Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/12, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Everyone, How are you all doing today. I been having a blast all day at GrandFather Mountain. I really didn't want to leave that place. But I had to because Rain came in. I have done things that I have never done in my life. It's all about the Adventure and I am loving it. I never really went Hiking before. I have walked threw trails, but never trail like this. I never had to climb rocks and ladders and use guide ropes. Once I got to the top of the peaks. I made some friends and was talking to them telling them my story and they were like wow, And then told me that I picked the hardest trail to start with lol. But here are some pics.

This is about mid moutain. And drove up to about half mile from the Swinging bridge and started hiking from there. But I made it up to those 2 peaks.

Start of the trail not really all that bad.

Started to get more interesting

Swinging Bridge

the trail inder Swining bridge

The View from the other side of Swining Bridge

I was Go proing the adventure lol

This is the harder trail to the 2 peaks. It get's nutty

There are ladders also

View from the peaks of Swining bridge

More view pics

More ladders

Going back down. More help

Half down and looking back up

It sure was

The Bear was behind a hugh fence lol

Old 6/10/12, 05:32 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Hey Paul, next time you do some repair work, a bit of sharpie work on the duct tape should go a long way
The first indicator would be that I would never have anything to do with those ground effects
Old 6/10/12, 05:33 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

I'm not trying to kid anybody, lol. It will probably last me most of the summer......unless my stepdaughter finds it or my neighbors come over and help me drink it.
Then you need to raise your fun goal for the summer
Old 6/10/12, 05:34 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
No, I was stuffing someone else's gut by that time.

I can't drink any of those margarita mixers anymore. I used to, but a friend turned me on to Finest Call sweet and sour mix (have to get it at the liquor store here) and never have been able to go back. Its just so much better than the mixes, they're too syrupy and sweet for me now. I also use it in Long Island teas. I think the last time I made them I was using 2oz tequila, 1oz triple sec, and 3oz of Finest Call, and a splash of Rose's lime juice, of course you may need to adjust that to your taste.

Look for this..

http://store.finestcall.com/ProductI...?productid=512

I drink mine out of a mason jar.
That sounds good, I'll have to check it out. I do like long island iced tea too.....but I think one of those is my limit, lol. And now that you said mason jar, I have a hankering for some apple pie shine yummmmm

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 6/10/12 at 05:39 PM.
Old 6/10/12, 05:37 PM
Service Manager

A little over 13 hours and I'm back home....while I was gone the motor on my shop air compressor blew up so guess what I get to deal with in the morning?
Old 6/10/12, 05:42 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Jay that looks like an awesome time!! I need to get in a bit better shape and head up that way for stuff like that.
Old 6/10/12, 05:43 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by svopaul
The first indicator would be that I would never have anything to do with those ground effects
Oh I know, I just saw it beside me and was like I am so gonna mess with Paul
Old 6/10/12, 05:44 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Hat sounds good, I'll have to check it out. I do like long island iced tea too.....but I think one of those is my limit, lol. And now that you said mason jar, I have a hankering for some apple pie shine yummmmm
I just noticed when I looked for it on their website that they have a margarita mix. Never tried it, don't know if I've even seen it, but it might be good too if its like their other mixes. I'll look for it next time I'm going to make some and give it a try. It would be hard to beat the Sweet and Sour though I think. I've had several people that have switched to it after they tried it, so I don't think its just me.
Old 6/10/12, 05:45 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by jkstang78
Hey Everyone, How are you all doing today. I been having a blast all day at GrandFather Mountain. I really didn't want to leave that place. But I had to because Rain came in. I have done things that I have never done in my life. It's all about the Adventure and I am loving it. I never really went Hiking before. I have walked threw trails, but never trail like this. I never had to climb rocks and ladders and use guide ropes. Once I got to the top of the peaks. I made some friends and was talking to them telling them my story and they were like wow, And then told me that I picked the hardest trail to start with lol. But here are some pics.
Nice pics, Jay. I'm glad you are enjoying your trip. Looks like they've done some reinforcing to the bridge since I was there. It is a beautiful view from up there.

Originally Posted by svopaul
Then you need to raise your fun goal for the summer
So I've heard...my husband is always trying to get me drunk, lol.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 6/10/12 at 05:49 PM.
Old 6/10/12, 05:47 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that looks awesome Jay!
Old 6/10/12, 05:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I just noticed when I looked for it on their website that they have a margarita mix. Never tried it, don't know if I've even seen it, but it might be good too if its like their other mixes. I'll look for it next time I'm going to make some and give it a try. It would be hard to beat the Sweet and Sour though I think. I've had several people that have switched to it after they tried it, so I don't think its just me.
Hmmm, poking around more on the site and came across this..

http://store.finestcall.com/ProductI...?productid=561

Now that's the one I want to try, if I can find it.
Old 6/10/12, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Jay that looks like an awesome time!! I need to get in a bit better shape and head up that way for stuff like that.
Nice pics, Jay. I'm glad you are enjoying your trip. Looks like they've dome some reinforcing to the bridge since I was there. It is a beautiful view from up there.

Scothew Trust me I am not in the greatest of shape. It took me hours to do. But I was having such a blast doing. I had water and a snack with me. This is by far the best thing I have ever done in my life. I am meeting so many new people, and just enjoying my life.

08GT Sorry I don't see your name on the side. But thanks and I really am having a blast. I did see a bunch of these reinforcing springs. The bridge did not swing as much as I was expecting it to. It was really windy up too.
Old 6/10/12, 06:00 PM
Service Manager

I'm not going to touch that one....but its tempting...lol. I guess 13 hours on the road has taken its toll...rum & coke in hand...time to unwind.
Old 6/10/12, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
that looks awesome Jay!
It really was. If you ever get a chance to do it. I say go for it. All I know is that I will be coming back to NC in the future to hang out. Great food, Great people, And great things to do.
Old 6/10/12, 06:19 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

It really was. If you ever get a chance to do it. I say go for it. All I know is that I will be coming back to NC in the future to hang out. Great food, Great people, And great things to do.
It just gets better the further South you go, but shhhhhh dont tell all the Northern folk as we want to keep it a secret
Old 6/10/12, 06:20 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome pics Jay!
Old 6/10/12, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

It just gets better the further South you go, but shhhhhh dont tell all the Northern folk as we want to keep it a secret

LOL ok I will keep it a secert. But I will be heading down to Georgia tomorrow to meet my Half sister for the first time. I want to do Dragons tail like we were talking about. But the weather is looking like rain tomorrow. So I don't know if I will head that way or not. I also hit Blue Ridge parkway and saw Linville Viaduct. But it was so foggy and misting that I really couldn't see anything nice.
Old 6/10/12, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lalayla
Awesome pics Jay!
Thanks Amie. I should have took my tri-pod with me. It could have helped as a walking stick lol.
Old 6/10/12, 06:40 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

LOL ok I will keep it a secert. But I will be heading down to Georgia tomorrow to meet my Half sister for the first time. I want to do Dragons tail like we were talking about. But the weather is looking like rain tomorrow. So I don't know if I will head that way or not. I also hit Blue Ridge parkway and saw Linville Viaduct. But it was so foggy and misting that I really couldn't see anything nice.
two sites you need to know in regards to that area and those roads.

http://tailofthedragon.com/
http://www.cherohala.com/ - my fav road. At the bottom of it is a town called Telico Plains, the Telico Cafe is a good little place to eat.
Old 6/10/12, 06:42 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Someone else can figure it out
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-533323_3576944297444_47850513_n.jpg  

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast