Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 11:02 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
"Appear" being the key word there. And I'm not saying TMS doesn't provide good info, it's just that in regard to the Boss there has been nothing concrete yet. Just a lot of random guessing so that if and when it does come out they will link back to their old post for an "I told you so, see how smart I was back then". Just remember, 85% of nothing equals nothing.
Way to go. Next you'll be telling me Santa Claus isn't real

Besides, rather than random guesses, I'd call them educated guesses. Just don't come back to this thread next year because it'll be full of "I told you so"

Last edited by Twin Turbo; 5/21/10 at 11:05 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 11:02 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see one thing being added down the road, but not until 2014 MY at least. The other will be a user-decided option.
Old 5/21/10, 11:05 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
I HIGHLY doubt this....
I'm hoping for one or 2 things, but as a whole... no way.
If they do Recaro seats, adjustable shocks and an aluminum driveshaft, then I agree with you.
I really wouldn't be surprised to see engine, and other chassis improvements pass through though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the following became standard later on:
Bullitt - bump in HP and max RPM
GT500KR - bump in hp
Track Pack - springs, bushings, dampers, bars
Old 5/21/10, 11:08 PM
GTR Member

I don't think we'll see the adj. shocks for the Boss. SVT PP shocks would be a more accessible solution IMO.

And my comment about things that might translate down will be referring to the engine, nothing else.
Old 5/21/10, 11:32 PM
FR500 Member

followed the posts on that camaro forum and agree with most of the points about the Mustang steadily moving upwards in size, standard amenities, and price not really sticking to the original mission of the Pony car. A 2012 Boss done in the spirit of the old 5.0 Fox LX - a no-frills lightweight performance package with further available "option deletes" plus more power - that would convince me to "pony" up the funds (barring ADM) for one despite my distaste for the black plastic and rear end of the current model.
Old 5/22/10, 12:08 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
And my comment about things that might translate down will be referring to the engine, nothing else.
That may prove to be a bold statement.

There were some SE handling improvements/shifters/diffs/interior items that were enhanced/shared/got passed along also besides engine tweaks...

Bullitt got a few non-engine GT500 + KR specialties included... that were not shared with the 10 GT... and there are those certain colors/styling cues that remain specific to the SE.

So SE's are both unique and a test bed...

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/22/10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 5/22/10, 12:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hi5.0
followed the posts on that camaro forum and agree with most of the points about the Mustang steadily moving upwards in size, standard amenities, and price not really sticking to the original mission of the Pony car.
The Mustang has changed to keep pace with customer expectations. In 1964, people didn't expect a car to have power steering or brakes standard. Those were options. Times have changed, and the Mustang has managed to change with the times while staying true to its mission. I do agree with you about weight, but that's common to nearly all cars. Any weight reductions will increase the price, and we don't want that either.

Now if you really want to see a car that has completely changed from the first generation, look at the BMW 3 series.
Old 5/22/10, 04:04 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
That may prove to be a bold statement.

There were some SE handling improvements/shifters/diffs/interior items that were enhanced/shared/got passed along also besides engine tweaks...

Bullitt got a few non-engine GT500 + KR specialties included... that were not shared with the 10 GT... and there are those certain colors/styling cues that remain specific to the SE.

So SE's are both unique and a test bed...
Yes, you're absolutely right. That's why I don't know if we'll see this in anything after the Boss. It sure would be nice.

Some food for thought, go take a look at the E92 M3, in terms of engine specs. I have a feeling the Boss will try to outperform some of the finer points of that motor...
Old 5/22/10, 06:17 AM
BOSS Member

There's been a lot of talk about the Boss behind the scenes and not posted on here. Plenty of people know what's going on, but it doesn't see the light of day on a public forum. You'll eat your words about the pics that I snagged, just give it time.

It's obvious we're not going to know 100% every single detail on the car, and that's fine. Just the important stuff that makes or breaks a purchase is what people need to see. Appearance, power, price are what will sell the car. Not to mention the nostalgia. Just hang around here, you'll start to see who knows something and who doesn't.

The pictures you took might very well be the real deal, but how can you claim it's an 85% Boss when nothing has been laid out? Because it had various parts from different vehicles that YOU haven't seen on one vehicle? Maybe it's a suspension mule for the Shelby that they also decided to test a few cosmetic parts at the same time.
And I have been around for a while, and I know who knows something and who doesn't.
Old 5/22/10, 06:37 AM
GTR Member

The pictures you took might very well be the real deal, but how can you claim it's an 85% Boss when nothing has been laid out? Because it had various parts from different vehicles that YOU haven't seen on one vehicle? Maybe it's a suspension mule for the Shelby that they also decided to test a few cosmetic parts at the same time.
And I have been around for a while, and I know who knows something and who doesn't.
Easy: take a look at the 302R, then look at the pics. You don't need a degree to see that the similarities are there between the two. The front splitter is definitely a big giveaway, and the lack of any GT or Shelby badging, while a possible attempt to avoid more prying eyes, is also how the 302R is badged. On top of that, why would Ford put a Shelby suspension into a car without the added weight of the 5.4 motor? Seems futile if you ask me. Truth be told, it might be the GT500 motor underneath, but we might not know.

I've taken the liberty of asking people "in the know" more so than myself, and they've told me what I previously had thought. I don't come on here and post garbage for the sake of making a conversation. I come on here with the facts and educated guesses for the information passed to me through various sources in different parts of the industry. I live in Blue Oval HQ, where these cars run amok every day.
Old 5/22/10, 07:31 AM
BOSS Member

Easy: take a look at the 302R, then look at the pics. You don't need a degree to see that the similarities are there between the two. The front splitter is definitely a big giveaway, and the lack of any GT or Shelby badging, while a possible attempt to avoid more prying eyes, is also how the 302R is badged. On top of that, why would Ford put a Shelby suspension into a car without the added weight of the 5.4 motor? Seems futile if you ask me. Truth be told, it might be the GT500 motor underneath, but we might not know.

I've taken the liberty of asking people "in the know" more so than myself, and they've told me what I previously had thought. I don't come on here and post garbage for the sake of making a conversation. I come on here with the facts and educated guesses for the information passed to me through various sources in different parts of the industry. I live in Blue Oval HQ, where these cars run amok every day.
So now your saying it "might" have a GT500 engine in it? I thought the Boss was going to have a 5L? So if that car did have a 5.4L would it still be an 85% Boss?

And then you ask people "in the know" and still have to make guesses on upcoming products. Sounds like you need to find people other than Ford suppliers to ask. I'm not trying to be a ***** but I don't think you really know as much as you would like us to believe.
Old 5/22/10, 07:34 AM
FR500 Member

So now your saying it "might" have a GT500 engine in it? I thought the Boss was going to have a 5L? So if that car did have a 5.4L would it still be an 85% Boss?

And then you ask people "in the know" and still have to make guesses on upcoming products. Sounds like you need to find people other than Ford suppliers to ask. I'm not trying to be a ***** but I don't think you really know as much as you would like us to believe.
I'm quite sure Overboost was saying the car he saw might have had the 5.4 in it. It could be a mule for any powertrain. However, from what everyone has said and/or seen the Boss will be a 5.0. In particular look at the unique engine bits on the 302R, far too production ready for a run of only 50 cars.
Old 5/22/10, 08:00 AM
GTR Member

No, I know what it had in it, and what is going to be different on the Boss. I'm not going to go into detail in public view. The body is nearly 100% there. My last post simply was in reference to yours. It could have been a Shelby engine, but it wasn't.

Believe me or not, I don't really care. You come on here questioning and trying to disprove everyone, when there are several people that know the whole story, including myself. I'm not going into more detail than I need to right now, because the info is still some time away from being more publicly released. Ever think that my post is almost exactly the same time as the Ford dealer's meeting, and that no one has mentioned/seen that car until after the Boss was heavily foreshadowed? There's a reason for that.

Go take a look at the 302R and those pictures I posted. Take note of the similarities. Or, if you're going to sit here and troll about it, find somewhere else to go.

Last edited by Overboost; 5/22/10 at 11:55 AM.
Old 5/22/10, 11:46 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The body is not 100% there...by any means.
Old 5/22/10, 11:57 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
The body is not 100% there...by any means.
I'm thinking we'll see a very heavy influence of 1970 Boss on the 2012.
Old 5/22/10, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK guys i dont wanna spam around like a troll but WHY THE HELL IS EVERBODYTALKING ABOUT THE 70s BOSS 302?
WTF IS WRONG WITH THE 69???I`m sorry but its just soooooooo AWESOME!!! WHY!!!?
C-stripes ftw!

Old 5/22/10, 12:55 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A Boss and a Cuda parked side by side... those were the days!
Old 5/22/10, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree. The 1969 is awesome. Might be the best looking non-Shelby Mustang.
Old 5/22/10, 01:03 PM
GTR Member

I'm leaning towards the '70 because the 302R was heavily influenced by that. After watching and reading a lot of info, that sounds like their inspiration for the 302R and there are a lot of design cues that are on the stock car that would fit well with that design. The 05-09 had more '69 cues in it IMO.
Old 5/22/10, 01:15 PM
FR500 Member

Laguna, this isn't meant to be a flip comment, it's an earnest one. If you spend more time "listening" instead of "talking", people may start to tell you stuff. Then you will find out who knows their stuff and who doesn't.

In the not too distant past, Ford wasn't quite as tight lipped about details of upcoming products. There were ways that information could get out. That's not really the case any more. People who do know simply aren't going to stick their necks out (and/or risk their jobs) to let everyone know what's coming, even if they really want to. I imagine a number would if they could. The connected people on the forums are (t)here because they're enthusiasts like the rest of us.

Ford employees and/or suppliers may be open to sharing some information if they feel/know they can trust the other person. Trust is earned by not repeating what's shared, and by showing respect to the people who know. If someone "in the know" spouts off everything they've heard, then the well goes dry and there will be no more information forthcoming. That's why no one here with actual facts will go on the record with what they know. It's not worth it.

I hope you receive this message as an attempt to be informative, and not as a smack down of any kind, because it isn't.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302