Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/10, 12:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think it was CGI....yet still funny. I don't think a dolphin would bounce off of another one like that.haha

Edit: looked it up on youtube. looks legit.

Last edited by codeman94; 10/27/10 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10/27/10, 01:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
BTW, it sounds really good. I hate and refuse to eat store bought potato salad but love the home made variety.

If you have any left I can PM you my address and you can send me the left overs...

It's actually very good. I don't eat potato salad normally. It's a recipe from a bbq joint in Austin Texas called The County Line. Whenever we go to Austin we always eat there. I've been eating there since I was about 10. Anyway they posted their potato salad recipe in the Austin newspaper after getting a lot of requests and we happened to see it and copied it.

It's not particularly wet and theres not alot of mayo in it, its the sour cream that makes it good. That and its best after being in the fridge over night.

When I get home tonight I'll post the recipe here. It's not hard at all to make and totally worth it.
Old 10/27/10, 01:20 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Edit: looked it up on youtube. looks legit.
I live with stallions. I'd bet it was 2 bulls.
Old 10/27/10, 01:56 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It's actually very good. I don't eat potato salad normally. It's a recipe from a BBQ joint in Austin Texas called The County Line. Whenever we go to Austin we always eat there. I've been eating there since I was about 10. Anyway they posted their potato salad recipe in the Austin newspaper after getting a lot of requests and we happened to see it and copied it.

It's not particularly wet and theres not a lot of mayo in it, its the sour cream that makes it good. That and its best after being in the fridge over night.

When I get home tonight I'll post the recipe here. It's not hard at all to make and totally worth it.

Half way through reading your post I was thinking "I'm gonna PM Gary to get that recipe"
Old 10/27/10, 03:28 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
too bad they couldnt make it w/o the mayo. that's like the worst condiment in history!
Old 10/27/10, 03:31 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
too bad they couldnt make it w/o the mayo. that's like the worst condiment in history!
Can you believe some people like mayo sandwiches?

But this sounds like mostly sour cream.

Never tried this but here's a google substitute so you still add moisture and the ability to make a coating/mixture:

...known to dislike Mayo. She was asked how she would do tuna salad if she didn't like mayo and she said that she would replace it with [3 to 1] olive oil and lemon juice.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/27/10 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10/27/10, 05:46 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mike89
Here in Indiana we had several trees get blown over and tornado sirens going off right and left.
Had two trees come down in total and another one or two that went down along with the second one. Lots of branches down around too.
I can't eat sandwiches without mayo. Too much is nasty though. Ketchup...now that stuff it putrid.

Scarlet looks great Jill. Great pic!
Old 10/27/10, 05:51 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Lookin' good!

I forgot - are your corners clear or smoked?
Thank you. And they are clear

Half way through reading your post I was thinking "I'm gonna PM Gary to get that recipe"
+1

I love mayo...........gotta be Hellman's mayo though

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Had two trees come down in total and another one or two that went down along with the second one. Lots of branches down around too.

I can't eat sandwiches without mayo. Too much is nasty though. Ketchup...now that stuff it putrid.

Scarlet looks great Jill. Great pic!
Ketchup=good
mustard=

And thanks!
Old 10/27/10, 05:53 PM
Post *****

Ketchup...now that stuff it putrid.
Maybe you should switch to catsup.
Old 10/27/10, 06:12 PM

Pass.
Old 10/27/10, 06:12 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I love mayo...........gotta be Hellman's mayo though

Ketchup=good
mustard=
I use mayo lightly on some sandwiches, but don't eat ranch dressing cause there's so much mayo in it (50% hellmans, 50% buttermilk, add spice packet, whip it... whip it good!).

My preferences are:

Turkey san has mayo & sweet pickle relish. Maybe lettuce. Love turkey sandwiches! ALWAYS wheat/whole grain bread for all sandwiches - haven't eaten white bread since the 70's except I occasionally have sourdough (didn't know they even made white bread anymore till some previous posts LOL It sticks to the roof of your mouth and plugs your intestines.).

Don't really like mustard (I hate about everything with vinegar in it) but the sweet hot mustard lightly on a ham sandwich or brats is allowable.

BLT's have light mayo on one slice where the lettuce goes, peanut butter on the slice where the bacon goes. PB+B is awesome!! Usually don't add tomato unless its real and ripe.

Hamburgers on a bun with ketchup and sweet pickle relish ONLY. Or some bbq sauce on one bun. Maybe a slice of tomato if its ripe but that's only an occassional change from my regular way. I tell friends that look goofy at me "I want my burg on a bun and my salad in a bowl!" LOL And I need extra ketchup on the plate for dipping sauce. hahaha

Hot dogs on a bun with ketchup and sweet pickle relish ONLY. No mustardo.

Hash browns and eggs need ketchup! Ditto tater tots. So does breaded fish/catfish fillets.

Nathan, do you not like pizza either? Cause ketchup is simply tomato sauce with sugar added.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/27/10 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10/27/10, 06:21 PM

I LOVE pizza. But pizza is spicy and ketchup is sweet. I will eat it on a few things. It tastes really good when you put a little inside the omelet with all the other stuff, and once in a while on fries, but otherwise it's just plain nasty. I just don't like to mix sweet with spicy. I know a restaurant around here that I went to several years ago that put brown sugar on a hamburger. Now that's a sin!
Old 10/27/10, 06:24 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
catsup belongs on bologna biscuits .. mustard belongs on sausage biscuits .. mayonaise belongs fried tater biscuits
Old 10/27/10, 06:31 PM
Post *****

I LOVE pizza. But pizza is spicy and ketchup is sweet. I will eat it on a few things. It tastes really good when you put a little inside the omelet with all the other stuff, and once in a while on fries, but otherwise it's just plain nasty. I just don't like to mix sweet with spicy. I know a restaurant around here that I went to several years ago that put brown sugar on a hamburger. Now that's a sin!
One 'secret' to a good homemade meat sauce or pizza sauce is a dash of sugar and a pinch of baking soda to neutralize the acid. Course the commercial sauces tend to add too much sugar.

The combo I like is sweet and hot. I mean I like sweet and sour sauce on shrimp etc., but I'd prefer the mix of sweet and some heat.

Originally Posted by HOSS429
catsup belongs on bologna biscuits .. mustard belongs on sausage biscuits .. mayonaise belongs fried tater biscuits

PS: I'm investing in biscuits... I can't lose!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/27/10 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10/27/10, 06:34 PM

When I make pizza, I use some sort of pizza sauce we get at target. Can't remember what exactly. My sister used to a add little sugar too it with a little garlic power, but the sugar made it just plain nasty!
Old 10/27/10, 06:53 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
a, but the sugar made it just plain nasty!
pizza dont need to be sweet
Old 10/27/10, 07:05 PM
Post *****

I buy these big #10 tins of tomato sauce and tomato paste. Cheap and pure tomato. So pure tomato by itself needs a bit otherwise its too strong and slightly bitter. Plus your typical herbs and spices.
Like they say, if you can taste the herb or spice (or sugar) you've added too much.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/28/10 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10/27/10, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Don't diss the mayo or the ketchup Mixed together they make a really good dip for chicken nuggets or strips
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Hot for teacher...

Just an FYI that you actually waste more fuel with the windows down, I think it was a Myth Busters thing. You get better fuel mileage with the windows up and the A/C on.

I vote person #2
On the HW it's true, but in stop & go traffic it's another story (the type of traffic I mostly deal with ). When on the HW I roll the windows up so the wind doesn't enter the car.
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I vote person #2

We were under a tornado watch last night and now we are again today

That's good

Went on a mustang cruise on sunday. Lots of pics, but no time to post right now. I'll just leave you with my favorite

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Old 10/27/10, 07:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
County Line BBQ Potato Salad

I have halved the recipe from its original amounts. It will still make 12 servings.

3 pounds Idaho potatoes
1 medium yellow onion finely chopped (the onion will be raw so you want a mild onion)
3-4 ribs of celery finely chopped
8 ounces dill pickle relish
12 ounces of sour cream
6 ounces of mayonnaise
1 heaping tablespoon of coarse ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon of celery salt
1/2 tablespoon if salt, to taste

Garnishes:
Paprika sprinkle and parsley sprigs

Put unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of salted cold water; bring to a boil and cook until tender throughout, about 25 minutes. Test by inserting knife into a potato. Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow potatoes to cool. Carefully peel potatoes and cut in 3/4" cubes; set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, blend together onions, celery, relish, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, garlic salt, celery salt, and salt. Add cubes of potatoes and mix gently.

Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Overnight if possible.

Dust with paprika and garnish with a sprig of parsley for each serving.

I promise you this will not taste mayonnaisey. It is very refreshing served ice cold.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 10/27/10 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10/27/10, 07:52 PM

Now I want potato salad and a good cheeseburger. Stupid winter hot dishes and roasts.

Maybe I'll have one last taste of summer sunday since it's my day to cook. Halloween, but I don't care.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast