2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What DON'T you want to see in the next gen Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/13, 11:22 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
no ugly spoilers, fake hood scoops, happy mazda style grin, locked tune or a special size parts.
Old 6/11/13, 11:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
An SVT without forced induction and with a dinky 5.2 NA V8 due to euro pedo safety rules limiting under hood space.
Pedo safety rules? Is that so you actually kill a pedo if you hit them with your car?

Fine with me. Michael Jackson was actually hit by a car, not drugs.
Old 6/11/13, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

You'll do realize the GT will be a 50k car within the next three years...right?!
Old 6/11/13, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't want to see a sports car... I want to still see a muscle car with packages that make it a strong contender on the track yet always on the edge of losing it. It is still a Mustang, so it should retain that smile yielding scariness.
Old 6/11/13, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Krohn
I don't want to see a sports car... I want to still see a muscle car with packages that make it a strong contender on the track yet always on the edge of losing it. It is still a Mustang, so it should retain that smile yielding scariness.
Well, you could always take your sports car level handling 2015 Mustang and swap out for a set of skinny mileage-master bias ply tires, blown shocks, worn bushings and played out steering to get your '60's era muscle car cloddishness. Me, I'd prefer 21st century level dynamic excellence.
Old 6/11/13, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb

Well, you could always take your sports car level handling 2015 Mustang and swap out for a set of skinny mileage-master bias ply tires, blown shocks, worn bushings and played out steering to get your '60's era muscle car cloddishness. Me, I'd prefer 21st century level dynamic excellence.
This
Old 6/11/13, 08:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Overboost
Where'd you come up with 5.2L from?
Here:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...g-information/
Old 6/11/13, 09:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
I found it after. Interesting they mention they've had "credible info" for some time.
Old 6/11/13, 10:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I sure do not want to see the 5.8 liter disappear from the Mustang. I for sure don't want to see two drive shafts on the 2015 Mustang.
Old 6/11/13, 10:29 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangDizzle
Pedo safety rules? Is that so you actually kill a pedo if you hit them with your car?

Fine with me. Michael Jackson was actually hit by a car, not drugs.
Meant pede, but you get the point.
Old 6/11/13, 10:39 PM
V6 Member

Thankfully the new Ford management had better judgment by turning the new mustang into a world class sports car, and not a muscle builder with a bulky upper body with skinny little legs. I'am glad that Ford didn't listen to the "Track Mafia" this time around.
Old 6/12/13, 06:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Good. Buy yourself a Fox body Mustang and problem solved.
Old 6/12/13, 07:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Keeping it simple, I don't want to see the drink holder in the console directly behind my elbow where I constantly hit it when shifting. I don't want to see a 12VDC power outlet located high in the center of the dash. I would like to see a "phone / ipad pocket" located on the side of the console.
Old 6/12/13, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by newpony
I think you may be misunderstanding my statement.
You know that feeling you get when your sitting at a redlight?
I'll explain.

It's early Saturday morning and the air is crisp, quiet. No one else is awake, not even the birds. The hard week is over and it's time for some fun. So, you sit there anticipating the light change.
Both feet are on the pedals and pressed to the floor, launch control engaged and holding steady at 3500rpms, exhaust moaning as it gets ready to scream. The Twin-Turbo six cylinder is taking in its first big breath of the run. Your hands are squeezing tighter as you get ready to hold on. Then the light drops. You pull your brake foot off and you're instantly thrown back into your seat. You're head slams the headrest as your car flies from zero to forty without even a chirp, traction control is distributing your ungodly amount of power and torque to all four corners. DSG is shuffling gears like a black jack dealer in Vegas; too quick to follow the order. Then you're to sixty, eighty!, a hundred!!, one-twenty!! Turbo is spooling higher and louder than your brain can hear. You know you should slow down but nothing is around for miles! You near one-sixty and your foot involuntarily lets off because your brain is having too much fun to tell it to.

This to me sounds awesome!
It even probably soon will describe most performance cars.

My brother has a 135i, auto, twin-turbos, tuned... its awesome!
His words though... It's extremely fast... but its just too easy. All I have to do is press a couple buttons on the steering wheel and press down on the pedal. It does the rest! Kinda takes the driver out of it.
He USED to have an '05 Saleen and before that a couple GTs.

I'm all for advancements in every category and I think the future mustang will be all the above! And it SHOULD.
BUT it should also have options that keep it a driver input car too. A 6 or 7 speed MANUAL transmission even when a DSG is obviously faster, RWD when AWD is probably better, a V8 when a TT-V6 would be more fuel efficient with still nuts power... it should still be a Mustang.

Driver Aides are NOT what everyone wants. Even if it does make them faster.

I never said I wanted a '60s handling Mustang... I just still want to hear Randy Pobst from Motor Trend say geez it is hard to control but it sure is fun as he smiles going around Laguna Seca.

I like the way the Mustang has been heading so far... advanced but still a handful.
Old 6/12/13, 09:15 AM
GT Member

Don't try too hard, Krohn. Lol
Old 6/12/13, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangDizzle
Don't try too hard, Krohn. Lol
lol I like to be liked and at least for my statements to come across the right way or as I intended them. I get enough "miss communication" with my wife. lol
Old 6/12/13, 10:09 AM

I think perhaps your mixing dynamic competance with driver involvement, which can and often are, nowzadayz, two very different things. As with your 135i example, it is extremely competent and capable but perhaps with a driving experience a bit removed from the driver. I think perhaps what we would all want is a much enhanced level of capability and competence from the new Mustand all while retaining a high-level of driver involvement and interaction.

Highly capable cars can be highly involving too, though in this day of the everpresent electronic nannies, electronic steering (which is hard to tune for genuine feel) and excess mass, true driver involvement is getting a bit harder to find.
Old 6/12/13, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think perhaps your mixing dynamic competance with driver involvement, which can and often are, nowzadayz, two very different things. As with your 135i example, it is extremely competent and capable but perhaps with a driving experience a bit removed from the driver. I think perhaps what we would all want is a much enhanced level of capability and competence from the new Mustand all while retaining a high-level of driver involvement and interaction.

Highly capable cars can be highly involving too, though in this day of the everpresent electronic nannies, electronic steering (which is hard to tune for genuine feel) and excess mass, true driver involvement is getting a bit harder to find.
Exactly what I was thinking! As long as it's always a fun car with a good V8 sound... from an actual V8 (I feel like that has to be said from now on)
Old 6/12/13, 02:59 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by newpony
So your looking for the Mustang to be completely reinvented into a 2 person Corvette fighter, perhaps costing 50k or more?
Old 6/13/13, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not but do you want to pay 35k - 40k for a deathtrap rattle box with antiquated technology that nobody uses anymore?

BTW GT500 is already over 50k.

Quick Reply: What DON'T you want to see in the next gen Mustang?