Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Another header/exhaust thread....

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/11, 11:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
Let me know how you like the setup with full exhaust, Boss mani, and intake/tune when you get it on. I'm looking to upgrade mine and want to keep it N/A as well. Exploring my options. hoping that opening up the breathing a little more with Intake, LT's, and xpipe with high or no flow cats will reduce the torque loss brought on by the mani. Anyone else have this set up?
I'm going to be full bolt on soon. Have roush axlebacks installed now and soon will be installing the boss mani And JLT cai. After that will be installing stainless works 1 7/8" headers and their merge spike o/r x pipe. Then finally a custom dyno tune! I have a buddy that is full bolt on with all the same mods except he has the kooks 1 3/4" headers and x pipe. and he has a dyno tune from the same shop as I'm going to so I should lay down a lil more than he did. His stock dyno was 372 whp and the after results were amazing! His dyno sheet after the mods and tune was 474 max whp! I didn't believe him at first but when I saw his dyno sheet their was no denying his claim. When my work is finished I will post my results for everyone to see. The tune he has is very agressive.
Old 10/4/11, 11:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bmeline916

I'm going to be full bolt on soon. Have roush axlebacks installed now and soon will be installing the boss mani And JLT cai. After that will be installing stainless works 1 7/8" headers and their merge spike o/r x pipe. Then finally a custom dyno tune! I have a buddy that is full bolt on with all the same mods except he has the kooks 1 3/4" headers and x pipe. and he has a dyno tune from the same shop as I'm going to so I should lay down a lil more than he did. His stock dyno was 372 whp and the after results were amazing! His dyno sheet after the mods and tune was 474 max whp! I didn't believe him at first but when I saw his dyno sheet their was no denying his claim. When my work is finished I will post my results for everyone to see. The tune he has is very agressive.
Also with the 3.73's , LT's , o/r xpipe , and a good tune u should no notice the low end torque loss with the boss mani at all!
Old 10/5/11, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also with the 3.73's , LT's , o/r xpipe , and a good tune u should no notice the low end torque loss with the boss mani at all!
Cool cool, im not going to go with a really aggressive tune as this is currently my only car and can't afford to mess anything up. Decreasing the back-pressure always help to keep the torques so that's why I was looking at exhaust setup to go with intake and mani. Have to keep it balanced between a DD and car to take to the track/strip. For now that is...lol
Old 10/5/11, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool cool, im not going to go with a really aggressive tune as this is currently my only car and can't afford to mess anything up. Decreasing the back-pressure always help to keep the torques so that's why I was looking at exhaust setup to go with intake and mani. Have to keep it balanced between a DD and car to take to the track/strip. For now that is...lol
Just get a tuner from bama u will have free tunes for life and there tunes are mild and safe. And go a speed shop and have them dyno tune ur car then just have them store it on the tuner and u can run the mild tune and still have ur custom dyno tune for when u want to track the car or just play
Old 10/5/11, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Make sure that the shop u go to has a good rep for the work they do.
Old 10/5/11, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure that the shop u go to has a good rep for the work they do.
Yea ill be going to Lamotta performance for a custom tune. He's been published several times in the mustang and 5.0 magazines. They used his car for the canned scm tunes and he was published in the mags for the review of the boss mani on a 5.0.
Old 10/5/11, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea ill be going to Lamotta performance for a custom tune. He's been published several times in the mustang and 5.0 magazines. They used his car for the canned scm tunes and he was published in the mags for the review of the boss mani on a 5.0.
That's cool friend of mine went to Stang hi in baton rouge la and got dynotuned he is full Bolton and showed gains of about 98whp with there tune. Thats unbelivable! That's where I'm going for my dyno tune will post when I get results.
Old 10/7/11, 09:51 PM
GT Member

Have a magnaflow off-road x w/ only 3k on it if anyone's looking. Near chicago
Old 10/8/11, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by black5.0
Have a magnaflow off-road x w/ only 3k on it if anyone's looking. Near chicago
Why did u take it off?
Old 10/8/11, 12:49 PM
GT Member

Ended up going with stainless works longtubes. Got excited about modding the car when I got it and didn't think I was going with lt's.
Old 10/8/11, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by black5.0
Ended up going with stainless works longtubes. Got excited about modding the car when I got it and didn't think I was going with lt's.
Got ya thats the set up I purchased SW's 1 7/8" primaries with merge spike o/r x pipe 3". Going to install it in about 4 weeks cuz I'm doing my boss mani and CAI first. Will be installing the boss in a few days. Me and a buddy that's a mechanic are going to do the install. Can't wait!
Old 10/8/11, 03:48 PM
GT Member

Ur gonna love it. Lotta mods give u a little hp at a time. Can't really feel it when u drive it. First time I got in the car after the lt's though I totally felt the difference. Awesome!!!
Old 10/8/11, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Got ya thats the set up I purchased SW's 1 7/8" primaries with merge spike o/r x pipe 3". Going to install it in about 4 weeks cuz I'm doing my boss mani and CAI first. Will be installing the boss in a few days. Me and a buddy that's a mechanic are going to do the install. Can't wait!
Here's some good instructions for the install...
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t286131/
Old 10/9/11, 05:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kona Blur

Here's some good instructions for the install...
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t286131/
Once I'm done with the work hoping for some solid results!
Old 10/11/11, 06:48 AM

Hi

I have 11 5.0 with borla atak with x-pipe, any one installed xr-1 headers?
Any opinions?
Old 10/11/11, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by haitham
Hi

Any opinions?
IMO you would be better off going with stainless works or ARH as they have larger primaries to accommodate future mods! I personally went with stainless works
Old 10/11/11, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by haitham
Hi

Any opinions?
I have the Borla ATAK catback w/ x-pipe and I'm also looking into some LTs... From everything I've seen and heard, the ARH 1 7/8" LTs are the way to go. The xr1s will be a little more restrictive
Old 10/12/11, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kona Blur

I have the Borla ATAK catback w/ x-pipe and I'm also looking into some LTs... From everything I've seen and heard, the ARH 1 7/8" LTs are the way to go. The xr1s will be a little more restrictive
Does the ARH have the slip fit 3" clamp in cat delete pipes? Or is it just the headers and xpipe with no cats?
Old 10/12/11, 03:40 PM

some come with catted pipes, u have the option of cat less xpipe
Old 10/12/11, 03:49 PM

What would the sound be like if i installed arh headers with removing catalyzers and installing borla atak cat bak?

Quick Reply: Another header/exhaust thread....