Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/11, 08:12 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
They said the ratings were down.
I'm confused. Auburn was 1, OR was 2, but now OR has a loss, so now TCU is #2. Isn't that how they figure it/vote for it?
Old 1/11/11, 08:15 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I'm confused. Auburn was 1, OR was 2, but now OR has a loss, so now TCU is #2. Isn't that how they figure it/vote for it?
I meant TV ratings. I didn't look at the final polls.
Old 1/11/11, 08:16 PM
Post *****

Congrats Nathan!
https://themustangsource.com/members/blue-notch-102472/

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/11/11 at 08:17 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 08:16 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh.

Well I remember they did say it was the largest crowd at Glendale.
Old 1/11/11, 08:20 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
That's cause TCU won. lol
Which btw, I heard tonight that TCU got promoted to #2.

Scott - OK, so in reviewing the tackle that wasn't a tackle, here's my question: If OR #99 would have fallen on top of the two already rollin' on the ground, would he have received a penalty?
On the film, he held back so as to not pile on.
Its getting to be such a fine line. You don't want to hit a guy too hard or pile on, but if his knee is an inch off the turf, you gotta bury him I guess. Is that right?

I tried to post a link to tonight's local news vid summary on it but its not up just yet.
The way I understand it, the ball isnt dead until the person in control of it has a knee on the ground acording to the NCAA. Id look it up in the rule book but im lazy tonight. Not sure on the penalty possibility of another OR defender.
Old 1/11/11, 08:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
They said the ratings were down. Well I know no one in my office watched it either because it was on satellite/cable instead of broadcast TV.

Major sports championships should be on broadcast TV. I know ESPN outbid Fox, but isn't ESPN owned by ABC? Put it on a real channel where more people can watch it.
Nobody under 60 watches network tv anymore. Seriously though, I can only think of a few shows that I watch that are on network tv, and those are on Fox. They have inundated their show's story lines and news casts with so much liberal bull**** that I can't stomach it long enough to watch a show that is mediocre at best.
Old 1/11/11, 08:24 PM
Post *****

My favorite is the blown call that was not overturned on replay during the Texas-USC championship at the Rose Bowl in 2006.

Both of Vince Young's knees were on the ground before he pitched the ball back to Selvin Young who scored a touchdown on the play. The refs didn't see it, and the replay booth never looked at it. Thank you Jesus!

It was a 1rst and 10 though. They would have scored on the next play anyway!

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/11/11 at 08:28 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 08:29 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Nobody under 60 watches network tv anymore. Seriously though, I can only think of a few shows that I watch that are on network tv, and those are on Fox. They have inundated their show's story lines and news casts with so much liberal bull**** that I can't stomach it long enough to watch a show that is mediocre at best.
I'm under 60. I watch it for sports. I also don't like ESPN. It's the MSNBC/CNN of sports broadcast. Very liberal.
Old 1/11/11, 08:32 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm under 60. I watch it for sports. I also don't like ESPN. It's the MSNBC/CNN of sports broadcast. Very liberal.
I don't watch sports, so there is nothing there for me. The only thing I watch on ESPN is racing.
Old 1/11/11, 08:37 PM
Post *****

Let me think about what I've watched on broadcast TV lately...

1. NFL football
2. College football
3. Local news
4. All of those syndicated reruns of Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens that follow the late local news
5. NASCAR (sometimes)
6. Wednesday night on ABC (The Middle, Cougar Town, etc.)
7. Thursday night on NBS (Community, The Office, etc.)

That's about it.
Old 1/11/11, 08:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The only things I watch on there are

1. Local news (they don't run those syndicated re-runs here since the news comes on at 11:00 and lead into the late shows)

2.NASCAR

3.American Idol (don't know about now though)

4.Hell's Kitchen

Can't think of anything else.
Old 1/11/11, 08:47 PM
Post *****

The only things I watch on there are

1. Local news (they don't run those syndicated re-runs here since the news comes on at 11:00 and lead into the late shows)

2.NASCAR

3.American Idol (don't know about now though)<--- Your vagina is showing!

4.Hell's Kitchen<---Yeah. Me too. Though not all of them. I really like his Kitchen Nightmares shows. Even the BBC ones.

Can't think of anything else.
Old 1/11/11, 08:50 PM
Post *****

I'm battling mice in the garage.

I hope they don't get into the R. I would die.
Old 1/11/11, 08:51 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whats up my peeps??
Old 1/11/11, 08:54 PM
Post *****

Hey Dirk Diggler!

How's it hanging dude?
Old 1/11/11, 08:57 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I hate those bastards. Luckily I haven't seen one (or any evidence of) since summer.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Whats up my peeps??
Hey Dirk!!
Old 1/11/11, 09:01 PM
Post *****

I hate those bastards. Luckily I haven't seen one (or any evidence of) since summer.

Hey Dirk!!
How is it I get mice in the garage or sometimes even the attic when it gets cold here, yet there it gets even colder and snows AND you lice in the sticks and you don't have them?

Do you leave poison out? A cat?

I don't like leaving poison out because I'm afraid the kids will touch it or worse try to eat it like candy. I put poison cubes out there night before last but I put it under a cabinet where I know the kids can't get to it. Yet those mice have moved the little poison cube almost 5 feet from where it originally was. So it could potentially end up right out in the open.

And traps just don't work here. Snap or glue. The mice jump over the glue traps and ignore the snap traps.
Old 1/11/11, 09:05 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Hey Dirk Diggler!

How's it hanging dude?
A little to the left right now

Well it is looking like I will be home for the whole month of April.

Also I took today off so I could get some alone time for myself. Other than that its not going to bad. We got no work right now due to all the Apaches having a buttload of flying hours left till I can get to work on them again. So it is prolly going to be acouple weeks till that happens.
Old 1/11/11, 09:06 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Corn fed, southern boys at their best!

But yeah on the field slipping, everyone was. I couldnt figure it out either since it was in a friggin DOME! Oh and why did they have aerial coverage of a domed game lol. What a waste of money. "Yup theres a game going on in there.." Most boring flight for the pilots ever.
That's the cool thing about that stadium, the field is on a massive platform they can slide out of the stadium to the parking lot. It's all real grass! Even less reason for them to slip that much, that was pretty messed up
Originally Posted by Scothew
The way I understand it, the ball isnt dead until the person in control of it has a knee on the ground acording to the NCAA. Id look it up in the rule book but im lazy tonight. Not sure on the penalty possibility of another OR defender.
Or a wrist. Found that out in a different ball game, alabama(or arkansas can't remember) guy rolls over a defender after catching the ball and goes to score a touchdown. But nope, turns out because he pushed up off the ground with his wrist, he was down. And by that I mean the back of his hand was on the ground and he used that part of the wrist. BS stuff. Going by that logic the pick that wasn't in the 1st Quarter by an Oregon DB should have been good

Drive more
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Whats up my peeps??
What's up dirk?? How's things out there? Hopefully quiet for your sake
Old 1/11/11, 09:07 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Hey Dirk Diggler!

How's it hanging dude?
How is it I get mice in the garage or sometimes even the attic when it gets cold here, yet there it gets even colder and snows AND you lice in the sticks and you don't have them?

Do you leave poison out? A cat?

I don't like leaving poison out because I'm afraid the kids will touch it or worse try to eat it like candy. I put poison cubes out there night before last but I put it under a cabinet where I know the kids can't get to it. Yet those mice have moved the little poison cube almost 5 feet from where it originally was. So it could potentially end up right out in the open.

And traps just don't work here. Snap or glue. The mice jump over the glue traps and ignore the snap traps.

I have had very good luck with using chunky peanut butter on the snap kind of traps. It seems they go for it every time.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast