2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

December 2015 Mustang Sales

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/15, 02:54 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Completely understand that sir. One takes a risk when purchasing a pre owned car that they have no idea how it was driven and let's be honest. People typically don't buy mustangs to drive like a Toyota Camry. Many people like to ride their pony hard because its a mustang and that's why many people buy them. There fast and meant to be driven like a stripper working a pole. Ha ha
Exactly 100% right on the money
Old 1/11/15, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep, plenty of used Mustangs on the market that were not rental cars and have been driven every bit as hard as any former rental car has. You take your chances when you buy a used car, that's just the reality of the world we live in.
Old 1/11/15, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
Yep, plenty of used Mustangs on the market that were not rental cars and have been driven every bit as hard as any former rental car has. You take your chances when you buy a used car, that's just the reality of the world we live in.
Completely agree sir but I feel rentals have an even higher percentage of being abused and beaten on because people don't own them and there are hundreds of different drivers. I would never buy a leased mustang either. People don't own the car so they tend not too care.

Then again I would never buy a used mustang unless I personally knew the owner, how the car was cared for, driven and then I would only consider it.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/11/15 at 04:51 PM.
Old 1/11/15, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
There isn't. I'll give you the foglights, but they look silly there. They're super tiny and look tacked on. I actually was glad to not have them there any longer. It was time to put that to rest for awhile. I also don't think the headlights look that narrow to me. In fact, it looks like he used the 13/14 headlights as inspiration. The car is definitely more squat. it looks three feet tall. I'll disagree about not having a long hood. The artist was just horrible at proportion and angles. He based it on the image below, which got parts right and was based on an Aston IRL photo. The headlights on this one definitely look narrower. I also think it looks amazing. I get you don't like the S550 as it is, not everyone is going to love every car. I didn't hate, but never loved the 2010-2014s. It's one reason I kept my '09 GT so long.
I think the rendering looks far to "Audiesque" but there is some Mustang DNA in there as well. I would alter the rear quarter window and get rid of the side scoops, or at least not make them so deep. I love the 2015, I wasn't sure about it in photos but when I saw it in person at the NY Auto show well I fell in love and I can't wait til I get mine in a few months!
Old 1/11/15, 09:29 PM
GT Member

If and when I ever sell this one, the new owner will get a well respected car. Doubt it will see even close to the redline more than a rare few times. I'm a half throttle at best kind of driver. I just enjoy knowing if I did punch it, it would run circles around my other cars.
Old 1/11/15, 09:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by MuddyLX
If and when I ever sell this one, the new owner will get a well respected car. Doubt it will see even close to the redline more than a rare few times. I'm a half throttle at best kind of driver. I just enjoy knowing if I did punch it, it would run circles around my other cars.
I don't consider that respected. To be honest, I feel that is disrespectful. That car deserves to be driven the way the engineers intended. You're not babying it, you're not using it to its potential and there are parts that are not being broken in correctly.

Old 1/11/15, 10:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sorry to hear you don't run your mustang the way it was designed for. Half throttle, ba ha ha ha. I make sure to clean my carbon out at least once every time I drive. Well more like two or three time WOT. Lol.

Dude, its a mustang not a fairy Oldsmobile. I'm not saying you have to work it over like Ray rice did to his fiance but for heaven sake. Half throttle, come on man, grow a pair and get on that awesome pony. I bought my pony for me to enjoy. I'm not worried about the dude who buys my car or the resell value. I bought that b otch because its an american iconic mustang.

Your not going to hurt her by giving it some WOT's every now and again. Your not gonna hurt her by nailing it from a dead stop every now and then. It was designed to be driven hard. The engines and are f ing solid and will last over 200k with routine maintenance. The rear ends are strong! Come on man! Ha ha ha, Godspeed

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/11/15 at 10:12 PM.
Old 1/11/15, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

My car sees the 5K mark on the RPM range at least once a day. Still runs great, zero problems. The motors in these cars are solid and rugged. It's not hurting the car to run it out once a day.
Old 1/11/15, 11:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My car sees the 5K mark on the RPM range at least once a day. Still runs great, zero problems. The motors in these cars are solid and rugged. It's not hurting the car to run it out once a day.
Amen to that. Git e up pony. Lol
Old 1/12/15, 08:05 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not that you should ride your pony like a twenty dolla hoe,but I have a quick little story about this: I bought a '06 Taco prerunner( which BTW, are pretty fast) and treated that thing with absolute flawless respect and caring. When I sold it and the new owner came to pick it up, he did a burnout all the way up the street with it. So, it really don't matter what you do to or how you treat your vehicles- nobody cares, and, it doesn't matter. since then, I buy'em, ride 'em hard and dump 'em on the dealer- it becomes their problem.
Old 1/12/15, 08:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by elfiero

Not that you should ride your pony like a twenty dolla hoe,but I have a quick little story about this: I bought a '06 Taco prerunner( which BTW, are pretty fast) and treated that thing with absolute flawless respect and caring. When I sold it and the new owner came to pick it up, he did a burnout all the way up the street with it. So, it really don't matter what you do to or how you treat your vehicles- nobody cares, and, it doesn't matter. since then, I buy'em, ride 'em hard and dump 'em on the dealer- it becomes their problem.
And the dealer send it off to mexico. Ha ha ha
Old 1/12/15, 12:58 PM
V6 Member

And the dealer send it off to mexico. Ha ha ha
yeah, something like that. Maybe they just clean it up and send it to the auction where some poor unsuspecting shmoe thinks he's buying a sweet little gem for his baby girl to drive off to college?
Old 1/12/15, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by elfiero
yeah, something like that. Maybe they just clean it up and send it to the auction where some poor unsuspecting shmoe thinks he's buying a sweet little gem for his baby girl to drive off to college?

If you want to see how sweet little baby girls treat their Mustang just check out this thread.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-300-a-533699/
Old 1/12/15, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

If you want to see how sweet little baby girls treat their Mustang just check out this thread.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-300-a-533699/
Old 1/12/15, 07:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I would never ever ever ever buy a rental car. People beat the **** out of rental cars especially a sports car. They are beat to hell and no way would I buy one. A rental mustang is beaten the **** out of. I know I have beaten the ball snot out of a rental car. Neutral bombs and all. Omg, ba ha ha ha ha
I had a Camaro SS rental on two different occasions last year in Southern California. You may think this odd, but I did not "beat the ****" out of either of them. I did of course do some good speed runs getting on the 405 freeway, but didn't even turn off the traction control to smoke the tires at a stop light. Maybe because I am an adult.
Old 1/12/15, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by redneb
I had a Camaro SS rental on two different occasions last year in Southern California. You may think this odd, but I did not "beat the ****" out of either of them. I did of course do some good speed runs getting on the 405 freeway, but didn't even turn off the traction control to smoke the tires at a stop light. Maybe because I am an adult.
Or maybe because you just didn't want to. Jay Leno does a burnout just about every time he films an issue of Jay Leno's Garage. Is he "not an adult" for that? Are we talking about intentionally trying to damage the car or are we talking about driving it harder than normal because to my mind there is a huge difference?
Old 1/12/15, 08:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by redneb
I don't find it odd at all. I'm sure majority of customers don't beat on them. But if 10-20% of its customers do, that's a lot of beating. Congrats you're in the 80% class. They get beat on and beat on hard. Its a fact.
Old 1/12/15, 08:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Or maybe because you just didn't want to. Jay Leno does a burnout just about every time he films an issue of Jay Leno's Garage. Is he "not an adult" for that? Are we talking about intentionally trying to damage the car or are we talking about driving it harder than normal because to my mind there is a huge difference?
I'm not talking about damaging the car like running it into curbes and flipping it over. I'm talking neutral bombs, tire smoking, stepping on the brake and gas at the same time for long periods and good for a transmission. Those cars are driven hard and beat down.
Old 1/13/15, 02:30 AM
GT Member

Jay Leno either owns those cars, in which case he can do as he pleases, or he is borrowing a car and has the permission of the owner or manufacture to demo it that way... I remember one he did where he said he was given permission to do a single burnout (I forget the car) by its owner.

Maybe that makes a difference, depends on your opinion I guess... but I personally see a difference...
Old 1/13/15, 03:29 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
The car he was given permission to do a burnout in was a 2012 Boss 302, I recall that particular episode in which he did a side by side comparison between the Boss and Shelby GT500..

In the end, he favored the boss over the shelby, as he claimed the Boss provided the better overall bang for the buck performance and also claimed it handled better as well

Quick Reply: December 2015 Mustang Sales