Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/14, 11:06 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
St Jude is my favorite charity
We do the dream house thing every year.
Old 11/27/14, 11:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Mine too, but the Shriner's are very close. Look into them. They do some amazing stuff for kids. I've got friends and relatives that have been involved in Shriners for years. I think you have to be a Mason for so long before you can join the Shriners.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
This year we are giving to a foster kid. Local foster program gives us the name and age of a local foster kid and we will send some Christmas gifts to them. Seems like a good deal a lot of people here have jumped on. Seems like a good thing.
I've pooled some friends together to buy out the Salvation Army Angel Trees in the area but haven't told them. They put up a tree in malls etc. with the name of a local kid to buy a gift for that people can pick. Some of them don't get picked all off so we've got about $25K together so far to make sure all of them get picked and get gifts. I'll kick in whatever it takes to get them all picked if I have to, but fortunately the other guys are willing help out. We're just waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

We do the dream house thing every year.
Me too. I always buy at least 50 tickets. Never have won anything though, lol. Don't really care about winning, but it does make you wonder after all these years I've done it.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/27/14 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11/27/14, 11:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Has anyone else seen this latest issue of MM&FF with the article about the new 4.7L Kenne Bell liquid cooled Bigun' blower? Holy **** that is a massive honkin' supercharger!!!! Did you see that dude holding one of them next to the car? They had it strapped on a built motor and it was making over 1700 hp.
Old 11/28/14, 01:17 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Mine too, but the Shriner's are very close. Look into them. They do some amazing stuff for kids. I've got friends and relatives that have been involved in Shriners for years. I think you have to be a Mason for so long before you can join the Shriners. I've pooled some friends together to buy out the Salvation Army Angel Trees in the area but haven't told them. They put up a tree in malls etc. with the name of a local kid to buy a gift for that people can pick. Some of them don't get picked all off so we've got about $25K together so far to make sure all of them get picked and get gifts. I'll kick in whatever it takes to get them all picked if I have to, but fortunately the other guys are willing help out. We're just waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks. Me too. I always buy at least 50 tickets. Never have won anything though, lol. Don't really care about winning, but it does make you wonder after all these years I've done it.
That's pretty damm good stuff Lee.
The Shriners are pretty awesome too. I've known of a couple things those guys have done for friends of mine's kids. Most people don't even know what those guys really do.
Old 11/28/14, 01:42 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

That's pretty damm good stuff Lee.
The Shriners are pretty awesome too. I've known of a couple things those guys have done for friends of mine's kids. Most people don't even know what those guys really do.
The Shriner's hospitals do some amazing stuff for kids. Everything from burn units to prosthetic lims and free surgeries for kids that are born with limb problems. I will admit that most all of the Shriner's I know are hard core alcoholics, lol, but those guys will stand out on the street and sell those pecan logs and collect money to give to the kids. They are good guys, every one I've ever known.

Same with the donations to the Salvation Army kettles at Christmas. Somebody around here puts about $5K at a time in the kettle at local stores multiple times every December. Usually do it about 3-4 times, around $20K total. They always report it on the news but nobody knows who it is, been doing it for years. No idea who it is, but I do know that they only do $5K at a time because any more than that is hard stuff into the kettle, even in new $100 bills without being noticed, it just wont fit without drawing attention. Sneaky bastard.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/28/14 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11/28/14, 07:18 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Awesome stuff Lee and Al.
Old 11/28/14, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Has anyone else seen this latest issue of MM&FF with the article about the new 4.7L Kenne Bell liquid cooled Bigun' blower? Holy **** that is a massive honkin' supercharger!!!! Did you see that dude holding one of them next to the car? They had it strapped on a built motor and it was making over 1700 hp.
One of the guys down at the Texas mile had one on his Shelby for a while but pulled it off and ran the 4.2 instead.
Old 11/28/14, 01:04 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

****, some nut got into the crazy juice down in Austin last night didn't he? Danged whackadoodles running around all over the place these days.
Old 11/28/14, 01:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
****, some nut got into the crazy juice down in Austin last night didn't he? Danged whackadoodles running around all over the place these days.
I just have missed it

The Longhorns did lose though
Old 11/28/14, 01:36 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Anybody brave enough or crazy enough to go shopping Friday?
You couldn't pay me to get out in that mess with those lunatics. I'd have to need something really freakin' bad in order for me to go to town Friday. I don't like crowds in the first place, I dang sure am not going to put myself in a situation like that.
Not a chance in hell. I did it a fe years when the kids were really small and I was a single parent, tight on money but I only went to the toy store and that was it. It's too crazy. I can't stand the crowds either and people bumping and pushing you. Standing too close to you in line, breathing down your neck......no thanks! I have a personal space rule that I should be at least an arm length away from people and expect the same in return.
Happy Thanksgiving to all you degenerates!

And you too Jill!
Thanks! And I hope everyone had a great day!

Hey, if any of you guys are feeling generous and have it to spare during this holiday season, I'd suggest the Shriners Hospitals for kids and the St. Jude Childrens hospitals. Both are great charities and the do a ton of good work. I've donated heavily to them over the years and have had a lot of interaction with members of the Shriners and St.Judes. They are truly devoted to providing for people in need. Heck, the Shriner's burn units are the most respected in the country down here.

https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/donate

https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671

If you have it to spare and want to do something good, these are both very good charities to donate to as far as national charities go. I tend to do most of my charity donating locally, but both of these are an exception that I don't mind donating large amounts to. I've seen their work and what they have done for local people and the region. They are top notch.
We don't donate to St. Jude's, but we do for the Johns Hopkins Children's Center. And of course that's because of personal experience and all of the time my husband's daughter spent there during her illness. Every year I also donate a backpack through Under Armour to give to a Wounded Warrior.
Old 11/28/14, 01:38 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I just have missed it

The Longhorns did lose though
http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-s...ry?id=27229703
Old 11/28/14, 02:17 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have it to spare and want to do something good, these are both very good charities to donate to as far as national charities go. I tend to do most of my charity donating locally, but both of these are an exception that I don't mind donating large amounts to. I've seen their work and what they have done for local people and the region. They are top notch.
Unfortunately cash flow has been upside down for the last several years so I too have had to put my focus local. Food bank, local disaster, individual family disaster (typically a fund at a local bank).
But I've also had to turn selfish. Any funds for outside the region go to Foundation for Thymic Cancer Research. There are so few of us that we'll never get the big broadcast funding like breast or prostate does, nor would there be enough financial payback for pharma research.
So hopefully/prayerfully someone along the way will figure out a specific solution, rather than just using stuff from other treatments that are just a shot in the dark. Someone like this Alan & Barbara Neibauer decided to do something and started the Foundation. Sadly Barbara died but Alan continues the fight for awareness and funding. Thankfully the Foundation has organized research around the world to pull information retroactively to put together a block of cases (just 6000) to study what works, what doesn't. Of which I am extremely thankful for! Everyday!

(ITMIG is the research arm. You're talking about going back through paper records and old file folders... )

ITMIG has been making some significant contributions.

The ITMIG retrospective database is an astounding success.
Approximately 50 institutions around the globe have gone through their institutions clinical experience and contributed their data, thus
creating an unprecedented global database of over 6000 cases. This resource permits progress in ways that have never before been possible.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/28/14 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11/28/14, 02:42 PM
Post *****

While I'm yackin.... one of the fund raisers the Foundation does is called "Stinky Ball". When I first read that I thought - they need a new marketing person! Who is going to put on their tux and formal and go to something called stinky?? Much less donate money!

Then I read the back story. The thymus resides in the center of your chest beneath the sternum. The thymus tumor I used to have looked like a squished ball that was pressing against vitals in every direction.

So one of the patients that knew the Neibauer's relayed that when he explained the cancer to his 3 year old son, the son later said "I don't like that stinky ball!!"

Hence the "Stinky Ball" fundraiser. lol
Old 11/28/14, 05:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess my brother in law just got a 15' DIB GT.
Old 11/28/14, 05:02 PM
Post *****

Last night about 5, the mares were spooked and on alert. The boss mare giving her alarm snort twice. The stallions were fine, the dog was fine, I walked down the road a bit, saw nothing. Heard coyotes howling & yipping which is not unusual though the last few years I don't hear them as often as I used to.

Then I read this today. From where OR-7's den with pups was located earlier this year, over to Ft Klamath, down to me, is an easy 45-60mi triangle.

Still wondering how a State with zero wolves since the last ones were killed in the 30's; then the wandering wolf from NE Oregon finds his way to southern Oregon, suddenly finds a female down here. I still smell bs from the government forest service. I think they transplanted a female without disclosing to the public.

I don't know the difference between the sounds of howling wolves and coyotes.

OR-7, wolf pack in the Fort Klamath area
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Howling wolves were the only audible disruption in the dense fog that muffled Fort Klamath last week.

J.A. *** Ranch Manager Steve Bailey said he heard the wolves Friday from his property near the Fremont-Winema National Forest treeline that buffers Sky Lakes Wilderness from the grasslands of Fort Klamath.

Bailey suspected, but couldn’t confirm that wolves were present, until Tom Collom, a wildlife biologist for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, notified him that signals from OR-7’s satellite GPS collar repeatedly tracked to a spot near Bailey’s home in the Wood River Valley.

“The satellite download took me right to a skeleton,” Collom said.
http://www.heraldandnews.com/breakin...8ee952c62.html

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/28/14 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11/28/14, 05:05 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
I guess my brother in law just got a 15' DIB GT.
I've yet to see one on the road. Too bad they didn't come out until a couple weeks before it started snowing.
Old 11/28/14, 05:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Notch

I've yet to see one on the road. Too bad they didn't come out until a couple weeks before it started snowing.
Yeah, I just saw it a few minutes ago but it's too dark out to get a good look. Still not a fan of the rear end..
Old 11/28/14, 05:21 PM
Post *****

Monsta buck!

Russell Moates harvested a one-in-a-lifetime buck, and won the third annual Big Buck Contest sponsored by My Mechanic.

“It is the biggest, I believe, Klamath Falls has seen in many year.” The rack was 40 inches wide and 19 inches high. It was taken in the Steens Mountains.”

Second place in the contest was taken by Mazama High School student Ben Lane, and he used a muzzleloader to bag his buck. “That is quite a task, since (muzzleloaders) are usually only a 100-yard shot, maximum,” Eklund said.

The number of entries for the contest was down from a year ago, but the racks were almost always bigger than a year ago. Eklund said several measured 30 inches wide.
Old 11/28/14, 05:26 PM
Post *****

Scott - whatever the IB guru's are screwing with this week, is messing up editing in IE.
After I post, if I want to hit edit to fix a spelling mistake, the edit box is blank.
I try closing tms, logging off and closing, clearing cookies and files, logging back on, and still get a blank edit box - though the post is showing in the thread.
From what I've noticed, its only when I copy and paste items. Seems like just plain posting allows me to edit just fine.
Been noticing for about a week.

Can you have them fix and tell them to please quit ****ing with it??

Thanx!

EDIT - yep this post opens for editing. But my previous Monsta buck post shows blank in the edit box. Seems to be only happening for posts that I have copied and pasted.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/28/14 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11/28/14, 05:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Monsta buck!

Russell Moates harvested a one-in-a-lifetime buck, and won the third annual Big Buck Contest sponsored by My Mechanic.

“It is the biggest, I believe, Klamath Falls has seen in many year.” The rack was 40 inches wide and 19 inches high. It was taken in the Steens Mountains.”

Second place in the contest was taken by Mazama High School student Ben Lane, and he used a muzzleloader to bag his buck. “That is quite a task, since (muzzleloaders) are usually only a 100-yard shot, maximum,” Eklund said.

The number of entries for the contest was down from a year ago, but the racks were almost always bigger than a year ago. Eklund said several measured 30 inches wide.
Now that's a buck.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast