2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

05' Pricing @ Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/04, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hdwrench@October 5, 2004, 11:58 PM
i am looking for a dealer in tx to give me a fair price on a special order 05 gt premium.
look here, just a simple search of topics,
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...c=6460&hl=texas
Old 10/5/04, 10:11 PM
Cobra R Member

anybody know of some good deals in arizona? Im lookin for an 05 gt 5 spd, not too picky on anything else, except the iup. The Earnhardt dealers around here arent known for dealing, when i bought my 01 gt they wanted almost 29,000 for it, before tax title license, due to a $6,000 "market value adjustment" which i ended up negotiating about 4k of it off. If i could get an 05 for about 27, 28k out the door, thats manageable, but obviously id be looking for a little bit cheaper.
Old 10/5/04, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HUGLE+October 5, 2004, 10:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HUGLE @ October 5, 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hdwrench@October 5, 2004, 11:58 PM
i am looking for a dealer in tx to give me a fair price on a special order 05 gt premium.
look here, just a simple search of topics,
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...c=6460&hl=texas[/b][/quote]
thanks for the link. i was hoping for more pricing info and i have sent msgs to the dealers mentioned that seemed like they were dealing. i made my previous post in case there are any tx ford salesmen lurking out there that are interested in ordering me a car. at a reasonable price of course.
Old 10/6/04, 09:33 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Joe Sartain Ford. Decatur Alabama. Almost 2 hours out from me. I like the price, A LOT! Of course this is before The three Ts are added.

$20,029 JUST the way I want her.

Thats the best one yet!
Old 10/6/04, 09:36 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Double post debbil...
sorry
Old 10/6/04, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Do not deal with Leif Johnson in Austin , Tx. I sent them an e-mail stating some dealers are offering discounts (Ordering), dealer reply was I cant justify discounting a vehicle that I dont have let alone a new edition. I will be more than happy to order your new mustang of choice, but for the time being MSRP unless you have a trade. WHAT A JERK :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Old 10/6/04, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

dumont-

You are kidding right? You are calling him a jerk for wanting to sell at MSRP? I know some people are getting below invoice, but selling for MSRP does not warrant a jerk comment.
Old 10/6/04, 06:48 PM
GT Member

There was a thread posted here a while back that said this dealer was selling for 500.00 over invoice. I got a deal for 1000.00 under MSRP today at a dealer in San Antonio which is bending over backwards to get my business. I figured the dealer in Austin would try to be competitive, i guess this dealer does not care about his sales. I know the 05 mustang is a hot car, but in my book he is a jerk :notnice:
Old 10/6/04, 07:38 PM
Cobra Member

He is not a jerk (in my book) because he is offering a new car for MSRP. If he doesn't want to be competitive (which he doesn't NEED to) then he doesn't want to be competitive. He doesn't need to sell for under MSRP because he knows he will sell it at MSRP with no problem. Why compete for worse business when he can make more on another sale?

I still don't get how he is a jerk if he is selling it for MSRP and didn't want to budge. That just means at this point in time, he is probably smart.
Old 10/6/04, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

the customer is always right and the customer (me) says sell for $500 under invoice.
Old 10/6/04, 07:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by hdwrench@October 6, 2004, 8:57 PM
the customer is always right and the customer (me) says sell for $500 under invoice.
This customer is right and feels that giving it to me to drive free would be good PR for ford.
Old 10/6/04, 08:02 PM
V6 Member

First post.

I called my local (RI) dealer, the legendary Tasca Ford, today. They have no problem honoring the X-Plan price (finally, an employee benefit I can use!), be it an order or an inbound lot car. I'm meeting with them early next week!

Now I just need to decide on a color!
Old 10/6/04, 10:23 PM

Well here is my deal. I First went to this rink a dink dealer downtown, who took my order, and asked for a non refundable deposit of 2000$. I gave it to him because I figured, no way I am backing out. His deal was for 1200$ over invoice.

Started bugging him about my scheduled date, and when he saw I wasn't going to be a patsy, he confessed build date was Feburary! So I told him let me out of the deal. He didn't argue and I am out. I think they have poor sales = poor allocation

Then posted on internet that I would pay $700 over invoice on carprice and got 3 calls. Went down to the dealer, whole thing took 10 minutes of the salesmans time and I have a priority 10 order in the system. Not a big dealership, but no fuss/ no muss 500 down, refundable, $700 over invoice.

They had a lot of mustangs and WRQ's on the lot, so I think they deal mainly in muscle cars....They say the have 5 allocated, and I will be one of the 5. We'll see, I let you know. Would welcome feedback about reality of getting a build date this month. Should I go to serramonte ford who wants MSRP, but sells the most in the area has a ton of allocation and even says I can switch my Order for a dealer inventory car if I like one that comes in.

P.S. What does DORA mean?
I'll let you know when I get my build date, VIN, etc....
Old 10/6/04, 10:29 PM
Cobra Member

Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement
Old 10/7/04, 07:47 AM

I'm not seeing any additions recently to the spreadsheet that purple hayz did - can someone make this a sticky so it doesn't get lost in this thread, so that people will add to it as time goes on - it should be, imo, a thread that is uncluttered by additional posts, if possible, just the spreadsheet only. I think this would be of value to a lot of us.
Old 10/7/04, 08:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 67fastback@October 7, 2004, 8:50 AM
I'm not seeing any additions recently to the spreadsheet that purple hayz did - can someone make this a sticky so it doesn't get lost in this thread, so that people will add to it as time goes on - it should be, imo, a thread that is uncluttered by additional posts, if possible, just the spreadsheet only. I think this would be of value to a lot of us.
Agreed- Can we can we please?
Old 10/7/04, 01:53 PM

Hello! I've been monitoring these forums for the past 4 1/2 to 5 weeks since ordering a GT of my own from the local dealership here in T-Town. The order was taken and I gave them $500 deposit. They have apparently recieved the DORA but no build date or invoice. This is my concern. I ordered with no verbal or written commitment for the price. The answer I got the two or three times I've inquired as to the car is they can't give me a price until they get the invoice. I mentioned reading on here that others are getting prices close to invoice (+$300-$500 etc.) and even took them a copy of the "Price List". All the sales manager would say is that he will expect me to pay MSRP! I told him that I did come to him, asked to order a GT with their blessings and with no contract. That I did expect a decent deal since I did order it and was not taking it from stock and that I would hope he would like for me to leave their dealership being proud to advertise for them and to send other interested parties their way when all was said and done. We parted with his promise to do me right. (yah right!)
With EleanorsMine lead, I sat down just a couple of days ago and inquired via internet to the two dealerships near Birmingham she mentioned for a quote on the identical car I ordered in T-Town. I just got an email this day from a salesman from Long Lewis Ford. He indicated that he had virtually the identical car on order with the exception of the Shaker 1000 system and the Interior Color accent package. Otherwise he could deduct those items and order my car for, get this, for $26,400 (as long as there are no price increases from Ford) vs. msrp of $28,245! That's a Premium GT with automatic, optional wheels, anti-theft and front air bags in metalic gray and charcoal interior. I am afraid that I am fixing to go make enemys with the local Ford dealership! I feel that they should attempt to meet the quote or give me my deposit back and I will be out of there and Long Lewis gets by business and everyone that will listen!
Old 10/7/04, 01:56 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Oh Good God= you wen't to Townsend FIRST?
I could have saved you some pain!
Old 10/7/04, 02:02 PM

Live and learn! (oops, wrong dealersip!)
Old 10/7/04, 02:06 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by tgburnett@October 7, 2004, 3:05 PM
Live and learn!
Dirty crooks. I hope they burn

I got hard on that orange GT they had there- I know you saw it, it was lovely and it was spectacular. Lured me in with it, and I was even going to buy it and the 05 from them together.Now I wouldn't take a free mustang from them.
I hate them , fancy dealership and big ole raised display and vintage cars and all.

Quick Reply: 05' Pricing @ Dealerships