Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
10.00%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/11, 09:26 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
@ see rock city birdhouse.

Yeah storms rolling through, University of Alabama has some tree's down on campus, thats just southwest of me by about an hour. funny storms took out a few tree's there and at Auburn it took a redneck alabama fan with herbicides to take out ours.
Now that is kinda funny.
Old 4/20/11, 10:12 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts
a redneck alabama fan .
from texas remember
Old 4/20/11, 11:16 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
And deep freezers.

Seriously, when I was a kid, just about all old folks would have a deep freezer on their screened in porch. My aunt said it was because when they first got popular that they were so loud when running that you couldn't stand to have them in the house when you were trying to sleep, and through the years old folks just tended to keep them there for the extra space inside.

A lot of folks kept washing machines on the porch because they didn't have indoor plumbing, and the water had to run out of it somewhere.
Ok, what is a deep freezer?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee gonna be a fun day.
Indeed...
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-img_20110420_115707.jpg  
Old 4/20/11, 11:51 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 4/20/11, 12:04 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Thanks guys! I hope he does well. Cuz I really want to have to chaperone him on the tour of the Ford Factory at Nationals

When, h*ll freezeth over I haven't even let him drive it yet. I may be nice and teach him before he leaves for bootcamp though.
Old 4/20/11, 12:41 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by Blue Notch

Indeed...
You kidding right??

Here is what one style of Deep Freezer looks like
Old 4/20/11, 12:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 619 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch

A chest type freezer, I've just always heard them called a deep freezer. Maybe its just a Southern phrase.

They've always been popular down here, especially with people that had big gardens and/or butchered cows and pigs. Besides canning, they were needed to store vegetables for the winter so you didn't have to buy them at the store (or when you couldn't buy them at the store). You'd usually see a big pantry somewhere full of vegetables canned in Mason jars, and a deep freezer full of bags of vegetables and packs of meat on the porch. It kind of lost popularity for a while when big grocery stores became more common in rural areas and veggies were available year round, but canning and deep freezers are starting to come back now with the high food prices and uncertainty about what's going to happen in the economy and with our govt. Along with tinfoil hats, or so we're accused of.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/20/11 at 01:04 PM.
Old 4/20/11, 12:55 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Hey Lee they are still called Deep Freezers everywhere. I posted a link really quick before you got yours up from a quick search of Deep freezers
Old 4/20/11, 01:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Hey Lee they are still called Deep Freezers everywhere. I posted a link really quick before you got yours up from a quick search of Deep freezers
Obviously not in Canada.
Old 4/20/11, 01:15 PM
Post *****

You should read the full article, and the clip below it. I don't know who abuses your privacy more, apple or the schmoogle. Glad I only have a phone. Might go back to a land line!

Phone keeps record of everywhere you go
Privacy fears raised as researchers reveal file on iPhone that stores location coordinates and timestamps of owner's movements
Apple’s iPhone saves every detail of your movements to a file on the device. Photograph: Linda Nylind for the Guardian

Security researchers have discovered that Apple's iPhone keeps track of where you go – and saves every detail of it to a secret file on the device which is then copied to the owner's computer when the two are synchronised.
The file contains the latitude and longitude of the phone's recorded coordinates along with a timestamp, meaning that anyone who stole the phone or the computer could discover details about the owner's movements using a simple program.
For some phones, there could be almost a year's worth of data stored, as the recording of data seems to have started with Apple's iOS 4 update to the phone's operating system, released in June 2010.
"Apple has made it possible for almost anybody – a jealous spouse, a private detective – with access to your phone or computer to get detailed information about where you've been," said Pete Warden, one of the researchers.
Only the iPhone records the user's location in this way, say Warden and Alasdair Allan, the data scientists who discovered the file and are presenting their findings at the Where 2.0 conference in San Francisco on Wednesday. "Alasdair has looked for similar tracking code in [Google's] Android phones and couldn't find any," said Warden. "We haven't come across any instances of other phone manufacturers doing this."
Simon Davies, director of the pressure group Privacy International, said: "This is a worrying discovery. Location is one of the most sensitive elements in anyone's life – just think where people go in the evening. The existence of that data creates a real threat to privacy. The absence of notice to users or any control option can only stem from an ignorance about privacy at the design stage."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-privacy-fears

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/20/11 at 01:17 PM.
Old 4/20/11, 01:28 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
A chest type freezer, I've just always heard them called a deep freezer. Maybe its just a Southern phrase.

They've always been popular down here, especially with people that had big gardens and/or butchered cows and pigs. Besides canning, they were needed to store vegetables for the winter so you didn't have to buy them at the store (or when you couldn't buy them at the store). You'd usually see a big pantry somewhere full of vegetables canned in Mason jars, and a deep freezer full of bags of vegetables and packs of meat on the porch. It kind of lost popularity for a while when big grocery stores became more common in rural areas and veggies were available year round, but canning and deep freezers are starting to come back now with the high food prices and uncertainty about what's going to happen in the economy and with our govt. Along with tinfoil hats, or so we're accused of.
Grew up around that stuff, and even planted my first garden by myself this year. Not huge, but got enough planted that I hope will provide for my family (and both my parents and my in-laws) with the things we use the most.

my grandparents used to plant and manage about 10 acres worth of gardens, and i spent the summers with them out there as well.. explains why its taken me so long to start anything of my own

And Nathan are you really that sheltered??? a deep freezer.. come on man!
Old 4/20/11, 01:38 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Obviously not in Canada.
True true. I think we forgot to put the "eh" at the end so he could understand it.
Old 4/20/11, 01:47 PM
Post *****

Grew up around that stuff, and even planted my first garden by myself this year. Not huge, but got enough planted that I hope will provide for my family (and both my parents and my in-laws) with the things we use the most.

my grandparents used to plant and manage about 10 acres worth of gardens, and i spent the summers with them out there as well.. explains why its taken me so long to start anything of my own
Same here. I can't bring myself to plant grass or a garden because of the 'garden from hell'. (Always liked the fresh veggies & canned thru the winter though.)
My dad's wasn't 10 acres by any means, but those lawn and garden chores always interrupted important dirt bike time!!
Old 4/20/11, 01:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

And Nathan are you really that sheltered??? a deep freezer.. come on man!
I freakin' hated that time of year. Young people now don't realize how much work those people went through to have good food all year. I wanted to be out running around in the woods like a wild man, but instead ended up having to help with that stuff. My grandmother and aunts would have us kids shucking corn and cutting it off the cob, shelling peas, breaking up green beans, etc. I love okra, but I hated picking and cutting up that sticky **** worse than anything.

The heat is what got to me, it was already hot as hell and they didn't have A/C. Add on top of that the cooking, boiling all of that water to put the jars in, etc. and it was like a freakin' sauna in the house. I don't see how those old ladies could stand it, but they just kept on going until it was done. Making jams and jellies and all of that stuff, plus the veggies. I do remember that my great-aunt made the best freaking pickles I've ever eaten. God I'd love to have a few jars of those right now.
Old 4/20/11, 01:59 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Same here Lee, from the time i was about 7 till prob 14, i spent each summer in the gardens with them. up at 6am, outside till about 4pm working at least 4 days a week. suuuuucked. I was the only grandson as well so go figure there was no one else to share the "joy" with.

I still to this day do not eat green beans. so burnt out on them it isnt funny.
Old 4/20/11, 02:12 PM
Post *****

I still to this day do not eat green beans. so burnt out on them it isnt funny.
You know what's funny? I like canned green beans way better than fresh.

Making jams
Well there's no babes or grannies around here so if I want it I have to make it maself.

But thanx to easy freezer jam and a DEEP FREEZER, I get to at least have strawberry jam.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/20/11 at 03:29 PM.
Old 4/20/11, 02:27 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I dont eat them either way.. maybe once or twice a year. after helpign can hundreds of jars of them, not to mention havign to snap them all by hand... i have no desire to see the purple ******** again.
Old 4/20/11, 02:44 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I eat them occasionally (actually had some last night) but its not one of my top picks when I fix vegetables to go with a meal. I'll get a little at a big family dinner if I see some that are home cooked instead of out of a can. I know they'll usually be good because one of the older ladies has cooked them up really good with a ham hock in the pot to flavor them up.
Old 4/20/11, 02:50 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I enjoy the ones out of the can better than fresh also
Old 4/20/11, 03:00 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
green beans are my favorite vegetable. especially if they're made right. Dad makes them fantastic, put in a chopped slice of bacon and some seasoning, mmmmmm!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast