2012-2013 BOSS 302

The Greatnest of the Boss 302 LS

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/11, 04:05 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I wish we could turn it sideways and fit it some where else..

hmmmm.. I was going to say something but then didnt.

anywho.. The boss has much much more in common with a GT then the gt500 has in common with either.

Also.. you could drop 2k-4k on ford racing parts and have a 29k GT that is amazing on the track. Same could be said for the boss. We need to remember that adding parts in the past is part of what made ford racing and the mustang so great.
I hate to **** anyone off (alright, I don't really care to hahaha) but I think the Boss guys are in for a rude awakening. Sure, if you break it down to semantics the Boss is an awesome car. For that matter, I think it is anyway (just not my cup of tea).

But what I see the Boss guys post makes me laugh. Its as if they think that this car was built by Jesus himself. I know that they realize in the back of their minds (at least I hope so) that a few aftermarket suspension tweaks and tires on a base GT will leave them far behind even on a road course. I'd go as far to say that a last gen 300 hp GT with some suspension and brakes would smoke their ****. Like this for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuIMB0JXpc

Any Bosses keeping up with or passing a Z06 on a road course? Not that I know of, but then again the Boss was built by Jesus so maybe its happening.

Look, the Boss is a great car, for certain people. Just not for me. If it was, I would buy one, its not a matter of envy, lack of money, or whatever else these guys like to throw out there. But at the same time, its not something to obsess over. Its a freaking Mustang, just like the GT500. A few tweaks and a good driver can smoke your ***. I don't doubt that a good driver with some suspension tweaks in a v-6 could smoke the *** of an average Boss driver. Get over it. Its a great car, but at the end of the day stock, its just a Mustang.

I don't have any delusions of grandeur about my 500. Do I love it? Yes. Do I think its the baddest thing on the road? No. Hell, there is a SRT-4 Dodge Neon less than 10 miles from here that can hand me my ***, put bus lengths on my 500. Am I going to get pissed off and indignant about it, and make excuses? No. It is what it is.

You Boss guys could take a page from that book and lighten up. You've got a great car, but its not the holy grail. At some point, you're going to hit the track and a guy in a WRX or an EVO, or a hot little 370Z is going to hand you your ***. Get ready for it, because the way you guys act so far, I don't think you'll survive something like that.
Old 10/15/11, 05:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I hate to **** anyone off (alright, I don't really care to hahaha) but I think the Boss guys are in for a rude awakening. Sure, if you break it down to semantics the Boss is an awesome car. For that matter, I think it is anyway (just not my cup of tea).

But what I see the Boss guys post makes me laugh. Its as if they think that this car was built by Jesus himself. I know that they realize in the back of their minds (at least I hope so) that a few aftermarket suspension tweaks and tires on a base GT will leave them far behind even on a road course. I'd go as far to say that a last gen 300 hp GT with some suspension and brakes would smoke their ****. Like this for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuIMB0JXpc

Any Bosses keeping up with or passing a Z06 on a road course? Not that I know of, but then again the Boss was built by Jesus so maybe its happening.

Look, the Boss is a great car, for certain people. Just not for me. If it was, I would buy one, its not a matter of envy, lack of money, or whatever else these guys like to throw out there. But at the same time, its not something to obsess over. Its a freaking Mustang, just like the GT500. A few tweaks and a good driver can smoke your ***. I don't doubt that a good driver with some suspension tweaks in a v-6 could smoke the *** of an average Boss driver. Get over it. Its a great car, but at the end of the day stock, its just a Mustang.

I don't have any delusions of grandeur about my 500. Do I love it? Yes. Do I think its the baddest thing on the road? No. Hell, there is a SRT-4 Dodge Neon less than 10 miles from here that can hand me my ***, put bus lengths on my 500. Am I going to get pissed off and indignant about it, and make excuses? No. It is what it is.

You Boss guys could take a page from that book and lighten up. You've got a great car, but its not the holy grail. At some point, you're going to hit the track and a guy in a WRX or an EVO, or a hot little 370Z is going to hand you your ***. Get ready for it, because the way you guys act so far, I don't think you'll survive something like that.
All that talk about tweaks here and there are great..... but my comments were based on stock vs stock. Now your talking tweaked GT and V6 vs stock Boss. Your probably right that it would be a better race that the Boss may NOT always win. But then to be fair how would they compare tweaked vs tweaked?? See...we could play the "what if" came all day and it doesn't mean crap...
Old 10/15/11, 05:52 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

All that talk about tweaks here and there are great..... but my comments were based on stock vs stock. Now your talking tweaked GT and V6 vs stock Boss. Your probably right that it would be a better race that the Boss may NOT always win. But then to be fair how would they compare tweaked vs tweaked?? See...we could play the "what if" came all day and it doesn't mean crap...
It's a matter of dollar$. Built GT to beat a Boss on the track and in the pocket. Stock Boss is impressive on a road course. No doubt about that (for stock). For about $5k more than a Boss, the Shelby power will kill it on a drag strip. Then again, about $10k less than both, a GT can be built to take both races (road course and strip). It just depends what you are into and what kind of budget you have.
Old 10/15/11, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Often do you find a stock mustang? Id go out on a limb and say maybe two out of every ten mustang you see on the road are stock. Id like to see how the non laguna seca Boss would do against the GT and GT500. Comparing the Laguna to the others is not a fair comparison since it comes from the factory with R compounds.

http://www.carinsurancecompanies.net...modified-cars/
Old 10/15/11, 12:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mikes5.0
How Often do you find a stock mustang? Id go out on a limb and say maybe two out of every ten mustang you see on the road are stock. Id like to see how the non laguna seca Boss would do against the GT and GT500. Comparing the Laguna to the others is not a fair comparison since it comes from the factory with R compounds.

http://www.carinsurancecompanies.net...modified-cars/
What's your point about how many mustangs are stock or not? The orginal comment made was that the base GT was close to being a Boss 302. It's not. I am not talking bad about anyone who owns a baase GT. people buy what they buy for their own reasons. just don't claim it's as good or close to being a Boss 302. Ask several of the guys here that track there regular Boss 302 cars at the track if they have been beaten by stock base GTs or stock GT500 cars.

Are we talking Street Edition (standard Boss) compared to stock Gt500 and GT? Are we talking drag strip or auto-x track? I have seen several stock Boss vs stock GT 1/4 mile races where the Boss has won. I have even seen a few GT500s lose to Boss as well. I still contribute those to driver mod deficiency. I have also seen modified GTs beat the same Boss I have seen win... not by much. So again stock for stock... Boss beats the GT
Old 10/15/11, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone can build anything to beat anything for the right price, it's how good your car looks when you're not racing.
Old 10/15/11, 12:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Anyone can build anything to beat anything for the right price, it's how good your car looks when you're not racing.
See GT500 and Boss owners DO think alike
Old 10/15/11, 12:26 PM

It's supposed to. But it's still not far from your boss. The boss engine makes the difference but not by a whole lot. The forged internals will hold up better for high rpm track racing a with a few more coyote tricks under hood. Not bad and the forged part it worth it.

Most people that buy GT's instead of a Boss or Shelby are buying what they are willing or able to spend on a stang. I won't pay $45-50k on a mustang. But that's just me. I would be willing to shell out $30k and slowly put another 5 or so in it. Or just buy used. But I'm a cheap sob.
The deal is, the boss is a great car, but no Ferrari. And it is somewhere between the GT and the Shelby. You guys have nice MUSTANGS. period.
Old 10/15/11, 12:28 PM

See GT500 and Boss owners DO think alike
But the Boss is fugly.
Old 10/15/11, 12:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's supposed to. But it's still not far from your boss. The boss engine makes the difference but not by a whole lot. The forged internals will hold up better for high rpm track racing a with a few more coyote tricks under hood. Not bad and the forged part it worth it.

Most people that buy GT's instead of a Boss or Shelby are buying what they are willing or able to spend on a stang. I won't pay $45-50k on a mustang. But that's just me. I would be willing to shell out $30k and slowly put another 5 or so in it. Or just buy used. But I'm a cheap sob.
The deal is, the boss is a great car, but no Ferrari. And it is somewhere between the GT and the Shelby. You guys have nice MUSTANGS. period.
Again dude, your not getting any argument from me except when I keep hearing about how a GT can beat a Boss....not stock for stock is all I'm saying... unless the driver mod really sucks.

I have seen a 2011 V6 auto modified beat a 2011 GT500 that was stock.... driver mod!!
Old 10/15/11, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

But the Boss is fugly.
oh yeah...well I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!!!
Old 10/15/11, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

Ok im gonna chime in, i think all 3 cars are awesome, personally im not a boss fan, i think what ford/shelby has done with the gt500 is amazing!!! I agree with alscobra, its your personal preference and what your willing to spend! I still think the gt500 is the king, jus sayin!!! Ha ha ha
Old 10/15/11, 12:39 PM

oh yeah...well I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!!!
I'm just kidding about the Boss kinda. Get rid of the stripes and the snow plow under your front bumper, and it's not that bad looking.
Old 10/15/11, 12:48 PM
Banned

I'm just kidding about the Boss kinda. Get rid of the stripes and the snow plow under your front bumper, and it's not that bad looking.
The color combos and "where" they decided to color are definitely not my style.
Old 10/15/11, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

This thread...
Old 10/15/11, 01:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
We do. And if we did. This thread would be a sticky.
LoL
Old 10/15/11, 01:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the Boss because a) always loved the original and b) because it is the best Factory Mustang built. 'nuff said.
Old 10/15/11, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
b) because it is the best Factory Mustang built.
:disagree:

Best for what?

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 10/15/11 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10/15/11, 02:05 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I like the stock snow plow on the Boss (but not the LS track splitter). I would like a different rear spoiler.
Old 10/15/11, 04:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

ok ok ok

most peopleare still missing the point. The BOSS is a mustang. All the parts that go on a mustang can go on a boss. The same ford racing handling package goes on both and the same with all the other parts.

like I said before.. the boss and GT are closer then the gt500 and the boss/gt.

Quick Reply: The Greatnest of the Boss 302 LS