Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/14, 09:04 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Test drove this EB manual today with my daughters. They were not impressed with the power we drove the Boss home! It was a very impressive car still. Drove very nice and very solid. Just closing the doors was impressive!

Attachment 165206
**** that's a good looking car!
Old 10/24/14, 11:13 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
All of my fingers are numb from the second knuckle forward. Maybe I should try the "stranger" before the feeling comes back, if it does, and if I live that long.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 10/24/14 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10/24/14, 11:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm really cold all over, even with the heat cranked up in the office. I'm going to drive the **** out of the 500 tomorrow, if I wake up. I hate feeling like this, its really weird being this cold and clammy. Really kind of strange, I hate being like this, I've been waking up in ice cold sweats for the last few days, that is not normal
Old 10/25/14, 12:30 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

****ing horrible that a 14 yr old boy that was a star athlete, and homecoming king for his 9th grade class was so disturbed that he shot a bunch of people. It looks like he shot a girl that he had been with since 7th grade and her new boy friend (one of his friends) and then shot himself.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/crime...le-5845452.php

Really disturbs me, I hate to hear things like that. How could a young man be that involved? I blame the internet, facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc. That **** happened all the time when I was that age, and nobody ever came in with a gun and killed everyone.

I'm sorry, but this **** is directly related to internet crap, getting a few minutes of fame.

I'm sick of this ****. Why can't we reel our kids in so that they aren't getting crucified on the internet, and they think that the internet is the greatest thing ever.

Keep them off the social media **** and it will prevent a lot of this stuff. Why in the hell are we letting our kids worry about what some invisible person is posting on the internet? TURN THAT **** OFF!!! Get it out of your house and talk to your kids.
Old 10/25/14, 01:01 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by cdynaco
They say the weight gain is not metabolic. Its the years of hand to mouth conditioning - but now instead of a cigarette, its food. Nibble here nibble there. Focus on conquering that habit while keeping the carbs low and you shouldn't gain any weight.

As far as chantix goes, Gary proved it doesn't work. Only an artificial colon sewn to your side for 6 months breaks the smoking habit. So there's that option.
Been doing some reading and actually it is metabolic. When you smoke a cigarette it raises your heart rate and metabolism, and smoking a cigarette also suppresses your appetite. I can agree with the last one for sure, the more I smoke, the less I want to eat anything. Now it makes sense of why people gain wait when they quit smoking. Not only does their metabolism go down when they don't smoke, their appetite goes up when they don't smoke.

Not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I still would like to quit, but from what I've read, your metabolism is going down and your appetite is going up, which means I'm going to get really fat.

Which is worse for your health? Being morbidly obese, or being a normal weight and smoking a few cigs a day? I think there is a big debate about that.
Old 10/25/14, 03:03 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Maybe it'll still grow on me, but I'm still not a big fan.
The rear wheel wells bother me. Not sure why. Maybe because the rest of the car has many sharp lines, but then you have that phat looking wheel well with no lines.

Plus it makes it look like the rear wheels are a smaller diameter than the fronts.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/25/14 at 04:13 AM.
Old 10/25/14, 03:07 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
****ing horrible that a 14 yr old boy that was a star athlete, and homecoming king for his 9th grade class was so disturbed that he shot a bunch of people. It looks like he shot a girl that he had been with since 7th grade and her new boy friend (one of his friends) and then shot himself.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/crime...le-5845452.php

Really disturbs me, I hate to hear things like that. How could a young man be that involved? I blame the internet, facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc. That **** happened all the time when I was that age, and nobody ever came in with a gun and killed everyone.

I'm sorry, but this **** is directly related to internet crap, getting a few minutes of fame.

I'm sick of this ****. Why can't we reel our kids in so that they aren't getting crucified on the internet, and they think that the internet is the greatest thing ever.

Keep them off the social media **** and it will prevent a lot of this stuff. Why in the hell are we letting our kids worry about what some invisible person is posting on the internet? TURN THAT **** OFF!!! Get it out of your house and talk to your kids.
Even before the internet, schools are such a bad influence from kids that are exposed to stuff while you are doing your best to keep your kid away from. But then they get to school and all your hard work gets corrupted.

Now the internet - plus the sensational news reporters - has just thrown gasoline on the fire.
Old 10/25/14, 03:23 AM
Post *****

I'm really cold all over, even with the heat cranked up in the office. I'm going to drive the **** out of the 500 tomorrow, if I wake up. I hate feeling like this, its really weird being this cold and clammy. Really kind of strange, I hate being like this, I've been waking up in ice cold sweats for the last few days, that is not normal
DT's?

Been doing some reading and actually it is metabolic. When you smoke a cigarette it raises your heart rate and metabolism, and smoking a cigarette also suppresses your appetite. I can agree with the last one for sure, the more I smoke, the less I want to eat anything. Now it makes sense of why people gain wait when they quit smoking. Not only does their metabolism go down when they don't smoke, their appetite goes up when they don't smoke.

Not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I still would like to quit, but from what I've read, your metabolism is going down and your appetite is going up, which means I'm going to get really fat.

Which is worse for your health? Being morbidly obese, or being a normal weight and smoking a few cigs a day? I think there is a big debate about that.
Your body has adapted to drugs of alcohol and nicotine. So no doubt there's going to be a shock to your system when it doesn't get those drugs.
But after an adjustment phase you can adapt the other way. The hand to mouth response is also a proven factor when quitting. That's why many chew gum (even before nicotine gum) or keep a toothpick in their mouth for awhile.
So you might gain a few pounds at first and have to do other things to counter that. But millions of people have quit, got through the adjustment phase, and moved on to improving health - and millions have done so without becoming obese.
You can do it with some attitude and some work!
Old 10/25/14, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The rear wheel wells bother me. Not sure why. Maybe because the rest of the car has many sharp lines, but then you have that phat looking wheel well with no lines. Plus it makes it look like the rear wheels are a smaller diameter than the fronts.
That's because the Ford designers can't help their habit of putting wheels and tires on the car that are too narrow, with too high of an offset. But some 10" wide rears and 295-305s on the back, and it'll look a lot beefier!
Old 10/25/14, 06:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Even before the internet, schools are such a bad influence from kids that are exposed to stuff while you are doing your best to keep your kid away from. But then they get to school and all your hard work gets corrupted. Now the internet - plus the sensational news reporters - has just thrown gasoline on the fire.
This. And this is why I don't want to send Liam to school. Janny thinks it's an extension of my dad's overprotectiveness over me as I grew up, but I disagree; I know how full of schools are. I want to raise my child. I don't want a school to raise him. How many thousands of young adults with college degrees can't get a job. "Get an education" is meaningless. Look at how many retard adults (that went to school) there are...

Old 10/25/14, 07:27 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Been doing some reading and actually it is metabolic. When you smoke a cigarette it raises your heart rate and metabolism, and smoking a cigarette also suppresses your appetite. I can agree with the last one for sure, the more I smoke, the less I want to eat anything. Now it makes sense of why people gain wait when they quit smoking. Not only does their metabolism go down when they don't smoke, their appetite goes up when they don't smoke. Not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I still would like to quit, but from what I've read, your metabolism is going down and your appetite is going up, which means I'm going to get really fat. Which is worse for your health? Being morbidly obese, or being a normal weight and smoking a few cigs a day? I think there is a big debate about that.

I had to quit smoking so my respiratory system would get healthy so I could breath when I tried to exercise.

Sure I gained a few pounds (both times I quit) but you lungs feel better and better as the months pass. And you can breath again and do things like running or jogging and walking and you just feel better. So yeah I feel better being fatter for a little while than I ever would have felt still smoking. I've got to beat them both, weight and cigs. I've beat the cigs for good this time. It's been 153 days since I had even so much as a puff of a cigarette. And no smokers cough. Ever. I never cough anymore.

A word of warning. Not sure if you've ever quit but I've done it three times and your body will expel the **** that's in your lungs gradually over time. The crap that's in your lungs from smoking will come out in a green nasty mucus a lot like a really bad respiratory infection. It takes a few weeks before it starts but I'm guessing as you lungs get healthy again they recover and literally expel the crap. And eventually it's gone and you feel soooooo much better.

I'm thankful that on all my ct scans my lungs were "uneventful" and "clear".

I've smoked. I've done my thing. My lungs are clear as of now which is a huge relief. I've quit and I'm gonna keep my lungs happy from now on because my little kids need me around for now.
Old 10/25/14, 07:31 AM
Post *****

Today is the first day I can drive the GT500 any kind of distance at all. My insurance renewed today for the year. So I've got 3000 miles to spend again. I hadn't driven it more than 20 total miles since the trip to Charlotte back in April.
Old 10/25/14, 08:24 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Today is the first day I can drive the GT500 any kind of distance at all. My insurance renewed today for the year. So I've got 3000 miles to spend again. I hadn't driven it more than 20 total miles since the trip to Charlotte back in April.
Why do you have a limit ?
Old 10/25/14, 08:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers

Cheaper?
Old 10/25/14, 09:00 AM
Post *****

What he said

Cheaper. I pay about 1/3 of what I used to pay for insurance on the 5 mustangs this way. But they are for 'pleasure' use only now.
Old 10/25/14, 09:38 AM
Post *****

Oh crap. Forgot about that. Wonder if they make an exception for medical miles? They didn't ask for mileage this summer like the previous two summers.
Old 10/25/14, 09:41 AM
Post *****

Dang wind. Didn't go to bed until 4.30, been tossing and turning for the last couple of hours from all the wind so might as well get up.
Drink coffee, have a bloody mary , try and sleep some more.

SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS AND SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES-
210 AM PDT SAT OCT 25 2014

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
AFTERNOON...

* WINDS...SOUTH 45 TO 55 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 80 MPH.

* TIMING...NOW INTO THIS EVENING. WINDS WILL BE STRONGEST THIS MORNING.

* IMPACTS...THESE WINDS CAN CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES...
ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES.
IN ADDITION...SINCE IT IS STILL HUNTING SEASON...HUNTERS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT WINDS WILL BE EVEN STRONGER IN THE SURROUNDING MOUNTAINS. THIS COULD BRING DOWN BRANCHES AND CAUSE TREES TO FALL.

Duh!

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/25/14 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10/25/14, 09:43 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

What he said Cheaper. I pay about 1/3 of what I used to pay for insurance on the 5 mustangs this way. But they are for 'pleasure' use only now.
Unmmmm that sucks you have to watch your miles tho
Old 10/25/14, 09:46 AM
Post *****

Unmmmm that sucks you have to watch your miles tho
It's ok

The 50th was a rare and special trip. Besides I just drove Seven more the past few months.
Old 10/25/14, 09:49 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
[COLOR=darkgreen]Dang wind. :
not the hate thread but i hate wind as well

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast