Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

The Greatnest of the Boss 302 LS

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/11, 09:04 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GT500s and BOSSes suck!!

It's all about unmodded GT's with no performance options.

Anyone who disagrees is an idiot!
Old 10/13/11, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
And your mechanic is wrong, I'll spot the Boss a good 475hp (I've been told thats what some people are seeing on a chassis dyno after correction) and a 3600 lbs weight and I'll let the GT500 stand at 550hp with with a 3900 lbs weight so here goes the P/W arguement so the Boss (if is making around 475 hp which is more than likely poor testing methods if the Boss is J1349 certified) is carrying 7.60 pounds per HP and the GT500 even at the bloated 07-09 weight is carrying 7.10 pounds per HP ergo in a pure contest of speed, the GT500 is faster and depending on aero the GT500 is more than likely able to pull a higher top speed.

Oh I don't doubt that at crusing speeds the GT500 with it's SC has a pretty good edge on the Boss. But off the line the Boss hooks up better and is quicker. It's a more "nimble" car.

I will again state that all the car experts pick the Boss 302 as the Mustang they would most like to own. It's just all around better than the GT500. That doesn't mean the GT500 sucks, it's just that the Boss 302 is a "drivers" car.

From The Insideline comparison article-

"The GT500 is quickest (by half a second). And it's a beast to drive. It's fun in its own way and it never makes any real missteps either thanks to a well-tuned chassis that backs up all that motivation. But in the end it's an acquired taste and our tastes lean toward the less costly, less powerful Boss 302.
That's right, the Boss is the most serious driving tool here. It's like the GT turned up to 11 with an injection of testosterone just for fun. This is a serious machine with all the hardware to get it done lap after lap, save one: the tires. We delaminated the left rear P Zero Corsa after 12 or 15 laps. Perhaps the GT's rubber is a better choice, but we did witness these same Corsas survive repeated laps at Laguna Seca only weeks earlier. It could be an anomaly. Either way, for the money, there are few sleds that will run with the Boss. And there aren't any that are as rewarding, the Shelby included.
There was a time not long ago when there was only one Mustang we'd consider taking to a track. That there are three legit choices with which to tackle a road course is a sign of just how seriously Ford takes the Mustang these days. That we'd choose the slightly slower but more focused Boss 302 over the more powerful GT500? Well, that's why we drive the cars."
Old 10/13/11, 09:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
I used to live in Clearwater and moved in 2005...I am visiting some firends in december. I 'll trailer the car down if you want to go to a HPDE and kick some slimey troll as@ LOL
11SHELBYGT500 HATES that all the car mags and the car reviewers, etc. RAVE about the Boss 302. His beloved Shelby just doesn't get any press coverage. The Shelby is a fine car and I'm not slamming it. But when you tally up all the pluses and minuses of both cars (performance wise) the Boss is the winner. Now if you want to factor in "options" (NAV, stereo, SAT, SYNC) then the GT500 would come out on top.
Old 10/13/11, 09:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the Ford on Ford hate! Can't we all just get along?

Seriously, it's like Cheney calling Bush a dirty Neo-con in here.
Old 10/13/11, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
11SHELBYGT500 HATES that all the car mags and the car reviewers, etc. RAVE about the Boss 302. His beloved Shelby just doesn't get any press coverage. The Shelby is a fine car and I'm not slamming it. But when you tally up all the pluses and minuses of both cars (performance wise) the Boss is the winner. Now if you want to factor in "options" (NAV, stereo, SAT, SYNC) then the GT500 would come out on top.
Don't forget the GT500 SVT Performance Package!
Old 10/13/11, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree...but for all out raw performance the Shelby doesn't get to the same level as the Boss. The creeature comforts in the trolls car keep him comfy while his A@@ gets handed to him by a Boss LOL
Old 10/13/11, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh I don't doubt that at crusing speeds the GT500 with it's SC has a pretty good edge on the Boss. But off the line the Boss hooks up better and is quicker. It's a more "nimble" car.

I will again state that all the car experts pick the Boss 302 as the Mustang they would most like to own. It's just all around better than the GT500. That doesn't mean the GT500 sucks, it's just that the Boss 302 is a "drivers" car.

From The Insideline comparison article-

"The GT500 is quickest (by half a second). And it's a beast to drive. It's fun in its own way and it never makes any real missteps either thanks to a well-tuned chassis that backs up all that motivation. But in the end it's an acquired taste and our tastes lean toward the less costly, less powerful Boss 302.
That's right, the Boss is the most serious driving tool here. It's like the GT turned up to 11 with an injection of testosterone just for fun. This is a serious machine with all the hardware to get it done lap after lap, save one: the tires. We delaminated the left rear P Zero Corsa after 12 or 15 laps. Perhaps the GT's rubber is a better choice, but we did witness these same Corsas survive repeated laps at Laguna Seca only weeks earlier. It could be an anomaly. Either way, for the money, there are few sleds that will run with the Boss. And there aren't any that are as rewarding, the Shelby included.
There was a time not long ago when there was only one Mustang we'd consider taking to a track. That there are three legit choices with which to tackle a road course is a sign of just how seriously Ford takes the Mustang these days. That we'd choose the slightly slower but more focused Boss 302 over the more powerful GT500? Well, that's why we drive the cars."

and the cool thing is a Boss with a supercharger is still less than the Shelby!!! I gotta get my car to a review site just to see the outcome!
Old 10/13/11, 09:49 PM
Cobra R Member

and the cool thing is a Boss with a supercharger is still less than the Shelby!!! I gotta get my car to a review site just to see the outcome!
LOL! Yes, adding that SC totally guarantees that the Shelby will be able to pick your tailights out of a police lineup.
Old 10/13/11, 10:50 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by jsaylor
All the Ford on Ford hate! Can't we all just get along?

Seriously, it's like Cheney calling Bush a dirty Neo-con in here.
LOL!
Old 10/13/11, 11:21 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GT_350
Hey, I made no mention of anyone in particular, but if you feel the shoe fits.......

Why don't you plan a little road trip to shut me up?

I'll put up $500 to offset your trip if you come out on top............
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Where are you? And I didn't say they fit anyone who uses the word troll clearly has no life.
Originally Posted by GT_350
Just outside of Tampa, FL
It's going to take more than 5 bills and that's a long way to go just to make someone cry...and would I have to put it back to stock or would your excuse be that mine isn't stock?
You stay out of this! LOL
...and not one of them was on a computer in my dark little room.
You have? Why don't we meet in the middle between California and Florida.
^^^^ Let's do this!!!

this was starting to sound like a man on man dating site for alittle :gay:
Old 10/13/11, 11:28 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
this was starting to sound like a man on man dating site for alittle :gay:
You forgot the disclaimer, "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Old 10/13/11, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmm do I smell the first gt500 vs boss grudge match? If so lets make it the first GT vs Boss vs Gt500, Someone pick a road course Im in.
Old 10/14/11, 12:53 AM
Cobra Member

Next year at the mustamg round up
Old 10/14/11, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
GT500s and BOSSes suck!!

It's all about unmodded GT's with no performance options.

Anyone who disagrees is an idiot!

I agree!! But the 400a is a lot closer to a Boss
Old 10/14/11, 06:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You forgot the disclaimer, "not that there's anything wrong with that"

LMAO
Old 10/14/11, 09:08 AM
MOTM Committee Member

I agree!! But the 400a is a lot closer to a Boss
Old 10/14/11, 09:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Next year at the mustamg round up
Now you're talking I'm hearing about a modded 5.0 that could cause trouble for either, not to mention whatever Todd's got cooking.
Old 10/14/11, 11:34 AM
GT Member

Well i think us 300A GT (Brembos 3:73 gear) cars are as close to a Boss as you can get with out having one and we come in at just under 3600 pounds .
Old 10/14/11, 11:54 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You guys are great. The Shelby wasn't intended to be a road racer. A Shelby with a little suspension work will kill the Boss. Then again, a boss with a blower should take the Shelby but I'm not sure how well it will hold the road with an extra 150hp. Might do great dunno. If road racing is your thing then I understand. But dont down the Shelby because of a lap time in a magazine article. I invite you boss guys to line up next to a GT500 and try your luck. The Boss is a great car and it does what it is supposed to do. But if I were gonna road race a mustang, it would be a built GT before I spent way over invoice for a boss. Bang for the buck is the way I see it. And the GT500 is still the king of the mustangs. That's the way it's always been.
Old 10/14/11, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
......And the GT500 is still the king of the mustangs. That's the way it's always been.
Halo maybe......

Please show me the championship the “King” as won, holds a record in or is campaigned in………

SCCA?
Koni Challenge?
Continental Tire Challenge?
Grand Am?
FIA GT3?
FIA GT4?
NHRA?
IHRA?
SCTA (Bonneville)?
NASCAR?
NASA?

The GT-500 was a “Grand Touring” car in the 60’s and has been marketed that way again since ’07.

Before the Boss there was the GT-350 not the GT-500.........

The Boss was and is a “Racecar/Track Focused” car in 69-70 and is being marketed and raced that way again.

And the GT, of which I’ve have a few and the last one was let’s just say was “very” track focused but the engine was a limiting factor, not built for the rigors of a track day……….
All of these cars are good;

GT gets a guy in a modest “base” price, good engine and the option to get good brakes

Boss 302 “Track Car” engine is the star.

GT-500 is the “GT” in the European sense able to rapidly travel great distances in comfort and style.

Last edited by GT_350; 10/14/11 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: The Greatnest of the Boss 302 LS