Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/15, 11:15 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I have had very good luck with my kids friends. For the most part. Many are very well mannered and respectful and it's surprising to me considering all the douche bags you see and hear about.

No offense, but you've dealt with girls, and they are different. There were a few girls at the birthday party (the boy has several best friends that are girls, not girlfriends) and they were great, but I felt bad for them because a lot of the boys were hitting on them and the boy was pissed because of that. Not because he wanted them to be his girlfriend, but because they were his friends and boys were making them uncomfortable by flirting with them. I hate to say it, but I think he like girls as friends more than he does boys as friends, and that is a bad sign.
Old 1/2/15, 11:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Does anyone know what are the best Mopar or SRT forums are? I'm trying to find out some good info on what the biggest/widest wheel and tire combos you can stuff under a new Charger Hellcat.

For purely scientific reasons of course.
Old 1/2/15, 11:38 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Any of you older guys ever been in a strip club back in the day and NOT heard Pour Some Sugar on Me at least 4 times in a night?

I heard it yesterday in the 500 and it brought back some memories. I actually saw them in concert in 1987 on that Hysteria album tour and to be honest they put on a pretty damned good show.

Then all the strip clubs went wild with that song for years.

I actually never enjoyed strip clubs, I just went because my friends went, and I did a lot of "business" in places like that for quite a few years. I actually never really enjoyed being there. I just drank heavily and got ****ed up on other **** while my entourage had fun. It actually made me feel dirty and sad, and ashamed. Felt like I was exploiting people, didn't even really care to watch the girls, just wasn't my thing, I actually felt bad for them, especially knowing my product was the main reason they were up there. And that they were all just working their way through dental technician school.
Old 1/3/15, 12:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You (and Gary, he has had girls til now) think things are rough wait until they hit puberty and they have a good report with you. Its a bit shocking when you've always told them that can talk to you about anything and they need to tell you anything. Then one day they walk out of the shower, drop their towel and point out that they have pubic hair and then brag about having hair under their arms. And your *** is sitting there feeling embarrassed and they have no shame at all about showing this stuff off and you are trying to act normal. Its not easy, especially when you are a bit older and you couldn't imagine talking to your own dad about stuff like that. It freaks you out quite a lot, but you can't freak out because you still want them to be open with you about things that are going on with them. Stuff I would have never talked to my dad about, or anyone else for that matter. Kids are ****ing different these days, especially boys. I was ashamed to be seen even in my underwear when I was that age, even by my parents. Now they will walk around naked and have a conversation with you about their bodies. Kids are different these days and I don't know how to deal with it now that I'm older because I grew up in a different generation.
I know. I just went to one of my godson's bday parties last night, 10th actually. Can't believe it. They're nuts! And my other godson asked for a limo ride for his birthday! That's in a couple weeks...should be fun though.
Old 1/3/15, 12:46 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by laserred38
I know. I just went to one of my godson's bday parties last night, 10th actually. Can't believe it. They're nuts! And my other godson asked for a limo ride for his birthday! That's in a couple weeks...should be fun though.
This current crop of kids are really different than I was at their age. Mine has absolutely NO shame at all, and we just thought it was because he was a bit of a weird nerdy brainiac, but his cousin is the same way in middle school. But he is a bit of a nerd brainiac too so that may have something to do with it. When I was a boy that age, I was extremely self conscious, even around my parents. I was scared to death even having to dress out in gym class for the first time. Not these kids. Mine will walk around buck naked and carry on a conversation with you right out of the shower like its nothing, you have to tell him to go put something on, make you feel uncomfortable (at least it does me, I didn't grow up like that). Even his 6th grade cousin did the same think when I was on vacation a few months ago. I went over one night and his fever spiked to almost 105 so we had to put him in a tub of cool water to try and cool him down.

He just stripped down naked right in front of me and his dad and let us bathe him in cool water in the tub like it was nothing. Even after he got out he just stood there and let me dry him off with a towel so he could get dressed and had no shame at all. I would have been mortified to have been in that situation in 6th grade, even in front of my dad and uncle, probably more so.

Maybe kids are just different now than we were back then. Not that I care, I wan't the boys to be open with us and talk to us (maybe it will keep them from getting someone pregnant, lol,) but it just makes me feel uncomfortable that they are so open.
Old 1/3/15, 01:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I was how you are...my cousins are how you describe. I wonder if you're on to something. Maybe it has to do with the whole technology boom, facebook, snapchat, instagram etc. No more privacy anymore. We didn't grow up with that. Private parts were private. I remember being a senior in high school and a super crappy/grainy topless pic of one of the girls in my class leaked from MySpace...it was a HUGE deal. Nowadays that stuff is just the norm...
Old 1/3/15, 01:06 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
They are not all that different. I got a renewed sense of confidence New Year's Eve that some of them are just like we were. Which is scary a little but comforting. We had a gathering at my friends house and had 4 early teen boys hanging out with us. My son and a few of his buddies. They were experimenting with fireworks and gun powder all night and it was completely hilarious watching these little morons be kids. One of the younger kids who was also there held on to a firecracker too long and learned a valuable life lesson. No none of them were being very safe and maybe being a parent, I should have regulated some of these activities, but I preferred to just watch them being kids. No cell phones. No video games. Nothing but laughter and explosions. Except for the one little guy crying because his fingers hurt. Lol.
It was a great way to ring in the new year. Always need to keep a close eye on these little animals but they're gonna be alright.
Old 1/3/15, 01:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I was how you are...my cousins are how you describe. I wonder if you're on to something. Maybe it has to do with the whole technology boom, facebook, snapchat, instagram etc. No more privacy anymore. We didn't grow up with that. Private parts were private. I remember being a senior in high school and a super crappy/grainy topless pic of one of the girls in my class leaked from MySpace...it was a HUGE deal. Nowadays that stuff is just the norm...

You may be right, that may have something to do with it for some kids, but mine and his cousin are not allowed anywhere near facebook, or that damned snapchat for sure, but they are the same way. They have absolutely NO shame at all, and have been like that since they were little. You would think they would pick some shame from us but they haven't. I just think with these two its because they are weird little nerds and don't understand shame like most kids do, lol. I know mine doesn't, hes been like that since he was little. Has no shame whatsoever about his body and feels no shame for someone seeing him unclothed, he thinks its just a natural think. Hell, we had to try and put restrictions on him from sleeping naked with us. Still do. I was embarrassed as hell for anyone, even my parents to see me naked as a kid, especially when I hit puberty. Not this one, hes proud of it, wants to point things out to you so you know and see it. I don't want to know that ****, lol. I mean I know it, but I don't want to see it.
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
They are not all that different. I got a renewed sense of confidence New Year's Eve that some of them are just like we were. Which is scary a little but comforting. We had a gathering at my friends house and had 4 early teen boys hanging out with us. My son and a few of his buddies. They were experimenting with fireworks and gun powder all night and it was completely hilarious watching these little morons be kids. One of the younger kids who was also there held on to a firecracker too long and learned a valuable life lesson. No none of them were being very safe and maybe being a parent, I should have regulated some of these activities, but I preferred to just watch them being kids. No cell phones. No video games. Nothing but laughter and explosions. Except for the one little guy crying because his fingers hurt. Lol.
It was a great way to ring in the new year. Always need to keep a close eye on these little animals but they're gonna be alright.
That's not all that different, mine like to push the boundaries too. That's not uncommon, likes to do dangerous **** to see how far he can go. But like I was saying above, he want to show you hes a "man" and doesn't care about how "manly" his friends or you think he is. I don't think your oldest boy is like that, hes not coming to you to show off his "manliness" and parading it around. At least I don't think he is, he might be, because these ****ing kids are really different than they were when we were kids. Like I said above, I was a nervous wreck when I got to middle school and had to change clothes in front of everyone for gym, I tried to do it as fast as possible in my underwear from jeans to shorts without anyone seeing me, hell, this one of mine would walk around and carry on a conversation with you wearing nothing. I can't imagine that.
Old 1/3/15, 02:03 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

As I stepped out of that Cadillac I said "Mister, many thanks" He said "you don't have to call me Mister, mister, the whole world called me Hank"

Love a good story telling country song, they just don't make 'em like that much anymore.

Yes son, TBP do still make some good story telling country songs, before you ***** me out.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/3/15 at 02:07 AM.
Old 1/3/15, 02:40 AM

My kids definitely don't walk out butt naked around anyone. Not really even us. The wife even gives my oldest hell because he walks around the house shirtless all the time. I work with a few weirdos that will try and hold a conversation in the change house butt nekid though. Guess it's just personal type of mentality that some people just are not concerned with it. I don't think your kids are strange, just different from you a little. I wouldn't put much thought or worry into it.
Old 1/3/15, 03:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never walked around the house shirtless, but that could be because I grew up having 3 sisters.
Old 1/3/15, 03:21 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

My kids definitely don't walk out butt naked around anyone. Not really even us. The wife even gives my oldest hell because he walks around the house shirtless all the time. I work with a few weirdos that will try and hold a conversation in the change house butt nekid though. Guess it's just personal type of mentality that some people just are not concerned with it. I don't think your kids are strange, just different from you a little. I wouldn't put much thought or worry into it.
Its just weird because when I grew up you just didn't expose yourself like that, even at home. But some kids did when I got to middle school and we had to change in front of each other for gym and it was weird for me. But kids now are different. Mine have always been a lot more open, especially the little guy. I can understand it a bit with the older one because it was just me and him in the house when he grew up, a couple of guys, but the little one has gone over the top even with a woman in the house. He doesn't give a **** about being unclothed in front of us. The o'l lady will bring home pants, underwear, etc. and give them to him to try on and he will strip down right in front of us and try them on, even though she meant for him to go to his room and try them on. Hell, he used to come get in the bed and sleep with us naked and we'd have to put him out.

Its not as weird as those ****ers you talk about at work, but for me growing up in a different generation its strange because that was not normal for me. I understand it, some of my younger friends that I talk to that have kids act like its not unusual at all but it was hard for me to get used to.

As far as your oldest boy strutting around with no shirt, I can understand that. I went through that with mine when he was that age. It was all about being built and having hair under his arms. Yes, stay with me, boys that age are proud of that **** because they think they are a man now (I'm serious, I went through that with mine when he was young). That is like a badge of honor, a sign of manhood to them (I found out after talking to him when he got older). Mine was on the wrestling team when he was your boy's age, he was built pretty good and he would take every opportunity to walk around with his shirt off, and he also used to cut the sleeves out of his shirts way down the sides so when he lifted his arms you could see that he had hair under his arms. . He loved to show that off for some reason (I guess he thought it made him look like a man, even though he was still a little boy in my eyes).

Does you're boy have hair under his arms? Is he trying to wear shirts with no sleeves as much as possible? If so, its probably the same thing mine did when he was that age, wants to show everyone that hes a "man".
Old 1/3/15, 03:40 AM

My boy is just a skinny turd. He's toned pretty good just because he's constantly skateboarding. He trains in the back of the house every chance he gets. And I mean trains. This dude works his butt off skating trying to get better and better. I used to skate for fun. This kid is treating it as a serious sport. It's impressive to watch.
Old 1/3/15, 03:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

My boy is just a skinny turd. He's toned pretty good just because he's constantly skateboarding. He trains in the back of the house every chance he gets. And I mean trains. This dude works his butt off skating trying to get better and better. I used to skate for fun. This kid is treating it as a serious sport. It's impressive to watch.
Well you need to tell you're ol' lady to back off and let him strut around with his shirt off. Especially if he has finally gotten hair under his arms (you didn't say if he does yet). He's just trying to show off that he he is a man (I know, he isn't really a man yet, but if hes getting fit and is "maturing" with features like a man, she needs to back off. He thinks that is important right now, mine thought he was super stud back then when he finally got some hair under his arms and was on the wrestling team. Give the boy some slack and some room, hes coming into his own as a young man. I know its hard, but I had to do it too. It was hard for me to let go of him being a little boy. But she's got to do it, if she doesn't do it now, its only going to be much harder when he gets to high school and has serious relationships with girls.
Old 1/3/15, 04:37 AM

He's a great kid. We raised him to be a good young man. Easy going and not a jerk even when he really wants to be. He's a cool kid too that others look up to so he doesn't get picked on either. Slowly learning that dad is no fool so there's not much point in trying to sneak or hide things from us. So far I think we've done a pretty good job. How I act around my kids is nothing like I am every where else. I've seen too many kids act like their parents who don't know how to behave at home either. I'm a good person at home. Lol
Old 1/3/15, 06:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
"Who you callin a goat??!"

2006 or was that when your camera date was screwed up?
Old 1/3/15, 07:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Lee...I'm starting to think you're just jealous that your boys have a bigger ***** than you
Old 1/3/15, 11:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

He's a great kid. We raised him to be a good young man. Easy going and not a jerk even when he really wants to be. He's a cool kid too that others look up to so he doesn't get picked on either. Slowly learning that dad is no fool so there's not much point in trying to sneak or hide things from us. So far I think we've done a pretty good job. How I act around my kids is nothing like I am every where else. I've seen too many kids act like their parents who don't know how to behave at home either. I'm a good person at home. Lol
Its the same around here and I'm the same way. I'm a totally different person at home. I don't drink, smoke, or curse (usually, lol) at all in front of him. At least hes one of those kids that will talk to us about anything and ask us anything so that makes it a bit easier.

Lee...I'm starting to think you're just jealous that your boys have a bigger ***** than you
Well its too soon to tell yet with the youngest, but I really hope they do. Wouldn't put this curse on anyone.

Seriously though, I exaggerate a bit about that for comedic effect, but who doesn't think it should be bigger?
Old 1/3/15, 11:59 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm the same at home as here but dialed back to 50%

At work I'm nothing like here. It's all business and manners.
Old 1/3/15, 12:07 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Me too, but after I just had a birthday party for one I wonder why in the hell anybody has kids at all? They are the most aggravating, smart ****, condescending bastards on the planet, especially when they hit middle school. Just had a group of them in the house the other day and I wanted to choke the **** out of most all of them. Never in my life have I seen a group of "people" (and I use that term loosely to refer to these 12 year olds) that were so goddamned smug, and smart arsed, think they know everything.
With a bunch of them at my churches winter youth group retreat. But so far so good!!! :-)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast