Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/12, 11:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
Home is where you make it
You like to see homos naked?
Old 7/20/12, 11:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

You like to see homos naked?
No no no no no. Hoome is where you make it
Old 7/20/12, 11:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Err body know dat boi. GD.

Old 7/20/12, 11:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Anyone have an in-ground pool with a problem with frogs? I'm infested with these little frogs. They only come out at night and the ****ers sit around the patio like its there lair making a **** load of noise.

They have filled the pool with eggs a couple of times and I thought maybe when they quit mating season they would leave. No luck. I've caught probably 50 of them and relocated them down to the spring that feeds the creek in the woods. I hate to kill them because they eat bugs and mosquitoes, but they are getting out of hand now.

We've had a lot of rain the last week or so and they have exploded. There were probably 20 of them sitting around out there tonight croaking and diving in for a swim when you walk by.

I've sprayed the entire deck down with about 10 gallons of bleach about a month ago when it wasn't raining and they left for a few weeks. Well they're back now that we're getting regular rain.

It needed shock and algaecide tonight so I doubled up on the shock and even made it a point to dump some directly on the ones that were there hoping it would run them off or kill them. I've gotten 10 at a time that have drowned in the skimmers in the last week.

Any tips on what to do to get rid of these annoying ****ers?
Old 7/20/12, 11:12 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
You like to see homeboys naked?
Old 7/20/12, 11:29 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Anyone have an in-ground pool with a problem with frogs? I'm infested with these little frogs. They only come out at night and the ****ers sit around the patio like its there lair making a **** load of noise.

They have filled the pool with eggs a couple of times and I thought maybe when they quit mating season they would leave. No luck. I've caught probably 50 of them and relocated them down to the spring that feeds the creek in the woods. I hate to kill them because they eat bugs and mosquitoes, but they are getting out of hand now.

We've had a lot of rain the last week or so and they have exploded. There were probably 20 of them sitting around out there tonight croaking and diving in for a swim when you walk by.

I've sprayed the entire deck down with about 10 gallons of bleach about a month ago when it wasn't raining and they left for a few weeks. Well they're back now that we're getting regular rain.

It needed shock and algaecide tonight so I doubled up on the shock and even made it a point to dump some directly on the ones that were there hoping it would run them off or kill them. I've gotten 10 at a time that have drowned in the skimmers in the last week.

50?! Sorry, don't really have any advice. We just get a few on the windows catching bugs every night. Once in a while I'll find one sleeping on the side of the pool. Get a cat?

BTW, what chemicals do you use to keep you pool clean? My dad just doesn't seem to care anymore and I don't know what to use to keep it from getting dirty. It's getting pretty bad right now and I don't want to have to empty it all out again.
Old 7/21/12, 12:02 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got behind one of my favorite Mustangs around here. See it from time to time. Went to pick up some pizzas and got behind him for a while.

2001 True Blue Bullitt. I know it may be blasphemy to pick it over Highland Green, but that True Blue on the '01 is extremely rare, and I love that color.

Its lowered, tinted windows, tails, and head lights, with exhaust and a set of black deep dish FR500s. Always spotless, such a beautiful car.
I love a true blue bullitt.

I've sprayed the entire deck down with about 10 gallons of bleach about a month ago when it wasn't raining and they left for a few weeks. Well they'reback now that we're getting regular rain.

I don't have any tips, but when I lifeguarded, years ago, they were a big problem. Everytime we would clean the skimmers we would pick out close to 10 of them. Most of them dead but some would be alive. There we numerous times I would pick them out of the pool willnthey were swimming.

I reckon its just one of those things, the pools is near the woods your gonna have frogs
Old 7/21/12, 12:08 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
50?! Sorry, don't really have any advice. We just get a few on the windows catching bugs every night. Once in a while I'll find one sleeping on the side of the pool. Get a cat?

BTW, what chemicals do you use to keep you pool clean? My dad just doesn't seem to care anymore and I don't know what to use to keep it from getting dirty. It's getting pretty bad right now and I don't want to have to empty it all out again.
I use Poolife Turbo Shock one a week, 1lb per 10,000 gallons. If its been really hot, or we get a lot of rain, or a lot of people have been in it I'll do it about every 5 days.

I use the 3" chlorine tablets in the skimmers (normally 1 tablet per 10K gallons every 5 days). I used to use the Poolife brand of those, but the pool store charges $100 for a 25lb bucket of those, and I can get the exact same strength 25lb 3" tablets at Walmart (I'll have to look at the brand for specifics) for $58. I normally like to support local small businesses, but that is ridiculous. If they were $10 or 15 more I wouldn't mind, but double the price is just stupid.

I use the Poolife Algae Bomb 30 each week also, normally about 4 ounces per 10K gallons, but more if there is a lot of heat and visible signs of it. I usually get visible signs in the south corners of the deep end that ironically get the least sun.

Also use Poolife Clarifier, about 1 ounce per 10K gallons a week.

All the Poolife brand stuff I get from the pool store that built it.

http://www.poolife.com/

Thinking about going saltwater next year, but I want to talk more to my buddy first that has one already.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/21/12 at 12:10 AM.
Old 7/21/12, 12:13 AM

I use Poolife Turbo Shock one a week, 1lb per 10,000 gallons. If its been really hot, or we get a lot of rain, or a lot of people have been in it I'll do it about every 5 days.

I use the 3" chlorine tablets in the skimmers (normally 1 tablet per 10K gallons every 5 days). I used to use the Poolife brand of those, but the pool store charges $100 for a 25lb bucket of those, and I can get the exact same strength 25lb 3" tablets at Walmart (I'll have to look at the brand for specifics) for $58. I normally like to support local small businesses, but that is ridiculous. If they were $10 or 15 more I wouldn't mind, but double the price is just stupid.

I use the Poolife Algae Bomb 30 each week also, normally about 4 ounces per 10K gallons, but more if there is a lot of heat and visible signs of it. I usually get visible signs in the south corners of the deep end that ironically get the least sun.

Also use Poolife Clarifier, about 1 ounce per 10K gallons a week.

All the Poolife brand stuff I get from the pool store that built it.

http://www.poolife.com/

Thanks! I'll look into what we have in the garage and try to get it going again. Or else I'll see about picking some stuff up at the store. The algae is a definite problem. Whenever my dad would put stuff in, he'd just dump however much into the pool and then it'd turn green (or sometimes brown) and never look good the rest of the summer.
Old 7/21/12, 12:56 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Thanks! I'll look into what we have in the garage and try to get it going again. Or else I'll see about picking some stuff up at the store. The algae is a definite problem. Whenever my dad would put stuff in, he'd just dump however much into the pool and then it'd turn green (or sometimes brown) and never look good the rest of the summer.
The biggest thing is making sure you have a pump and filter that is big enough to turn the water over at a high rate, and keeping the filter backwashed to keep all the **** out of it and flowing well. My pump and filter are actually big enough to do a pool 1.5 times or more the size that mine is. It flows some serious water.

It actually flows enough that I've got a timer on mine so that it only runs 12 hours a day, 10 am to 10 pm to cut down on the power bill and the wear and tear on the motor.

I can always tell when mine needs shock just by looking at it. My water is usually crystal blue and clear like this...

Name:  DSC_0654.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  2e7689db.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  93.9 KB

But when it starts to get milky looking (which usually happens suddenly) I know it needs shock. The shock is just basically a powdered chlorine that bumps it up quick and increases the free chlorine number. Free chlorine is chlorine that can absorb contaminates. When it combines with contaminates in the water, it dramatically loses its ability to clean the water, even though it still shows up as chlorine. When you get the water tested, it will give your several numbers. Free chlorine is the chlorine that is capable of bonding with contaminates like body oils, etc. Total chlorine is the total amount that counts the chlorine that is there and already bonded with contaminates (and had little ability to clean) combined with the amount of free chlorine which can clean.

If your water is green it can be a couple of things. Algae is the first. If you have lots of visible algae, you need to bomb it with the powerful algaecide like I mentioned earlier, like 24-32 ounces per 10K gallons, then vacuum it out, then use 4-8 ounces per 10k a week as a maintenance dose until it clears up. If you don't have visible algae and its still green, IIRC it can be because of high levels of copper in the water that you've filled it with. There are other treatments to counter act that, but you'd need a water test of it like I mention below.

Also, if you have an Ace hardware there, and some pool stores, will test your water for free and tell you what it needs. You just take a sample from about 18 inches down away from the skimmers and returns, and keep it cool and dark until you get it there.

How is that for a coherent drunk post?
Old 7/21/12, 01:05 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty **** good in my book.

How long did it take for you to type all that?
Old 7/21/12, 01:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 1999Pony
Pretty **** good in my book.

How long did it take for you to type all that?
Maybe 10-15 minutes, but I had to pull up the photobucket page and go through some albums and choose some pictures to use.
Old 7/21/12, 01:17 AM

The biggest thing is making sure you have a pump and filter that is big enough to turn the water over at a high rate, and keeping the filter backwashed to keep all the **** out of it and flowing well. My pump and filter are actually big enough to do a pool 1.5 times or more the size that mine is. It flows some serious water.

It actually flows enough that I've got a timer on mine so that it only runs 12 hours a day, 10 am to 10 pm to cut down on the power bill and the wear and tear on the motor.

I can always tell when mine needs shock just by looking at it. My water is usually crystal blue and clear like this...

But when it starts to get milky looking (which usually happens suddenly) I know it needs shock. The shock is just basically a powdered chlorine that bumps it up quick and increases the free chlorine number. Free chlorine is chlorine that can absorb contaminates. When it combines with contaminates in the water, it dramatically loses its ability to clean the water, even though it still shows up as chlorine. When you get the water tested, it will give your several numbers. Free chlorine is the chlorine that is capable of bonding with contaminates like body oils, etc. Total chlorine is the total amount that counts the chlorine that is there and already bonded with contaminates (and had little ability to clean) combined with the amount of free chlorine which can clean.

If your water is green it can be a couple of things. Algae is the first. If you have lots of visible algae, you need to bomb it with the powerful algaecide like I mentioned earlier, like 24-32 ounces per 10K gallons, then vacuum it out, then use 4-8 ounces per 10k a week as a maintenance dose until it clears up. If you don't have visible algae and its still green, IIRC it can be because of high levels of copper in the water that you've filled it with. There are other treatments to counter act that, but you'd need a water test of it like I mention below.

Also, if you have an Ace hardware there, and some pool stores, will test your water for free and tell you what it needs. You just take a sample from about 18 inches down away from the skimmers and returns, and keep it cool and dark until you get it there.

Our water has never looked like that. lol I'll see about getting it tested. We don't even have a vacuum. I did clean the filter the other night cause the pressure was really low. Thing was nasty and green. Just bought it a few weeks ago too! It was made to work with the pool so I assume it's big enough, but who knows.
Old 7/21/12, 01:30 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Our water has never looked like that. lol I'll see about getting it tested. We don't even have a vacuum. I did clean the filter the other night cause the pressure was really low. Thing was nasty and green. Just bought it a few weeks ago too! It was made to work with the pool so I assume it's big enough, but who knows.
If it was supposedly made to work with the pool, it is probably way too small. They are going to recommend the cheapest thing they can get by with in order to make the price seem better. I'd say that one for a pool twice the size you have would be a better choice. It may cost more initially, but it will pay off in the long run. Changing the water, or at least a significant portion of it often, will help out a great deal.

I actually like rain water in mine. When it comes a flood of rain and raises the level more than what I want it to be is nice. Granted, I do have to add more chemicals to even it out, but the water seems to be really nice afterwards. Not to mention there is a certain level where the skimmers pick up better. When it is what I consider over full, there isn't as much positive flow going into them. It just kind of sits there. When its where I want it to be, they really pull **** in, a strong current pulling into them.

Last week when we got all that rain I drained probably 3000 gallons out of it (estimating) to get it back where I like to have it, and had to add basically double the chemicals I normally do, but this week it was probably as beautiful as I've ever seen it.

Not from last week, but it looked just as good even though these were at night which takes a lot away from the looks

Name:  DSC_0624.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  190.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0652.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  72.2 KB

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/21/12 at 01:37 AM.
Old 7/21/12, 01:49 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

How in the hell did I type all of that being as drunk as I am?
Old 7/21/12, 01:52 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Well this place died a quick death. I must have killed it.
Old 7/21/12, 01:54 AM

Well this place died a quick death. I must have killed it.
My wifi died so I'm watching Netflix on my phone. Checking in between episodes.
Old 7/21/12, 01:58 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
My wifi died so I'm watching Netflix on my phone. Checking in between episodes.
I've been ****faced in a lightning storm. You know how hard it is to go out and have a smoke in a lightning storm when that scares the **** out of you?
Old 7/21/12, 02:05 AM

I've been ****faced in a lightning storm. You know how hard it is to go out and have a smoke in a lightning storm when that scares the **** out of you?
No man. I dig the hell out of lightning. Used to go out in the field high as a kite and watch heat lightning streak across the sky. Saw a tree get hit two houses down two days ago. We were sitting in the car waiting for the rain to let up to go in the house and POW! So much power man. I love weather.
Old 7/21/12, 02:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
No man. I dig the hell out of lightning. Used to go out in the field high as a kite and watch heat lightning streak across the sky. Saw a tree get hit two houses down two days ago. We were sitting in the car waiting for the rain to let up to go in the house and POW! So much power man. I love weather.
I used too as well, loved it, but the older I get the worse it scares me, especially after April 27th 2011. I don't **** around with that **** anymore. When a storm comes up I'm nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast