Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
10.00%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/11, 02:48 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I may be on but I'm not really here.
Ummm when are you ever "here"

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
you're a bad man, very bad man.
TWSS!!!

I just realized that all of this complaining sounds like someone else. Crap. I'm turning into Nathan.
Everybody run for the hills!!!!! There are 2 Nathans around now!!!!

Also Jill your Stang looks sweeter than a bottle of the sweetest wine in the world. Love it.

On tint I usually go with 5% on the rear and sides and have a 5% strip up on the top part of the windshield.
Old 3/22/11, 06:24 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
lil partial to my former rides.
I love the mystic

Stupid freakin' pollen. The count was over 3000 here today, and I constantly feel like I need to clear my throat or hack up phlegm.

Not to mention I didn't think ahead a few weeks to realize how much fun it is having a black car in the pollen capital of the world.

I just realized that all of this complaining sounds like someone else. Crap. I'm turning into Nathan.

Allergies suck here too. All the stinking snow mold. Either that or I'm getting sick again.

And welcome to my world.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Lee, complain away. The f'n pollen is really pissin me off. I don't even have my car to worry about this year, but it's killing my sinuses. Been sniffin' away and on the verge of losing my voice.
I think mold is the only thing I'm not allergic to. I'm allergic to cats, dogs (even my dog), dust mites, tree pollen, grass pollen and ragweed I haven't seen any pollen yet, but I know it won't be long.........and then I'll be suffering too I always get a bad head cold in early spring and early fall. Never fails.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Also Jill your Stang looks sweeter than a bottle of the sweetest wine in the world. Love it.

On tint I usually go with 5% on the rear and sides and have a 5% strip up on the top part of the windshield.
Thanks, Dirk! I do like that first picture I posted. The sun is hitting it just right. It's one of my favorite pics of my car.
Old 3/22/11, 07:37 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Sounds fun!!

Back in St. Louis I helped my Dad make turkey calls in the early 70's when I was starting high school. Hunted in SE MO Ozarks. We made dozens and he sold them which provided funds for our camping, hunting & fishing equipment. (He was big on not taking from the family budget for our fun since my Mom & sisters weren't into it.)

He really didn't need box calls because when he was stationed in Texas in WWII he learned to use his voice with the wild turkey's that came near the base (Lackland AFB if I remember right). But after seeing the Lynch call we started making them.

After some trial and error with the design it became easy to make several at a time in the basement shop. We made everything in that basement! We made our own tools for hand making the curve of the sides and especially carving each top (actually an old rusted swingset part filed down lol). But the hard part was tuning each one. That took hours. Working them with chalk to polish the edge, placing pegs under the sides as needed to fine tune the tone of each call. The right side was slightly higher for the hen call, the left side was tuned slightly lower which gave the gobble call when you shook them.

I had to dig these out of my boxes. The one on the left is cedar and has a sweeter sound. But the walnut one carried better in the woods. Obviously they need new rubber bands, but that's only for the gobble. Don't need them for the hen call.

Good luck!!
Dude those are awesome and a great story. Im going to start working on making my own strikers for my slate calls I think.

So far hte birds arent gobbleing yet in our area, but we did call some in last weekend, just had a bad setup and got busted by a hen that was with them.
Old 3/22/11, 07:38 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I love the mystic
Thanks Jill, I really miss that car.
Old 3/22/11, 09:35 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Thanks, Dirk! I do like that first picture I posted. The sun is hitting it just right. It's one of my favorite pics of my car.
That first pic is really nice. I love the background.
Old 3/22/11, 11:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello people. Sorry I havent posted in a while but school and work are pretty time consumimg

Updates on the focus: not much, just a KITT light
Old 3/22/11, 02:36 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Up to 10" of snow by tomorrow afternoon! WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 3/22/11, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Up to 10" of snow by tomorrow afternoon! WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate, your harshing my mello that sux

Last edited by GrnT; 3/22/11 at 02:46 PM.
Old 3/22/11, 02:48 PM

I bet I jinxed it last weekend when I took the sandbags out of my car.
Old 3/22/11, 02:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 621 Likes on 446 Posts
I bet I jinxed it last weekend when I took the sandbags out of my car.
82 and sunny here as we speak. But there is a cold front coming through tomorrow that's supposed to push the temps back down into the 60's and 70s.
Old 3/22/11, 03:01 PM

Oh you poor thing. Better grab the winter coat.
Old 3/22/11, 03:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I love sarcasm.

Been in shorts, sandals, no shirt pretty much everyday for the last week or so.

I wish I could open the windows at night, but the danged pollen chokes me out and covers everything in the house.
Old 3/22/11, 03:45 PM

I'm in shorts now. Big whoop. The shirt thing, not so much.

Record high for tomorrow: 83 in 1910.
Old 3/22/11, 03:50 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

82 and sunny here as we speak. But there is a cold front coming through tomorrow that's supposed to push the temps back down into the 60's and 70s.
Same here! And its been like 80 the past 3-4 days too. Its supposed to be 78 tomorrow though!

Granted we poke fun now, but in a few months when its like 103 with 178% humidity, we'll be miserable as heck!
Old 3/22/11, 03:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Same here! And its been like 80 the past 3-4 days too. Its supposed to be 78 tomorrow though!

Granted we poke fun now, but in a few months when its like 103 with 178% humidity, we'll be miserable as heck!

You mean those days when you walk outside and are dripping with sweat before you even make it to the mailbox, feel like you're breathing through a wet towel over your face, and have swampass so bad that you need two showers because the first one wont take? Oh joy. And its just around the corner.

Old 3/22/11, 04:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm in shorts now. Big whoop. The shirt thing, not so much.
Why? Afraid someone will make fun of your third nipple?
Old 3/22/11, 04:07 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Stupid freakin' pollen. The count was over 3000 here today, and I constantly feel like I need to clear my throat or hack up phlegm.

Not to mention I didn't think ahead a few weeks to realize how much fun it is having a black car in the pollen capital of the world.

Am I the only one that likes drawing flames and racing stripes in the pollen? They gotta add at least 50hp!

You mean those days when you walk outside and are dripping with sweat before you even make it to the mailbox, feel like you're breathing through a wet towel over your face, and have swampass so bad that you need two showers because the first one wont take? Oh joy. And its just around the corner.

Thanks for reminding me about the A/C I don't have

I can't stand that humidty! And my mailbox is about 4 truck lenghts away, maybe 5... But not playing football so I'll be good! Just workin away and workin' on my tan
Old 3/22/11, 07:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry Lee - like a dog chasin' a chipmunk up the drain pipe - I jus had to do it!

https://themustangsource.com/f650/sv...0/#post6036267
Old 3/22/11, 07:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I left a little something in one of his others. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one that got booted yesterday.
Old 3/22/11, 07:23 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I left a little something in one of his others. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one that got booted yesterday.
Well I saw your comment on one of his other 19 posts, but I didn't know anyone got booted. lolol

But regarding your comment, it reminded me of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop... "PHIL - you've chaaannnggeeedddd man!" (because you commented after '2011 Stang Guy' that was on him in every post )

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/22/11 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast