2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Global Windows

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/05, 02:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MIkeT77@July 5, 2005, 12:55 PM
But the fact is you still got TIRES....they just changed the type of tire. It's not like they said, well, we said nothing of valve stems (or caps) so pay us extra for them...or just exclude them. When I placed my order, I did it specifically for the Global Window feature. If I wanted only an alarm, I could have gotten a Viper alarm where it shows on the FOB for the keyring where an intrusion occured or where someone had tried to get in, among other features, for a VERY good price, but I didn't because I wanted the ant-theft for the global feature.

ok, but how did you know that there was a Global Window feature? They only produced the car for 3 months before disabling it. My point is, how did you know this was a feature?

Doesn't everyone expect there to be changes/additions/deletions to a brand new car, especially in the first 3-4 months?
Old 7/5/05, 02:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by jungleman@July 2, 2005, 8:14 PM
I have one of the early 05's. My global window system works fine.
I have my car garaged 100% of the time only drive it for pleasure.
I have been reading about the global windows system being deactivated.
To me this seems like a class action law suit. We paid for the system to work if
Ford is going to disable it we shoud be reinbursed. Any comments.
Man what is your problem? You are chiming in on something that does not even effect you and is none of your business. Have you nothing better to do?
The windows worked on my first one but not on the one in the garage now. So What? I can be thankful for what I do have and not whine about what I do not have.
Old 7/5/05, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@July 2, 2005, 9:42 PM
I agree completely. I don't think it is unrealistic to think that a company should compensate its purchasers for a feature the buyers bought and did not receive. It seems like a clear breach of contract or some sort of breach of merchantability. Forgive me, I do not know exactly the name for what I am trying to get at...my UCC law is a little rusty.

Having said that, I don't know if it would be worth enough money for an attorney to get involved.

Looking at the numbers, assume half of all orders had this option...96,000. (I have no idea about the real numbers, just making a guesstimation.) Of those, let's say that 75% came with it deactivated...72,000. The option costs $255. Of that, at best, and this is being really liberal, 25% of the value of that option was the global feature. That's $63 per person that actually got screwed. That's $4.5 million. After the people lawyers get their cut, that means each member of the class would get like $35. Also, class actions are extremely complicated, and can take a number of years and lots of manhours for attorneys working them. Even a payoff of > $2 million may not be enough to get expierenced attorneys to commit that much time to a contingency case. I imagine there is someone that would do it, but I don't think it is really worth it.

Just my opinion.
Yeah. Let's get 'em and file a class action suit. We'll get about $6 each and the lawyers will be able to buy hundreds of Mustangs - or Mercedes - with the money they make!

I really don't care about the window thing. I'm more disappointed about the fact that my dealer told me my car would have Sirius.
Old 7/5/05, 06:56 PM
V6 Member

I just cant believe that someone would buy a car or the AAT solely for the purpose of raising and lowering the windows, but at the risk of sounding like a flame I'll stop here and sy to each their own. And I guess you get what you thought you were paying for good luck on the lawsuit, it was a LEGITIMATE law suit that bought me my Mustang, (Skull Fracture from a wreck) but anyway try and make the best of it, at least you have a Mustang which some people have ordered and are still waiting to get.
Old 7/5/05, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by NCPolice555@July 5, 2005, 6:59 PM
I just cant believe that someone would buy a car or the AAT solely for the purpose of raising and lowering the windows, but at the risk of sounding like a flame I'll stop here and sy to each their own. And I guess you get what you thought you were paying for good luck on the lawsuit, it was a LEGITIMATE law suit that bought me my Mustang, (Skull Fracture from a wreck) but anyway try and make the best of it, at least you have a Mustang which some people have ordered and are still waiting to get.
Okay, I'll say it again, I didn't buy the CAR for the window option, I bought the upgraded alarm (approx $200) because of the window option. I'm not trying to flame you, but I think you are missing the gripe that I and others have. We paid over $200 (I wanted to global open/close because I thought it was a very cool and useful option) for an option, and Ford was not forthcoming in how they disabled this feature. I'll say it again, if I had known that was not part of the upgraded alarm, I would not have ordered it.

I'm not saying I don't like the car, or that I want my money back for the whole car, just compensation for something that I paid for and didn't get! I don't see how this is unreasonable in some people's eyes.
Old 7/5/05, 09:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by moc1976@July 5, 2005, 7:04 PM
Okay, I'll say it again, I didn't buy the CAR for the window option, I bought the upgraded alarm (approx $200) because of the window option. I'm not trying to flame you, but I think you are missing the gripe that I and others have. We paid over $200 (I wanted to global open/close because I thought it was a very cool and useful option) for an option, and Ford was not forthcoming in how they disabled this feature. I'll say it again, if I had known that was not part of the upgraded alarm, I would not have ordered it.

I'm not saying I don't like the car, or that I want my money back for the whole car, just compensation for something that I paid for and didn't get! I don't see how this is unreasonable in some people's eyes.
Give it up. It just isn't getting through to them. Apparently most people don't mind paying for things they don't get.
Old 7/5/05, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@July 5, 2005, 9:26 PM
Give it up. It just isn't getting through to them. Apparently most people don't mind paying for things they don't get.
I wonder if they wouldn't have a problem with it if it were something they cared about. Like different rims or something. Ok, i'm looking for it but am having trouble finding among a jillion posts why ford disabled/removed it. what was its defect??
Old 7/5/05, 11:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@July 5, 2005, 10:26 PM
I do mind paying for something that had been advertised and coming with, but heck I never even knew until i came to the forum that this had been an option the only purpose i bought the Anti Theft was for just that Anti Theft. But I can see where you would be upset if you were expecting something to come along and didnt get it.

Perfect example: you order the Shaker 1000, which you believe is going to be a really great factory stereo that plays MP3s, but when you get it, FORD has deleted it from being able to play MP3s when one of the reason you purchased the Shaker 1000 was not only because of it's quality sound, but to alos play MP3s and now when you get the car Ford says we've deleted the stereo from playing MP3s.

See I can sympathize with you.
Old 7/6/05, 06:53 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MIkeT77@July 5, 2005, 1:55 PM
But the fact is you still got TIRES....they just changed the type of tire.
And you still got windows that go up and down, you just have to press a button on the inside of the car.
Old 7/6/05, 06:57 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Berserker@July 5, 2005, 9:50 PM
I wonder if they wouldn't have a problem with it if it were something they cared about. Like different rims or something. Ok, i'm looking for it but am having trouble finding among a jillion posts why ford disabled/removed it. what was its defect??
Yes, there was a defect. The windows would just all of a sudden roll down. Also in a lot of cases when you go to roll the window using the "auto up" feature they would go part way then roll down. Sure, my feature works because I got one of the first batches produced, however about once a week I need to reset my windows which is more of a pain that not having the global option if you ask me.
Old 7/6/05, 07:03 AM
Cobra R Member

I bought mine last October. The global feature works fine, never had it work without me or halfway. I think that if you had stuff in your pocket, that you could set it off by accident though. I pop my trunk lots of times when I put my keys back in my pocket.
Old 7/6/05, 07:46 AM
Retired Tms Staff

It mainly happens when I am driving. I hit the auto up button and release it. I watch the window go up about 1/2 way and the go down again. I then have to hold it in the up position. Let it close. Release the button then hold the button in the up position for 2 seconds to reset it.
Old 7/6/05, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@July 5, 2005, 4:04 PM
ok, but how did you know that there was a Global Window feature? They only produced the car for 3 months before disabling it. My point is, how did you know this was a feature?

Doesn't everyone expect there to be changes/additions/deletions to a brand new car, especially in the first 3-4 months?
How about when I ordered the car at the beginning of March 2005 it was in the 2005 MUSTANG BROCHURE that you can pick up at any dealership. I'm looking at it right now, page 11 titled Innovative Technology, under the paragraph "Hands Off:"

Anti-Theft Technology-Unfortunately, you're not the only own who thinks your Mustang is hot. So protect yourself with its available anti-theft package. When the system is armed, it sounds a remotely located alarm sounder, honks the horn and flashes the exterior lights if any of these sensors are tripped: an anti-tow sensor that detects change in cehicle inclination to guard against tow-away thefts; an ultrasonic interior-motion sensor that detects motion inside the cabin to help deter "smash-and-grab" break-ins; perimeter sensors that detect the opening of the hood, doors or trunk; and a global open-and-close feature that allows the windows to be opened using the remote keyless entry key fob, or opened and closed by turning the key in the driver's door cylinder.

This same thing is written in the 05 Mustang brochure and the 05 Mustang Convertible brochure, which was put out AFTER the feature was disabled. They should have stopped putting it in print that it was part of the Active Anti-Theft package if they disabled it.

I could have bought ANY other alarm system to put in the car, but putting a Ford alarm or another aftermarket alarm in would not give me that feature, which is why I included the Active Anti-Theft, end of story.
Old 7/6/05, 01:15 PM
Retired Tms Staff

and once again I point you to the fine print on the brochure that states "subject to change".

Edit: I am not condoning (spelling) what FORD does but this is no different than any other dealer, car or otherwise. If a manufacturer changes something, they are not going to pull all of the brochures from each dealer and print new brochures. That is why they always print the "subject to change without notice" clause.
Old 7/6/05, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

This thread is turning into another IUP fiasco.
Old 7/6/05, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I can't believe this thread is still going. If a person purchased a 2005 Mustang for the window feature - they are nuts! That's like saying the only reason I went to sleep (cough cough) with Angelina was b/c her shoes were red. If she did not have shoes on, I would have slept on the couch. Ha ha.
Old 7/6/05, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05stangster@July 6, 2005, 1:34 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going. If a person purchased a 2005 Mustang for the window feature - they are nuts! That's like saying the only reason I went to sleep (cough cough) with Angelina was b/c her shoes were red. If she did not have shoes on, I would have slept on the couch. Ha ha.
OMG! No one is saying they bought the car because of global windows. That has been made clear time and again. Some are saying they bought the option because of global windows.

Besides, does it really matter why someone bought it? Why can we not focus on the fact that you were charged for something you didn't get? Does that not rub anyone the wrong way? Do you people just give money to manufacturers because you like them? Does it not anger you that you get cheated, no matter if it is for $100,000 or $.10?

I must retire from this thread before I have an aneurysm.

The Angelina comparison doesn't make sense because you can't buy her....but ohhhh if I could. (Did I just say that?)
Old 7/6/05, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05stangster@July 6, 2005, 1:34 PM
And I can't believe that you still don't understand the issue. Nobody has said that they purchased the CAR because of this feature, we have said that we purchased that option (active anti-theft) for the global open/close.
Old 7/6/05, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Touche - I do understand the issue - I just skipped from page one to six. I just can't believe the thread is still going. But here is one for ya from MikeT77

... "and a global open-and-close feature that allows the windows to be opened using the remote keyless entry key fob, or opened and closed by turning the key in the driver's door cylinder."

Did I get ripped here too, or is this part of the global open/close feature? I didn't get a driver or passenger door cylinder. Only way to open my car with a key is to go through the trunk.
Old 7/6/05, 02:12 PM
FR500 Member

Surely you are joking :scratch:

Quick Reply: Global Windows