Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Car is looking good!
Old 5/22/16, 06:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks and sounds great Burton!

I finally got to do my oil change and chin spoiler mod yesterday! I screwed up my ankle last weekend and it's still messed up, so I just had to go slow and get it done... I ordered race ramps this last week and they got here on Thursday, just in time for my project! Overall, I am loving the look of the spoiler! I have to make sure to come of my driveway at an angle, so I don't scrape, but it looks much better than stock...

Which splitter is this?
The following users liked this post:
clucas (5/22/16)
Old 5/22/16, 06:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Absolutely wicked Burton!!
FromZto5 (5/24/16)
Old 5/22/16, 07:56 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks Alex!!! Unreal is what I called it too! I absolutely love it.

As for driveshaft, yeah the stock one is an eyesore eh? . But I don't plan on tracking mine so maybe it's ok? Oh well. That street video is the most she'll see LOL

Appreciate it Darren. Yeah there was no one around but that stop sign. So yes I tested the brembo brakes .

Rocky thanks for the kind words. It was a long time coming. The fronts are 20x8.5 I think, or is it x9? Hmmmmm one of the two. Fronts are 255 and tears are 305 on 20x10.

And as to your resonator comment, I'm confused. I have no resonators, been that way for years
The confusion was totally my fault Burton.. For some stupid reason I assumed the restrictor plates were similar to resonators in reducing the sound levels..

So once again, my fault.. Anyway I believe the Niche Milans are only available in 20x8.5 and 20x10.. I really like the Milans and was considering getting the 20x10's and running them as a square setup like Gabe has with his 13 GT, but I was concerned that running 20x10's in the front might cause rubbing/clearance issues being as my Mustang is an older 2006 GT..

Rather than take the risk, I decided instead to purchase the 20x9.5 Steeda Spyder wheels that have a 45mm offset.. Hopefully I'll have them installed within the next 7-10 days in addition to the BMR poly adjustable panhard bar that should be arriving by tomorrow..

In the meantime, I'll post pics as soon as they're installed..

-Rocky
Old 5/23/16, 04:10 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

I finally got to do my oil change and chin spoiler mod yesterday! I screwed up my ankle last weekend and it's still messed up, so I just had to go slow and get it done... I ordered race ramps this last week and they got here on Thursday, just in time for my project! Overall, I am loving the look of the spoiler! I have to make sure to come of my driveway at an angle, so I don't scrape, but it looks much better than stock...

Looks great Jay. Glad the weather is breaking for you....put that top down and drive the snot out of it.
Old 5/23/16, 04:23 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vacuum and bath! it's been a while
Old 5/23/16, 05:47 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Phillip123
For you or the car?
Old 5/23/16, 07:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No pics.
Flashed an updated tune through VMP as Justin told me there might be some new things your old tune didn't have. All i have to say is wow. Night and day. General driveability of the car is way better. Shift's are smoother. And took care of a few minor issues i had. A plus people.

Now i just have to replace this darn front 02 sensor
Old 5/23/16, 07:50 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Absolutely wicked Burton!!
thanks man. I drove the heck out of her this weekend - and I even drove her again today. So much for low miles. lol.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
The confusion was totally my fault Burton.. For some stupid reason I assumed the restrictor plates were similar to resonators in reducing the sound levels..

So once again, my fault.. Anyway I believe the Niche Milans are only available in 20x8.5 and 20x10.. I really like the Milans and was considering getting the 20x10's and running them as a square setup like Gabe has with his 13 GT, but I was concerned that running 20x10's in the front might cause rubbing/clearance issues being as my Mustang is an older 2006 GT..

Rather than take the risk, I decided instead to purchase the 20x9.5 Steeda Spyder wheels that have a 45mm offset.. Hopefully I'll have them installed within the next 7-10 days in addition to the BMR poly adjustable panhard bar that should be arriving by tomorrow..

In the meantime, I'll post pics as soon as they're installed..

-Rocky
Rocky no worries. So yes, the restrictor plates do in fact reduce sound levels - they reduce air flow (therefore sound) out the sides. Before, the sides were WIDE open, no restriction. So, since my Corsas were still "mufflers" they had restriction. As we know from fluid dynamics, things take the path of least resistance. So the flow was completely coming out the sides, and it actually felt a tad more sluggish at low rpms. (To add insult to injury, I couldn't full utilize my hp gain in the upper rpm band because I couldn't take it that high for obvious audible reasons).

Thus I had 3/8" restrictor plates fabbed up, and sandwiched in the flange opening - much like the stock Boss 302 and its stock restrictor plates. Imagine, I reduced the flow/sound by a crazy 81.25%!!! (wide open was 2" opening). I mean I love loud, but when I got it out of the shop it was ridiculously loud. And I knew that a) the cops would find me, b) I couldn't enjoy my car because I couldn't rev it up (safely) that high, therefore c) I lost power in the lower rpm range where I drive most of the time.

The new plates are PERFECT. I got more torque down low, plus up high, I can feel (butt dyno) that added 25 to 30whp or so, additional pull from before. Can't wait to get it dyno'd again.

Did I explain that good?

As for the Milans - that sounds right. 8.5. I hope you like the Spyders! Pics please.
Old 5/23/16, 07:52 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rmurer
No pics.
Flashed an updated tune through VMP as Justin told me there might be some new things your old tune didn't have. All i have to say is wow. Night and day. General driveability of the car is way better. Shift's are smoother. And took care of a few minor issues i had. A plus people.

