Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Another header/exhaust thread....

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/11, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bmeline916
Yeah well guy on this forum blew two pistons and said the cause was a bad tune from Lund! And I thought he was a reputable tuner apparently when u go with a after market tune u take the chance of getting a bad tune no matter who u go with. Better chance of not blowing ur engine going with a milder tune like steeda or bama who also offer a warranty with there tune. Play it safe do your home work!

How long ago did that happen? Pretty sure Lund does all the tuning for the Evolution cars and those guys have one of the fastest 2011's to date. Yes, doing your homework is a must when it comes to getting a tune. I've heard of people having issues with the Bama tunes because they don't take all your mods into account. While free tunes for life is good, I'd want all my mods taken into consideration first.
Old 10/15/11, 10:12 AM

Ur right black mamba, lund is the one who gives tunes to evolution. BTW there is something common between lethal and evolution.
I called lethal performance and told them about the issue of pistons, I understood that it happens because people try more than 1 tuner which results in exceeding the parameters of the engine.
Old 10/16/11, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03

How long ago did that happen? Pretty sure Lund does all the tuning for the Evolution cars and those guys have one of the fastest 2011's to date. Yes, doing your homework is a must when it comes to getting a tune. I've heard of people having issues with the Bama tunes because they don't take all your mods into account. While free tunes for life is good, I'd want all my mods taken into consideration first.
Look in the warranty and service issues threads think it's tagged spun rod bearing.
Old 10/16/11, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bmeline916

Look in the warranty and service issues threads think it's tagged spun rod bearing.
It's tagged " Spun a bearing" read the posts its good info!