2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

05' Pricing @ Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/04, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sajawebb@October 9, 2004, 9:10 PM
No disrespect to dealers on this forum, but Ford NEEDS a direct purchase program. As in buying directly from Ford Motor Company. No middleman means benifits for customers and direct profit for Ford. :bang:
This wouldn't really be that great. Buying directly from Ford means EVERYBODY pays sticker and NOBODY gets to trade. Walk in to any dealer in town offer them sticker on a clean deal purchase and it will be a very easy transaction, especially for a focus, taurus, explorer, etc... A good dealer will offer you a fair discount and be there for service, warranty work, finance assistance, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are ALOT of bad dealers, but a direct purchase program isn't the answer. Refusing to put money in the pockets of bad dealers is the best way to change things. I've read a ton of posts that read: "my dealer tried to screw me for $2,000, i caught him, he saved me $250, i said okay and bought". You want to change things, walk. Dealers lowball customers because customers let them. They do it, you flip, they adjust the price and you still buy. No real reason for them to change.

Find an honest dealer, be patient, get what you want at a fair price. Just my thoughts.

Paul
Old 10/13/04, 08:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by AvtoLubitel@October 12, 2004, 6:31 PM
Need an advice. Got a quote from a NY dealer. It's $21,500 for a V6 Premium: Interior Upgrade Package, ABS and tranction control , Front Side Airbags, Manual Transmission,Active Anti-Theft System, Wheel Locking Kits . This is about $1,300 over invoice. Feels like this is too much even for a new "hot" car. What do you gents and ladies think? Anyone knows of a dealer in NY city or NJ who can do better? Thank you!
I ordered a GT from Smithtown Ford on Long Island and they gave me a very fair price, $500 over invoice as AAA member. You can probably negotiate a similar price even as a non-member.
Old 10/13/04, 02:44 PM

Alright, i'm too lazy to read through all the posts in this thread so i'm just going to ask my question here.

For those of you who live in the mid-south, that's tennessee, arkansas, mississippi, are you getting any good deals? i've recently talked to two Ford dealerships here in the Memphis area (Dobbs & Homer Skelton) and both said that the V6's were only selling at MSRP and one dealership, Homer Skelton, said that the GT's were going to sell for $2000 over MSRP!!! :angry:

If anyone know where i can go to get a good deal in the mid-south area please let me know! :worship:
Old 10/13/04, 11:12 PM
GT Member

I ordered a V6 premium 5spd at MSRP. Does anyone in the San Diego area know of ay dealers doing the $500 above invoice thing, or anything like that?

Looking to save a few bucks or maybe get some upgrades for the price I'm paying now.

Thanks
Old 10/14/04, 10:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

How's this for a deal? For the exact car I want:

Freedom Ford Mercury.

+ 300 over invoice
Total 20,337.46 + Tax Tag Title...
Does this sound right?

I have it IN WRITING! With Order Confirmation.

But I don't know where Centre Alabama is.
Old 10/14/04, 02:48 PM

2005 Mustang Buyer,

That sounds like a good deal and Smithtown is the closest dealer to my house. I hadn't like them in the past when bought a used car there. But that was like '98 or so, I think it's changed hands, this was when it was by the old movie theater. Whan I bought my 02 they didn't have much on the lot.

I stopped at McCarville for a brochure and they said they are ordering at MSRP, so I won't be ordering from them.

What did you order(options, color)and who was your sales person? I'm not sure if I'll be buying soon or waiting until spring.

Thanks
Old 10/14/04, 03:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Gary02@October 14, 2004, 2:51 PM
2005 Mustang Buyer,

That sounds like a good deal and Smithtown is the closest dealer to my house. I hadn't like them in the past when bought a used car there. But that was like '98 or so, I think it's changed hands, this was when it was by the old movie theater. Whan I bought my 02 they didn't have much on the lot.

I stopped at McCarville for a brochure and they said they are ordering at MSRP, so I won't be ordering from them.

What did you order(options, color)and who was your sales person? I'm not sure if I'll be buying soon or waiting until spring.

Thanks
Gary,

I'd never dealt with them in the past but they are the closest dealer to me as well. I got the the same story from McCarville as you - MSRP. Nothport Ford was a complete waste of time.

I ordered a black GT with charcoal interior, IUP, front seat airbags, active anti-theft, 17" aluminum wheels and wheel locking kit. I don't have my salesman's name handy, I left the info at home. The sales manager's name was Debbie, she was pretty knowledgable. I'll post the salesman's name tonight when I get home.

I too was undecided about buying now or waiting til spring but the deal I got was too good to pass up. Now we'll see when it actually arrives...
Old 10/14/04, 07:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Since I am from LI and looking to order within the next month, this info was helpful. Have either one of you guys delt with sayville or bayshore fords at all?
Old 10/14/04, 08:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by yur1279@October 14, 2004, 9:02 PM
Since I am from LI and looking to order within the next month, this info was helpful. Have either one of you guys delt with sayville or bayshore fords at all?
My husband swears sayville is a great dealer.

My buddy likes Mccarville.....I got a decent quote from them too. If things don't work out down here like I want we are going together in the spring to buy cars there.

here it is:

April,
This is what the sticker on the window would look like .The price would be
$21,515.00 plus taxes minus any rebate if available at the time of
delivery.The 912 Shaker 500 Audio is std with the 120a spec group as is the
21a Power seat.The 120A spec package is required to get the options you
requested. If you have any other questions please contact me at 631-588-1800
ext 227
Bill Cody
McCarville Ford.

CNGP530 VEHICLE ORDER 10/04/04 09:03:53
==> _________ ________________________________________ Dealer:
F13099
2005 MUSTANG Page: 1
of 1
Order No: 2345 Priority: 99 Order Type: 2 Price Level:
Ord Code: 120A Cust/Flt Name: PO Number:
RETAIL RETAIL
T80 V6 COUPE PREM $19,370 WHITE STRIPE
UA BLACK CC 552ANTI-LOCKBRKS 775
P CLTH BKT SEATS TRACTION CONTRL
W DARK CHARCOAL 11 U.S. GAL GAS
120A ORDER CODE C09 PRICED DORA
NC
PWR DRIVER SEAT FDAF ASSESSMENT
MANUAL AIR COND DEST AND DELIV
AM/FM 6-CD/MP3 TOTAL BASE AND
OPTIONS $21,515
16" BRT MCH ALM
$21,515
99N .4.0L SOHC V6 NC
44F .5-SPD MAN TRANS NC
T3A .P215/65R16 A/S NC
18G INT UPGRADE PKG 450
54V EXT SPORT APP 295
REAR SPOILER
Old 10/15/04, 07:00 AM
V6 Member

Gary,

The salesman's name is Tom Grady. Phone: (631) 265-2340 ext. 156.

BTW, what kind of problem did you have with them buying a used car in 98?
Old 10/15/04, 07:03 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by yur1279@October 14, 2004, 8:02 PM
I haven't dealt with Sayville nor Bayshore. I got as far as Smithtown and they gave me a deal I found fair.
Old 10/15/04, 07:09 AM
V6 Member

Eleanors,

Isn't that price from McCarville simply MSRP? I doubt you would have to drive all the way to LI to get MSRP. And I think "Priority: 99" means that it will never get ordered. I got a "Priority: 10" so I'm hoping mine comes in soon even though I just ordered it last week.
Old 10/15/04, 07:28 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 2005 Mustang Buyer@October 15, 2004, 8:12 AM
Eleanors,

Isn't that price from McCarville simply MSRP? I doubt you would have to drive all the way to LI to get MSRP. And I think "Priority: 99" means that it will never get ordered. I got a "Priority: 10" so I'm hoping mine comes in soon even though I just ordered it last week.
Its at 99 because I didn't order it. And yes its MSRP.
I drive to Long Island about twice a year, because we have family and friends up there, so I figured go see family, bring a car home.

My current low deal is $300 over invoice.
Old 10/15/04, 07:32 AM
V6 Member

Why would you even consider MSRP if you can get it $300 over invoice??
Old 10/15/04, 07:49 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 2005 Mustang Buyer@October 15, 2004, 8:35 AM
Why would you even consider MSRP if you can get it $300 over invoice??
I no longer would- the $300 over came in yesterday. Mccarville was the first to get back with me, and the last quote I got happened to be the lowest. Its from a ford dealer in a teensy town in Alabama, and I got it in writing.
Old 10/15/04, 08:01 AM

2005 Mustang Buyer,

Thanks for the info, when I'm ready to order I'll check them out.

As far as the problem with the used car purchase it was just a run around on a few issues. One was I was buying an Saab 9000 and a plastic trim piece between the rear lights looked bad, water had gotten behind it and discolored it. When we made the deal they said they would "take care of it". When they found out the price of the part they didn't want to replace it. Then without telling me they had some kid that washed cars for them paint the plastic,it looked like bad painted. I think we ended up splitting the cost of the new part. But, it was the argivation. I also had an issue with an anti freeze smell after I took delivery. Of course they conldn't smell it or find a problem. It must have been a small leak in the heater core, as the smell was faint and intermittent. I ended up replacing the heater core about a year later.

Anyway, this wouldn't stop me from buying a new car there today.

I'm intested in the lime green, but want to see it in person. The ford dealer on 112 shows one in inventory but it hasn't arrived yet.

BTW, when did you order and how long did they say it would take?
Old 10/15/04, 08:07 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Gary02@October 15, 2004, 9:04 AM
2005 Mustang Buyer,

Thanks for the info, when I'm ready to order I'll check them out.

As far as the problem with the used car purchase it was just a run around on a few issues. One was I was buying an Saab 9000 and a plastic trim piece between the rear lights looked bad, water had gotten behind it and discolored it. When we made the deal they said they would "take care of it". When they found out the price of the part they didn't want to replace it. Then without telling me they had some kid that washed cars for them paint the plastic,it looked like bad painted. I think we ended up splitting the cost of the new part. But, it was the argivation. I also had an issue with an anti freeze smell after I took delivery. Of course they conldn't smell it or find a problem. It must have been a small leak in the heater core, as the smell was faint and intermittent. I ended up replacing the heater core about a year later.

Anyway, this wouldn't stop me from buying a new car there today.

I'm intested in the lime green, but want to see it in person. The ford dealer on 112 shows one in inventory but it hasn't arrived yet.

112? Stevens Ford?
My buddys business is across the road. That filthy rat promised me he would call the second he saw one over there. He also said walk before you buy a car there.
Old 10/15/04, 08:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Gary02@October 15, 2004, 8:04 AM
I ordered last Thursday (10/7) and they submitted the order that night. I checked with them last night and the order had not yet been pulled (Ford pulls orders Thursdays). I'm hoping it will get pulled soon since I'm the first GT on their list (Priority 10). They couldn't give me any firm date because they said Ford is very inconsistent with their deliveries, especially with new items like this. I appreciate that rather than them promising some early date and then me getting pissed that it doesn't arrive by then. They also said that they had a V6 invoiced a couple of weeks ago but it hadn't arrived yet, even though it was showing up as inventory on Ford's site.

I'll post again when I get any further information.
Old 10/15/04, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

(Green Ford) <-----

Quick Reply: 05' Pricing @ Dealerships