2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 01:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by GhostTX@December 15, 2004, 2:56 PM
This could be maybe because of Christmas plant shutdowns? If Delphi has a similar shutdown as Ford, then the inevitable delay of building MyColors would probably push it out to end of January. 2 weeks of Delphi shutdown plus two weeks of Ford shutdown...so 4 week delay of MyColor (Delphi's time to ramp back up, the the "normal" Ford build time and their behind schedule time, too).

???
That's not right, if Ford is shut down for two weeks, then they are not using any of the MyColor's.
Old 12/15/04, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would think they would shutdown the same two weeks (it would only make sense to shutdown for the on holidays ON the holidays, yes?)
Old 12/15/04, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

I believe if they were stopping it due to a lawsuit Ford would not have stated “As a result, there will be NO Mustangs, including Mustang GTs, scheduled for the remainder of January”. They would have said until further notice.

It seems Ford really needs to get their act together. This is a huge disappointment I may consider taking my business elsewhere as much as I don’t want to. But these constant problems are very unprofessional. Did they think this car would not sell well or that no one would want IUP?
Old 12/15/04, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Perhaps the trial for the suit is scheduled for mid-late January, and they are hoping for a quick and favorable decision?
Old 12/15/04, 02:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

No...I'm saying they do shut down over the same holiday period...then Delphi has to start building MyColors again...Ford waits while they are being built...then Ford gets the MyColors...then Ford builds the car with the MyColors. In the meantime, since Ford doesn't have any MyColors, they build non-IUP Mustangs. Then when they do get the MyColors, you have the normal build time of a Mustang, which isnt' that two weeks or so?

So I'm guesstimating a 1 month delay before MyColor Mustangs are available again after the holiday...which is end of January.

Just a theory.
Old 12/15/04, 02:08 PM
Cobra Member

I would say that is highly unlikely. But I could be wrong.
Old 12/15/04, 02:09 PM

Well, that jibes with my dealer. They told me Ford isn't building my car because of the IUP shortage. They offered to give me what was basically my car but w/o IUP, Red Leather or side air bags. I told them I'd wait for the car I ordered (in July, ffs).

Guess I'll be getting my car in the spring. That's OK, I was going to garage it over the winter anyway.
Old 12/15/04, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 15, 2004, 3:11 PM
No...I'm saying they do shut down over the same holiday period...then Delphi has to start building MyColors again...Ford waits while they are being built...then Ford gets the MyColors...then Ford builds the car with the MyColors. In the meantime, since Ford doesn't have any MyColors, they build non-IUP Mustangs. Then when they do get the MyColors, you have the normal build time of a Mustang, which isnt' that two weeks or so?

So I'm guesstimating a 1 month delay before MyColor Mustangs are available again after the holiday...which is end of January.

Just a theory.
If they are both shutting down over the same 2 week period, then there won't be any additional delay other than the fact they are delayed two weeks because of Ford shutting down.
Old 12/15/04, 02:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, just like a "shutdown" over the weekend. There is no delay on Monday. This is the same senario, just longer. Ford stops building mustangs the same time Delphi stops making the mycolor. So ford won't be installing product when there is no backstock being made. Then when Ford employees return from holiday break, they will still have the same amount of Mycolor in stock as when they left. So while they are installing those they have in stock, Delphi is making more.

BTW, do I understand it right, that if you want a GT, you have to get the red leather. That stinks for those that want yellow or lime. I can't see those two colors together.
Old 12/15/04, 02:27 PM
V6 Member

Okay, remind me again... what is the difference in the 18G (IUP) and the 18R (ISAP)? Is the only difference the MyColor option?
Old 12/15/04, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ford is shutdown, but sales aren't.

And like I said, just a theory.
Old 12/15/04, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

the 18R only has the IUP steering wheel and shifter.
Old 12/15/04, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by Kluski@December 15, 2004, 3:24 PM
BTW, do I understand it right, that if you want a GT, you have to get the red leather. That stinks for those that want yellow or lime. I can't see those two colors together.
Where did you see that at?
Old 12/15/04, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I doubt this is a supply issue as in they ran out of stock to match orders. Since they just removed the holds on IUP on the 8th and expected to ramp up production on IUP orders then in one weeks time they have an unexpected delay/hold on ALL IUP even GT orders. When they already have a really good idea (based on all the special orders) that everyone is ordering IUP... Come on, they would already know this and expectingly would have ordered a ton of IUP components.

No I am sorry to say that this is the work of the Lawyers and the courts. Hopefully it gets sorted out, if not then everyone who has a stang with IUP just jumped up in value by probably 5k. And everyone who has a IUP car that is built but not delivered yet, on a discount plan, better pray real hard that there dealer does not screw them when their car hits the lot and dealer knows he can bilk 3k over MSRP because the unit has IUP on it.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am in the boat (not specifically because of Xplan) but because of the specs on my ordered car they might want to sell the car out from under me and just say it never came in.

Which reminds me, since I have a build date of today I guess I should get the VIN from my dealer that way I can always check and see if the car gets sold to someone else.

Old 12/15/04, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Nope. I have a GT and I don't have red leather. Mine is a redfire with light graphite interior. I don't think you can get the red leather with yellow or lime.
Old 12/15/04, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1+December 15, 2004, 3:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 15, 2004, 3:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kluski@December 15, 2004, 3:24 PM
Where did you see that at? [/b][/quote]
First post by Karpro - but I just noticed, it mentioned week 50 (not in general)

The only way to order a GT during week 50 is with the Interior Sport Appearance Package (18R)!!
Dealers will need to place new orders for GTs with the ISAP (18R) or change their existing orders.
Old 12/15/04, 02:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Kluski+December 15, 2004, 3:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kluski @ December 15, 2004, 3:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@December 15, 2004, 3:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kluski
@December 15, 2004, 3:24 PM

Where did you see that at?
First post by Karpro - but I just noticed, it mentioned week 50 (not in general)

The only way to order a GT during week 50 is with the Interior Sport Appearance Package (18R)!!
Dealers will need to place new orders for GTs with the ISAP (18R) or change their existing orders.
[/b][/quote]
This is the interior sport appearance package. The red interior is the Interior Color Accent package. Two different things.
Old 12/15/04, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Isn't the Interior Sport Appearance Package the Diet IUP? I thought the red leather was the Interior Color Accent Package.
Old 12/15/04, 03:00 PM
V6 Member

So what does this mean for me. I was planning on ordering Mid march with the IUP. Would I Still be able to get it? This bites a big one!!!!

:bang:

:notnice:
Old 12/15/04, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I can live without mycolor. It would be nice if the IUP replacement had the dash trim, the extra guages, and the message centre. Those are the options I want.

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled