Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/10, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm hoping for a nice mix between these, combining old and new.

Shelby is owned by member "WarpdSpazm", btw.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Boss 302-mustang8.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by mseymour3; 7/8/10 at 08:11 AM.
Old 7/8/10, 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope its worth the wait. Its the "Boss" for pete sakes! If this was a Mach1, I would be perfectly fine with a watered down GT500 or a slightly upgraded 5.0, but considering its the Boss, this car has to be fast and handle!

It has to be as "special" as a Shelby. IMO
Old 7/8/10, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTJOHN
Hope its worth the wait. Its the "Boss" for pete sakes! If this was a Mach1, I would be perfectly fine with a watered down GT500 or a slightly upgraded 5.0, but considering its the Boss, this car has to be fast and handle!

It has to be as "special" as a Shelby. IMO
Just hoping the price tag doesn't come with it, though it most likely will...
Old 7/8/10, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

yea the most i would really be interested in paying would be 44-45, and thats with EP, comfort and some of the other goodies. hopefully still have the backup cam spoiler
Old 7/8/10, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by xlover
i would hope they ditch the massive splitter on the production car, not sure that would be friends with my parking garage entrance.
yea the most i would really be interested in paying would be 44-45, and thats with EP, comfort and some of the other goodies. hopefully still have the backup cam spoiler
I first want to say that everyone has their own ideas in what they want from a car and how they are going to use that car. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm just curious why you're interested in the Boss. I can understand if you want a few more horsepower or maybe you want something a little different than everyone else. I get that, but you are so different from where I hope the Boss will be. I hope it leans more to the R models and not the fully optioned out GT or GT500 models. There's a group of us that want to take our cars to the track regularly and we don't need or want Power Leather, navigation or backup cam. I guess Ford has the choice of putting all those things as options as long as they give the few of us our lighter, better handling stripper model.
Old 7/8/10, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm hoping for something worthy of the Boss name like most everyone and from what little comments / info has been out so far it seems that it will be. But some of us can't really afford a new Shelby and so I'm going to hope they can keep the price down closer to a nicely equipped GT instead of closer to the Shelby.

I probably won't be tracking mine if I'm ever lucky enough to get one, but I'd still prefer a lighter/slightly stripped down model. I don't want it full of luxury, nor completely stripped, but somewhere in between would be nice.

Last edited by mseymour3; 7/8/10 at 11:06 AM.
Old 7/8/10, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

easy question i want a more powerful, rarer version of the GT with some go fast goodies that BTW look good on the car, lower suspension etc. to me just becuase it is track capable shouldn't mean it gives up the daily driver capability and comfort features, just like the M3

It all depends on which direction ford goes, if they want to sell more than a few thousand they will have to give it mass appeal but if they are going for lower volume and the crowd looking for a very limited weekend racer version then it will probably be stripped. my expectation is it will be what the recent bullet and mach 1 were, a capable upgrade over the premium GT to drive higher dollar sales. im not saying a stripper isnt a possibility but this is what recent trend leads me to believe.

Last edited by xlover; 7/8/10 at 11:32 AM.
Old 7/8/10, 11:33 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You have to think back to early 2000s here and when the Mach1 was brought back.
Compared to the GT it was something special...it had a purpose and it did it well...especially with that it was working with (old antiquated chassis)

Flash forward a bit and I seem to remember people screaming for a BOSS, as the Mach1 was a pretty big success at that time. People were wondering what was next, and of yesteryear mustangs...this one hasn't been around for a long time either.
I also remember Ford commenting on how they'd basically only bring it back if it was true to the heritage and they had something that was worthy of the name.

Looking at what they have done in the past couple years or so with the 2011 V6, GT and GT500... you can plainly see how much effort and passion Ford has put into the Mustang....and the train isn't slowing down anytime soon....

If you read between the lines here, and IF there is an SE coming, and IF it carries a legendary name.....
bet your *** it's something special...COUNT ON IT
Old 7/8/10, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

The new GT 5.0 has shortened the gap in both price and performance to the GT500. I'm seeing GT 5.0's near and above $40k. To be honest, where does a new SE really fit in? Is it really worth the trouble and the value?
Old 7/8/10, 12:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Is it really worth the trouble and the value?
Hell Yeah!
Old 7/8/10, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

The new GT 5.0 has shortened the gap in both price and performance to the GT500. I'm seeing GT 5.0's near and above $40k. To be honest, where does a new SE really fit in? Is it really worth the trouble and the value?
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Boomer knows what he's talking about (or seems to at least, ). And so with that, if the Boss is something special and worthy of the name and all, how much price is that going to bring? With well equipped GT's reaching $37k easily and some topping $40k, that's getting really close to the $48-49k starting price of the GT500's. Hopefully they can manage to keep it closer to the 40k than to the 50k...
Old 7/8/10, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mseymour3
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Boomer knows what he's talking about (or seems to at least, ). And so with that, if the Boss is something special and worthy of the name and all, how much price is that going to bring? With well equipped GT's reaching $37k easily and some topping $40k, that's getting really close to the $48-49k starting price of the GT500's. Hopefully they can manage to keep it closer to the 40k than to the 50k...
I'm hoping the same thing. If its too close to the Shelby, why bother?
My plan is to wait for the Next Gen Mustang, but if I love this Boss and its closer to $40k, I'll really consider it.
Old 7/8/10, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Why do you think there are more GT500's on EBay than GT's?
They're saturating the market with Shelby's before the Boss shows up.
Old 7/8/10, 12:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm hoping the same thing. If its too close to the Shelby, why bother?
My plan is to wait for the Next Gen Mustang, but if I love this Boss and its closer to $40k, I'll really consider it.
Good idea...Push Button start...Retractable "Targa" Roof...Smaller...Lighter...Faster...More Fuel Efficent...More cloth less plastic...the list goes on...
Old 7/8/10, 01:25 PM
I Have No Life

Don't seriously think the GT500 is going to stay where it is today do ya?
Old 7/8/10, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Good idea...Push Button start...Retractable "Targa" Roof...Smaller...Lighter...Faster...More Fuel Efficent...More cloth less plastic...the list goes on...
Can I get that in writing? lol
Odds are, my next new Stang will be a Next Gen.
Old 7/8/10, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Don't seriously think the GT500 is going to stay where it is today do ya?
This is just evil... I'm more excited about a Shelby than a Boss, but you've managed to get me anxious about the Boss now too. Well and the Shelby of course, even if I won't ever be able to afford it!
Old 7/8/10, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think the upcoming Z28 is going to make the GT500 even better. We all know the biggest kink in the chain for the Shelby is wheel size and tire size. I highly doubt the Z28 is going to be sporting 285/35R20's on the rear as the SS tires are alomst that size.

On the Boss front I think the production model will look remarkably like the 2010 Boss 302r.
Old 7/8/10, 07:11 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by harristotle
This is just evil... I'm more excited about a Shelby than a Boss, but you've managed to get me anxious about the Boss now too. Well and the Shelby of course, even if I won't ever be able to afford it!
Well its true...its not like things are going to be stagnent...(stangnent? )
Every year things will get a bit more interesting...but every year you miss out on the opportunity to have a fun vehicle. It's always been like this.

I'm still trying to convince myself to wait on a 50th anniversary car, but until I see what it looks like, I really can't decide.

I mean it'll be awsome I'm sure, but looks could be a deciding factor.
I highly doubt they'll screw it up though
Old 7/8/10, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 94gt
On the Boss front I think the production model will look remarkably like the 2010 Boss 302r.

I'm more excited about what makes it tick. Motor, tranny, rear gear, suspension, etc.... That's where Ford will either make or break the car.

I've owned and tracked a '95 R. When I decided to go W2W racing in the American Iron series, I couldn't get my self to race the R with the possibility of wrecking it. So I sold it and built a strickly track car ('04 BIW), which I just sold this spring. Now I think I'm ready for a dual purpose car to run a few club track events. I really miss the R but I'm hoping the Boss will fill the void.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302