2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

December 2015 Mustang Sales

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/15, 08:27 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Exactly. I would trade my '14 for that car in a heartbeat. Like tomorrow. Beautiful car, thanks for posting.

Thanks, but no thanks.. I'd much rather hold onto my 06 GT !
Old 1/9/15, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 3point7
Amen brother. I just don't understand the "nicer ride" claims or complaints when it comes to the S197 vs other cars personally. In driving around town just day to day driving I have found the 2014 car to be easily as comfortable as just about any midsize sedan as far as ride quality. Do you feel the bumps a little more? Of course you do, it's a sports coupe with a taught suspension, not a midsize sedan with a ride that induces fits of narcolepsy lol. I suspect the same is true for the S550. I can't imagine it having some luxury sedan sort of ride but I'm betting it's quite comfortable for just running around town or highway cruising just as mine is.

I couldn't agree more with you, as I also don't understand all the complaints either.. IMO Ford did an excellent job in designing the 3 link SRA for the S-197 Mustang in which I feel has an excellent ride quality for a SRA suspension..

If I wanted the ride quality of a luxury sport sedan, I would own one..

As far as I'm concerned, my 06 GT is more than comfortable enough and haven't notice all these wheel hop issues that some are complaining about !
Old 1/9/15, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BT4, I thought your post was a bit long, but it turned out to be worth the read. I agree with all you wrote. Let me offer another perspective on this. Mustangs are still affordable to "fry cooks and secretarys." Ford dumps large quantities of mostly V6 Stangs into the rental fleets in all of the snow-free climates. They don't hold them long and these cars end up at the big used car resellers. I know someone who bought a very well equipped current year (last year) V6 still under warranty for under $20K (Florida).
Old 1/10/15, 12:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by redneb
BT4, I thought your post was a bit long, but it turned out to be worth the read. I agree with all you wrote. Let me offer another perspective on this. Mustangs are still affordable to "fry cooks and secretarys." Ford dumps large quantities of mostly V6 Stangs into the rental fleets in all of the snow-free climates. They don't hold them long and these cars end up at the big used car resellers. I know someone who bought a very well equipped current year (last year) V6 still under warranty for under $20K (Florida).
I would never ever ever ever buy a rental car. People beat the **** out of rental cars especially a sports car. They are beat to hell and no way would I buy one. A rental mustang is beaten the **** out of.

I know I have beaten the ball snot out of a rental car. Neutral bombs and all. Omg, ba ha ha ha ha

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/10/15 at 12:21 AM.
Old 1/10/15, 01:41 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I know I have beaten the ball snot out of a rental car. Neutral bombs and all. Omg, ba ha ha ha ha
And so admittedly, you are a disgrace to the word 'adult'. Didn't you even say you were a cop? That is someone else's property you are destroying.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/10/15 at 01:42 AM.
Old 1/10/15, 07:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
And so admittedly, you are a disgrace to the word 'adult'. Didn't you even say you were a cop? That is someone else's property you are destroying.

Did I ever say when I did this? Did I say I did it recently, no. It was done many many many years ago. Did i say i did it when i was a cop? The point is many rental cars are dogged especially sports cars. That's a fact. Is it right? oh heck no but that's reality.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/10/15 at 12:04 PM.
Old 1/10/15, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Did I ever say when I did this? Did I say I did it recently, no. It was done many many many years ago. Did i say i did it when i was a cop? The point is many rental cars are dogged especially sports cars. That's a fact. Is it right? oh heck no but that's reality.
Oh don't sweat it Kona. I haven't seen him do anything but try to start arguments over some petty nonsense since I've been on this forum.
Old 1/10/15, 05:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh don't sweat it Kona. I haven't seen him do anything but try to start arguments over some petty nonsense since I've been on this forum.
Thanks man. I will be the first too admit I was never a saint in my younger years. Lol! Not even a saint I'm my older years. Ha ha ha
Old 1/10/15, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks man. I will be the first too admit I was never a saint in my younger years. Lol! Not even a saint I'm my older years. Ha ha ha
Who is. If I want to rent a Mustang and drive it hard I will, couldn't care less what anyone thinks about it. If the car was still running properly when you returned it then who cares, no foul.
Old 1/10/15, 05:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Who is. If I want to rent a Mustang and drive it hard I will, couldn't care less what anyone thinks about it. If the car was still running properly when you returned it then who cares, no foul.
Run it like you stole it. Ha ha ha!

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/10/15 at 05:35 PM.
Old 1/10/15, 10:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

You can go buy this rental car because its driven so carefully. And this is just one of thousands of drivers who beat the ball snot out of them. enjoy your rental car

Watch "2012 Mustang 5.0 rental car donuts" on YouTube
2012 Mustang 5.0 rental car donuts:
Old 1/10/15, 10:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by redneb
Here is a good rental mustang. I would want too own this one.

Watch "Rental abuse 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Burnout" on YouTube
Rental abuse 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Burnout:
Old 1/10/15, 11:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Why you don't buy rental cars

Watch "Why you don't buy rental cars II" on YouTube
Why you don't buy rental cars II:

Watch "Never buy a rental car!!!" on YouTube
Never buy a rental car!!!:

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/10/15 at 11:10 PM.
Old 1/11/15, 06:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

That just shows a lack of respect for other peoples property. Would you approve if a family member / friend borrowed your car and did this without your knowledge?

I have done this with MY car, not anyone else
Old 1/11/15, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
That just shows a lack of respect for other peoples property. Would you approve if a family member / friend borrowed your car and did this without your knowledge?

I'm not saying this behavior is right to destroy the property. Rental companies know this bro. Thats the cost of doing business and being a rental car company. If some of you want to live in fantasy land by all means do so. That's the reality regardless whether its right or wrong. People tend to abuse rental vehicles. If someone wants to buy a rental mustang, rock out.
Old 1/11/15, 01:30 PM
Post *****

Awww poor newbie...

Rob

Did someone challenge your gibberish in another thread and now you're going to carry that chip on your little shoulders across the forum? Poor baby.
Old 1/11/15, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

That's the problem ! As there are just certain people who are so self centered and inconsiderate, it's no wonder they have no respect towards anyone else..

Unfortunately sad, but true !
Old 1/11/15, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

That's the problem ! As there are just certain people who are so self centered and inconsiderate, it's no wonder they have no respect towards anyone else..

Unfortunately sad, but true !
Yes, I'm sure we can all agree that is sad and people are self centered and inconsiderate. That's the price of doing business when you're a rental car company. All the rental car companies know the deal. Of course it is not right but that is just a fact.

I would never buy a rental vehicle of any sort. You have hundreds, thousands of different people operating that vehicle and you have no idea how those hundreds or thousand we're treating it. Granted, you don't know how one person may have treated their car you are looking to buy but I will take odds that out of thousands of customers ten 10% of them beat the dog snot out of it.
Old 1/11/15, 02:20 PM

I couldn't agree more and that's exactly why I'd never take such a risk in buying a rental car to begin with.. And to be perfectly honest with you, I won't even purchase a used car unless I know who the original owner was and how well they took care of it

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/11/15 at 02:21 PM.
Old 1/11/15, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I couldn't agree more and that's exactly why I'd never take such a risk in buying a rental car to begin with.. And to be perfectly honest with you, I won't even purchase a used car unless I know who the original owner was and how well they took care of it
Completely understand that sir. One takes a risk when purchasing a pre owned car that they have no idea how it was driven and let's be honest. People typically don't buy mustangs to drive like a Toyota Camry. Many people like to ride their pony hard because its a mustang and that's why many people buy them. There fast and meant to be driven like a stripper working a pole. Ha ha

Quick Reply: December 2015 Mustang Sales