Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/16, 07:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Nice!
It's a really good article about a great time with a small group of very good people.
Old 1/31/16, 07:29 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What did you do with your Mustang today?

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
It's a really good article about a great time with a small group of very good people.
I don't think I've ever heard of it or seen it anywhere. I went to Barnes and Noble last week and they only had Mustang Monthly and MM&FF.
Old 1/31/16, 07:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard of it or seen it anywhere. I went to Barnes and Noble last week and they only had Mustang Monthly and MM&FF.
It's a smaller magazine I think. I'd never heard of it before the guy who came to write it told us who he wrote for.
Old 1/31/16, 07:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Checked the tire pressure in the new tires/wheels this morning.
Got super pissed off to find that the shop that mounted the tires left 58 psi in the front tires and 50 psi in the rears (drag radials).
They never once mentioned that I should check and reset the pressure to whatever I might wanna run, they just gave me the tires/wheels, took my money and let me leave.
The "max psi" for the front tires is 50.
Not sure what it is for the DR's

Reset them all to 32psi, went on a 2-hour drive with the GF, got back to find that the panhard bar somehow shifted to the right and the tire touched the fender repeatedly over the bumps/dips on the roads/highways:

So I now re-centered the axle and am thinking of what springs to get for the rear to maybe lift the car a 1/4" or so.
I currently have Steeda Sport springs, advertised at a 1.25" rear drop, and I have adjustable Koni shocks.
The tire rub above was even after I cranked the shocks 2 full turns toward firm (they only have 2.5 turns total)

Took another picture of the car while on the road in a restaurant's parking lot

Retards. If you had a blowout they would have been liable!!

Also, this doesn't make sense to me whatsoever, but when I had my old setup and the rears were rubbing, my first instinct was to stiffen the shocks too - then I tried going full soft, and they actually rubbed less. I think if they had less bound/rebound, it allowed for more movement left to right. So if they're super stiff, the axle moves up and down more than left/right. Does that make sense? Might be worth a try.

You have the BMR PHB right? And BMR RLB/LCAs too?
Old 1/31/16, 07:57 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Same here never heard of that mag?
Old 1/31/16, 08:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Retards. If you had a blowout they would have been liable!!

Also, this doesn't make sense to me whatsoever, but when I had my old setup and the rears were rubbing, my first instinct was to stiffen the shocks too - then I tried going full soft, and they actually rubbed less. I think if they had less bound/rebound, it allowed for more movement left to right. So if they're super stiff, the axle moves up and down more than left/right. Does that make sense? Might be worth a try.

You have the BMR PHB right? And BMR RLB/LCAs too?
Yeah the rubbing definitely got worse after stiffening up the shocks.
I'm currently using a J&M phb, with Steeda billet LCA's, and CHE relo brackets

I have a BMR Watts Link waiting to be installed, I should probably just get off my butt and do it, but my thinking's been that if I can't center the axle so there's no rubbing with the PHB then I won't be able to do it with the Watts Link either, and I think (although I might be wrong) that replacing the rear springs (if I have to end up doing that) might be easier when the PHB is still in use
Old 1/31/16, 08:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Looks like it is sitting a little lower in the rear though. What are you thinking Gabe? New shocks?
It's still higher in the rear, the meatier/thicker tire is making it seem otherwise in that pic though.
I'm researching new springs that would lower the car 1" in the rear instead of the 1.25" these Steedas are rated for
Old 1/31/16, 08:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah the rubbing definitely got worse after stiffening up the shocks.
I'm currently using a J&M phb, with Steeda billet LCA's, and CHE relo brackets

I have a BMR Watts Link waiting to be installed, I should probably just get off my butt and do it, but my thinking's been that if I can't center the axle so there's no rubbing with the PHB then I won't be able to do it with the Watts Link either, and I think (although I might be wrong) that replacing the rear springs (if I have to end up doing that) might be easier when the PHB is still in use
I think you're right. I was about to buy a BMR Watts from Hyper, but after talking to Jay, neither of us thinks it would be a good idea with the bags. Now that my rear end has been rebuilt a second time, it seems to be all good, so I can finally move forward with that install. I'm going to repurchase all the BMR bits I had on the rear again.

The Roush springs might be a good option, or just do the Steeda adjustable springs that Burton has...
Old 1/31/16, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think you're right. I was about to buy a BMR Watts from Hyper, but after talking to Jay, neither of us thinks it would be a good idea with the bags. Now that my rear end has been rebuilt a second time, it seems to be all good, so I can finally move forward with that install. I'm going to repurchase all the BMR bits I had on the rear again.

The Roush springs might be a good option, or just do the Steeda adjustable springs that Burton has...
I'll look into the Roush springs.
Can't figure out what Burton has, it doesn't seem to be on Steeda's website these days.
I texted with him earlier and he reminded me he has their Competition springs, but when I look them up they're just springs, no height-adjustability about them at all, and they're listed at the same 1.25" drop as the Sports I have now
Old 1/31/16, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Took the wife and drove 150 mile round trip to the Badlands for Buffalo Burgers at Wall Drug. Love the new 80MPH speed limit on I-90. No snow, dry roads, blue skies and sun, in Feb. Who would have thought?
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-100_0574.jpg  
Old 1/31/16, 09:01 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Took the wife and drove 150 mile round trip to the Badlands for Buffalo Burgers at Wall Drug. Love the new 80MPH speed limit on I-90. No snow, dry roads, blue skies and sun, in Feb. Who would have thought?
That sounds like fun. Definitely jealous.
Old 1/31/16, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Can't figure out what Burton has, it doesn't seem to be on Steeda's website these days.
I texted with him earlier and he reminded me he has their Competition springs, but when I look them up they're just springs, no height-adjustability about them at all, and they're listed at the same 1.25" drop as the Sports I have now
He pieced together a custom kit. You could hit up TJ and ask. I know he has the completion springs up front but basically their adjustable spring perches in the rear - I believe it's the rear portion of their full coilover kit.
Old 2/1/16, 05:14 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Yep Gabe... I have the rear portion of their coil over kit. I chose their stiffest setup. It was a custom kit for sure. My konis are set to stiffest too, FYI. Steedas are both competition.
Old 2/1/16, 05:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

He pieced together a custom kit. You could hit up TJ and ask. I know he has the completion springs up front but basically their adjustable spring perches in the rear - I believe it's the rear portion of their full coilover kit.
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Yep Gabe... I have the rear portion of their coil over kit. I chose their stiffest setup. It was a custom kit for sure. My konis are set to stiffest too, FYI. Steedas are both competition.
Thanks guys, I just sent TJ a PM, we'll see what he says.
Ideally I'd like to just buy the perches and keep the Sport springs.
I have no idea what the spring rate is for the Sports though, so I may want to get a set of rear-only stiffer springs
Old 2/1/16, 07:19 AM
I Have No Life

I have no idea what the spring rate is for the Sports though, so I may want to get a set of rear-only stiffer springs
Gabe, I responded in your other post/thread. But I pasted it below:

Gabe... I finally am sitting at a computer screen with a BIGGER screen than my phone. Hah! I took a look at your pics again, especially the side shot from your drive/parking. Your rear is WAY lower than mine. Whether that's from your springs (likely) or your shocks... mine definitely does not sit that low. Here's a couple pics of mine compared to yours.

Old 2/1/16, 07:25 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,150 Likes on 824 Posts
Lead-acid batteries are not supposed to be discharged/re-charged, at least not fully discharged.
I plug mine in and leave it plugged in unless I take the car out for a ride, like I did this afternoon after putting the new rear wheels on

Your car is looking very sharp with those new shoes!

Always love a 5 spoke wheel. Very nice.
Old 2/1/16, 02:37 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Awesome!
Good luck Gabe and keep us posted!

Ehhhhhhhh,........looks "alright"! lol
Just kidding bro. Looks killer as usual.
Old 2/1/16, 03:43 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome!
Good luck Gabe and keep us posted!

Ehhhhhhhh,........looks "alright"! lol
Just kidding bro. Looks killer as usual.
LOL! Thanks Tony! Visions of summer... as I live through 6" of snow forecasted tomorrow. We're under a winter advisory. Wonderful.
Old 2/1/16, 03:49 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
LOL! Thanks Tony! Visions of summer... as I live through 6" of snow forecasted tomorrow. We're under a winter advisory. Wonderful.
Good you need more snow!
Old 2/1/16, 06:28 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Good you need more snow!
No!!! I'm so sick of this dang weather. Can't drive my Infiniti or my Pony

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?