Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/15, 02:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jstang12
I talked to my boss at work who's also a gear head and was an ASE mechanic for years, and he said setting that up takes an expert touch and he doubts most shops can do it right due to tight tolerances with shimming. I've always been a Ford guy, this one's the first I regret buying. Warranty doesn't mean much if there's an engineering issue. Stuck with payments in a car I don't want to drive. Crystal if you have any pointers going into this, let me know. They're replacing the vent and pinion seal as soon as they get the parts in. However, this isn't going to fix the vibration.
He is right you need someone who cares but they are not hard just time consuming to setup.

I regretted mine and was within about 30 seconds of lemoning it but I hate the new ones and they got her reasonably ok for now
Old 3/24/15, 02:26 PM

You hit the nail on the head on both counts keltymd. Not hard, just a fine touch- and I'm not into the new look either. I hope they can take care of this, but from all of the threads including this one, it sounds like quite a process.
Old 3/24/15, 02:30 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just spoke to the service manager. Crystal, I hope you're reading. I am absolutely fed up with this process. Leon has indicated to me that the dealership must request an engineer. The dealership just told me that I have to request an engineer through Leon. This is a classic run around, and I'm absolutely tired of it. I will be attempting to contact Leon today, but an engineer gets called in on this and actually looks at the vehicle in person rather than consulting via telephone, or I will be officially working the buyback process starting tomorrow.

Frustration with Ford's organization does not even begin to touch on this.

Last edited by farsidejunky; 3/24/15 at 02:33 PM.
Old 3/24/15, 02:52 PM
GT Member

farside. How many days have you been without your car? Threatening buyback after 30 is all that I had to get Leon to move until I hit 30 he didn't care
Old 3/24/15, 03:10 PM
GT Member

Today is day 26. But this is the third visit too.
Old 3/24/15, 03:18 PM
GT Member

leave it until they fix it at 30 you are golden either way.
Old 3/25/15, 09:45 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jstang12
...Crystal if you have any pointers going into this, let me know...
Hi jstang12,

Send me your information in a PM and I'll do what I can to help. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll start working on some options.

Originally Posted by farsidejunky
I just spoke to the service manager. Crystal, I hope you're reading. I am absolutely fed up with this process. Leon has indicated to me that the dealership must request an engineer. The dealership just told me that I have to request an engineer through Leon...
I want to dig a bit deeper into this, farsidejunky. PM me either your case number or your VIN so I can see what's going on. I'll help however I can.

Crystal

Last edited by FordService; 3/25/15 at 09:48 AM.
Old 3/25/15, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What bothers me about this is that I have noticed my rear view mirror shaking at certain highway speeds, but I only have the 3.15's (automatic).
Old 3/25/15, 11:01 AM
GT Member

That's more than likely the cheap spring clip that,holds it. Look up o ring fix for rear view mirror
Old 3/26/15, 12:54 AM

3.73 Vibration Issues

Hi everyone, im scott, new here. I just bought a 12' GT Prem, 40k miles with the 6m with 3.73's. When i test drove it around the neighborhood from the dealership, i never broke 45mph. Bought it, had a 4 hour ride home on the thruway, and noticed the vibration in the rear end. It only seems to do it at upper speeds. Going to a local dealer next week, hopefully they work on it and come up with a solution. If they pull the rabbit out of the hat, ill be glad to share.
Old 3/26/15, 08:41 AM
GT Member

Hey Scott. sounds like you have the same issue as us and you have a 5/60 power train warranty so Ford is on the hook. good luck
Old 3/26/15, 10:29 AM
GT Member

I just counted and I am actually at day 25 effective today.

Leon informed me yesterday that there will be no payment assistance until after the repairs are made. In other words, it appears that it is another carrot to prevent the buy back process.

No word as of yet on whether the engineer is scheduled.

Crystal, the PM will be coming momentarily.
Old 3/26/15, 10:36 AM
GT Member

Carrot or not buy back if full purchase price in TN they cannot deduct for use
Old 3/26/15, 10:55 AM
GT Member

does that include taxes?
Old 3/26/15, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Yes as far as I can Tell. Best part if they fight it they have to cover you lawyer costs
Old 3/26/15, 04:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by scott71
Hi everyone, im scott, new here. I just bought a 12' GT Prem, 40k miles with the 6m with 3.73's. When i test drove it around the neighborhood from the dealership, i never broke 45mph. Bought it, had a 4 hour ride home on the thruway, and noticed the vibration in the rear end. It only seems to do it at upper speeds. Going to a local dealer next week, hopefully they work on it and come up with a solution. If they pull the rabbit out of the hat, ill be glad to share.
Sorry you are here, brother. There seems to be a few causes at this point. Kelty is the only one I have read that was solved by a ring and pinion. I have seen improper milling on the housing, axles, drop in rear ends, and rebuilds fix it.

Keep posting here. I am curious to watch the progress, brother.

Last edited by farsidejunky; 3/26/15 at 05:06 PM.
Old 3/26/15, 08:33 PM

Besides the rear end, is there any other problems these cars are notorious for that i should be watching out for?
Old 3/26/15, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Rear view mirror vibration. Sync issues, speeding tickets
Old 3/26/15, 08:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by keltymd
speeding tickets
ROFL

Sloshing sound in the rear quarter panels due to poor sealing of the fenders to the fender wells. Check after driving in a heavy rain.

Paint peeling from the aluminum hood due to not prepping it right.

There are others. Read the warranty section. It is mostly ankle biters, but getting paint approved under warranty can be trickier than what we are going through.
Old 3/26/15, 11:24 PM

They want us to buy american, but dont want to back up what they sell. No wonder i see so many honda's and toyota's on the road.... I also noticed on the ride home from the dealer, the parking brake lever vibrates like crazy. Anyone else have this problem?

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds