Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/11, 09:22 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
You would be surprised. The new Explorer is deceiving on pics, seeing in person seems almost as big and high as the Expedition.
Well I was wondering about that because they are pushing capacity of "7 adults" on the ads.

The Edge seems more a personal/couple vehicle that's loaded.
Old 1/19/11, 09:29 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

God Bless America!
Old 1/19/11, 09:38 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-sOgG3h6l0">YouTube Link</a>

God Bless America!
Old 1/19/11, 09:46 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
those things are awesome!
Old 1/19/11, 09:48 PM
Post *****

God Bless America!

Heck yeah!

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/19/11 at 09:49 PM.
Old 1/19/11, 09:49 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
In other news Whataburger has chorizo and egg taquitos now and I've had about a dozen of them over the past few days.

For those in Canada that don't know what Whataburger, chorizo, or a taquito is, I feel sorry for you. Poor bastards.

Also in the news...Hook 'em Horns! Everything is bigger in Texas.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
Old 1/19/11, 09:56 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
the wife of a buddy of mine makes a cheesy chorizo dip that's so good you'd wanna hurt yourself on them
Old 1/20/11, 09:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07S197

Originally Posted by 07S197

Ummmm yeeeaaaaa

Speaking of Fords I almost got the Raptor stuck today.

It's rained a lot here but has stopped over the past 3 days. I went to the new house as we were starting to bring in fill dirt for the driveway. I drove to the back of the house and I was staying on the grass and out of the water. Well the ground there was softer than I thought. I was parked and I was looking from the truck at the back of the house for just a minute or two. Then I put it in D and give it gas and it won't move. I'm like WTF! I open the door and the truck had sunk to the wheels without me even realizing it. So I thow it in 4H and give it some gas and nothing. So I put it in N and switch to 4L and it tries to move but it's starting to dig down.

I'm thinking this could be embarrassing. So I rock it a couple of times and en haul *** out of there. Mud was flying everywhere! I think I finally popped El Diablo's cherry.

If I ever wear out these tires I'm getting mud tires. These things may be great in the sand, but not so much in this black mud.
I will never buy anything but mud tires for my truck. They may not last as long but they are completely worth it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-sOgG3h6l0">YouTube Link</a>

God Bless America!
Pure awesomeness!
Old 1/20/11, 01:25 PM
Post *****

Any of my collector friends got a pic of this?

Jan 19, 8:26 PM EST

Museum recovers $50K Civil War gun stolen in 1975

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A Civil War revolver that was stolen more than 30 years ago from the Museum of the Confederacy has turned up again.
Collections Manager Catherine Wright tells WTVR-TV that the .36-caliber Spiller & Burr revolver was stolen in 1975 when the museum collection was moved to a new building.
A woman in Knoxville, Tenn., discovered the gun in December in her late father's belongings. She tried to sell it to an Ohio antique dealer who traced the gun to the museum.
WTVR reports that the woman's father collected Civil War items. It's not known how he came into possession of the gun. The woman will not face charges.
Wright says the Spiller & Burr revolver was one of the first Confederate-manufactured handguns. This one has an estimated value of $50,000.
---
Information from: WTVR-TV, http://www.wtvr.com/

Old 1/20/11, 01:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's pretty awesome. The museum of the confederacy is a cool place to go. If y'all are ever in the Richmond area definently go.
Old 1/20/11, 03:43 PM
Post *****

So is the US on the verge of some major breakthrough's? These 21st century tech leaps have wide application...
Nice to see a real return on decades of US' college education investment (rather than just the lib profs it seems to breed! )

Maybe we'll have V8's for a long time into the future after all - either by saving the oil for mobile vehicles or a leap in syn fuel technology too.

out of thin air:

Breakthrough Laser Could Revolutionize Navy's Weaponry

Published January 20, 2011 | FoxNews.com
body{margin:0;}img{border:none;}advertisement

The Navy has passed a major milestone in its quest to build an incredibly powerful new anti-aircraft gun.
Scientists with the Navy's Office of Naval Research have demonstrated a prototype system capable of producing from thin air the electrons needed to generate ultrapowerful, "megawatt-class" laser beams for the agency's next-generation system.
"The injector performed as we predicted all along," said Dinh Nguyen, senior project leader for the Free Electron Laser (FEL) program at the Los Alamos National Lab, N.M. "But until now, we didn't have the evidence to support our models. We were so happy to see our design, fabrication and testing efforts finally come to fruition."
He said the group is hoping to set a world record with the futuristic new weapon -- which could be the Holy Grail of military lasers.
FEL technology generates powerful laser beams by passing a stream of electrons -- those tiny, charged particles of matter -- through magnetic fields. Using electrons means avoiding the hassle of chemical fuels that are required for ordinary gas lasers, and bypassing the heating issue of electronic lasers.
FEL lasers can also be calibrated more specifically for anti-aircraft purposes, the Navy said, to adjust for precipitation, cloud cover, or humidity.
Quentin Saulter, FEL program manager for the Navy's research arm, said the implications of the FEL's progress are monumental. "This is a major leap forward for the program and for FEL technology throughout the Navy," Saulter said. "The fact that the team is nine months ahead of schedule provides us plenty of time to reach our goals by the end of 2011."
The research team hopes to have a full-power prototype by 2018, which would have the ability to instantly blast targets in the sky.
Navy ships have become vulnerable in modern times to supersonic missiles because of their slower defense systems, the agency worries. "The FEL is expected to provide future U.S. Naval forces with a near-instantaneous laser ship defense in any maritime environment throughout the world,” Saulter said.
Moreover, because future ships may very well use a form of electronic propulsion, there would be a readily available supply of electrons to power the raygun.
Originally invented by John Madey in 1976 at Stanford University, the project was picked up and pursued by the ONR in the 1980s -- and may finally become a reality.
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...al-power/print
out of sunlight:

New Reactor Harnesses Sun's Energy Like Plants

Published January 20, 2011 | FoxNews.com
body{margin:0;}img{border:none;}advertisement

Researchers have unveiled a prototype reactor which mimics plant life, turning the Sun’s energy to make hydrocarbon fuel.
Developed by a team of scientists from the United States and Switzerland, The solar device uses the Sun’s rays and the metal ceria, or cerium oxide, to break down water or carbon dioxide into energy which can be stored and transported.
Harnessing the power of the sun has been but a pipe dream as conventional solar panels must use the power they generate in situ. With the ceria fueled reactor, this issue is solved.
The scientists, which include Caltech professor Sossina M. Haile and Swiss Institute of Energy Technology professor Aldo Steinfeld, wanted to figure out a way to harness the sun efficiently, without incredibly rare materials. They decided on ceria, a relatively abundant “rare-earth” metal with very special properties.
The reactor takes advantage of ceria's ability to "exhale" oxygen from its crystalline framework at very high temperatures and then "inhale" oxygen back in at lower temperatures.
"What is special about the material is that it doesn't release all of the oxygen. That helps to leave the framework of the material intact as oxygen leaves," Haile explains. "When we cool it back down, the material's thermodynamically preferred state is to pull oxygen back into the structure."
Conceptually, the device has boundless potential with its ability to break down water into hydrogen fuel and oxygen or carbon dioxide into carbon monoxide and oxygen, key ingredients for the fuel cell component methanol. Because they are broken down thermochemically, the resulting fuel is easy to transport.
But the prototype is still in its infant stages and extremely inefficient, harnessing only 0.7% to 0.8% of the solar energy it absorbs with most lost through heat or re-radiation. The researchers are confident they can reach levels of around 20% which would make the device commercially viable.
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...e-plants/print
Old 1/20/11, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Have you guys heard about this?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
Old 1/20/11, 07:52 PM
Post *****

Hey NY Sean

Originally Posted by ford20
Have you guys heard about this?

Dunno yet, I'm saving it for breakfast.

Just saw the ad for the Mini (Countryman?). Kinda cool visuals.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/20/11 at 07:56 PM.
Old 1/20/11, 08:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Hey Charlie ... How goes it?
Old 1/20/11, 08:32 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Freezing here in minnesota! -8 (-20 wind chill) right now and it's still going down. I was all warmed up next to the fire place, but then my sister decided it was a good time to go on the treadmill. Fire went off, and the fans went on. I give up.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 1/20/11 at 08:33 PM.
Old 1/20/11, 08:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Freezing here in minnesota! -8 (-20 wind chill) right now and it's still going down. I was all warmed up next to the fire place, but then my sister decided it was a good time to go on the treadmill. Fire went off, and the fans went on. I give up.
Maybe you should get on the treadmill and work up a sweat instead of sitting by the heater like a woman.

Old 1/20/11, 08:38 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
There comes a point where you just can't move any more.

Plus I'm trying to work on homework.
Old 1/20/11, 08:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
There comes a point where you just can't move any more.

Plus I'm trying to work on homework.
Hahaha, I know what you mean. When it gets cold I can hardly get around. Stupid joint pain, back aches, arthritis, etc. Getting old sucks. I'd never make it all winter up there where you live, I'd be home bound. At least your sister would be there to keep me warm.
Old 1/20/11, 09:07 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Hahaha, I know what you mean. When it gets cold I can hardly get around. Stupid joint pain, back aches, arthritis, etc. Getting old sucks. I'd never make it all winter up there where you live, I'd be home bound. At least your sister would be there to keep me warm.
Getting Old? Getting Old? What do you know about getting old?

I saw 65 stangs in the show room, now that shows what getting old is.

TDS
Old 1/20/11, 09:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by TDS
Getting Old? Getting Old? What do you know about getting old?

I saw 65 stangs in the show room, now that shows what getting old is.

TDS
****! That must be a huge show room to be able to hold 65 Mustangs.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/20/11 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast