Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/10, 08:17 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry Gary, 7 is so horrible. You really need to just get rid of it, I'll take it from you to save you the pain of seeing and driving it.
Old 1/20/10, 09:55 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well I priced wheels and tires last night. 20's are expensive. At least high performance summer tires are and I don't need all seasons for a car that never sees rain. The wheels and tires would set me back $2,200.00

The hood is definitely next. This other stuff can wait if it ever gets done at all. That's just ridiculous. I put the 18's on with wheels and tires for like $1,400. So considering price, everything looks great to me as is. If anything I'll burn a little rubber on the rear wheels and go with a slightly taller tire. If my rear tire was taller I'd be perfectly happy. Looking at it with my eye I can tell its about an 1/8" smaller in diameter. I know it sounds crazy but its true, and any muscle car should have a taller rear tire than the front no matter what. I'd like a 295/40/18 or a 275/45/18.

I'm also thinking of putting the other set of springs in the rear that would raise the rear about 1/2" which would also look better to me. I need a little more rake in the car again. They're just laying in the attic anyway.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/20/10 at 09:56 AM.
Old 1/20/10, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
? Gary join date Oct 2007. ?
Old 1/20/10, 02:20 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
What's everyone's honest opinion on the fuel door and rear emblem. I'm not diggin the two tone anymore. I think I'd like to go all black. I could sell these or keep them if I change my mind.
I say go all black on the fuel doors, but leave the old style GT emblem. It's a great looking piece
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
My hood is vented in the back, but I still have some problems with it at "higher" speeds. I don't want hood pins though. They wouldn't look right on the notch.
Notch... Higher speeds...

Well I guess that decides it then...

Cervini 2.5" cowl hood with flat black stripes and no pins to start out with
20" Foose Legend black wheels with machined lip
Saleen big brake kit on front, and powder coat the rear calipers to match (black)
Change the fuel door to all black

Last thing...I think I'm ready to remove the side stripe too. I don't like it anymore either.
I agree with the whole list, but leave the side stripe! It's a very subtle alert to people that it's not your run of the mill GT, and besides, I always liked those stripes
Old 1/20/10, 03:49 PM
Post *****

I don't have any money right now anyway, so it's all just a pipe dream right now. I blew my wad on the Fox and now I've got some saving to do again. Between Christmas and property taxes my extra money is tapped out. Gotta rebuild the funds.
Old 1/20/10, 03:58 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
A black super stripe would not be the same. I think somebody makes some hidden pins that only go on the underside or something. You actually see nothing from above.

In all honestly I never cared for the hood pins. It was a must have for keeping the hood on the car. I've always thought they looked like giant steel nipples on the car.

I'd go with that Kaenan hood in a second were it not for the stripes.

And my thoughts exactly on the fuel door. I think I'll be ordering one soon.
I hate superstripes. They look ok on some cars, but I'd never put one on mine.

I saw a thread about the hidden pins for the S197s a few months ago. No one makes them for foxes though.

Well I guess that decides it then...

Cervini 2.5" cowl hood with flat black stripes and no pins to start out with
20" Foose Legend black wheels with machined lip
Saleen big brake kit on front, and powder coat the rear calipers to match (black)
Change the fuel door to all black

Last thing...I think I'm ready to remove the side stripe too. I don't like it anymore either.
I told you you weren't finished.
Originally Posted by Knight
Sorry Gary, 7 is so horrible. You really need to just get rid of it, I'll take it from you to save you the pain of seeing and driving it.

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210

Notch... Higher speeds...
I used quotation marks for a reason.

I don't have any money right now anyway, so it's all just a pipe dream right now. I blew my wad on the Fox and now I've got some saving to do again. Between Christmas and property taxes my extra money is tapped out. Gotta rebuild the funds.
I'm in the same boat. No money for a while.

My last class thankfully got out an hour early today! So exhausted. You'd think with 80k people around, the U might be an exciting place, but it's extremely boring.
Old 1/20/10, 04:01 PM

Maybe you just need to assert yourself!

Or is it 80k people who all wanna be left alone?
Old 1/20/10, 04:04 PM
Post *****

80k Canadians sounds pretty boring to me too.

No offense Ed.
Old 1/20/10, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Maybe you just need to assert yourself!

Or is it 80k people who all wanna be left alone?
People hiding in their computers, rushing to class, talking on the phone. Not like you can just walk up to someone and start talking. It'd be extremely awkward.

80k Canadians sounds pretty boring to me too.

No offense Ed.
There's people there from all over the world. Texas included.
Old 1/20/10, 04:26 PM

Freezing rain and snow tomorrow morning. That'll be a fun commute.
Old 1/20/10, 04:30 PM

People hiding in their computers, rushing to class, talking on the phone. Not like you can just walk up to someone and start talking. It'd be extremely awkward.
I know the feeling. I've made very few friends from actually walking up to someone. It's all happened where we just happened to be sitting near each other somewhere and started talking
Old 1/20/10, 04:35 PM

College is NOTHING like high school. You need to get involved in stuff, and it's not really something I do much.
Old 1/20/10, 04:42 PM

College is NOTHING like high school. You need to get involved in stuff, and it's not really something I do much.
I'm in band, football, guitar last year, got a weightlifting class... I'm pretty involved for someone who can't be bothered to get involved lol
Old 1/20/10, 04:58 PM

I'm anti-social.
Old 1/20/10, 05:14 PM
Post *****

Nathan-Find the hottest chic in school and start talking to her. She's probably lonely becuase all she does is text her girlfriends. The hottest chicks never get asked out because everyone is afraid to. The worst you could do is strike out. Maybe you become friends and start hitting on her friends and she helps you out. There are so many possibilities. I know you won't do it, so I triple dog dare you to do it. If you don't you're a pu***!!!
Old 1/20/10, 05:17 PM

Nathan-Find the hottest chic in school and start talking to her. She's probably lonely becuase all she does is text her girlfriends. The hottest chicks never get asked out because everyone is afraid to. The worst you could do is strike out. Maybe you become friends and start hitting on her friends and she helps you out. There are so many possibilities. I know you won't do it, so I triple dog dare you to do it. If you don't you're a pu***!!!

Got my sister to get on my dad's case about this.
Old 1/20/10, 05:31 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that's the main reason I like going to a smaller school, lot easier to meet people and make friends

and a car should definitely have a rake to it!
Old 1/20/10, 05:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

I'm beginning to think he doesn't like girls. Maybe he should ask a nice boy out, 80,000 college kids there are sure to be plenty that would be up for it. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Seriously Nathan, just talk to people. Whats the worst that can happen? They don't talk back? Big effing deal, talk to someone else. Hell, you might start a new trend. People actually talking to people instead of staggering around like drooling window lickers while punching buttons on a cell phone until carpal tunnel sets in on their thumbs.

You may find this hard to believe, but when I was your age we had actual conversations with other human beings, and engaged in physical contact with each other.......even REAL sex instead of cybersex with some person you never met who may or may not be a hairy, 400lb 61 year old dude typing from his air mattress in the back of a Ford cargo van.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/20/10 at 06:06 PM.
Old 1/20/10, 06:20 PM
Post *****

I love my life. All of it. I wouldn't change a thing, but...

Oh the things I would do different knowing what I know now. I'd still marry my wife without a doubt, but I would be so much smarter with the bad decisions I made. Plus I would talk to A LOT more girls. And by talk I mean...
Old 1/20/10, 06:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Sup peeps
Been pretty busy these past days. On Sunday I was helping my friend tear apart his chevy v8 to get the crankshaft to a machine shop to fix the threads of the harmonic balancer bolt To our surprise, the rod bearings were a little scored, but still with enough material left in them and the crank was ground once to .010" and it already had .040 oversised flat top pistons, no wonder it pulled so hard He was told to better buy a new crank instead of fixing his, since it would be a lot cheaper. I've been looking online and I've found good prices, but due to the fact we're overseas, the S & H would suck for such a heavy part, so we'll check on the local places to see what deals we can find.

The rest of the week went with the usual work stuff and hanging out with the gf

So, what's happened with you guys/gals these week?

Last edited by edumspeed; 1/20/10 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast