Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/14, 09:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Well there's an idea.
Kind of like this?

Old 4/5/14, 09:38 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
Kind of like this?

I thought Diana drove a focus...and didn't have any kids.
Old 4/5/14, 10:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
sup dd. I'm super tired. Did the shocks, worked a community event since I was on call, cut my grass and now I'm laying in floor getting my back to not hurt :/
I wish I could do that and have it help.

Originally Posted by Scothew
i just had my 8yr old. He wasn't heavy enough :/

You're obviously not feeding that boy enough BBQ and Southern food. You're starving him, I'm calling CPS on your ****.

Well I've been thinking about replacing one of the Exploders with a new one since they're getting up there in miles (200K on the Limited and 260K on the XLT) but that's probably not going to happen. I looked at a new one that would be the equivalent of the Limited yesterday. 52 thousand ****ing dollars. Oh, hell no. That ain't happening. I'm not giving $50K+ for a damned Explorer that I'll drive off road. Sorry Ford, you've priced yourselves out of what I'll give for your vehicles. Its not that I can't afford it, its just that my conscience and my cheap **** upbringing wont let me do it. Look, I love Explorers, I've been driving them for 20 years and have put close to 1 million miles combined on the ones I've owned through the years, but you have finally pushed guys like me into the market for something else (I hope you're happy because I'm a die hard Ford man).

I'll be looking used (and other brands), and from the looks of things, WELL used. That is ****ing ridiculous.

You're packages are idiotic. Why in the hell can't I get an XLT with AWD, the Ecoboost 6 cyl, leather interior, power seats and nothing else?
Old 4/5/14, 10:50 PM

I wish the sports came in DIB. My mom's looking at getting one in the coming months. She likes DIB (so do I), but I think she should get the sport.

But no, they're nothing like the older ones.
Old 4/5/14, 11:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I wish the sports came in DIB. My mom's looking at getting one in the coming months. She likes DIB (so do I), but I think she should get the sport.

But no, they're nothing like the older ones.
I just can't do it Nate, my mind wont let me give that much money for something that I'll drive out west and through Death Valley (ever been down the back roads of Death Valley?), the back woods mountain roads of Colorado, Washington, Utah, South Dakota, etc., the National Forest service roads around here that are rough as a corn cob and dirt washboards, etc. I just can't give that kind of money for a vehicle that will get "driven" like that and it still be basically a FWD Taurus on top of all that.

Listen up Ford, I'm looking at a diesel Grand Cherokee. Much better mileage for day to day driving, MUCH better torque (especially when you're out West in 10K foot elevations) and REAR WHEEL DRIVE based.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/5/14 at 11:12 PM.
Old 4/5/14, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I just can't do it Nate, my mind wont let me give that much money for something that I'll drive out west and through Death Valley (ever been down the back roads of Death Valley?), the back woods mountain roads of Colorado, Washington, Utah, South Dakota, etc., the National Forest service roads around here that are rough as a corn cob and dirt washboards, etc. I just can't give that kind of money for a vehicle that will get "driven" like that and it still be basically a FWD Taurus on top of all that.

Listen up Ford, I'm looking at a diesel Grand Cherokee. Much better mileage for day to day driving, MUCH better torque (especially when you're out West in 10K foot elevations) and REAR WHEEL DRIVE based.
That's our road right there.

Sad thing is most people don't take their cars off-road. They just need a kid hauler and no one wants to be seen in a minivan.

What about dropping a coyote into one of yours? I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the money.
Old 4/5/14, 11:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

That's our road right there.

Sad thing is most people don't take their cars off-road. They just need a kid hauler and no one wants to be seen in a minivan.

What about dropping a coyote into one of yours? I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the money.
Its not the engines that I'm concerned about. I put a Jasper engine in the XLT at 220k miles, and I'm not worried about the Limited at all, its a 5.0. I can build a 5.0 myself practically blindfolded. Its the transmissions that I'm worried about. Get out west in the middle of Utah or somewhere thousands of miles from home and it ****s the bed and I'm screwed. Thousands of dollars to get it fixed just to get back home when I could have bought something newer and then have that much more money sunk into it.

I'm just torn right now because I love both of these so much and they fulfill my needs of what each of them are for, and I don't (or can't stand to) want to spend 50K on something that I don't think will ever last like what I've got now.
Old 4/5/14, 11:43 PM

Its not the engines that I'm concerned about. I put a Jasper engine in the XLT at 220k miles, and I'm not worried about the Limited at all, its a 5.0. I can build a 5.0 myself practically blindfolded. Its the transmissions that I'm worried about. Get out west in the middle of Utah or somewhere thousands of miles from home and it ****s the bed and I'm screwed. Thousands of dollars to get it fixed just to get back home when I could have bought something newer and then have that much more money sunk into it.

I'm just torn right now because I love both of these so much and they fulfill my needs of what each of them are for, and I don't (or can't stand to) want to spend 50K on something that I don't think will ever last like what I've got now.
I get what you mean. $50k is crazy for a new car. Can you buy something a little newer, but used and just keep what you have now for your around town stuff?
Old 4/5/14, 11:57 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I get what you mean. $50k is crazy for a new car. Can you buy something a little newer, but used and just keep what you have now for your around town stuff?
I'm keeping the Limited, I love that car. Plus the 5.0 is a bonus and I can do anything I want to it myself. Bore, stroke, heads, cam, S/C etc. If I replace one it will be the XLT, even though I've spent all that money on a new engine. I'd keep it too, just to drive in the woods around here but paying that insurance just to have it for certain trips irritates me. I'll definitely be looking used after what I've seen lately. Maybe even drop down to an Edge if its big enough in back for what I need.
Old 4/6/14, 12:08 AM

I'm keeping the Limited, I love that car. Plus the 5.0 is a bonus and I can do anything I want to it myself. Bore, stroke, heads, cam, S/C etc. If I replace one it will be the XLT, even though I've spent all that money on a new engine. I'd keep it too, just to drive in the woods around here but paying that insurance just to have it for certain trips irritates me. I'll definitely be looking used after what I've seen lately. Maybe even drop down to an Edge if its big enough in back for what I need.
The Edge is not very big at all. Unless you put the rear seat down. But how people get by with them is beyond me.

And a supercharged explorer = I want more power.
Old 4/6/14, 12:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe even drop down to an Edge if its big enough in back for what I need.
It should hold a couple crates of moonshine
Old 4/6/14, 01:41 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
52 thousand ****ing dollars. Oh, hell no. That ain't happening. I'm not giving $50K+ for a damned Explorer that I'll drive off road. Sorry Ford, you've priced yourselves out of what I'll give for your vehicles.

You're packages are idiotic. Why in the hell can't I get an XLT with AWD, the Ecoboost 6 cyl, leather interior, power seats and nothing else?
Old 4/6/14, 04:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
That's our road right there. Sad thing is most people don't take their cars off-road. They just need a kid hauler and no one wants to be seen in a minivan. What about dropping a coyote into one of yours? I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the money.
I know what Lee is saying, and I'm kinda in the same boat, but I've beaten the CRAP out of my Escape and had it places where no stock car-based SUV should have been able to go. I went down a steep trail, balancing on two wheels at one point, and eventually had to go back up that trail, pedal to the medal with the tires spinning to get traction up the hill. Definitely a near death experience, but what a rush! Either way, I know what you mean about being in the middle of nowhere and fearing the transmission or spindly suspension parts breaking. The difference is, I just forged ahead and believed that it WOULD hold up....
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1611188693.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-478964462.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1579916652.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-4268087486.jpg  
Old 4/6/14, 04:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Trust me, that trail in the first two pics is WAY steeper and rougher than it looks. I couldn't capture the depth on my phone.
Old 4/6/14, 06:50 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I wish I could do that and have it help.

You're obviously not feeding that boy enough BBQ and Southern food. You're starving him, I'm calling CPS on your ****.
it didn't help :/ I barely got out if the floor.

Oh trust me he eats. He's 8 and bigger than most 10-11 yr olds in his school. Taller and just solid muscle.

Last edited by Scothew; 4/6/14 at 06:51 AM.
Old 4/6/14, 07:33 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Good morning everyone
Old 4/6/14, 07:35 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
On Wednesday of this week it will have been 2 years since my 16 year old nephew died unexpectedly.

Well last night his dog passed away unexpectedly. The dog was only 4 years old and the vet thinks it was poisoned.

The world sucks
Old 4/6/14, 07:37 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
On Wednesday of this week it will have been 2 years since my 16 year old nephew died unexpectedly.

Well last night his dog passed away unexpectedly. The dog was only 4 years old and the vet thinks it was poisoned.

The world sucks
I'm sorry hun :hug:
Old 4/6/14, 08:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The world sucks
Reason for concern , **** sorry to here this Gary.
I hope somebody looks into it for obvios reasons
😢
Old 4/6/14, 09:19 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

The world sucks
That is truly sad and tragic. The world does suck, and full of degenerates who don't deserve to live.

Condolences

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast