Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 11:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Lot of guessing going on in these here parts....
Sounds like half the topics on here
Old 5/21/10, 11:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
It would be nice to get some adjustable coilovers installed from the factory, ride height/bound/rebound. That would really make it worth it, for a track car.
Old 5/21/10, 03:59 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GTJOHN
Sounds like half the topics on here
Throw enough darts and some'll hit the board.
Know what I'm sayin'
Old 5/21/10, 05:56 PM
BOSS Member

I held off long enough on registering but I cannot take it anymore. All this speculation and guessing about this Boss is getting out of hand. If history is any guide this is going to be nothing more than a tape stripe special with maybe a unique color and a black spoiler. Then everybody will go bananas over how cool it is and ***** that they cannot get one because every dealer is marking them up to double the sticker price. I would love to see something totally sweet but we all know it will not happen.
Old 5/21/10, 05:59 PM
I Have No Life

<throws dart>
see
Old 5/21/10, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
I would love to see something totally sweet but we all know it will not happen.
I don't think that's an accurate statement at all. Some people here DO know what's going on with the Boss. As much as it's killing me, they can't just blab it out on an internet forum though. I don't know how long you've been a guest visitor to this site, but there are some very credible people who could prove you wrong right now....if they wanted to get in deep doo doo.
Old 5/21/10, 06:14 PM
BOSS Member

There may very well be some credible people here but the vast majority just want you to think they know something. In reality they just continue to masquerade as someone they are not. And yes, I've read these boards long enough to know who to believe.
Old 5/21/10, 06:59 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plenty of people have a REAL good idea of what's coming. Right now it just can't be talked about publicly.
Old 5/21/10, 07:35 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There may very well be some credible people here but the vast majority just want you to think they know something. In reality they just continue to masquerade as someone they are not. And yes, I've read these boards long enough to know who to believe.
Humph! Yeah but since you're a newbie you've missed all the secret threads for members only.

No need for OC snobbery.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 07:38 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 07:41 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Humph! Yeah but since you're a newbie you've missed all the secret threads for members only.
What secret threads?

Like Mustang Stone Cutters?
Old 5/21/10, 08:12 PM
Post *****

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 08:24 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 08:28 PM
BOSS Member

I wouldn't really call it snobbery, just facts. There hasn't been ONE solid piece of evidence pointing to a Boss, either in development or on the streets. What, a couple of pictures of a supposed "85% Boss" parked in some driveway? Not ONE thing on that car was different than what is already available. How can you have 85% of something when you don't know the total? We at least saw some spy shots of the 5.0 around this time last year. Did that mean it was 85% an '11 production model since it was in an '08 Mustang?
Old 5/21/10, 08:34 PM
Post *****

There was good info on the 5.0. There was good info on SE's with the 4.6. There was some good engineering info that had to be pulled (by poster's request) so people kept their jobs. So there is no reason to be critical because some appear to be being coy - but still want their incomes.

And there was a lot of good info that was lost in the hack job. That doesn't mean TMS doesn't provide good info.

And I know LB well. I left OC on purpose.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 08:43 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 08:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The Boss has been rumored (in major magazine publications) since 2007. It's coming soon. Ford has talked about it in press conferences. Be prepared to eat your words.
Old 5/21/10, 08:59 PM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
There was good info on the 5.0. There was good info on SE's with the 4.6. There was some good engineering info that had to be pulled (by poster's request) so people kept their jobs. So there is no reason to be critical because some appear to be being coy - but still want their incomes.

And there was a lot of good info that was lost in the hack job. That doesn't mean TMS doesn't provide good info.

And I know LB well. I left OC on purpose.
"Appear" being the key word there. And I'm not saying TMS doesn't provide good info, it's just that in regard to the Boss there has been nothing concrete yet. Just a lot of random guessing so that if and when it does come out they will link back to their old post for an "I told you so, see how smart I was back then". Just remember, 85% of nothing equals nothing.
Old 5/21/10, 09:42 PM
Post *****

Fine. And I'm not trying to hammer you (too much - OK just a little ) personally. But if there is no conversation, no hint, no fact, no throwing a bone, no tidbit, no discussion, etc., why have forums at all? Why are you here post #4?

Granted we'll only know about the Boss details for sure in the fullness of time, but my point is that many details that were commented on or hinted about previous models have been accurate before the magrags published it. Why silence that??

Brad is the Mustang Man and I have confidence in his team.

btw, welcome! What are you drivin' friend?

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 09:53 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 10:43 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't really call it snobbery, just facts. There hasn't been ONE solid piece of evidence pointing to a Boss, either in development or on the streets. What, a couple of pictures of a supposed "85% Boss" parked in some driveway? Not ONE thing on that car was different than what is already available. How can you have 85% of something when you don't know the total? We at least saw some spy shots of the 5.0 around this time last year. Did that mean it was 85% an '11 production model since it was in an '08 Mustang?
There's been a lot of talk about the Boss behind the scenes and not posted on here. Plenty of people know what's going on, but it doesn't see the light of day on a public forum. You'll eat your words about the pics that I snagged, just give it time.

It's obvious we're not going to know 100% every single detail on the car, and that's fine. Just the important stuff that makes or breaks a purchase is what people need to see. Appearance, power, price are what will sell the car. Not to mention the nostalgia. Just hang around here, you'll start to see who knows something and who doesn't.
Old 5/21/10, 10:50 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
There's been a lot of talk about the Boss behind the scenes and not posted on here. Plenty of people know what's going on, but it doesn't see the light of day on a public forum. You'll eat your words about the pics that I snagged, just give it time.

It's obvious we're not going to know 100% every single detail on the car, and that's fine. Just the important stuff that makes or breaks a purchase is what people need to see. Appearance, power, price are what will sell the car. Not to mention the nostalgia. Just hang around here, you'll start to see who knows something and who doesn't.
Furthermore, for those not interested in paying extra for an SE, wait until the 2013 model year, assuming Ford continues to follow their pattern of releasing SE parts as standard equipment the following year.
Old 5/21/10, 10:55 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Furthermore, for those not interested in paying extra for an SE, wait until the 2013 model year, assuming Ford continues to follow their pattern of releasing SE parts as standard equipment the following year.
Right. Look at the 2008 Bullitt and GT500KR SE upgrades that became part of the 'standard' mix on the 10 GT/GT500 (respectively) as a recent example.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 10:56 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 10:55 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I HIGHLY doubt this....
I'm hoping for one or 2 things, but as a whole... no way.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302