Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

MGW Shifter Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/11, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmhines
I'd love to get one of these ... but if my 6MT goes bad I'd be afraid Ford would blame it on the Aftermarket Shifter and deny warranty! Unless of course you go through the trouble of removing the MGW shifter and putting stock back in before going to dealer ...
I talked to my dealer and they said putting on the tri-ax voided my shifter warranty but not my transmission. The guy actually told me to do it cuz he said it shifts better lol. Granted the MGW changes out more parts but still not the transmission. You never know tho...I'm sure there is some loophole clause in the warranty. MGW does look like a great part
Old 12/15/11, 09:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also spoke with my dealer, they said I am fine,
Plus I already have been dealing with my dealer for Years, I'm at the point where I give them all my maintenance for all my cars, oil changes, tranny and coolant flushes etc etc.
Old 12/15/11, 09:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
OP.... You will not be disappointed with the mgw. Do you have a 5.0 or v6 (sorry my phone app doesn't show stats or sigs).

I went with a shift **** and heat shield too. Heat is must help prevent sound and heat from entering the car. Time of order to deliver was about a month.

To help, pls see my thread I started.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/mg...essions-502600

Last edited by FromZto5; 12/15/11 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12/15/11, 11:35 PM
Cobra R Member

I have 2012 5.0... ( Boss)
Old 12/15/11, 11:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
I talked to my dealer and they said putting on the tri-ax voided my shifter warranty but not my transmission. The guy actually told me to do it cuz he said it shifts better lol. Granted the MGW changes out more parts but still not the transmission. You never know tho...I'm sure there is some loophole clause in the warranty. MGW does look like a great part
This is probably a true statement. My service manager informed me that when I do a mod it does not void the warranty, the only time it voids the warranty is if that particular mod caused the issue. The remaining warranty stays in effect. I have been going to the same dealer since 2004 with my 04 GT and now with my 2011 Escape and 2012 Mustang...

Last edited by Avengnd; 12/15/11 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12/23/11, 08:18 AM
GT Member

Called this morning, mine ships today...should have it next week and install late Feb when I get home.
Old 12/23/11, 10:09 PM
Cobra Member

Mine shipped today. It comes next week so will be installing next weekend sometime. Can't wait to do that and get the crappy dual clutch auto fluid outta there and put some redline MTG in that trans.
Old 12/23/11, 11:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Mine shipped today. It comes next week so will be installing next weekend sometime. Can't wait to do that and get the crappy dual clutch auto fluid outta there and put some redline MTG in that trans.
Sweet!! Let us know how the install goes, Love to hear any tips, lessons learned.
Old 12/24/11, 06:50 AM
I Have No Life

Lewis... you'll love it man. One of my favorite mods. I have a few hundred miles on it now, it gets sweeter over time.
Old 12/24/11, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

I had the Barton and bracket for 5 months but it was very nvh oriented and after putting my stocker back in for some warranty work, I decided to sell it and get the MGW.

I'm pretty sure this random 5th gear grind I have is because if the awful stock bushings so hopefully it disappears with the MGW and new fluid.
Old 12/27/11, 08:33 AM
V6 Member

Does anyone know if there would be any fitment issues with a MGW shifter and the Alcantara Shift boot??? Thanks.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-shif...-2012/p/MSB15/
Old 12/28/11, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

Just installed mine and changed the trans fluid to Amsoil MTG.

Its pretty much a perfect shifting system now. The MGW is defiantly the best shifter on the market and none of the others even come close (I had the Barton already).

There is a minor increase in NVH, and you hear the gear noise a bit more, but the shift improvements far outweigh the slight nvh increase.

I will see how it performs in the teens weather tomorrow morning.
Old 1/16/12, 01:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I've been waiting over 6 weeks still nothing, I did call they said probably end of January , That's 8 weeks or more, just a heads up for anyone ordering. MGW, it's not like I'll be able to use it yet, but excited about getting it...
Old 1/16/12, 01:31 PM
I Have No Life

Just installed mine and changed the trans fluid to Amsoil MTG.

Its pretty much a perfect shifting system now. The MGW is defiantly the best shifter on the market and none of the others even come close (I had the Barton already).

There is a minor increase in NVH, and you hear the gear noise a bit more, but the shift improvements far outweigh the slight nvh increase.

I will see how it performs in the teens weather tomorrow morning.
Sorry I didn't see this post of yours sooner, Lewis.

I am glad you have it installed and sounds like you love it!!!

p.s. I might buy the white MGW classic **** ball. I have the black MGW now, but I would like the ability to switch around

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Well I've been waiting over 6 weeks still nothing, I did call they said probably end of January , That's 8 weeks or more, just a heads up for anyone ordering. MGW, it's not like I'll be able to use it yet, but excited about getting it...
Hang in there man... it's WORTH THE WAIT Give them a call too if you feel like. George (if I remember right) is an awesome guy... owner and designer. Their assistant is great too. Just call them and ask the status of your order. They'd be more than happy to provide that to you.
Old 1/16/12, 01:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sorry I didn't see this post of yours sooner, Lewis.

I am glad you have it installed and sounds like you love it!!!

p.s. I might buy the white MGW classic **** ball. I have the black MGW now, but I would like the ability to switch around
I got a custom **** from grabberpony before I even had my car. White cue ball, black pattern, with a black 5.0 on the sides with red dot. Its awesome.

Old 1/16/12, 01:57 PM
I Have No Life

^ That does look sweet! I actually saw that too, on grabber pony, that they had a Kona Blue one as well, with a 5.0 logo... exact same as yours. I was debating it then, and still am debating it now. I might buy the white MGW, AND the Kona grabberpony ball, just to have and switch around
Old 1/16/12, 01:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I almost bought the same Kona **** too. Those are sweet!
Old 1/17/12, 04:14 AM
Cobra R Member

How are the installations on these, a real PITA or is it a pretty smooth job just a little time consuming?
Old 1/17/12, 07:39 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
How are the installations on these, a real PITA or is it a pretty smooth job just a little time consuming?
Your question, you do mean the entire MGW shifter assembly and not just the ****, right?

The MGW install took myself and a buddy about 2-1/2 hours. On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being ULTRA COMPLICATED YOU NEED TO BE A FORD MECHANIC..... I would say the install was about a 3 - 4. It wasn't bad at all. If you are handy with some basic tools, and able to follow instructions, it's easy. Some guy on here, I forget... he did it himself. I have NO idea how he did that on his own. He was a beast. Aligning the top to the bottom clamshell is definitely the hardest part.

Also another tip, my buddy and I watched the installation video from MGW, like 3 or 4 times. I committed all the parts/locations/steps to memory. I didn't even need the written instructions then. That really helped out a lot.

Here is my thread on how I installed it. Would I do it again? Hell yes. I LOVE this MGW shifter. One of the best mods a person can do for his stock 5.0. I hope this helps... just ping me/reply again here if you have any questions.

https://themustangsource.com/f657/mg...ssions-502600/

Old 1/17/12, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

I did mine by myself.

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter Ordered