Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/09, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I have Brady for fantasy football, I hate Belichek. he is a cheater and got caught.

on another note a question:

Gary/ Anyone,

what do you know about tankless hot water heaters? I have a feeling our unit is deciding where it is going to retire. I like the concept of not keeping water hot when not in use, however I think our area the ground water is too cold in winter to heat it sufficiently. Any ideas??? The rep was saying I needed 2. 1 to take water up to 75-80 degrees and the 2nd to get the water to 105 degrees

Last edited by runningwild4.6; 9/14/09 at 09:28 PM.
Old 9/14/09, 09:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Gary loves the Cowboys...

Gary hates the Skins, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, and Niners. (basically all the Cowboys rivals past and present)

I kind of like the Chargers, Cardinals, and Dolphins.

With that being said after watching the game yesterday and watching so many Skins games, they have got to be the dirtiest team I've ever seen. Just a bunch of thugs and idiots. They always have been. I wish them nothing but losses and pray for the eventual destruction of the franchise. I hope as a franchise they cease to exist on this earth and all records of their existence will be stricken from the annals of history.
Old 9/14/09, 09:32 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Gary loves the Cowboys...

Gary hates the Skins, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, and Niners. (basically all the Cowboys rivals past and present)

I kind of like the Chargers, Cardinals, and Dolphins.

With that being said after watching the game yesterday and watching so many Skins games, they have got to be the dirtiest team I've ever seen. Just a bunch of thugs and idiots. They always have been. I wish them nothing but losses and pray for the eventual destruction of the franchise. I hope as a franchise they cease to exist on this earth and all records of their existence will be stricken from the annals of history.
Arin loves the Niners

Arin hates the Cowboys, Raiders, Cardinals, Eagles, Rams... and the Patriots

Arin kinda likes the Packers
Old 9/14/09, 09:37 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
While I have Brady for fantasy football, I hate Belichek. he is a cheater and got caught.

on another note a question:

Gary/ Anyone,

what do you know about tankless hot water heaters? I have a feeling our unit is deciding where it is going to retire. I like the concept of not keeping water hot when not in use, however I think our area the ground water is too cold in winter to heat it sufficiently. Any ideas??? The rep was saying I needed 2. 1 to take water up to 75-80 degrees and the 2nd to get the water to 105 degrees
Well I've had a tankless water heater for about 9 years now. The first one I had was a Takamichi I think. I had a 3000 sq.ft. house and it worked flawlessly for 5 years with up to 6 people in the house there towards the end. I also had cheap natural gas bills.

In this new house I've got a Noritz and its about 2.5 years old now. Again I've got a 4000 sq.ft. house and I use a larger unit but I still have one. So size is not a factor in how many to get.

As far as the cold winter water I have no idea about that. I do know that the technology for these water heaters has been used for years in Europe. Especially scandinavian countries and from videos I've seen they only use one. They might be warming their water geothermally first I don't know.

I'm kind of suspisious of someone saying you need two. These things can heat up to 150* plus. I have mine set at 125* and it will heat that water all day long and all night at that temp.

I love these water heaters. Mine have been flawless and saved me money over their lifetime. I'm not paying to heat that water while it sits in some tank. I sacrifice nothing on water pressure either. She's usually washing clothes or dishes and I can still take a shower. Plus I never run out of hot water. Never. And my NG gas bill is like $20 a month. I run the water heater and the forced air furnace on NG.

I would check into it further Mike. Find someone you know that has one locally and see what they say about water temps in teh winter time.

2 of these water heaters would be pricey. I think we pay about $1,200-$1,400 down here.
Old 9/14/09, 09:43 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Why is it so hard for professors to put the online reading assignments in the order you need to read them?
Old 9/14/09, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

hold on there Cowboy! now even though I did not watch yesterdays game, I will agree that the level of play has changed. But to say they "always" were and always will be a dirty team is a stretch. the Cowboy/ Redskin rivalry goes back to the Cowboys inception and BOTH teams always bring their ""A" game no matter the win/ loss in the standings. I will admit that I have lost interest in them ever since Dan Snyder bought them and what he has done to the franchise.

The Cowboys for a while there had quite a few players on the roster who split time between the team and their parole officer (pakman Jones comes to mind) They cant stay clean on the streets! Jerry I think has come to his senses by letting these lowlifes leave and now T.O. free!

THe NFC East is very heated in its rivalries (what about the Cards?) and it spills to the fans, but the NFL in general is full of rivalries! that is what makes NFL football so fun, you love to hate teams!
Old 9/14/09, 09:46 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
those tankless water heaters sound good

in other news, I now remember how muh I hate norv turner! he needs to let rivers call the plays, and they'll be straight beast. Back at NC State, Chuck Amato would call plays until they'd get down like 20 pts, then let rivers take over, and the pack would storm back for a V
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Why is it so hard for professors to put the online reading assignments in the order you need to read them?

get used to it lol
Post *****

Mike. I love you man. You're like a big brother...but...

Redskins suck. Always have. Always will.

To this day I still wish anyone that drives for Joe Gibbs to finish last. Not because they drive Toyotas or Chevys, but because he was a Redskin coach. And Joe Theisman can suck my *****. God I hate the guy.
Old 9/14/09, 09:49 PM
NTTAWWT

^****
Old 9/14/09, 09:50 PM
NTTAWWT

professors are lazy for the most part dude

that one still hasnt changed my grade. WTF am i supposed to do? anyone gotsa idea?
Old 9/14/09, 09:51 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mine all said at the beginning of class that they won't change any grades unless they've made a major mistake. I guess they're just lazy like you said. Makes you wonder how they even got to be "professors".
Old 9/14/09, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Well I've had a tankless water heater for about 9 years now. The first one I had was a Takamichi I think. I had a 3000 sq.ft. house and it worked flawlessly for 5 years with up to 6 people in the house there towards the end. I also had cheap natural gas bills.

In this new house I've got a Noritz and its about 2.5 years old now. Again I've got a 4000 sq.ft. house and I use a larger unit but I still have one. So size is not a factor in how many to get.

As far as the cold winter water I have no idea about that. I do know that the technology for these water heaters has been used for years in Europe. Especially scandinavian countries and from videos I've seen they only use one. They might be warming their water geothermally first I don't know.

I'm kind of suspisious of someone saying you need two. These things can heat up to 150* plus. I have mine set at 125* and it will heat that water all day long and all night at that temp.

I love these water heaters. Mine have been flawless and saved me money over their lifetime. I'm not paying to heat that water while it sits in some tank. I sacrifice nothing on water pressure either. She's usually washing clothes or dishes and I can still take a shower. Plus I never run out of hot water. Never. And my NG gas bill is like $20 a month. I run the water heater and the forced air furnace on NG.

I would check into it further Mike. Find someone you know that has one locally and see what they say about water temps in teh winter time.

2 of these water heaters would be pricey. I think we pay about $1,200-$1,400 down here.
I think I was quoted 1100 for a Rheem unit and 1400 for a Rinnai. it was their larger units for 6 people.

If my incoming water is at 55 degrees at 2GPM water temp would be 105 degrees. (winter months) summer would be @125 degrees.... no problem then at a 1.5 GPM rate
Old 9/14/09, 09:53 PM
Post *****

My mother in law is a Redskins fan too. So that's just like icing on the cake.
Old 9/14/09, 09:55 PM
NTTAWWT

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Mine all said at the beginning of class that they won't change any grades unless they've made a major mistake. I guess they're just lazy like you said. Makes you wonder how they even got to be "professors".
she knows she screwed up

most of them seem to forget what it was like to be a student when they get that job. I've been lucky enough to get a few that really care! I have a bad feeling that my favorite professor may not make it too much longer. He had some heart issues last year, and found out he has cancer. He's looking real bad. I try to go by and visit him when I can, he's honestly been an inspiration to me.
Old 9/14/09, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

Mike. I love you man. You're like a big brother...but...

Redskins suck. Always have. Always will.

To this day I still wish anyone that drives for Joe Gibbs to finish last. Not because they drive Toyotas or Chevys, but because he was a Redskin coach. And Joe Theisman can suck my *****. God I hate the guy.
Um, I agree with regards to Joe Theisman! I hated him sincew I met him in 1983 in Tampa, what a arrogant f***.That play were LT broke his leg.....best thing to happen to him!!!! but oh so painful to watch! Gibbs sold out!!!!Plain and simple.

Oh, and your the brother I never had! that's why I like this banter.It aint the same with your sisters hehe

D***, Oakland looks better than I give credit after last year!

Last edited by runningwild4.6; 9/14/09 at 10:00 PM.
Old 9/14/09, 09:58 PM
Cobra Member

My mother in law is a Redskins fan too. So that's just like icing on the cake.
....closet fan, eh??
Old 9/14/09, 10:00 PM
Post *****

Um, I agree with regards to Joe Theisman! I hated him sincew I met him in 1983 in Tampa, what a arrogant f***.That play were LT broke his leg.....best thing to happen to him!!!! but oh so painful to watch! Gibbs sold out!!!!Plain and simple.

D***, Oakland looks better than I give credit after last year!
I'm still trying to decide on our little trade thing. I actually put in to pick up Jamarcus Russell off of waivers. I've dropped Delhomme as my backup. I'll bench Schaub and see what Russell can do. I think that the defenses of Denver and KC will give him some yards and points in at least 4 games.

The problem is Gore is my #1 running back and I checked the wires and there really isn't anyone out there worth having right now.
Old 9/14/09, 10:01 PM
Cobra Member

keep an eye on Byron Leftwich!

Maybe I'll throw in Michael Bush too.........

Last edited by runningwild4.6; 9/14/09 at 10:03 PM.
Old 9/14/09, 10:04 PM
Post *****

keep an eye on Byron Leftwich!

Maybe I'll throw in Michael Bush too.........
The way his O-line was blocking for him in that Cowboys game, I doubt he lasts all year. He's a big boy but he was taking a beating.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast