GT

2015 Gt premium squealing front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/14, 03:00 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Aquillies
I've been monitoring this site for the last month or so. I finally decided to make an account so I can speak up on this as well.

I took my 15 GT in this morning, at first the service technicians said that there was no squealing, and they couldn't do anything. When they brought the car back up for me, it squealed loud enough, for every one on their sales floor & service area to here. Two of the service advisors came rushing out. They called they tech back, and with a quick test we were able to replicate the issue for them to hear.

As of right now, they are putting new Pads on. But as I've read above, I don't believe that will work. Thought it was best to get it in now before the miles racked up to much.

Note as well. Mine is just the GT not the premium, and I know the brakes are different. But the same issue is happening.

I'll let you guys know how the result turns out with this scenario. Just glad it happened here for the Techs & Advisors to notice.
Originally Posted by GERMAINERWILLIAMS
I've had my 2015 for a month and as similarly stated, slow parking lot speeds and pulling out of driveway every morning to the loudest most embarrassing squeals. The dealership finally replaced pads and resurfaces rotors today. My fingers are crossed as this is the second issue I've had with this car.
I’m happy to get this escalated for you guys as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by kelly1979
My dealership ended up putting new rotors on as well as the pads. So far so good. Still gonna swap the pads out to aftermarket as soon as I can find someone that sells them.
Thanks for the update, kelly1979!

Deysha
Old 12/30/14, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I seem to have come to the right place. Bought my wife the 50th GT for Christmas and this evening she said the brakes were squealing as she leaves work. I told her lets search online to see if anyone else is having the same issue and... Whoa-la!!!... This forum comes up. Great discussion and will show it to my dealership when I take it in. Thanks for the info and I'll report back what NC Ford dealers have to say.
Old 12/31/14, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15 mustang 5.0 Premium with squealing breaks

I too am having the same issue and the dealership keeps telling me it's normal and sending me away. I didn't pay $40K for a car for people to have to cover their ears when I pull up and hit the breaks. This is totally embarrassing!! I've had the car about a month now and it keeps getting worse. I am not happy at all. I've owned a mustang before and never had these issues before. I just want my brakes fixed so that I can drive y car without being embarrassed to brake. Is that too much to ask?!
Old 12/31/14, 04:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MrsThomas
I too am having the same issue and the dealership keeps telling me it's normal and sending me away. I didn't pay $40K for a car for people to have to cover their ears when I pull up and hit the breaks. This is totally embarrassing!! I've had the car about a month now and it keeps getting worse. I am not happy at all. I've owned a mustang before and never had these issues before. I just want my brakes fixed so that I can drive y car without being embarrassed to brake. Is that too much to ask?!
Is there another dealer you can go to?
Old 12/31/14, 07:08 PM

I have had the same issue and the dealership has swapped over the rotors, calipers and other minor tasks with no luck. The dealership has opened a case with Ford engineering who has admitted there is some issue and are working to resolve it. No word yet on what the problem is, but if you are having a problem, make sure you work with your dealership to get a case opened with Ford engineering so we can try and get this solved.
Old 1/1/15, 09:35 AM

That's the dealership I purchased the vehicle from and the warranty
Old 1/1/15, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Aquillies
As of right now, they are putting new Pads on. But as I've read above, I don't believe that will work. Thought it was best to get it in now before the miles racked up to much.

Note as well. Mine is just the GT not the premium, and I know the brakes are different. But the same issue is happening.
FYI - The base GT and GT Premium are 100% identical brakes, only the GT w/Performance Package has different brakes.

The base and Premium EcoBoost Mustang model have the same Ford 13" 2-piston brakes, while any EcoBoost with the Performance Package gets the Ford 4-piston GT brakes, while any GT model with the Performance Package gets the 15" 6-Piston Brembo brakes.

Last edited by kn7671; 1/1/15 at 12:31 PM.
Old 1/2/15, 08:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 50thGT5.0
Well I seem to have come to the right place. Bought my wife the 50th GT for Christmas and this evening she said the brakes were squealing as she leaves work. I told her lets search online to see if anyone else is having the same issue and... Whoa-la!!!... This forum comes up. Great discussion and will show it to my dealership when I take it in. Thanks for the info and I'll report back what NC Ford dealers have to say.
Welcome to the forum, 50thGT5.0! Be sure to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this for you as well.

Originally Posted by MrsThomas
Thank you for the PM, MrsThomas! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 1/3/15, 11:03 PM

Here is the fix (as of now), test out the speed and brake test. Get it up to 130 and stop as fast and hard as you comfortably can, the brakes will smell like when you first got it. Hasn't made a noise since then.
Old 1/4/15, 10:20 AM
GT Member

I feel for you guys with squealing brakes. One of my Toyota's does it bad. Swapped pads and still squeals. I never hope to have this issue with my Mustang. Never have with any of my Fords so I don't expect a problem with mine. Also it's a PP so I don't think anyone with 15 inch rotors has reported it yet.
Old 1/4/15, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

For everyone having issues with squealing brakes. The problem is with the rotors.
I'm sure this will become a headache for Ford, since a lot of people seem to be having this issue.

Going fast and stopping quick may break in the pads. But won't do anything for the rotors.

I actually had the same issue on my 2013 with the cheap PowerStop break kit from AM.
After a day on the track they started squealing.
Breaking hard was always better then breaking softly when on the street.
When pulling up to lights I tried to stop quickly, otherwise it got really loud and annoying.

I tried all kinds of pads to resolve the issue, carbon, ceramic, metallic. Nothing helped.
So I put my stock rotors back on...and the noise was gone immediately.
Didn't matter which pads I used.

The one thing that could help (if ford is ignoring the issue)...have them resurface the rotors on a resurfacing machine. This will put groves in the rotors and remove the smooth surfaces that are causing the squealing.

Either then that Ford will have to use a different steal formula for the rotors they are currently using. Maybe less carbon content.
Old 1/4/15, 04:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
For everyone having issues with squealing brakes. The problem is with the rotors. I'm sure this will become a headache for Ford, since a lot of people seem to be having this issue. Going fast and stopping quick may break in the pads. But won't do anything for the rotors. I actually had the same issue on my 2013 with the cheap PowerStop break kit from AM. After a day on the track they started squealing. Breaking hard was always better then breaking softly when on the street. When pulling up to lights I tried to stop quickly, otherwise it got really loud and annoying. I tried all kinds of pads to resolve the issue, carbon, ceramic, metallic. Nothing helped. So I put my stock rotors back on...and the noise was gone immediately. Didn't matter which pads I used. The one thing that could help (if ford is ignoring the issue)...have them resurface the rotors on a resurfacing machine. This will put groves in the rotors and remove the smooth surfaces that are causing the squealing. Either then that Ford will have to use a different steal formula for the rotors they are currently using. Maybe less carbon content.
Has there been any reports of squealing in GT with PP (Brembos)?
Old 1/4/15, 07:26 PM

@cannonballer, my dealership replaced my rotors and I've put about 300 miles since. No squealing as of yet so if it continues I'd say you're right. With mass production of these things I'd say a lot of people will be ticked off after they put a few miles on their 15's. Mine seems to be fixed for the time being. Knock on wood.
Old 1/4/15, 10:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by guitar
Has there been any reports of squealing in GT with PP (Brembos)?
I have seen zero complaints of folks with the PP. I have it and have 1200 miles and have zero noise.
Old 1/4/15, 11:07 PM
GT Member

Not many miles but no sign of noise on mine.
Old 1/5/15, 04:24 AM

Gt with PP and 5,200 miles. No noises and no problems.
Old 1/5/15, 05:15 PM

I have the GT premium and am having the issue :-/
Old 1/5/15, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

2015 GT w/PP, 600-miles, ZERO noises, just fantastic braking.
Old 1/6/15, 10:30 PM

Yes, I am experiencing this issue with my GT Premium, purchased 11/21/14, which now has >2200 miles on it. First happened when the engine was cold, and progressed to pretty much whenever I come to a slow stop - but not every time, and never in reverse. The noise comes from the front driver's side with very minimal pedal pressure. Took it in 12/26 to get fixed. Luckily a day or two prior to the appointment (just after a midnight cruise ) I was able to capture the problem on video because (of course) the mechanic was unable to replicate it. I told the mechanic I would be fine with paying for an upgraded pad but was advised against it. The work order stated the pads were 'defective', were replaced, and the rotors turned. Two days later the problem returned. Surely another set of 'defective' pads wasn't installed?

I do a google search regularly as more folks buy these and hope others will speak up. I am really glad to see I am not the only one experiencing it. I will probably bring it in for repair one more time when it gets to where I can't take it anymore (the horrible noise and/or embarrassment of sounding like a UPS truck coming to a stop). I don't want to waste a lot of my downtime on this, so I hope Ford publicly addresses the issue soon.

Last edited by klumpikat; 1/10/15 at 08:50 PM.
Old 1/7/15, 04:24 PM

Hello! I searched this problem and I came across this thread. I purchased my car back in October and a few weeks later I started to hear the same loud noise. I took it in to my local Ford service dept. and they looked at me crazy. The kept the car for 2 days and then said that whoever detailed my car when I purchased it must have sprayed some wax on my rotors. They resurfaced the rotors and the noise was not as noticeable. A week later it was back louder than before. I took it back to the same dealership and they "could not replicate the noise". As the service rep was driving my car back to me, the noise was loud and clear.

Last edited by BigTitan21; 1/12/15 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Gt premium squealing front brakes