Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/14, 12:34 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Life is short. If you don't take your chances now, you'll spend the rest of your life wondering what would have happened. May not turn out well but then again it might be great. I've never been in your situation, but I would just follow your gut. Do what YOU think is right for you.
Old 6/29/14, 12:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Life is short. If you don't take your chances now, you'll spend the rest of your life wondering what would have happened. May not turn out well but then again it might be great. I've never been in your situation, but I would just follow your gut. Do what YOU think is right for you.
Exactly.
Old 6/29/14, 12:53 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Thank you both

I have to sit down and think about what to say...and language barrier sucks so need someone that speaks/writes Arabic ..
Old 6/29/14, 01:31 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
After 20 years of wondering I have finally been given the ability to contact my biological father and see a picture of him...do I do this or do I sit in wonder?
Curious... does this truly bother you with him not in your life, or are you just wondering. (Seems like tv and magazines kind of make this a big deal the last several years.) Has he recently (or ever) reached out to you? Be aware, if he has not expressed interest, you may be intruding and may not be received well.

I can't relate personally because I was blessed to be in a Beaver Cleaver type family. However, my (ex) wife's mom took off when she was 6 and was never involved. I supported her whatever she wanted to do, but she never expressed any interest to establish a relationship and the mom never tried either. My wife's grandmother became the maternal influence in her life and she seemed well adjusted. (Right up until she deserted after 17 yrs right before 3 kids (foals) were due to be born - something she was very in to. So apparently she inherited the quit/desert gene from her mom...)

However, her brother's wife (with her fancy psychology degree) kept making a big deal out of it. Said it would affect his relationship with their kids. Which proved to be a crock of crap. He was a great father for the many years I was around.

So they went through with the arranged meeting at a restaurant. It was pleasant but nothing ever came of it. The mom seemed interested in the grandkids at the dinner, raved about my brother in law but gave hardly any attention to my wife, and she never made any real attempt after that. Maybe she carried guilt, maybe she was just a cold hearted woman. I felt bad for my wife because it opened up that can of worms for nothing.

So my thoughts are, if you are stable and happy being an adult woman on your own now, and if he has not made any effort, you could be setting yourself up for needless turmoil and heartbreak. To me, once I'm rejected, I never go back for seconds!

You (we) have no power over the past. None of that period of life can be changed. Relish the good memories, flush the bad memories. All one can do is learn from it, make the best of today, and plan/act for happiness and positives tomorrow.

On the other hand, if he has made some kind of effort, and/or if you think not knowing him is impeding you somehow, then carefully consider it. Weigh both the pro's and the con's. If he is making amends, then forgiveness can be a good thing.

And I don't know if you are the praying type, but if you have a relationship with God, ask for higher guidance.

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/30/14 at 11:26 AM.
Old 6/29/14, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you prepared for him to turn out to be much, much less of a man than what you are hoping for him to be? Would it be worthwhile to have an investigator do some background checking on him to get a feel for the kind of man he is?

Best wishes and good luck in working this out and for satisfaction in whichever path you choose to take.
Old 6/29/14, 10:29 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I hate when a tv series gets you sucked in and you get sympathetic to the characters and like them, then they cheat on their ol' lady and want you to continue to like like that character. I don't respect or like anyone that cheats on their ol' lady. Period. I view you as a piece of ****, regardless of the situation. If you want to screw around, then you tell your ol' lady to hit the bricks, you're done with her. You don't bang another woman on the side and still have your ol' lady on deck like nothing ever happened and leave her in the dark. Same goes for a woman, if you want to get banged by another man, you tell your old man that its over and cut all ties. You dont do that **** while you're with someone and do it behind their back. In my world, that's a good way to get your ****ing head blown off. Maybe I'm an idiot, maybe I'm old fashioned about stuff like that and things are different in today's world, but that is just how I feel about those situations.
Unfortunately it happens and continues to happen in real life! Now one of my co-workers wife is cheating on him so he's kicking her out!
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Curious... does this truly bother you with him not in your life, or are you just wondering. (Seems like tv and magazines kind of make this a big deal the last several years.) Has he recently (or ever) reached out to you? Be aware, if he has not expressed interest, you may be intruding and may not be received well. I can't relate personally because I was blessed to be in a Beaver Cleaver type family. However, my (ex) wife's mom took off when she was 6 and was never involved. I supported her whatever she wanted to do, but she never expressed any interest to establish a relationship and the mom never tried either. My wife's grandmother became the maternal influence in her life and she seemed well adjusted. (Right up until she deserted after 17 yrs right before 3 kids (foals) were due to be born - something she was very in to. So apparently she inherited the quit/desert gene from her mom...) However, her brother's wife (with her fancy psychology degree) kept making a big deal out of it. Said it would affect his relationship with their kids. Which proved to be a crock of crap. He was a great father for the many years I was around. So they went through with the arranged meeting at a restaurant. It was pleasant but nothing ever came of it. The mom seemed interested in the grandkids at the dinner, raved about my brother in law but gave hardly any attention to my wife, and she never made any real attempt after that. Maybe she carried guilt, maybe she was just a cold hearted woman. I felt bad for my wife because it opened up that can of worms for nothing. So my thoughts are, if you are stable and happy being an adult woman on your own now, and if he has not made any effort, you could be setting yourself up for needless turmoil and heartbreak. To me, once I'm rejected, I never go back for seconds! You (we) have no power over the past. None if that period of life can be changed. Relish the good memories, flush the bad memories. All one can do is learn from it, make the best of today, and plan/act for happiness and positives tomorrow. On the other hand, if he has made some kind of effort, and/or if you think not knowing him is impeding you somehow, then carefully consider it. Weigh both the pro's and the con's. If he is making amends, then forgiveness can be a good thing. And I don't know if you are the praying type, but if you have a relationship with God, ask for higher guidance.
Tremendous advice!
Old 6/30/14, 04:25 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Curious... does this truly bother you with him not in your life, or are you just wondering. (Seems like tv and magazines kind of make this a big deal the last several years.) Has he recently (or ever) reached out to you? Be aware, if he has not expressed interest, you may be intruding and may not be received well.

I can't relate personally because I was blessed to be in a Beaver Cleaver type family. However, my (ex) wife's mom took off when she was 6 and was never involved. I supported her whatever she wanted to do, but she never expressed any interest to establish a relationship and the mom never tried either. My wife's grandmother became the maternal influence in her life and she seemed well adjusted. (Right up until she deserted after 17 yrs right before 3 kids (foals) were due to be born - something she was very in to. So apparently she inherited the quit/desert gene from her mom...)

However, her brother's wife (with her fancy psychology degree) kept making a big deal out of it. Said it would affect his relationship with their kids. Which proved to be a crock of crap. He was a great father for the many years I was around.

So they went through with the arranged meeting at a restaurant. It was pleasant but nothing ever came of it. The mom seemed interested in the grandkids at the dinner, raved about my brother in law but gave hardly any attention to my wife, and she never made any real attempt after that. Maybe she carried guilt, maybe she was just a cold hearted woman. I felt bad for my wife because it opened up that can of worms for nothing.

So my thoughts are, if you are stable and happy being an adult woman on your own now, and if he has not made any effort, you could be setting yourself up for needless turmoil and heartbreak. To me, once I'm rejected, I never go back for seconds!

You (we) have no power over the past. None if that period of life can be changed. Relish the good memories, flush the bad memories. All one can do is learn from it, make the best of today, and plan/act for happiness and positives tomorrow.

On the other hand, if he has made some kind of effort, and/or if you think not knowing him is impeding you somehow, then carefully consider it. Weigh both the pro's and the con's. If he is making amends, then forgiveness can be a good thing.

And I don't know if you are the praying type, but if you have a relationship with God, ask for higher guidance.
I can't say thank you enough Charlie ...

There's been no contact from him besides a few emails that were sent to my mother that I felt were rather insulting to me..other then that I don't know of any other contact..

My biological fathers world is truly something different and lie you said i don't know if it's a good idea overstepping boundaries especially in a tight nit Muslim community I know nothing about..

I will have to sit and think and make a list of pros and cons like you have suggested..

Charlie I may not be religious but I pray and believe and I have been begging for answers all of these years and this finally falls on my lap and I don't know what to do. I am utterly confused and scared.
Old 6/30/14, 06:20 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I think very similarly to Charlie on this topic. While it might bring you se closure, it's not necessary, as you've lived this long without. It's really something that you have to decide on your own.
Old 6/30/14, 07:20 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'd leave it alone DD if it were me.

Of course it's something you alone should decide for yourself. But without going into great detail I'd just keep on doing what you're doing because you're doing just fine without.

I think we discussed this in Charlotte and I'm pretty sure I said the same. The man sounds toxic.

That being said I was raised in a house with a mother and father that were married and have been for 55 years now and it's was very Leave it to Beaver like Charlie's was though mine was the 70's mostly. So I have no real world experience like this.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 6/30/14 at 07:23 AM.
Old 6/30/14, 07:58 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Nothing good could possibly come out of it Diana. No closure. No fatherly figure you may have been missing in your life. These things never turn out positive. Personally I would want to see pictures and maybe know what he is about.(Facebook type stuff). But face to face sounds hazardous. Especially after knowing quite a few Muslim men, let's just say don't.
Do some research and find out who he is and what he is about so you're not wondering forever but leave it at that. Just my opinion.
Old 6/30/14, 08:16 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Thank you everyone for your input...you've all been like family to me for the past 4 and a half years...

I have an amazing stepdad so I don't know what to truly do..

I know many things about him but want to know more..

I need to know why but worry about the outcome tremendously...

Not to mention I have an awesome relationship with my mother now and wouldnt want anything ruining that or my relationship with my stepdad that has been in my life for the past 15 - 16 years...

God I'm so confused...
Old 6/30/14, 10:57 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Truth.

During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's Chosen People.

2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian world.

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store.
Old 6/30/14, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Truth. During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths: 1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's Chosen People. 2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. 3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian world. 4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store.
Old 6/30/14, 11:23 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 7/1/14, 10:41 AM

Just bought some Borla stingers. Found a deal I couldn't pass up. Gonna do the boss side pipes later down the road. Maybe next year sometime. Found a video last night and I was sold.
Old 7/1/14, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Just bought some Borla stingers. Found a deal I couldn't pass up. Gonna do the boss side pipes later down the road. Maybe next year sometime. Found a video last night and I was sold.
I love the sound, but hope you don't have the issues that Burton did. And I'm meh on their tips. Love their old "turbo style" tips but they don't do those anymore!
Old 7/1/14, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38

I love the sound, but hope you don't have the issues that Burton did. And I'm meh on their tips. Love their old "turbo style" tips but they don't do those anymore!
I love their tips. Much better than the G500 tips. I hope everything is ok. I haven't heard of anyone else with major problems.
Old 7/1/14, 12:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
what issue did he have? I remember him make a big brouhaha about it.

I love their tips. Much better than the G500 tips. I hope everything is ok. I haven't heard of anyone else with major problems.
borlas!.....
Old 7/1/14, 12:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by shurtual86
what issue did he have? I remember him make a big brouhaha about it. borlas!.....
The welds failed after having them on for 2 years, then the 3 replacement sets he got fit like crap. He sent all 4 sets back and Borla refunded him completely.
Old 7/1/14, 02:26 PM

The city of New Orleans is catching hell all of the sudden. It's usually rough anyways but mainly in concentrated areas. Friggen retards firing into crowds on bourbon st. and road ragers firing on the highways. I was just there where these guys were shooting a couple weeks ago on Bourbon. It's about to get crazy out here as if it wasn't already. People and the city are pissed. The bad thing is most of the perps have years of offenses on them already and walk free. Sad.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast