2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What DON'T you want to see in the next gen Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/13, 01:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW
But the Mustang is a driver's car and should mostly be driven by people who like driving enough that they are paying attention behind the wheel.
If anything the Mustang should have it have because alot of people drive like idiots in a Mustang...

I have BLIS on my SHO and I really like it...its better then spotter mirrors that can be adjusted wrong and miss the "blind" spot on your car.

Not to mention rear view cameras are going to be standard in cars in the next few years and the BLIS also doubles as a backup alarm if your going to hit something behind you.
Old 6/13/13, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by bob
So your looking for the Mustang to be completely reinvented into a 2 person Corvette fighter, perhaps costing 50k or more?
A working man's M3 equivalent would be perfect for me, priced in the $30-40K range for the GT version.

BTW, Ford, how about a real Vette fighter?
Old 6/13/13, 03:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb

A working man's M3 equivalent would be perfect for me, priced in the $30-40K range for the GT version.

BTW, Ford, how about a real Vette fighter?
This.
Old 6/13/13, 05:37 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by newpony
Not but do you want to pay 35k - 40k for a deathtrap rattle box with antiquated technology that nobody uses anymore?

BTW GT500 is already over 50k.
Muscle cars are antiquated technology?

I can agree with Khron in the sense that I don't want a bargain basement GT-R either. Part of what makes cars like the Mustang fun is the idea that it extracts a certain amount of engagement and it trades some refinement for a cheaper price of entry... ergo a muscle car (they can have virtual pivot front suspensions and independent rears with lots of structural integrity)

BTW I know what a GT500 (the range topping model) costs but If your really looking for a regular middle of the road GT Mustang that wouldn't make you feel inadequate in a crowd of Corvettes, Porsches, or M3s or what have you then its going to involve substantially increasing the price of entry or radically changing the formula as those cars achieve their increased performance and refinement by using advanced materials and components and in some cases by simply being a different sort of configuration altogether.
Old 6/13/13, 10:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elkk
Keeping it simple, I don't want to see the drink holder in the console directly behind my elbow where I constantly hit it when shifting. I don't want to see a 12VDC power outlet located high in the center of the dash. I would like to see a "phone / ipad pocket" located on the side of the console.
These.
Old 6/13/13, 10:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If "muscle car" reference good stop light performance I'm in. But I'd expect that from a sports car as well. If "muscle car" mean visual heft and bulk, I'll pass. Give me sinewy character lines to imply muscle rather than visual built and a car that delivers real world balance performance.
Old 6/15/13, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't want it to look like every other Ford, but with a long hood and a short deck, just to stay true to the family lineup. In dont want it lowered to go cart height. I don't want it to sacrifice it's heritage to become a 'world car,' and I don't want it to rice out or transformer out to gain a little market share. It can be modern as hell, but it needs to look, drive, and be priced like a Mustang, with Muscle Car or Luxury upgrades so we can all continue to fight about which class of Mustang is the best.

Those that want to turn it into the equivalent of a euro-sedan or two-seat exotic should implore Ford to add to their line, not turn the Mustang into something it's not.

Last edited by KC3333; 6/15/13 at 05:20 PM.
Old 6/15/13, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

MT-82 but its coming anyway.

My Ford Touch.

No more fake gauges please. Just send me home with idiot lights if that is the best you can do.

No fake scoops and bling.
Old 6/15/13, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No glossy plastic looking rear end between the taillights like current model

No rake

No large wheel tire gaps

No large corner pulled back headlights that look like EVERY other car on the road

No Fusion/Evos front end - must be "Mustang" but that doesn't mean it has to be retro, it can evolve but should be uniquely Mustang
Old 6/17/13, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by elkk
Keeping it simple, I don't want to see the drink holder in the console directly behind my elbow where I constantly hit it when shifting. I don't want to see a 12VDC power outlet located high in the center of the dash. I would like to see a "phone / ipad pocket" located on the side of the console.
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
These.
This. (or... These? Those?)

Make the power outlet spot a real "Push to Start"
Old 6/17/13, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

I don't want to see the battery in the engine compartment. The battery should be placed in the trunk for better traction and weight distribution. Less weight on the front will give better acceleration.

Last edited by 2 Go Snake; 11/3/13 at 09:54 PM.
Old 6/17/13, 10:57 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I don't want to see the battery in the engine compartment. The battery should be placed in the truck for better traction and weight distribution. Less weight on the front will give better acceleration.
Hell. Why not go mid engine then?
Old 6/17/13, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
Hell. Why not go mid engine then?
Cause that's where my daughter sits!
Old 6/17/13, 02:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I don't want to see the battery in the engine compartment. The battery should be placed in the truck for better traction and weight distribution. Less weight on the front will give better acceleration.
And the truck has to be able to keep up with the stang.
Old 6/18/13, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Krohn
I think you may be misunderstanding my statement.
You know that feeling you get when your sitting at a redlight?
I'll explain.

It's early Saturday morning and the air is crisp, quiet. No one else is awake, not even the birds. The hard week is over and it's time for some fun. So, you sit there anticipating the light change.
Both feet are on the pedals and pressed to the floor, launch control engaged and holding steady at 3500rpms, exhaust moaning as it gets ready to scream. The Twin-Turbo six cylinder is taking in its first big breath of the run. Your hands are squeezing tighter as you get ready to hold on. Then the light drops. You pull your brake foot off and you're instantly thrown back into your seat. You're head slams the headrest as your car flies from zero to forty without even a chirp, traction control is distributing your ungodly amount of power and torque to all four corners. DSG is shuffling gears like a black jack dealer in Vegas; too quick to follow the order. Then you're to sixty, eighty!, a hundred!!, one-twenty!! Turbo is spooling higher and louder than your brain can hear. You know you should slow down but nothing is around for miles! You near one-sixty and your foot involuntarily lets off because your brain is having too much fun to tell it to.

This to me sounds awesome!
It even probably soon will describe most performance cars.

My brother has a 135i, auto, twin-turbos, tuned... its awesome!
His words though... It's extremely fast... but its just too easy. All I have to do is press a couple buttons on the steering wheel and press down on the pedal. It does the rest! Kinda takes the driver out of it.
He USED to have an '05 Saleen and before that a couple GTs.

I'm all for advancements in every category and I think the future mustang will be all the above! And it SHOULD.
BUT it should also have options that keep it a driver input car too. A 6 or 7 speed MANUAL transmission even when a DSG is obviously faster, RWD when AWD is probably better, a V8 when a TT-V6 would be more fuel efficient with still nuts power... it should still be a Mustang.
Driver Aides are NOT what everyone wants. Even if it does make them faster.

I never said I wanted a '60s handling Mustang... I just still want to hear Randy Pobst from Motor Trend say geez it is hard to control but it sure is fun as he smiles going around Laguna Seca.

I like the way the Mustang has been heading so far... advanced but still a handful.
OMG! This x10000000. This is so my exact mentality. Keep driving actually DRIVING and not riding. Most people just ride in their cars. The ones that have the most fun are the ones that still have to control them and actually DRIVE theirs. :P

Last edited by Ice Hawk; 6/18/13 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Forgot Quote!
Old 6/18/13, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by 3Mach1
MT-82 but its coming anyway.

My Ford Touch.

No more fake gauges please. Just send me home with idiot lights if that is the best you can do.

No fake scoops and bling.
This for sure! Fake scoops are pointless. At least the heat extractor vents actually work!! And I do with they would upgrade the Infotainment system to maintain the generation of the remainder of their fleet. I don't like being one or two tech gens behind the Tarus/Fusion/F150/Explorer/Edge/Every-other-Ford-vehicle!

And I think a gauge package should be an option on EVERY model.
Old 6/18/13, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

Keep the 8.8" live Axle, lower the car 1" with 275 or 285 tires with upgraded shocks & struts.
Old 6/24/13, 07:22 AM
V6 Member

front wheel drive.
Old 6/24/13, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Keep the 8.8" live Axle, lower the car 1" with 275 or 285 tires with upgraded shocks & struts.
Keep the SRA?

I'm a drag racer, but I do not want a SRA on the new mustang. No way.
Old 6/24/13, 03:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MustangDizzle
Keep the SRA?

I'm a drag racer, but I do not want a SRA on the new mustang. No way.
Totally agree! The sra had its day so now its time for the irs. For people that still want the sra on the next gen, easy I'am sure FRPP will sell a kit for that. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: What DON'T you want to see in the next gen Mustang?