Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/14, 12:57 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I think it was the jetbeam you posted about a while back. My dad never uses the presents we get him though. Even the ones he asks for.
Charge it up for him and hand it to him and tell him to get out of the car at the end of your road one night. Once he sees them in use he may get addicted.
Old 2/8/14, 01:03 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Yeah I don't think I could spend $200 for flashlight. It would have to have a laser at least.
Hey Gary,

You'd love one of these lights. The only one I have now is one of the older ones, the Jetbeam BC40, it was only about $50 (plus the batteries and charger, another $25) and it is great to have around. Even in broad daylight when you can't see **** around the motor of a car, it will light **** up like you wouldn't believe. Its a good light.

If you're interested let me know and I'll post some links to it and the batteries and charger I bought.
Old 2/8/14, 01:12 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I think it was the jetbeam you posted about a while back. My dad never uses the presents we get him though. Even the ones he asks for.
He doesn't know what hes missing with that light

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I know... They'll probably be $50 bucks by the end of the year. lol

First I've heard of HID flashlights...
Hes a young kid from Cali. Family is Chinese immigrants, he is a great kid, loves cars, loves tools, extremely intelligent. I've known him on another forum for about 7 years, since he was about 15. He is a nut about these lights, went to college to study air craft, loves that ****. Knows every minute detail about aircraft and now works on them. Great young man. Hes the one that turned me on to these lights. Love that kid, hes one of the smartest young men I've interacted with.

Charge it up for him and hand it to him and tell him to get out of the car at the end of your road one night. Once he sees them in use he may get addicted.
It is addictive. Once you turn that thing on and shine it around its amazing. I think I mentioned what happened to me down on the Gulf when I cut it loose one night from my balcony.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/8/14 at 01:14 AM.
Old 2/8/14, 01:13 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Hey Gary, You'd love one of these lights. The only one I have now is one of the older ones, the Jetbeam BC40, it was only about $50 (plus the batteries and charger, another $25) and it is great to have around. Even in broad daylight when you can't see **** around the motor of a car, it will light **** up like you wouldn't believe. Its a good light. If you're interested let me know and I'll post some links to it and the batteries and charger I bought.
I tell you what I am interested in

My dad has a birthday coming up and I'd love to get one of these for him. He used to have one of those million candle rechargeable lights years ago that he loved. The big ones with like 3 bulbs in them. So is like to get him something maybe in the $100 range.
Old 2/8/14, 01:37 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

My dad has a birthday coming up and I'd love to get one of these for him. He used to have one of those million candle rechargeable lights years ago that he loved. The big ones with like 3 bulbs in them. So is like to get him something maybe in the $100 range.
Those aren't **** compared to these things. I used to have those "million candlepower" lights. Especially those that plug into a cig lighter in a car. They aren't even in the same league as these CREE LED lights that are out there now. These things are small, compact, easily hand held or stuffed in a pocket, but blindingly bright. Not like those massive hand held halogen lights you're thinking about.

The one I posted above is a BAMF. But you need to get the batteries to go with it, and a charger if its one of them that doesn't have the charger built in.

I know the one I posted above is over $200 plus the batteries (about 7 dollars each, it takes 3).

The one I have now is the Jetbeam bc40, it takes 2 18650 batteries and a charger for them. It is smaller than any Maglite and 10 times brighter.

Here is the light, it was around $50 when I bought mine (its obsolete now with all the super bright ones, but still a good light)

Amazon.com: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: JETBeam XM-L LED 830 Lumen Flashlight, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Here are the batteries and charger I bought. They have been flawless so far.

I ordered 2 of these batteries...

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tener...0pcb-card.html

And this charger for them...

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tener...0-charger.html

And I'll say that battery junction is a great company. I've ordered a lot more stuff from them since and they have been great. Fast shipping, great customer service.

But if you want to be the bad *** that light I posted earlier would put you on a pedestal (the 3300 lumen light, on high). It takes 3 of those batteries above, but it will charge them in the light without an external charger. I'd have an external charger anyway and extra batteries just for emergencies.
Old 2/8/14, 01:41 AM
Post *****

Geez... there's a forum for everything! So since I don't know how to compare candle power to lumens, I questioned duckduckgo.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-power-lumens

My gawd - more than I wanted to know... lol

Old 2/8/14, 01:47 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
where`s steffy ?
Old 2/8/14, 01:47 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Geez... there's a forum for everything! So since I don't know how to compare candle power to lumens, I questioned duckduckgo. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-power-lumens My gawd - more than I wanted to know... lol
Lol

I just read that exact same page 10 minutes ago
Old 2/8/14, 01:48 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Those aren't **** compared to these things. I used to have those "million candlepower" lights. Especially those that plug into a cig lighter in a car. They aren't even in the same league as these CREE LED lights that are out there now. These things are small, compact, easily hand held or stuffed in a pocket, but blindingly bright. Not like those massive hand held halogen lights you're thinking about.
Agree.

I think it also has to do with the wavelength of the light - like HID's (white light) over Halogen (yellowish light). The LED's are a bright white like HID's.

I have to be careful with the horses & the dog because I'm afraid to shine at them if they're looking towards me.
Old 2/8/14, 02:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Geez... there's a forum for everything! So since I don't know how to compare candle power to lumens, I questioned duckduckgo.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-power-lumens

My gawd - more than I wanted to know... lol

Yeah, I read several pages on that forum and gave up. I'm not smart enough to understand what they are talking about. I'd have to get my boy to lead me through it and explain it to me (although I probably still wouldn't understand, but I'd nod and act like I did so he wouldn't think I was an idiot, lol). Goddamned kids, too smart for their own good. Freakin' mathlete boy, too freakin' smart. How the hell did he get that intelligent coming from a dip**** like me? More proof that genetics and evolution is bullcrap, lol.
Old 2/8/14, 04:11 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Morning everyone
Old 2/8/14, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning
Old 2/8/14, 09:31 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Suppppppp :yawn:
Old 2/8/14, 09:52 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
been at work since 8, still not totally awake.
Old 2/8/14, 09:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
been at work since 8, still not totally awake.
Got to work and went straight to the "office." I'm the only one working here on Saturdays and no one comes in, so it's pretty much pointless.
Old 2/8/14, 10:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Got to work and went straight to the "office." I'm the only one working here on Saturdays and no one comes in, so it's pretty much pointless.
That what TMS is for.
Old 2/8/14, 10:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
That what TMS is for.
Lol what do you think I'm doing posting?
Old 2/8/14, 02:09 PM
Post *****

3 second Mustangs!

Pomona Friday:

POMONA – John Force picked up right where he left off in 2013 when he raced to his unprecedented 16th Mello Yello Funny Car championship. On the first day of the 2014 NHRA season at the 54th annual NHRA Circle K Winternationals the winningest driver in NHRA history lowered the track elapsed time record he set in November at the Auto Club Finals twice en route to unofficially setting the national elapsed time record. NHRA national records become official at the conclusion of the race but his 3.966 second pass to close out the second qualifying session has a great chance of standing up for a long time.

In the opening session Force flew down the track in 3.983 seconds at 317.72 mph. Force was thrilled with his performance to start the season.

Right before Force made his second historic run of the day teammate Robert Hight and the Auto Club Ford Mustang made their first run into the three second range posting a 3.996 second run and moving up to the provisional No. 2 spot.
http://www.johnforceracing.com/index.html

On Espn tonight and tomorrow.
Old 2/8/14, 02:10 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Afternoon
Old 2/8/14, 05:25 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Evening peeps!

Update to my Mustang thread, new mod time!

https://themustangsource.com/f693/bi...83876/index16/

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast