Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/10, 12:08 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Hot pink?

Wow, nevermind, that was late.
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
We call that the sail panel BTW.
Noob. For long time Mustang folks, the sail panel was the area behind the quarter windows. Starting with the panels on the Saleen foxes.
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm not sure what's behind the kick panels. The stock amps are under the rear deck somehow apparently attached to the speakers? friggin PITA system!
Old 9/4/10, 12:09 AM
NTTAWWT

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Noob. For long time Mustang folks, the sail panel was the area behind the quarter windows. Starting with the panels on the Saleen foxes.
that added into the confusion, that's where I've normally heard the term "sail panel" as a reference to
Old 9/4/10, 12:11 AM
NTTAWWT

must.resist.urge.to.spend.gratuitous.amounts.money .on.sophia.
Old 9/4/10, 12:11 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
No offense Gary, but I wouldn't mind if you added some color/chrome to it. Not to be mean, but I think the all black look is played out, like flame jobs in the 70's, pro-street in the 80's, chameleon/flip flop paint in the 90's, and body kits and big wings in the 00's. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I think it has run its course and become too common.

I understand. No offense taken. I know I've kind of painted myself in to a corner and all these other guys have the 'murdered out' cars and the flat black stripes are everywhere now.

I'm stuck with these wheels, but that's cool because I really, really like them. And unless I do a colored stripe I really don't have a way to add color. I could do something like the LS Boss but I'm not a fan of that either. Plus I don't want a copycat car either.

I would have liked some reflective red retro Boss stripes but thats not gonna happen now that Fords making a Boss.

I don't know how soon I am going to do it, or when I'll ever be able to afford it, but I am going to remove the spoiler off the back fro one thing. I really like the spoiler delete on the black Shelby GT's. And your car BTW. Minus the SHELBY letters of course. And I still want that cowl hood. But it was the paint treatment that I wanted to do that would be the most shocking.
Old 9/4/10, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
so for the components, I need to mount my amp to hook up the non bass frequencies of the door speakers, right? Where do the crossovers go, and can I put the tweeters in the upper door panel where the backside of the mirror is?
You have the stock mach tweeters there don't you? I just ripped out the tweeters and mounted them in there. My crossovers are in the door, but that's cause I got lazy. They're under the dash in the notch.

Did you see the Kooks exhaust video I posted yesterday.

I'm really thinking very, very hard about doing it. I know what I said before about modding it, but I love that truck every bit as much as Seven and it needs some attention too.

I'm thinking CAI, tuner, headers, high flow catted y pipe, Magnaflow cat back, and a dyno tune ought to be good for about 80 rwhp.

These trucks usually put down about 310-320 rwhp and Hennesey (the crook) has dynos of about 395+ with those mods.
That's a lot!
btw, nathan, you've been found
I need to start using a fake name.
Old 9/4/10, 12:16 AM

I'm not sure what's behind the kick panels. The stock amps are under the rear deck somehow apparently attached to the speakers? friggin PITA system!
I know on the right side is the computer...

It is a very stupidly done system. Whoever designed it all was a moron.
must.resist.urge.to.spend.gratuitous.amounts.money .on.sophia.
Good luck!
Old 9/4/10, 12:19 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I know on the right side is the computer...

It is a very stupidly done system. Whoever designed it all was a moron.

Actually David the area I out them in was slightly higher than the kick panels. Closer to where the wires go through the body and into the doors.
Old 9/4/10, 12:21 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I understand. No offense taken. I know I've kind of painted myself in to a corner and all these other guys have the 'murdered out' cars and the flat black stripes are everywhere now.

I'm stuck with these wheels, but that's cool because I really, really like them. And unless I do a colored stripe I really don't have a way to add color. I could do something like the LS Boss but I'm not a fan of that either. Plus I don't want a copycat car either.

I would have liked some reflective red retro Boss stripes but thats not gonna happen now that Fords making a Boss.

I don't know how soon I am going to do it, or when I'll ever be able to afford it, but I am going to remove the spoiler off the back fro one thing. I really like the spoiler delete on the black Shelby GT's. And your car BTW. Minus the SHELBY letters of course. And I still want that cowl hood. But it was the paint treatment that I wanted to do that would be the most shocking.

TBH I would leave everything like it is, and put Tungsten super snake stripes on it over a cowl hood, with no spoiler. I like em' nekkid on the back.
Old 9/4/10, 12:23 AM
NTTAWWT

I'm going to have to get in there next time it cools down when I can really start planning my attack. I wanna do the HU/sirius/iPod install, dynamat, and speakers in one weekend. Shouldnt be too bad as long as I think it out a bit ahead of time. It'll be a great project for winterbreak.
Old 9/4/10, 12:24 AM
Post *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB12dqlY9vU
Old 9/4/10, 12:25 AM
NTTAWWT

oh yeah, almost forgot! I've been offered a position as a tutor of accounting at the University!

Last I heard, they get paid pretty well, it'll do me good to go back over my Freshmen stuff, and it'll be cool to teach the material. Plus I'll finally be able to quick my crappy job!
Old 9/4/10, 12:25 AM
Post *****

I'm going to have to get in there next time it cools down when I can really start planning my attack. I wanna do the HU/sirius/iPod install, dynamat, and speakers in one weekend. Shouldnt be too bad as long as I think it out a bit ahead of time. It'll be a great project for winterbreak.
Do yourself a favor and remove the seats. It's really easy to do and it makes life easier. You can run any wires you want and it's just easier. just make sure you have everything you need because you only want to do it once.
Old 9/4/10, 12:26 AM
NTTAWWT

Dude

If you have one, you have to do it.

Last edited by StangMahn; 9/4/10 at 12:27 AM.
Old 9/4/10, 12:27 AM
Post *****

In cab video with his wife. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvgMNvAi5rc
Old 9/4/10, 12:27 AM

Sometimes I forget you people don't have winter.
Old 9/4/10, 12:28 AM
NTTAWWT

seats are definitely coming out. I wanna give the carpet a good scrubbing as well.
Old 9/4/10, 12:29 AM
Post *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zr-IP3rHrw
Old 9/4/10, 12:29 AM

oh yeah, almost forgot! I've been offered a position as a tutor of accounting at the University!

Last I heard, they get paid pretty well, it'll do me good to go back over my Freshmen stuff, and it'll be cool to teach the material. Plus I'll finally be able to quick my crappy job!
Nice!

Do yourself a favor and remove the seats. It's really easy to do and it makes life easier. You can run any wires you want and it's just easier. just make sure you have everything you need because you only want to do it once.
I've done it so many times. Make sure you put big enough wire in the first time...

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast