Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/15, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coupedestang
Got the car back from the dealer yesterday and a balance seems to have fixed the issue, even though I've had the tires balanced on several occasions by an local tire chain. Unfortunately, the managed to scratch the hell out of wheels in the process of removing the old wheel weights.

Don't let this go. just like Deysha said, go and talk to the manager. I had a similar issue with my dealership. had them repair a flat tire. In that time of the repair, they scratched the rim while removing the tire. They replaced the rim.
Old 5/29/15, 11:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by huben94
Hello,

I just got my vibration at 70 mph fixed today. I first took it in for the TSB concerning the o ring on the crank shaft sensor. I was told when that was done Ford service did not reprogram the crank shaft sensor. I was also getting a CEL that would go on and off every other day. Now my 2014 GT/CS runs a lot better and stronger. I was surprised to learn that the vibration was a misfire from the motor. Hope this helps some people get there vibration/misfire fixed.
Thanks for the info, huben94!

Deysha
Old 11/18/15, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's good to hear that others have this exact issue I have...
In fact this issue was NOT always present. I drove my 2013 GT Convertible ALL summer without any shaking. I drove a lot to work and back, under 50 MPH, so I really don't know when it sneaked in. Very noticeable around 55+, violently shaking at 75-80+ - enough that I fear for the car shaking apart on the highway!

Any definitive answer from FORD here? I've had it in to the dealer twice, once after they recommended new tires. Put brand new tires on it = nada (still it shakes). Dealer put on a different drive-shaft = nada. Replaced back flange mounting bracker = nada. Trying to maybe give some insight here. I don't want to put it up for the winter knowing I have this issue!
Old 11/18/15, 10:20 AM

Oh - another note: It did stop for a day or so, then on the way home I "aggressively" took off from a stop - and it seemed to come back in full force. There must be something that got knocked out of alignment with the torque created. It's been back ever since...
Old 11/19/15, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by ThorVB
It's good to hear that others have this exact issue I have...
In fact this issue was NOT always present. I drove my 2013 GT Convertible ALL summer without any shaking. I drove a lot to work and back, under 50 MPH, so I really don't know when it sneaked in. Very noticeable around 55+, violently shaking at 75-80+ - enough that I fear for the car shaking apart on the highway!

Any definitive answer from FORD here? I've had it in to the dealer twice, once after they recommended new tires. Put brand new tires on it = nada (still it shakes). Dealer put on a different drive-shaft = nada. Replaced back flange mounting bracker = nada. Trying to maybe give some insight here. I don't want to put it up for the winter knowing I have this issue!
Hello ThorVB,

Welcome to the forum! I’m happy to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 11/23/15, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello ThorVB,

Welcome to the forum! I’m happy to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Will do Deysha. I'm at dealer right now after 2 test drives with different tires/rims. Problem persists. They have a hot ticket opened for this too. Thanks.
ThorVB
Old 11/23/15, 12:52 PM

Will do Deysha. I'm at dealer right now after 2 test drives with different tires/rims. Problem persists. They have a hot ticket opened for this too. Thanks.
ThorVB
No problem, ThorVB. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 12/6/15, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
No problem, ThorVB. Keep me posted.

Deysha
No word back from Ford. They updated the hotline ticket with the results of the tire swap. No response yet...
ThorVB
Old 12/7/15, 07:16 AM

No word back from Ford. They updated the hotline ticket with the results of the tire swap. No response yet...
ThorVB
PM me with your info and I'll escalate it, ThorVB.

Deysha
Old 3/30/17, 11:19 PM

Smile

ok people my friend has 13 mustang gt it vibrated really bad between 70 and 80 we changed brakes rotated tires one day under the car we noticed a slight leak fixed it .also all the air dam covers underneath the car was loose . this car vibrated so bad you thought the wheels where falling off .it turns out to be all those under neath plastic covers where putting a force on the car at about 65 it was not bad at 70 terrible. so try tithing all those covers it might save you a whole lot of money .now she runs as smooth as can be
Old 4/4/19, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by choate
Just so you know the worst mine gets is from about 70+mph the passenger seat head rest shakes back and forth real fast (again some times worse than others) and if you have a plastic bag, lunch cooler etc in the seat you can see it vibrating. Also, the legs of your pants below your knees will vibrate. No mirrors shaking though

Did you ever find out what it was?
Old 6/24/19, 10:55 AM

I had a vibration that turned out to be an axle issue. Changed both and it disappeared.
Old 6/24/19, 11:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,060 Posts
Hi Brian -- this is a really old thread and the earlier posters might not be around any more, you'll probably get better information if you post a new thread, with the details of the problem that you are having and the details of your car