Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/09, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Brady overrated?
Old 9/14/09, 08:15 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Oh well, at least you're halfway done. The best of luck!

PP. SS. Have to remind your dad that it's an 18 year truck and it will have some problems like blown shocks or squealing front end due to lack of grease or worn bits.
There's no squeeling. The only thing I'm even halfway concerned about beyond new fluid and thermostat, is that the steering is kinda loose. But I just chalk that up to being an 18 year old truck with 140k. It drives really nice.
Old 9/14/09, 08:15 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Brady overrated?
I have no problem with Brady, I just don't like the team
Old 9/14/09, 08:17 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Brady overrated?
dont get me wrong, he's very good, but he's far from the absolute standout best QB in the history of sports ever, like some of the analysts would try to tell you

when he went down last year, they brought in a guy that hadnt started since highschool, and they almost go to the playoffs. Brady is good, because he's got the pro bowl team to play with.
Old 9/14/09, 08:19 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Tom-

I did it almost two weeks ago. The guys **** printer was out of ink so I don't have a printout. Then he was supposed to email me a jpeg of it but he hasn't yet. i've got to get on him about it.

Anyway. With the 3.4 pulley and the Brenspeed tune it put down like 440 if I remember right. Which I told them to give me a safe tune and it was. Their A/F was good too. But I decided to have the guy put on the 3.2 pulley and after a while it put down 479 on a very warm day with high humidity but at sea level.

The tuner was really good. I was impressed. But he had a little trouble figuring out the MAF sensor on the Saleen intake. He said that it was huge and from the looks of it could easily support 1000rwhp. But once he got that figured out it was just a matter of dialing it in.

The car went on the dyno at about 1:30pm and didn't come off again till 8:00pm.

I am extremely confident in the tune and the car now. It is a freakin' beast Tom. But you know all about that. I think the difference in my 479 and your 500 was you had cams IIRC.

It took a long time...a very long time. But I gotta say...the juice was so worth the squeeze man.
Old 9/14/09, 08:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
dont get me wrong, he's very good, but he's far from the absolute standout best QB in the history of sports ever, like some of the analysts would try to tell you

when he went down last year, they brought in a guy that hadnt started since highschool, and they almost go to the playoffs. Brady is good, because he's got the pro bowl team to play with.

Great coach too.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

It took a long time...a very long time. But I gotta say...the juice was so worth the squeeze man.

Congrats again those are great numbers!
Old 9/14/09, 08:26 PM
Post *****

Tom-

The problem I was having with the car being rich at idle didn't have anything directly related to Brenspeeds tune. You may remember I was throwing an occaisonal O2 slow sensor response code. Well Patrick told me that is what was causing my rich idle problem at a cold start-up. Turns out the O2 sensor being further away was causing that code and when that happened the computer was dumping fuel in the chamber to make up for a lean O2 code. He said the the first 15 seconds or so the computer works off of a mapping program for fuel delivery, but after that it immediately starts sensing the O2's to find out if the mix is lean or rich. So when it was slow to warm up the computer starts dumping fuel and the car was sluggish and flooded feeling.

So he extended the repsonse time from 15 seconds to 60 seconds and that solved it. After several drives I don't get any code anymore and not once has it felt like sluggish on a cold startup, or any startup.

The other possibility was a failing O2 that he said could have been caused by bad gas or just about anything. So far so good. But if it ever resurfaces I'll just replace the O2 sensors.
Old 9/14/09, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom-

The problem I was having with the car being rich at idle didn't have anything directly related to Brenspeeds tune. You may remember I was throwing an occaisonal O2 slow sensor response code. Well Patrick told me that is what was causing my rich idle problem at a cold start-up. Turns out the O2 sensor being further away was causing that code and when that happened the computer was dumping fuel in the chamber to make up for a lean O2 code. He said the the first 15 seconds or so the computer works off of a mapping program for fuel delivery, but after that it immediately starts sensing the O2's to find out if the mix is lean or rich. So when it was slow to warm up the computer starts dumping fuel and the car was sluggish and flooded feeling.

So he extended the repsonse time from 15 seconds to 60 seconds and that solved it. After several drives I don't get any code anymore and not once has it felt like sluggish on a cold startup, or any startup.

The other possibility was a failing O2 that he said could have been caused by bad gas or just about anything. So far so good. But if it ever resurfaces I'll just replace the O2 sensors.

I bet it doesn't resurface...... Sounds like it's all taken care of now..... rock on!
Old 9/14/09, 08:29 PM
Post *****

Nice sig Tom. QFW!

tom281
Super Moderator

Old 9/14/09, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL yeah I thought it was funny. Hey when I ran the 3.2 pulley before the cams I was at 450/450. I bet your extra HP is coming from those Kooks headers.
Old 9/14/09, 08:31 PM
Post *****

Congrats again those are great numbers!
I owe alot of it to you man. Thank goodness you parted that car out.
Old 9/14/09, 08:34 PM
Post *****

Everyone always says that mods like cams and LT headers really respond on FI and built motors compared to stock. I don't know s***. But I do know I've gone as far as I can on the stock bottom end.

Now it's time to work on the Bronco. I wanna get that motor rebuilt.
Old 9/14/09, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys
Old 9/14/09, 08:38 PM
Post *****

Hey Lancer dude.
Old 9/14/09, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Working on a slide show of the engine swap. I think it will turn out good.
Old 9/14/09, 08:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Lancer
Working on a slide show of the engine swap. I think it will turn out good.

Going to Muncie this week? Let us know what it runs.
Old 9/14/09, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Going to Muncie this week? Let us know what it runs.
Wanted too. The valve cover is leaking. The load leveler on the engine hoist stress fractured the valve cover and now its leaking oil. So I am shopping around for a valve cover.
Old 9/14/09, 08:46 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Crown Vics are pretty bad round here too, cause so many young kids have them. Either way, after a good hour of discussion, we've worked things out. I'll still be paying my 50 per month, and working off the other 50 in any way my parents please. So now all that's left is for the seller to get the title in her name from her now deceased husband's, and for it to pass "The Dad Test" which will be either Friday or Sunday. I'm excited
Good luck Sean!!
Old 9/14/09, 08:58 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Holy crap they just scored!!!!!!!

Dude I love watching the Pats and I'm a Cowboy fan at heart.......

I would say they scored too soon. But we are talking about the Bills.
At this rate tonight they had just better score whenever they can LOL......

i can't stand watching patriots games...a) because I hate overrated Tom Brady, and b) because everytime I hear the announcers I wanna hurl, they kiss so much Patriot *** it's rediculous

I'm just glad it's over so I can see Phillip Rivers and the Chargers!
Funny thing is that if you watch the game from up here in PATS country it sounds like all they talk about is how much they want any team who play the PATS to win

Brady overrated?
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I have no problem with Brady, I just don't like the team

I don't think that he is overrated seriously look at some of his numbers...they really do rank with the best of the best.

However I do think it is more about the coach and the TEAM. The team as a whole is pretty good and thats why they get t where they are. A lot of good players are far better then one or two Great players.

This season will be a learning one for all as it is not the same team as it used to be.

!!!GO PATS!!! and anyone who plays the Colts
Old 9/14/09, 09:20 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
at least you recognize that man! brady plays well because of his team

I've got three teams to root for...the Cowboys, the Chargers, and anyone playing the Patriots*!

*team cannot be the Redskins, Giants, or Eagles...in that case, I hope they both lose

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast