Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/10, 10:13 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Gary, how'd you secure the subs in 7 when you had them in there? The one in the GT is coming loose, but I'm afraid of drilling into the floor.
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I drilled into the floor.

I secured them with L brackets from Lowe's. The brackets were about 3/4" wide and about 2" long both ways. It took two screws into the cabinets at all four corners and then two self tapping screws into the floor pan of teh car. I drilled pilot holes into the car and made sure first that there was nothing under where I was drilling, like a fuel line or wire.

I'll find a pic. If you don't mount them securely to the car they are very dangerous in an accident. I'd hate to have it come flying through the back seat and hurt you.
You guys make me seem so rednecked about it. I've got my box stuffed between my seat and dash board, it ain't movin', and my amp is under the seat, not moving... But then again I guess a mustang see's a few more lateral G's
Originally Posted by StangMahn
haha!

I'm not entirely sure why it's so much louder back there than in the front seats? Amps and Subs will be next winter's project for the trunk. For now I wanna get the Headunit, and some high SQ speakers. I'll have to shop around to find speakers then. I know which HU i'm going with
I don't know how high quality you're looking for, but my 6.5in Xplod co-ax door speakers are pretty dang clean sounding. Beat the 460 outta the water for the clarity of sound
I've had an epiphany on Seven. We are going in a slightly different direction now. Not sure if I want to tell you people or not. You probably won't like it. It involves some mods and some painting.

Keep the spoiler.
I understand. No offense taken. I know I've kind of painted myself in to a corner and all these other guys have the 'murdered out' cars and the flat black stripes are everywhere now.

I'm stuck with these wheels, but that's cool because I really, really like them. And unless I do a colored stripe I really don't have a way to add color. I could do something like the LS Boss but I'm not a fan of that either. Plus I don't want a copycat car either.

I would have liked some reflective red retro Boss stripes but thats not gonna happen now that Fords making a Boss.

I don't know how soon I am going to do it, or when I'll ever be able to afford it, but I am going to remove the spoiler off the back fro one thing. I really like the spoiler delete on the black Shelby GT's. And your car BTW. Minus the SHELBY letters of course. And I still want that cowl hood. But it was the paint treatment that I wanted to do that would be the most shocking.
Please keep a spoiler! The rear end looks so plain nekkid

OK. Picture this in your minds eye if you will.

Cervini 2.5" Cowl Hood with no pins

keeping the Bullitt front grille, smoked headlights, front markers, an the GT/CS front bumper

Add the Agent 47 brake ducts seen here ( I have these already in a box ready for install)

I've got the Brembos ready to go on the car as well to fill the front wheels

Remove all the stripes and the rear spoiler completely, but keep the side scoops and 1/4 window scoops.

Then, and this is the crazy part. Imagine a satin clearcoat on the entire hood, roof panel, and trunk lid. Not stripes, but basically I kind of flat black hood/roof/trunk thing. With the mods from above to make the car cleaner looking.

I can see it when I look at the car. I think it could work as long as it doesn't look overdone.
Skip the flat roof/trunk/hood... Or show me a picture of something like that to prove my thoughts are wrong!

And I think you should GT500 front end 7, with the cowl.
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'm so sick of people wanting to sue everybody for any little thing. I was listening to Handel on the law earlier (a legal advice radio show, with humor) and some guy called in about his car. He dropped a coin down between the seats, so he shoved his had under there to get it. When he did, something under there scratched the back of his hand and now he wants to sue Ford for pain and suffering.

Old 9/5/10, 11:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
This is gonna be an interesting year ... Rommates started playing baseball at 130 ... This version of baseball I think all of you would like, except for Diana since she doesnt really like beer lol
Old 9/5/10, 12:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Boy, you know that I only pick on you because I love you like I would a son of my own. I would also defend you in the same way if someone was being mean to you.

I think most people on this site feel the same way. Whether you realize it or not, these people truly care about you and will take up for you. They think you are a really special kid, and many wish their kids were like you. Just keep being yourself Nathan, you might actually inspire others and not even realize it.
Ya, there's definitely some good people in here.

I see you looking at this thread, even though you think you are invisible.
I was in bed an hour before this.
Old 9/5/10, 12:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
the TIDE is rolling
The DAWGS are probably doing community service. I think about a dozen of them have been arrested this year. Typical thugs, give them a golden ticket out of the ghetto for doing nothing more than chasing a ball around, and they wipe their *** with it.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/5/10 at 12:49 PM.
Old 9/5/10, 01:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The weather here is about as close to perfect as you can get. Low 80's, virtually no humidity, not a cloud in the sky, and light breeze blowing out of the northwest.
Old 9/5/10, 01:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It's nice like that here too! The hurricane came up the coast and left us with nice weather for the weekend!
Old 9/5/10, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm sure you seen it but Carrie Underwood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3bH...layer_embedded
Old 9/5/10, 02:45 PM

The weather here is about as close to perfect as you can get. Low 80's, virtually no humidity, not a cloud in the sky, and light breeze blowing out of the northwest.
68 and cloudy here. Smells like fall too. For my birthday: mid 60s with rain and wind. Just like it is every year.

Saw this driving by home depot and then again when we came out of target. Of course I had to be in my mom's car when he parked almost right next to us. It was a guy and his wife driving it. Also saw a blond driving a torch red mach 1...sorry no pics.
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-f6aa576b.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-413ec348.jpg  
Old 9/5/10, 02:50 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
68 and cloudy here. Smells like fall too. For my birthday: mid 60s with rain and wind. Just like it is every year.

Saw this driving by home depot and then again when we came out of target. Of course I had to be in my mom's car when he parked almost right next to us. It was a guy and his wife driving it. Also saw a blond driving a torch red mach 1...sorry no pics.
Did you invite them on here??
Old 9/5/10, 02:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I don't know whether I want to lay out some Porterhouses and fire up the grill, or say the heck with it and ride down the mountain to Cracker Barrel and get something.
Old 9/5/10, 02:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Well there were girls, so what do you think? They've got cooties you know, and they're icky.
Old 9/5/10, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I was gonna leave a card for a local website, but they came out of the store before I could.

I don't know whether I want to lay out some Porterhouses and fire up the grill, or say the heck with it and ride down the mountain to Cracker Barrel and get something.
I'm going out for mexican tonight since I'll be at the twins game for my bday. It sucks though, cause I'm getting sick all over again, and my throat is on fire.
Old 9/5/10, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Well there were girls, so what do you think? They've got cooties you know, and they're icky.

You really scared of girls that much Nathan?
Old 9/5/10, 02:56 PM

No, that's just Lee again. I have three sisters. How could I be afraid of girls?
Old 9/5/10, 03:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

No, that's just Lee again. I have three sisters. How could I be afraid of girls?
Easy ! they drve your car & guess what ? You gets to wash it always, & when it comes down to the last 3 cookies in the house they just beat you to it !
Old 9/5/10, 03:14 PM

My sister doesn't drive the GT down the dirt road. I convinced her long ago to take the other way where it's paved. The only thing she doesn't do is pay me for the gas she uses, but it's not like she ever drives it very far, so it's usually no big deal.
Old 9/5/10, 03:15 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Meh, too much trouble to cook, and I don't really fell like messing with it. I'm going to Cracker Barrel. Talk to you men later. You too Nathan.

Old 9/5/10, 03:16 PM

Later, grams.
Old 9/5/10, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

My sister doesn't drive the GT down the dirt road. I convinced her long ago to take the other way where it's paved. The only thing she doesn't do is pay me for the gas she uses, but it's not like she ever drives it very far, so it's usually no big deal.
But seriously why do you complain about it then , that's kinda what I remember & why I posted this lol It's all Good they love yah man !
Old 9/5/10, 03:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
It's been some time I've enjoyed a few good drinks. Guess that my alcohol tolerance has gone down as I've gotten older Have to buy one or two 12 packs before I start work again next Saturday

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast