Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/15, 09:57 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Lee, I told you these guys were fun.
Old 1/20/15, 10:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Yeah and I feel all owned and empty inside.
Why is it wrong to state my belief that the ecoboost sucks and detest that Ford is trying to ram those things down our throats?
That's an opinion and I don't agree. But, I'm fine with you thinking it.
Old 1/20/15, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
That's an opinion and I don't agree. But, I'm fine with you thinking it.
Just not posting it huh? Commie rice burning fart can loving freedom of speech hating ****.
Disclaimer: That last part was a joke.
Old 1/20/15, 10:45 PM

Just not posting it huh?
You can post an opinion all day long and I'll support your right to say it.

Disclaimer: That last part was a joke.
Keep practicing. You'll eventually get the hang of it.
Old 1/20/15, 10:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Just not posting it huh? Commie rice burning fart can loving freedom of speech hating ****. Disclaimer: That last part was a joke.
Your going to be stalked now by the EB crew.
Old 1/20/15, 11:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot the ecoboost was a 4 banger
Hopefully in a year we won't be hearing about blown gaskets and seals on them
Old 1/20/15, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT
Your going to be stalked now by the EB crew.
I bet they shave their legs.
That is scary.
Old 1/20/15, 11:20 PM

I bet they shave their legs.
That is scary.
Well, I'd say keep practicing, but you're not getting much better at this yet. It may be a lost cause.
Old 1/21/15, 12:21 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can post an opinion all day long and I'll support your right to say it.
Are you sure about that??

And why are you bowing to a what... 6 week member??

Originally Posted by 3point7
Yep, definitely needs to be locked.
Oh, and Locked.
And what's with the troll snipe?? Because someone disagrees with you??

Seriously? And then you mention Fuel economy. A+ on the trolling.
Look, TMS may have ordained you as a Mod but what have you contributed to keep the forum going during these rough years of transition? What have you done to keep eyeballs on the forum (which equals money for advertisers which equals money for owners)??

3323 posts since 2004???

JeffreyDJ
The Prodigal Son Returns
TMS Staff
JJ
>>>>
AlsCobra
Al

Al has hung in there like many of us, plus has posted more technical info on the forum than probably the entire extent of your mechanical knowledge. Course you wouldn't know that would you because you're all hung up on protecting your EB.

Pretty much all you have done that I can see since you popped up 'active' again - besides coddle your EB - is close threads. You even closed the hobama thread that was posted by 'TMS staff' and there was nothing irreverent or overly political even posted. Which is why Gary gave you a note post closing. Just a few jokes poking fun. So your actions clearly exposed your politics "JJ".

No disrespect, but we struggle here to keep posts and conversations going. So maybe - as a 'Mod' for 'TMS' - you might want to consider helping the forum rather than killing it. That means let threads run a while and let people have a little bit of fun. Even You'll know when it gets out of hand - assuming it does.

Fair enough?

If you're confused about us or me ask the other Mods that have hung in here while you've been inactive and they'll fill you in how a number of us regular posters have done our best to keep threads going. To keep the forum going. And it has been a real struggle and a couple of near death experiences. The number of threads and posts continues to slide whereas other forums are not in decline like TMS under IB.
Old 1/21/15, 01:16 AM

Not even worth quoting, but I am glad you know me (or my situation) so well.

When someone says the following, can you back these statements up?

1. "A GT gets better gas mileage". Right off the bat it was obvious where he was going.
2. "A EB costs the same as a GT" (stated at least twice in the same thread)
3. Paraphrased: A more expensive turbo 4 car that's SLOWER than an EB is a better car (and one with an interior on par with an '87 Renault to wit!)
4. A GT is discounted more heavily than a EB (funny, I got almost 4K off sticker on mine, and that's not unusual) making the RW difference to be 5K not 7K (not to even mention 5K still buys a whole heck of a lot of mods anyway).

Those aren't opinions. You can't hide an obvious untruth as an opinion. That is classic trolling 101. Well, #3 could be an opinion above. Just not one based in reality.

If you call antagonism "helping save TMS" then you're doing it wrong. The blatant trolling and sniping has done more to factually harm this board more than anything IB has done or could do. When new members don't feel welcome, why would they stick around? There's plenty of places to talk, and even argue, productively. When the first response to being proven wrong is an insult or a claim of the other being hurt, that also says a lot about attitude and intent.

I believe the Ecoboost crowd may be even more fun than the Boss guys were.
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Link? I need to get in on that.
Lee, I told you these guys were fun.
That right there says more than I need or even could say. But, that doesn't fit your version, so I'm sure you'll give it a pass. Looking for "fun" in antagonizing people as opposed to discussing in a productive manner? Write me another chapter.

(Let's not even start on that Obama thread and who/how it was posted. Regardless of my views - and you may be surprised - we all knew where that was headed and did head immediately.)

Heck, I don't always agree with myself. I like a good discussion/argument. If you can back it up with well-reasoned statements or facts, instead of spouting crap just to spout crap to have fun or insult someone, then go for it. Just don't start mixing in factual untruths and then back it up with an insult then claim it's an opinion.

So, back to the beginning. Yes ... to answer you're question I am sure I would defend anyone's right to an opinion.
Old 1/21/15, 02:31 AM

C'mon one gripe at a time.
1: I don't believe I ever said a GT gets better fuel mileage. You should read the post again and reinterpret.
2: $32k or $37k. Is there really a difference. 30's is 30's. If you can afford one, you can afford the other.
I don't know what your other points were, I just picked a couple highlights.

And yes you were stung since the first post and it was funny to see you bent out of shape because of it. But I still stand by all my posts in that thread. And we can peacefully debate each one at a time if you would like but of course I will be correct. It's ok. We can still coexist. With different views and obviously different senses of humor.

Any time you're ready buddy.
Old 1/21/15, 03:14 AM

C'mon one gripe at a time.
1: I don't believe I ever said a GT gets better fuel mileage. You should read the post again and reinterpret.
2: $32k or $37k. Is there really a difference. 30's is 30's. If you can afford one, you can afford the other.
I don't know what your other points were, I just picked a couple highlights.

And yes you were stung since the first post and it was funny to see you bent out of shape because of it. But I still stand by all my posts in that thread. And we can peacefully debate each one at a time if you would like but of course I will be correct. It's ok. We can still coexist. With different views and obviously different senses of humor.

Any time you're ready buddy.
Fuel economy, horsepower, great sound, upgrade potential.
Yeah it's settling.
2. Money: It's actually pretty consistently OTD ~7K difference. Base vs. Base the GT is ~27% more. Premium vs. Premium it's ~24% more. In any financial discussion that's significant.

My point being for a fraction of that I could track an EB that would consistently beat a stock GT and even most "mildly" modified GTs for a fraction of the cost they paid. Plus, have fun doing it on a new platform. For 7K I could tune it, throw a bigger turbo on it, upgrade the IC, do a meth kit, etc. And still have dollars to spare.

With nothing but a tune and tires (and not the crazy tune in the video) there are several EBs getting consistent 12.9s or lower. Some other fairly inexpensive changes and it's even less that. Dollar for dollar, it's hard to beat. Now, if I were building a weekly competition vehicle would I start with a GT? 90+% chance, yes. But, I'm not.

So, could a well modded EB beat a GT? Absolutely. Throw a turbo or SC on the GT and the EB is outta luck, likely no matter what you did to the EB. But that's serious money. And even then, there will be someone faster than you that started with a GT350 or shelby at some point. (Or the comparable S197 )

You never did refute any of the six items, or every directly debate anything posted. I considered it progress to get to 5K as a price difference (still a 20% difference base vs. base)

I have no issues with you disliking an EB. In fact I've posted *many* times previously I much prefer the sound of a V8. My next Mustang will likely be a V8 (again) after I play with the Turbo. I do have issues with insulting (even indirectly) or not respecting other people's choices. Regardless of the subject.

Plus, admittedly, based on your posts in other threads, you have an ax to grind with the EBs because of Ford forcing them on the public at large that may have tainted the view.

Lastly, in addition to our senses of humor, I'm fairly certain our definition of settling (and the accepted connotation of that word) are not the same. (read mine==correct, yours not so much)

I should just unlock the thread and we move back in there. lol
Old 1/21/15, 04:02 AM

And here we go. Lol

First off fuel economy, hp, sound, upgrades. All factors to why you settled on the EB.
You wanted FE so you settled with the EB.
300hp is enough for you. (Settled)
You decided that sound isn't that important. (Settled)
Upgraded EB is good enough. (Settled)

$32k I'm guessing is the price of an EB stang. $37 seems like the right price of a GT. Both overpriced IMO but I don't see a deciding factor from $32k until you hit $40k. Extra $50 or so on your note?
Now as far as spending the extra money you saved on upgrades, what's the point? You've spent a lot of money just to keep up with a stock GT while putting even more stress on your engine which is pretty close to its full potential already. It's breaking point has not even been established yet. Oh yeah, warranty is now void too.

Now the hook. There are great reasons to buy an EB. Fuel economy first. Insurance costs. $5-7k cheaper. All great reasons I guess.

You said yourself that if you bought it to be a competitive weekend racer, you would have bought a GT. So don't try and post race videos of modded or tuned EBs beating GTs. You again SETTLED on the EB because it's not your race car. Although I know many race cars that are daily drivers. The YouTube race vids are just there to sell more performance parts. For suckers. Lol

And lastly yes I think the ecoboost mustang is a joke and a sales tactic for Ford to turn bigger profits per unit.
Old 1/21/15, 04:21 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 1/21/15, 04:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yawn....
Old 1/21/15, 04:30 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

..... Boys .....
Attached Images  
Old 1/21/15, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by shurtual86
Yawn....
I know it's getting old. I just like proving that I'm right. I'm really good at it and spend a lot of my time doing it. Even when I'm wrong, I can usually sway people to believe it.
Old 1/21/15, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
..... Boys .....
You are not allowed to post anything about panties. Now I'm completely thinking evil thoughts that involve you and panties. If Charlie or Lee say something about panties, this doesn't happen.
Old 1/21/15, 05:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I know it's getting old. I just like proving that I'm right. I'm really good at it and spend a lot of my time doing it. Even when I'm wrong, I can usually sway people to believe it.
Stubborn as always I see
Well I have a busy day at work today so carry on, unless I get fired, lord olive hope I get fired.
Old 1/21/15, 05:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Well at least this thread finally has actual Mustang discussion

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast