outside the car (I wonder how far they actually reach).
Old 7/11/05, 09:45 AM
V6 Member

Now if they could just come up with a wireless way to drop the convertible top I'd like to have that option.
Old 7/11/05, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by NCPolice555@July 11, 2005, 9:48 AM
Now if they could just come up with a wireless way to drop the convertible top I'd like to have that option.

That option is available on Porsche's over in Europe. They don't offer it here because Americans have a reputation of being sue happy. hmmm.....
Old 7/11/05, 10:50 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by AWmustang@July 11, 2005, 10:14 AM
That option is available on Porsche's over in Europe. They don't offer it here because Americans have a reputation of being sue happy. hmmm.....
go figure.
Old 7/11/05, 11:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
holy dumbthreadmoly batman :shock:

I wonder how many people wanted this option for themselves versus simply something stupid to show other people. Its kind worthless like powerfold seats on the expedition. The manual seats take one finger to push down or up in a split second and the power option takes about 20 sec holding the button. Once you show the nieghbors the day you buy it, its a pain in the butt for the other 3000 days. The only fob-gizmo worth a salt is remote start, but only on cars without climate control so you can leave the ***** in the desired positions when you last exited the car. Two real features that should see more availability are remotestart and powerfold mirrors on more trucks. Technically, if the window sticker doesn't say global windows on it, they Ford doesn't owe it to you.

From what I understand, you still can have it activated with AAT anyway, even though it is buggy. With modern cars, items like this are not mechanical items being omitted, its just a change in computer coding. The AAT and side airbags are designed to make the car safer and lower insurance premiums while adding horsepower.
Old 7/11/05, 12:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by AWmustang@July 11, 2005, 11:14 AM
Its also a matter of being a fully automatic opperation including locks or manual latches. In theory, anything that works only with the touch of a button can be programed to be done remotely.
Old 7/11/05, 12:10 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Well said Kevinb120...now stop watching The Matrix so much.
Old 7/11/05, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 7/11/05, 12:26 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Old 7/11/05, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@July 11, 2005, 11:56 AM
holy dumbthreadmoly batman :shock:

The AAT and side airbags are designed to make the car safer and lower insurance premiums while adding horsepower.
How do these items add horsepower? Probably just a misunderstanding on my part...
Old 7/11/05, 12:34 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Must be because a flying steering wheel will hit you in 3 seconds versus an airbag in a splitsecond. Must mean it adds hp
Old 7/11/05, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by PACETTR@July 11, 2005, 1:32 PM
How do these items add horsepower? Probably just a misunderstanding on my part...
What he's trying to say that as they add more and more HP to cars, they need to do things to make them safer (i.e. air bags).
Old 7/11/05, 01:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by stupidgenius36@July 3, 2005, 12:43 AM
If you have the active anti-theft device, then you can open and close the windows using the key in the door lock cylinder or you can open the windows using the unlock button on the key fob. (As long as your's hasn't been deactivated.)
Even if I had an 05 I wouldn't use it. Then again I never roll down my windows unless absolutely necessary because of my allergies. But I understand where you guys are coming from.
Old 8/14/05, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Joy... I just read the 2006 owners manual and there is no mention of Global Windows feature, so I guess there is no chance that they fix this feature for later use, however the remote start will be added as soon as possible
Old 8/14/05, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
I have heard that global windows can in fact be re-activated, even on the 2006 models - we shall see.

As for the beginning of this thread - IMHO the sole purpose of the class-action lawsuit in America today is to make an incredible payday for the legal firm that manages to land it. I do not dislike attorneys, but the take on a CAL for them is often huge, with an insignificant return to the consumer.

Oh yeah, and even if it happened and you won. the global window feature would STILL be de-activated.

Save it for something that really matters. This is definitely not a hill worth dying on. Getting into a legal battle over things like this is a recipe for a fairly contentious and unhappy life.

Besides, while we are talking legaleze - I think it is safe to say that Ford has "substantially performed" in delivering us a fine new Mustang!
Old 1/7/07, 02:20 AM
Cobra R Member

My car kept rolling the windows down on it's own 3 times while I was at work tonight, and luckily I saw it each time. I don't know what the problem was, as the 3rd time I went to the car, I sat in it and put the key in ignition to roll windows up, and when I pulled key out and opened door they rolled down again. I then put my key in the drivers outside door handle, and turned it to the rear and held it until doors locked and windows rolled up, and so far it has been fine........ If this happens again, i will ask to have the global window feature disabled. I don't want this PITA thing to happen during a rainstorm when my car is parked outside and I don't notice it happen.......
Old 1/7/07, 04:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Giddyup
My car kept rolling the windows down on it's own 3 times while I was at work tonight, and luckily I saw it each time. I don't know what the problem was, as the 3rd time I went to the car, I sat in it and put the key in ignition to roll windows up, and when I pulled key out and opened door they rolled down again. I then put my key in the drivers outside door handle, and turned it to the rear and held it until doors locked and windows rolled up, and so far it has been fine........ If this happens again, i will ask to have the global window feature disabled. I don't want this PITA thing to happen during a rainstorm when my car is parked outside and I don't notice it happen.......
That sucks, that must be part of the reason they removed it from the programming in the first place among other issues. I wish they could get it right, I would love to have global windows.

Quick Reply: Global Windows