Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/15, 04:05 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I stopped by the dealership to pick up the necessary maintenance records and to secure my registration for the BBB complaint.

I almost forgot my registration, and the advisor walked me out to see the technician in order to get the key. The technician told me at that FSE Tom will be at the dealership tomorrow to look at the vehicle.

Well what do you know...
Old 3/31/15, 04:07 PM
GT Member

Hey Kelty. Are you posting on a Ford message board about your rear end being repaired? The technician said that he read about a problem with another mustang in Tennessee with the track pack having the ring and pinion repaired. I thought the coincidences were too similar to not be you.
Old 3/31/15, 04:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by farsidejunky
I stopped by the dealership to pick up the necessary maintenance records and to secure my registration for the BBB complaint.

I almost forgot my registration, and the advisor walked me out to see the technician in order to get the key. The technician told me at that FSE Tom will be at the dealership tomorrow to look at the vehicle.

Well what do you know...
Ha aint that funny he made it in the day after you started the buyback process. that is what they did to me they were doing nothing until I told Leon to start buyback then they had my car ready the next day.
Old 3/31/15, 04:13 PM
GT Member

Hey Kelty. Are you posting on a Ford message board about your rear end being repaired? The technician said that he read about a problem with another mustang in Tennessee with the track pack having the ring and pinion repaired. I thought the coincidences were too similar to not be you.
Corral has a thread I was in and here. From what I am seeing all track Pack cars and all with 3.73 options have this issue. I havent seen any that have driven a few thousand miles that dont have some vibration or rear end noise.
Old 3/31/15, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Then maybe your mechanic posted on something that the technicians can access, because the similarities and timing were just too uncanny.

Last edited by farsidejunky; 3/31/15 at 04:22 PM.
Old 3/31/15, 10:08 PM
GT Member

My 14 auto 3.15 car is shaking at 70and beyond-new tires changed nothing - so it's more than just track pack or 3.73 cars. The adventures began tomorrow
Old 3/31/15, 10:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Earlsays
My 14 auto 3.15 car is shaking at 70and beyond-new tires changed nothing - so it's more than just track pack or 3.73 cars. The adventures began tomorrow
good luck man GOOD Luck. I think what has happened is ford has sent there customer service team to training at Comcast. It is the worst I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Old 4/1/15, 05:39 AM
V6 Member

For the record, my car is not a track pack car, but does have factory 373 gears.
So.. do they think there is an issue with all 3.73 cars??
Old 4/1/15, 06:30 AM
GT Member

What they think and what they are saying are two different things I think.

I think that many of them have problems, but they are more apparent in the 3.73 cars because the harmonic problems come at lower speeds than with taller gears. But I am not an engineer...

Kelty, does your attorney feel like a project against a company with deep pockets?

Last edited by farsidejunky; 4/1/15 at 06:33 AM.
Old 4/1/15, 06:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by keltymd
good luck man GOOD Luck. I think what has happened is ford has sent there customer service team to training at Comcast. It is the worst I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Where is the "Like" button?
Old 4/1/15, 08:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I’d like to escalate this for you as well, Earlsays. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 4/1/15, 08:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I’d like to escalate this for you as well, Earlsays. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

For now I am going to say thanks, but let's hold off with the escalation...I work at a dealership, I would like to see if they can fix it before I do anything else, again, I appreciate your help, but let's hold off for now.
Old 4/1/15, 08:51 AM
GT Member

What they think and what they are saying are two different things I think.

I think that many of them have problems, but they are more apparent in the 3.73 cars because the harmonic problems come at lower speeds than with taller gears. But I am not an engineer...

Kelty, does your attorney feel like a project against a company with deep pockets?

We can Find Out
Old 4/1/15, 11:52 AM
GT Member

The adviser called. Evidently the engineer did not like the runout of the new drive shaft. So I asked the adviser is that was something the dealership had the ability to check. He said yes. So then I asked why it wasn't checked prior to having to call in an engineer. He sounded irritated that I asked and said that was not something that they did. Really? So then I asked if they would check the runout of the new shaft prior to installing it. He said he didn't know.

So now we wait on ANOTHER drive shaft and the engineer is leaving for the day.

And if the drive shaft actually arrives (again), and is not the problem (again), then I wait for the engineer to come back (again).

I am calling Leon to let him know that I will be proceeding with the BBB complaint. BBB says they strive to close all cases in 40 days. I guess that means they have another +/- 40 days to fix the problem.
Old 4/1/15, 12:05 PM
GT Member

BbB is not a government agency and cannot make them do anything. BbB complaint is totally different than lemon law honestly ford does not care abt bbb and that is true
Old 4/1/15, 12:33 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
For now I am going to say thanks, but let's hold off with the escalation...I work at a dealership, I would like to see if they can fix it before I do anything else, again, I appreciate your help, but let's hold off for now.
Great! That’s no issue at all, Earlsays. Please keep me updated.

Deysha
Old 4/2/15, 07:18 AM
GT Member

The car will get a new replacement drive shaft under warranty tomorrow...we shall see, hopefully this resolves the vibration issue.
Old 4/2/15, 07:37 AM
GT Member

Well,at least you hit your 30 now it's up to you what,to do.
Old 4/2/15, 12:10 PM
GT Member

The car will get a new replacement drive shaft under warranty tomorrow...we shall see, hopefully this resolves the vibration issue.
Me too. I've posted in this thread before but in case you missed it I have after-market wheels so that may be some of the cause but mine does this too and always has. Balances don't help it either. It's worse in the summer than the winter and it's honestly not enough for me to want the dealer to have my car forever and take it all apart to cause some other noise. My passenger seat will shake back and forth very visibly though from 60-80mph and tires, lowering, new rear control arms etc has changed it. I just live with it. Good luck

EDIT: Also if my mirror wasn't totally secure it would vibrate enough it would be blurry too just like either Keltys or Farsides.

Last edited by choate; 4/2/15 at 12:12 PM.
Old 4/3/15, 07:43 PM
GT Member

New tires...vibration still occurring and happening at lower and lower speed

New OEM driveshaft ... Vibration begins at 70, worse than ever

Back to the drawing board Monday

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds