2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Global Windows

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/05, 12:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Treadhead@July 2, 2005, 11:44 PM
I personally don't think this is worth a lawsuit but, I don't think Ford handled this very well and should offer to do something about it. Turning it off and not fixing it is not what I payed for. I was really happy that this feature was on my car. It tends to get a little hot around here in the summer even with tint and window shades. I was looking forward to letting my windows down to cool the interior down before I get in. So this feature might not mean anything to some but, it does to me.
Hot in and around Big D? Yea it gets a bit warm. Try summers out here in Southern Arid-zona if you really want warm. Of course here dropping windows is likely counter-productive. My tint and front window shade are the only things keeping my car from melting!! :drive:
Old 7/3/05, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@July 2, 2005, 11:45 PM
I believe most people who ordered the active anti-theft option mainly wanted it for the global windows. However, I don't think it's worth a lawsuit.
Honestly? I thought it was pushed for having the intrusion sensors, elevation sensor, and the door, hood and trunk sensor. Was the window feature in the brochures? I thought the window thing was useless. If its all you wanted from the package, seriously (before finding out it doesn’t work right), then I can see what some people feel like they are missing something. Not on the level of a lawsuit though.

Sorry to all of you who are stuck on the Comment that its astonishing to sue in America for burning yourself on a cup of hot coffee that you ordered yourself. IMO, you are responsible for what you ask for.
Old 7/3/05, 02:24 AM
Cobra Member

I have the auto window down feature, it works fine. I really dont see a practicle use for it however and am supprised there is so much hooplah over it. It could be usefull if perhaps the range of the remote was much greater, to let some of the hot air out before you get in. But the range seems very short on this remote as compared to previous ones I've had. Other than letting hot air out I see no other use for this feature.

I didn't even know the car had the feature until people complained on this site about it not working. I suppose it not quite "as advertised" but I don't recall any mustang add or dealer explaining that the car had the feature.

Class action lawsuit? Good luck with that, seems pretty frivolous to me and would imagine to any right thinking judge would agree.
Old 7/3/05, 03:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

"Product Changes and Features Availability
Features, options and package content subject to change. Please check www.fmcdealer.com or Dealer eStore for the most current information."

In the order guide.

Ford's out will be that they had a price increase at the time of disabling the feature and it would have been greater had the option been left in tact.

Lose/lose for Jill and Joe consumer.
Old 7/3/05, 08:36 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am a little confused here. Many of us have the Global option and it WAS part of the purchase. Those of you that do not have it, can you verify that you have documentation that shows the features but you don't have that feature? Other than in the drivers manual of course. That would be like me saying side airbags are in the manual but I don't have them.
Old 7/3/05, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

well in my owner manual it dooes not say anything about the feature....
Old 7/3/05, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have a November built car and it works fine. I do use it, since it does get hot here, when I get into my car at the end of the day at work.
Old 7/3/05, 09:15 AM
GT Member

I took mine in and they reactivated it. It was very easy for them to do. I think they just change a setting in the computer. Seems a bit easier than a lawsuit.
Old 7/3/05, 11:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by StangNut@July 3, 2005, 1:45 AM
I believe most people who ordered the active anti-theft option mainly wanted it for the global windows. However, I don't think it's worth a lawsuit.
I ordered it because I didnt want anyone taking my stuff, dont really care about if it makes the windows go up and down I have a lil switch inside the door that does that.
Old 7/3/05, 03:09 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by NCPolice555@July 3, 2005, 12:35 PM
I ordered it because I didnt want anyone taking my stuff, dont really care about if it makes the windows go up and down I have a lil switch inside the door that does that.
It's hard to press that little switch when you're not in the car though.
Old 7/4/05, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

It really doesn't work all that well anyway - unless I'm the only one who can only get the windows to go down from within 10 feet or so. Beyond that, it usually doesn't work.

With that type of range, all it's really good for is scaring the heck out of any bystanders checking the car out.
Old 7/4/05, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

another thread on this :bang:

Well, I for one would take part of a class-action suit, but it's not that big of a deal that I'm going to pursue it. If somebody contacted me about taking part in it, I would, but it's not like I lose any sleep over it.

I am also one that ordered the feature mainly for the global open/close feature. My car is not a daily driver and sits in a garage most of the time, so I don't really need the better alarm.

I went around and around with my dealer and the Ford Customer Service. It's a bunch of crap. The dealer would say there's nothing they can do since Ford has the right to change options any time (cause they're too f-ing lazy to fix something so they disable it). Ford customer service would say talk to your dealer. So, you can see its an endless circle and I really think Ford could have handled it better. I honestly would have removed it from my order had I known you could not re-activate it any longer.

I think that's something some people are missing. After a certain date, you can't even reactivate the feature any longer. There was a period where it came disabled from the factory, but it could be turned on. Then Ford changed it further and it can't even be turned back on.

And I don't really see what this has to do with the McD's lady spilling coffee on herself?????? This is a totally different situation.
Old 7/4/05, 02:59 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

i think the point is that for those small things that you discovered after buying the car, it's not as though you CHOSE to add those as options and PAID for them. here, you have PAID for a feature that comes disabled. it's not the same thing.

but anyways, i had this feature on my last car (A4) and i actually used it quite a bit. if it's there, i use it. if not...well, guess you just have to get used to it. i wish that they would fix it for '06 and hope that at least it's still "disabled" and can be reactivated for '06 cars with a little tweaking.
Old 7/4/05, 04:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Well as you state in your thread, yours works a 100 %, what are you worried about class action suit for. Others that dont work may be think about it. But as you state yours works fine, so why are you typing about it. This is the problem with the US law system. Everyone wants to sue someone. Good luck
Old 7/4/05, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by moc1976@July 4, 2005, 1:31 PM
And I don't really see what this has to do with the McD's lady spilling coffee on herself?????? This is a totally different situation.

Plain and simple, Everyone wants to sue someone for something. People in other countries see this as The american way. It just makes us look like money hungry people. As soon as one case goes through, everyone follows suit. Now someone mentioned a lawsuit for the window thing, all of a sudden people that never knew the feature existed are mad that it doesen't work.
Old 7/4/05, 07:06 PM
FR500 Member

And too those with a litigeous inkling, I hope that you enjoy your coupon for a free oil change. That's all you'll see out of it, if it ever happens.
Old 7/4/05, 08:10 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by TorchRedGT@July 4, 2005, 7:04 PM
Plain and simple, Everyone wants to sue someone for something. People in other countries see this as The american way. It just makes us look like money hungry people. As soon as one case goes through, everyone follows suit. Now someone mentioned a lawsuit for the window thing, all of a sudden people that never knew the feature existed are mad that it doesen't work.

I'm from another country, and I'd say that assesment is pretty darn accurate.

Seriously....
Old 7/4/05, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I wish mine worked.
Old 7/4/05, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I did not read this entire post, but I will say this: The global window feature is the ONLY reason we got the AAT on our 05, and then it didn't even work! We took it back to a dealer to have it turned on, but found out ours was built too late. According to the dealer, Ford has a disclaimer that says they have the right to discontinue things like this without notice. I also agree that they either need to fix it so that the feature can be enabled, and included in the sock flash for the computer, or they can give us some money back.
Old 7/4/05, 09:24 PM

I honestly didn't read this entire thread either - I stopped at "class action lawsuit". You wouldn't have any problem finding some law firm to take this on - they'd get about $4-5 million out of Ford; we'd each get a coupon worth $5 off our next purchase of a Ford vehicle. Go for it if you'd like.

Quick Reply: Global Windows