Now i just have to replace this darn front 02 sensor
sweet Russ! Justin's a good guy too huh? That's what I hear anyways. My JDM guys (Nick and company) are great too. So what power should you be putting down to the wheels now?

What's wrong with the O2? I had to reload the tune already on the car to relearn the new spot of the O2 sensors from the new headers. Now it feels even better. Amazing how smart these cars are nowadays.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/23/16 at 09:40 AM.
Old 5/23/16, 08:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
hahahahha perfect reaction pic
Old 5/23/16, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Which splitter is this?
It's the Cervini's Chin Spoiler: http://www.cjponyparts.com/cervini-f...2-2013/p/FS71/

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Looks great Jay. Glad the weather is breaking for you....put that top down and drive the snot out of it.
Thanks! I still need to wash it (it doesn't show in the pics, but it's covered in garage dust!), and it was pretty windy yesterday (and I just drove it to the store and back), so I didn't want to drop the top just yet, but soon!
Old 5/23/16, 09:07 AM
Cobra R Member

sweet Russ! Justin's a good guy too huh? That's what I hear anyways. My JDM guys (Nick and company) are great too. So what power should you be putting down to the wheels now?

What's wrong with the O2? I had to reload the tune I had to relearn the spot of the O2 sensors from the new headers. Now it feels even better. Amazing how smart these cars are nowadays.
Yeah he's a good guy,

O2 sensor is bad. Needs to be replaced. Looking at the logs its not reading anything. Its just bouncing between 0 and 1. which means its not functioning properly.
Old 5/23/16, 09:47 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rmurer
Yeah he's a good guy,

O2 sensor is bad. Needs to be replaced. Looking at the logs its not reading anything. Its just bouncing between 0 and 1. which means its not functioning properly.
interesting... how long before those go bad? I'm still on my OEM ones.
Old 5/23/16, 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

interesting... how long before those go bad? I'm still on my OEM ones.
I dunno they could go at anytime i suppose. But i also have 60k miles on my car. you have like 10 total haha.
Old 5/23/16, 02:36 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Phillip123
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
For you or the car?
LMMFAO
Old 5/23/16, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Closed the books on my headers chronicle. That's what I did.

Enjoy. (select HD)

INSTALL CHRONICLE

TEST RUNS

Now it sounds like satins chariot! It sounds great but personaly I couldn't do that mod for a summer time semi-daily driver.

John
FromZto5 (5/24/16)
Old 5/23/16, 04:00 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Horspla
Now it sounds like satins chariot! It sounds great but personaly I couldn't do that mod for a summer time semi-daily driver.

John
Thanks a ton John! How you been buddy? I think I could for a daily, it just sounds sooooo good. Then again, she's not a daily ever. Lol. John, I'm headed your way this weekend!!! Send me a pm? Between you and Nathan (blue notch) we gotta meet.
Old 5/23/16, 07:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks Alex!!! Unreal is what I called it too! I absolutely love it.

As for driveshaft, yeah the stock one is an eyesore eh? . But I don't plan on tracking mine so maybe it's ok? Oh well. That street video is the most she'll see LOL
Lol who cares honestly, car looks too good. I just asked because I know youre supercharged. All the driveshaft does is decrease the rotational mass, so it revs a little faster and has a little less power loss through the drivetrain. I only did it because i had a 2011 v6 and i was scared the stock one would explode
The following 2 users liked this post by xtc.inc:
FromZto5 (5/24/16), rmurer (5/28/16)
Old 5/24/16, 12:38 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
thanks man. I drove the heck out of her this weekend - and I even drove her again today. So much for low miles. lol.

Rocky no worries. So yes, the restrictor plates do in fact reduce sound levels - they reduce air flow (therefore sound) out the sides. Before, the sides were WIDE open, no restriction. So, since my Corsas were still "mufflers" they had restriction. As we know from fluid dynamics, things take the path of least resistance. So the flow was completely coming out the sides, and it actually felt a tad more sluggish at low rpms. (To add insult to injury, I couldn't full utilize my hp gain in the upper rpm band because I couldn't take it that high for obvious audible reasons).

Thus I had 3/8" restrictor plates fabbed up, and sandwiched in the flange opening - much like the stock Boss 302 and its stock restrictor plates. Imagine, I reduced the flow/sound by a crazy 81.25%!!! (wide open was 2" opening). I mean I love loud, but when I got it out of the shop it was ridiculously loud. And I knew that a) the cops would find me, b) I couldn't enjoy my car because I couldn't rev it up (safely) that high, therefore c) I lost power in the lower rpm range where I drive most of the time.

The new plates are PERFECT. I got more torque down low, plus up high, I can feel (butt dyno) that added 25 to 30whp or so, additional pull from before. Can't wait to get it dyno'd again.

Did I explain that good?

As for the Milans - that sounds right. 8.5. I hope you like the Spyders! Pics please.
Burton, you explained everything exactly right.. So if I understand correctly, you weren't getting enough airflow to your Corsa's due to the shorter exhaust path from the sides that I assume provided very little or no backpressure at all resulting in losing your low end torque which does appear to make sense..

Therefore the restrictor plates give you back the backpressure and low end torque you lost when the sides were open.. So seems to me the plates work somewhat similar like a catted x or h pipe does in creating enough backpressure for providing low end torque, but once you remove the cats you end up losing low end torque because there is no longer enough backpressure or resistance anymore..

Anyway, I hope my comparison between the restrictor plates and catted H/X pipe are at least somewhat accurate lol.

As for the Spyder pics.. Yes, as soon as I get them installed, I will definitely post them..

-Rocky

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?