Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2013 gt supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/14, 01:43 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi all ,,I too after driving my best friends 2014 vmp stage II kit wanna do mine ,,but i got some questions.
1. will my stock only 4000miles clutch take vmp added power.
When my friend's gets hot it sticks. He dogs it hard though
im running 3.73 he has stock 3.31
2. no one else does the huge exchanger in their kits and thats the only diff between vmp stage I and stage II ..do i need the dual fan exchanger
3. Jay at hypermotive ,,u mentioned u had some great prices on roush kits..
i looked on web sight saw no specials if u got one on the roush 575 kit please pm me
because im afraid if i do do the vmp kit ,,i like my friend will need a new clutch and maybe with roush 575 kit ill settle and save cash and lol my tranny
4. the vmp kit though gang is dern awesome..im 44 ive had bigblock roadrunners and couple demons vettes v8 s10's and what not ,,and ill say this it will no doubt make your gt one of the baddest cars on planet ,,the tune is right on ,,the thing screams ..one if the fastest cars ive driven .

Last edited by dlc1; 5/1/14 at 01:47 AM.
Old 5/1/14, 06:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by dlc1
Hi all ,,I too after driving my best friends 2014 vmp stage II kit wanna do mine ,,but i got some questions.
1. will my stock only 4000miles clutch take vmp added power.
When my friend's gets hot it sticks. He dogs it hard though
im running 3.73 he has stock 3.31
2. no one else does the huge exchanger in their kits and thats the only diff between vmp stage I and stage II ..do i need the dual fan exchanger
3. Jay at hypermotive ,,u mentioned u had some great prices on roush kits..
i looked on web sight saw no specials if u got one on the roush 575 kit please pm me
because im afraid if i do do the vmp kit ,,i like my friend will need a new clutch and maybe with roush 575 kit ill settle and save cash and lol my tranny
4. the vmp kit though gang is dern awesome..im 44 ive had bigblock roadrunners and couple demons vettes v8 s10's and what not ,,and ill say this it will no doubt make your gt one of the baddest cars on planet ,,the tune is right on ,,the thing screams ..one if the fastest cars ive driven .
If the clutch pedal sticks down during high-rpm shifts, that's a known issue that's easily remedied by removing the "helper spring" on the clutch pedal

See here:
https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...=helper+spring
Old 5/1/14, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dlc1
Hi all ,,I too after driving my best friends 2014 vmp stage II kit wanna do mine ,,but i got some questions. 1. will my stock only 4000miles clutch take vmp added power. When my friend's gets hot it sticks. He dogs it hard though im running 3.73 he has stock 3.31 2. no one else does the huge exchanger in their kits and thats the only diff between vmp stage I and stage II ..do i need the dual fan exchanger 3. Jay at hypermotive ,,u mentioned u had some great prices on roush kits.. i looked on web sight saw no specials if u got one on the roush 575 kit please pm me because im afraid if i do do the vmp kit ,,i like my friend will need a new clutch and maybe with roush 575 kit ill settle and save cash and lol my tranny 4. the vmp kit though gang is dern awesome..im 44 ive had bigblock roadrunners and couple demons vettes v8 s10's and what not ,,and ill say this it will no doubt make your gt one of the baddest cars on planet ,,the tune is right on ,,the thing screams ..one if the fastest cars ive driven .
Were you drunk when you typed this?

If I could do it all over I'd get the vmp kit.

Last edited by Thamac15; 5/1/14 at 07:32 AM.
Old 5/1/14, 02:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
Were you drunk when you typed this?
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 5/2/14, 07:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
ya'll need to start a "danielle has leukemia, so lets supercharge her convertible" fund

in all seriousness, i can't wait to get my VMP stage 2!
Old 5/4/14, 01:32 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
No lol i was not drunk(well maybe i had had a dark ale or 3 just kidding)I just want to make the right choices ,,VMP quoted me free shipping and says will throw in plugs ,,so heck-im doing the VMP Stage II kit. I will run stock clutch till she blows. I wish now though i had left stock gear in it .When it was new i had 3.73's installed . My friends car is a bone stock 3.31 with stage II VMP KIT. Its impressive. You have so much power and traction issues i think the 3.73's will be a hinderance. Its competitive in price and has features others dont. Like the jlt intake and hiflow elbow deal and the heat exchanger has fans and is huge. I am gonna wire a toggle switch though so if i wanna turn fans off i can . They are loud. Even with the fans u can still hear the blower whine a little, I love the whine. I am a month away from having all the funds i need . Im] excited!

Last edited by dlc1; 5/4/14 at 01:40 AM.