Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/17, 08:46 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I lost 11 pounds last couple of weeks and then had a cheat day for my birthday and gained 6 back. Oh well.
Cheat days are awesome!! Congrats on losing all that weight though. That isn't easy.
How did you gain back 6lbs. from one day of cheating though?!?!?
Old 3/4/17, 12:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Cheat days are awesome!! Congrats on losing all that weight though. That isn't easy.
You've got that right. Losing weight and keeping it off is the hardest thing I've ever done. It took me a well over a year just get into the mindset of staying with it. I've lost weight quickly a bunch of times, but always gained it back because I never did (or could) change my thought process and habits for the long term. This time I just slowly changed my eating habits and diet until it became the norm instead of something temporary to achieve a target. Took me 5 years to do it, but over that period I've lost right at 130lbs slowly.

How did you gain back 6lbs. from one day of cheating though?!?!?
Did you not see his C/T? "Fatboy loves fried"
Old 3/4/17, 12:58 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I can even remember what I ate Wednesday

I did have a small piece of my cake and we ate Olive Garden for dinner because it was Ash Wednesday and I was trying to avoid seafood places. I think for lunch I had fried catfish from a food truck I love to go to but shouldn't. So yeah Fat boy loves fried.
Old 3/4/17, 01:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You've got that right. Losing weight and keeping it off is the hardest thing I've ever done. It took me a well over a year just get into the mindset of staying with it. I've lost weight quickly a bunch of times, but always gained it back because I never did (or could) change my thought process and habits for the long term. This time I just slowly changed my eating habits and diet until it became the norm instead of something temporary to achieve a target. Took me 5 years to do it, but over that period I've lost right at 130lbs slowly.
Did you not see his C/T? "Fatboy loves fried"
Wow,...that's impressive Lee. Kudos bro!
LOL @ fatboy.

I can even remember what I ate Wednesday
I did have a small piece of my cake and we ate Olive Garden for dinner because it was Ash Wednesday and I was trying to avoid seafood places. I think for lunch I had fried catfish from a food truck I love to go to but shouldn't. So yeah Fat boy loves fried.
I had spaghetti with scrimp marsala for Ash Wednesday.
Fried food is a killer. So good tasting but yet, so fattening and not good for the body.
Old 3/4/17, 03:12 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
If any of you guys are looking for any of that weight you lost, I'm pretty sure I found it and you are more than welcome to have it back! Dang old age and changing metabolism
Old 3/4/17, 04:36 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Just more cushion for the....

Oh my meemaw
Old 3/4/17, 09:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Fried food is a killer. So good tasting but yet, so fattening and not good for the body.
I love fried food. Hell, I'm from the South, everything is fried. But during this transition in eating habits and diet, I finally gave it up and it was hard to do down here. I never realized just how toxic it is to the body until I got away from it for a while. After about a year of slowly cutting down on that stuff, eating less and less of it, then finally cutting it out all together after 2 years or so, my God what a difference.

My body must have changed, because now if I do eat something fried its ugly. And I mean just a little something, like 2 chicken fingers from Zaxbys, or a handful of fries, or a small piece of fried fish. It fcks me UP! Messes up my stomach, makes me feel like crap, lethargic and bloated feeling, etc. For it to do that, I realized that fried stuff must be really bad for me, even more so than I already knew it was.

But damm does it taste good!! Not worth the sick feeling and other problems it causes me now. Now I'll just occasionally eat a few bites of something fried if someone else is having it and offers it.
Old 3/4/17, 11:12 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
BBQ place we went to tonight had fried Corn on the Cob. Wtf?
Old 3/4/17, 11:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
BBQ place we went to tonight had fried Corn on the Cob. Wtf?
Never seen that, but I'm sure its good! I see fried green beans at a lot of places now, never tried them but leave it to people in the South to turn something good for you into something that will kill you.

If I could get David on my program and spend some time with him, I'd turn him into a lean, mean, sexy, screwing machine. He'd have to fight the women off with a stick. He's already a pretty stout athletic dude, let me trim him up like I have, hell, he'd be unstoppable.
Old 3/5/17, 08:55 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
If any of you guys are looking for any of that weight you lost, I'm pretty sure I found it and you are more than welcome to have it back! Dang old age and changing metabolism
Yeah,...tell me about it.
Spending more and more time on cardio it seems, trying to defy the aging process. LOL

Oh my meemaw
LMFAO

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I love fried food. Hell, I'm from the South, everything is fried.
I'm not from the south,......(YET!!!), and I love friend foods too. Sound good and tasty. BBQ food is one of my favorites. I can't wait to go out there and fire up the grill again when it warms up.
Heck, I love a lot of foods. lol
Old 3/5/17, 09:05 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I went through a mild weight loss about for years ago - from 205 to 180 in 8 weeks. It has stayed there (+/- 3 pounds) ever since. I maintain it by using an app to track my food intake and exercise. I still eat what I want, but will limit the portions at times based on how much exercise I've had that day.
Old 3/5/17, 10:09 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Yep I try to avoid all fried foods I had some fish and chips about three weeks ago and that really messed me up!
Old 3/5/17, 11:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
There's a rash of F250 buying here at work. F250 4X4's everywhere and most of them don't pull or haul anything but fat butts to work. 6 of them just in my department. Nope I'm not biting on that hook.
That's the case with most truck buyers. The guys who use them rarely spend money on the fancy versions, because they know they're going to be beaten to hell in six months.

I bought an '04 250 SuperDuty Lariat with the camper springs last year, had the 6.0L bulletproofed, fixed everything on it that needed to be fixed and came out with a truck that will likely last me years doing what it needs to do for well under $30k what it would have cost me to buy a new one. Even put a new sound system in it. **** paying 25% of a house for a truck that won't last more than half a decade before it needs thousands in repairs.
Old 3/5/17, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Happy birthday Jackhammer
Old 3/5/17, 12:06 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Oh my no you didn't call me that
I may have heard that from Mr. Jill too

Yeah,...tell me about it.
Spending more and more time on cardio it seems, trying to defy the aging process. LOL
Guess I should probably start exercising

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I went through a mild weight loss about for years ago - from 205 to 180 in 8 weeks. It has stayed there (+/- 3 pounds) ever since. I maintain it by using an app to track my food intake and exercise. I still eat what I want, but will limit the portions at times based on how much exercise I've had that day.
I've always fluctuated a little too but I put on too much too fast with no change in my diet. My friends in the medical field suggested I go to the doctor because they think it's thyroid related. Could just be age catching up with me though. I've never really had to watch what I eat and have never been on a diet. And I consider myself lucky because my mama is a big girl.
Old 3/5/17, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
That's the case with most truck buyers. The guys who use them rarely spend money on the fancy versions, because they know they're going to be beaten to hell in six months.

I bought an '04 250 SuperDuty Lariat with the camper springs last year, had the 6.0L bulletproofed, fixed everything on it that needed to be fixed and came out with a truck that will likely last me years doing what it needs to do for well under $30k what it would have cost me to buy a new one. Even put a new sound system in it. **** paying 25% of a house for a truck that won't last more than half a decade before it needs thousands in repairs.
I'm probably going to either end up with the new Ranger crew cab "long bed" or I'm going to get the lowest mileage nicest 7.3 SD that I can. I still love the old style. I just wish they had latch anchors for the car seats (I know I know, but with the child seat regulations, the kids will be in car seats until they get their licenses to operate their self driving cars! ) If I do the Ranger, I would like to swap a coyote 5.0 into off the bat. I don't want a fricken ecoboost in my truck.
Old 3/5/17, 01:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Guess I should probably start exercising
Definitely.
Good for weight loss and your heart!
Old 3/5/17, 09:20 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm probably going to either end up with the new Ranger crew cab "long bed" or I'm going to get the lowest mileage nicest 7.3 SD that I can. I still love the old style. I just wish they had latch anchors for the car seats (I know I know, but with the child seat regulations, the kids will be in car seats until they get their licenses to operate their self driving cars! ) If I do the Ranger, I would like to swap a coyote 5.0 into off the bat. I don't want a fricken ecoboost in my truck.
Never been to SF so I don't know how the city is, but I will say this, if you look for a SD, you'll want a crew cab for the kids, I'd avoid longbed. My 03 with extended cab and shortbed is a ***** to maneuver in tight downtown sections. There are a few parking lots around here I don't even try to get into. Not necessarily that I can't get it in a spot, but if someone next to me doesn't park right, I might not be able to get back out.
Old 3/5/17, 09:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Never been to SF so I don't know how the city is, but I will say this, if you look for a SD, you'll want a crew cab for the kids, I'd avoid longbed. My 03 with extended cab and shortbed is a ***** to maneuver in tight downtown sections. There are a few parking lots around here I don't even try to get into. Not necessarily that I can't get it in a spot, but if someone next to me doesn't park right, I might not be able to get back out.
Oh yeah the 6.5fy bed is fine for me. I wouldn't do a crew cab long bed. Ranger "long bed" will probably be 6.5ft though, like the F-150 crew cab "short bed" is 5.5 and 6.5 "long bed."
Old 3/6/17, 06:45 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Just can't help but laugh at some of these leads we get:

State:Oregon
Message Body:
I'm wondering what to do if someone non consensually brainmapped me and has been using an interface program to stalk and injure me. not only have I been to the ER for middle ear damage but it led to an attempted sexual assault 125 miles away from my home.
This is wireless technology and it has been used on me 24/7 for almost 3 years by people that I know. They live right by me.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 3/6/17 at 07:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast