Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/12, 07:07 PM
Service Manager

Received 440 Likes on 217 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

Maybe a little while, but not a long while. I may be able to remind you once in a while of what you will be missing

And have a safe trip home
I'm sure you will Temptress
Old 6/9/12, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
That's really cool Jay! Good luck man
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Enjoy the trip Jay. Are you gonna stay pretty much East Coast or are you taking the long way there? Tennessee was really nice. Driving through the smokies is pretty alright.
No I didn't stay along the East coast. I took I-81 down. On the way back I will take I-95 and try and hit the Outer banks and some other stuff.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Adventure!
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Good luck Jay. That will be an awesome adventure I am sure you will enjoy. Post some pics of your adventure along the route.
Doing that as we speak lol

Originally Posted by Scothew
Be safe on the trip, and good luck with everything
Originally Posted by Captain Chris
Good luck man! Have a safe trip and hope everything goes well!

It was ok. Certainly something that can wait until it comes out on DVD, but it was cute.

Good luck and have a safe trip
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Very cool, have a safe trip. I didn't know about my half sister until I was 19, mom never said anything to me until a phone call one day. Now I have her, her husband, and their two girls in my life. It's amazing how you can become close to people just because you share the same blood. Funny thing is we are actually pretty similar with some things.
I just want to say thank you to everyone. I am in Boone North Carolina right now and Exhausted from the drive. Started around 6 am this morning and got into a hotel just after 6pm. I took some pics along the way and Some Videos with my Go-pro camera

I got to say I am a psycho. As soon as I got onto US-221 and Blowing Rock Hwy. I saw how windy the roads where. I fired up the Go-pro and start flying around the curves. I don't even know these roads at all, and I was going nuts lol. The Auto quality sucks on these things. I have no idea how to fix them. I am also uploading them right now too.

As soon as I get the other videos up I will post them. It is taking forever for some reason I have a bunch of videos.
Blowing Rock Hwy
http://youtu.be/WMklHtRLBag
This is US-221
http://youtu.be/khS8v4MKNZM
Some photos
This guy is was having a bad morning

I saw this last week going to Carlisle and thought it looked like a possiable good pic.

Thank god for a 300MM lens lol

A giant Paint can

Can anyone tell me why they do this? I am talking about the rolled up things.

Here are the rest of the pics.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4d8b0ba6b6

Last edited by jkstang78; 6/9/12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 6/9/12, 07:44 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
If you get a chance, hwy 129 through north ga, into TN and NC is awesome. (the TN / nc line is the tail of the dragon)
Old 6/9/12, 07:50 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^agreed with baldy

the rolled up things are hay. makes them easier to transport that way, and easier to sell
Old 6/9/12, 07:51 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
I'm sure you will Temptress

Originally Posted by jkstang78
No I didn't stay along the East coast. I took I-81 down. On the way back I will take I-95 and try and hit the Outer banks and some other stuff.

Doing that as we speak lol

I just want to say thank you to everyone. I am in Boone North Carolina right now and Exhausted from the drive. Start around 6 am this morning and got into a hotel just after 6pm. I took some pics along the way and Some Video with my Go-pro videos

I got to say I am a psycho. As soon as I got onto US-221 and Blowing Rock Hwy I saw how windy the roads where. I fired up the Go-pro and start flying around the curves. I don't even know these roads at all and I was going nuts lol. The Auto quality sucks on these things. I have no idea how to fix them. I am also uploading them right now too.

As soon as I get the other videos up I will post them. It is taking forever for some reason. But the one that did upload
Blowing Rock Hwy
http://youtu.be/WMklHtRLBag

Some photos
This guy is was having a bad morning

I saw this last week going to Carlisle and thought it looked like a possiable good pic.

Thank god for a 300MM lens lol

A giant Paint can

Here are the rest of the pics.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4d8b0ba6b6
Funny, my husband just left his parents house in Lenoir, NC this morning to come home. Blowing Rock is the next town over on 321 so we always go through there to Boone. You should eat at Daniel Boone Inn while you are there. Good home cooking. No real menu to pick from, they just bring you a lot of different food and as much of it as you want. And we always run 81 to 77 when we go.

If you really want the scenic route, head south to Asheville where the Biltmore is. That place is awesome. But i know you are just driving through. They also have Lake Lure near Asheville (where they filmed Dirty Dancing and a couple other movies) I love it there.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 6/9/12 at 07:59 PM.
Old 6/9/12, 07:54 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by StangMahn
^agreed with baldy

the rolled up things are hay. makes them easier to transport that way, and easier to sell
You realize Mahn you better not ever tell me if your hair starts thinning. Mine is shaved thank you very much. I keep it shaved cause it keeps me from noticing how thin it actually is
Old 6/9/12, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

If you get a chance, hwy 129 through north ga, into TN and NC is awesome. (the TN / nc line is the tail of the dragon)
Scott thank you. One of my friends was just telling me about the tail of the dragon about a hour ago. My half sister lives in Acworth Georgia. So I don't know if that is close to her or not. Oh I am looking on a map and it looks like it is a few hours north of her. It's in the wrong direction and the GPS is not going to take me that way either.
Old 6/9/12, 08:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A giant Paint can

I swear I smelled paint when I saw that can!

Round bales are old school. They're lousy for transporting and for stuffing a barn.
Can't do this with round bales:
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-hay.4-2010.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-barn-full-clover-way.jpg  

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/9/12 at 08:10 PM.
Old 6/9/12, 08:06 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Scott thank you. One of my friends was just telling me about the tail of the dragon about a hour ago. My half sister lives in Acworth Georgia. So I don't know if that is close to her or not. Oh I am looking on a map and it looks like it is a few hours north of her. It's in the wrong direction and the GPS is not going to take me that way either.
If its only a few hour out of the way, it's worth it. Trust me. As is the cherahala skyway
Old 6/9/12, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Funny, my husband just left his parents house in Lenoir, NC this morning to come home. Blowing Rock is the next town over on 321 so we always go through there to Boone. You should eat at Daniel Boone Inn while you are there. Good home cooking. No real menu to pick from, they just bring you a lot of different food and as much of it as you want. And we always run 81 to 77 when we go.

If you really want the scenic route, head south to Asheville where the Biltmore is. That place is awesome. But i know you are just driving through. They also have Lake Lure near Asheville (where they filmed Dirty Dancing and a couple other movies) I love it there.
That's cool and thanks for more cool places to check out. Tomorrow I plan on spending the day here in NC. I will be going to Grandfather Mount and spend the day hiking and taking more pics and maybe videos. I prob will spend the night here again, and then head over to Georgia on Monday. Like I said before I have never done anything like this before. SO I am making every second count and as much fun as I can have. I seen they have a zip line I might try to do that monday morning lol.
Old 6/9/12, 08:12 PM
Post *****

If its only a few hour out of the way, it's worth it. Trust me. As is the cherahala skyway
Yeah I'd make that slight detour. It's an adventure right?
Old 6/9/12, 08:14 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Adventures are fun :P
Old 6/9/12, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh Boy now I think I will have to go down.
Old 6/9/12, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Yeah I'd make that slight detour. It's an adventure right?

You know what maybe I will do it Tuesday will my Sis is at work. I will just go out and go have some more fun lol.
Old 6/9/12, 08:18 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Oh Boy now I think I will have to go down.
If your in nc, look it up, I think it runs from Asheville area sorta all the way down into ga. I can't remember Whih road number the skyway is but I love it way more than the dragon, but my car was a high revver so the faster sweeping turns were more fun. The dragon is lower speed but very tight and technical. Remember these are all public roads so please be careful
Old 6/9/12, 08:18 PM
Post *****

Geez - me? I actually have ipv6 already?? :faint:

Congratulations! Your IPv6 service appears to be working with this browser and location.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ipv6/

Internet grows by trillions of addresses, as IPV6 rolls out worldwide

By Sean Captain
Published June 06, 2012
TechMediaNetwork

Did you notice anything odd with your Internet connection today? Probably not, but the Internet started changing in a big way under the hood, with websites and Internet service providers turning on a new technology to transmit data.
The Internet's been running on a system that was originally developed 35 years ago as part of an experimental project called ARPAnet in the U.S. Defense Department. That's when researchers created something called Internet Protocol version 4, or IPv4.
A key component of the system was how many addresses it created, since in theory, every gadget on the Internet needs its own unique number, called an IP address, so data can find it. IPv4 created about 4.3 billion addresses — overkill for an experiment, but not enough for a planet. IP addresses started running out about a year ago in some parts of the world.
There have been many tricks to stretch the number of IP addresses. For example, every Internet-connected device in your home probably shares the IP address of your modem, similar to how telephones in an office have extensions to share the one main number.
With IPv6, everything can have a unique number, making it easier and quicker for data to find its way around the Internet. In comparison to IPv4's 4.3 billion IP addresses, IPv6 can assign about 340 trillion trillion trillion (that's not a typo). Or to be exact:
340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,45 6 IP addresses.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...ntcmp=features

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/9/12 at 08:20 PM.
Old 6/9/12, 08:20 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's interesting! I had no idea.
Old 6/9/12, 08:20 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

From a network admin standpoint on a LAN ipv6 is a pita for keepin track of stuff. We don't use it lol. On the WAN side I knew it was inevitable.
Old 6/9/12, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

If your in nc, look it up, I think it runs from Asheville area sorta all the way down into ga. I can't remember Whih road number the skyway is but I love it way more than the dragon, but my car was a high revver so the faster sweeping turns were more fun. The dragon is lower speed but very tight and technical. Remember these are all public roads so please be careful

Thank you and I will look it up tomorrow if I get a chance. Ok I am shot so everyone have a good night and hope to have some more cool pics tomorrow.
Old 6/9/12, 08:24 PM
Post *****

From a network admin standpoint on a LAN ipv6 is a pita for keepin track of stuff.
Too many different addresses to catalog/organize easily?
I'm thinking of a warehouse full of file cabinets with endless folders that have one document in them.
(I was brought up with 'directories'\'files' and still save/file with that mentality. But I can find all my stuff since 87 (and backup) in a flash.)

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/9/12 at 08:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast