Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs
View Poll Results: Do You Like the 2010 GT500?
Love It!
56.19%
Like It
30.09%
Don't Like It
6.19%
Hate It!
0.88%
Undecided
6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

2010 GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/09, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
any other color options for the interior?
Yes, as from the CONCEPTS Order System I just looked at, there are several. Example, a Kona Blue GT500. You can get full Dark Charcoal, or your choice of Dark Charcoal with either black, silver or white stripes in the seats. The stripes in the seats are determined by the color of the stripes on the car.
Old 1/1/09, 06:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
ok...but the seats are always going to be black, and just the stripes will change colors?
Old 1/1/09, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CANADA GUY
I have waited since August 08 for all this info. Everything I wanted. Love the nose; the 540 hp ; the interior and will liv ewith the rear. Too many pluses to get hung up on the rear. How will it really sound ?? Kr mufflers standard ?? ET 'S WITH 3.55'S VS. 3.31'S ?? Hooray !!! This will be my last Mustang !! Would love to get a price on a coupe ( kona blue or black ) and tentative build date..
Hey Bruce, sent you an email, and left you a message on the number you sent to me. Let me know if I can help ya. Happy New Year, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/1/09 at 06:17 PM.
Old 1/1/09, 06:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh....my......dear......

I'm absolutly SOLD! This is it! This Mustang does it for me! Now only if they get rid of the d@mn dealer markups!

Old 1/1/09, 06:35 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The few shortcomings will disappear once the GT500 hits the dealers. It'll grow on you and the rest of us like every other previous Mustang...

... well, maybe with the exception of the Mustang II.

Ever the wit

It could be alot worse. And I do think it will grow on me to an extent, but I know I'll favor the GT nose still.
Old 1/1/09, 06:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by FKA MotorCity Agent
Oh....my......dear......

I'm absolutly SOLD! This is it! This Mustang does it for me! Now only if they get rid of the d@mn dealer markups!

I may be able to help on that one, if you don't mind buying a car outside your state? Just gotta clear it with my boss.
Old 1/1/09, 06:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MetalMustang
man, the GT500 looks awesome...I NEED those gauges for my 09! I really really hope the spedo/tach inserts will be compatible with the 05-09 + mycolor....
If you can get the insert, you'll have to cut it apart since the speedo and tach have switched sides from 05-09 to 2010.

Agree though the whole car is completely freaking rockin!
Old 1/1/09, 06:42 PM
GT Member

ok...but the seats are always going to be black, and just the stripes will change colors?
Yes. The seat stripes, as well as the exterior stripes, come in five colors- red, blue, silver, white, and black.
Old 1/1/09, 07:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want to see that rear!!! its you showing me this from the waist up picture of a hot

looking girl and when you see her "live" and see that rear end of hers and its looks like the size of kansas then you say forget about it!!!!
Old 1/1/09, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks good, but I still think I like the V6 front facia with the Pony package best. Too bad they are hiding the end from us, must be plagued with black plastic-itis like the V6 and GT
Old 1/1/09, 08:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I understand from the order guide there is no white/kona stripes option....only grabber stripes?
Old 1/1/09, 08:30 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by UMich97
Ripstang.....that's how I felt about my '99, so when I bought the '08, I kept the '99 too. ....and I'm definitely glad I did.
I have had to let a few cars go in the past and then regret selling it and I know the 05 mustang would be one of them. Sure I could use the money for a good down payment but for the extra year or so of payments on the new one it will be worth it to have both ( if it happens ). I have many a friend that have sold their favorite cars for quick cash or to make extra room for another one and then afterwards wanting them back. After all if it's payed for and you can make room why not?
Old 1/1/09, 08:40 PM
legacy Tms Member

I understand from the order guide there is no white/kona stripes option....only grabber stripes?
Cody it appears that grabber blue not Kona is to be the one of the blue stripe options for the shelby interior
Old 1/1/09, 09:07 PM
Cobra R Member

I Found this article on AutomobileMag.com

NEW AND FUTURE CARS: 2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...500/index.html

Amid launches of cars more crucial to Ford's future success such as the 2010 Taurus and Fusion, the automaker will introduce the 2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, a car more crucial to the brand's performance reputation than its bottom line.
While the finishing touches were being put on the 2010 Ford Mustang, Carroll Shelby and the folks in the SVT stable were putting together a more powerful and more refined Shelby GT500. A glance at the front end will reveal larger upper and lower air intakes that appear ready to swallow any obstacle whole. Ford says the new front end takes styling cues from the Shelby AC Cobra 427s of the early 60s, although we'd say the resemblance is not immediately apparent.
Regardless of what it looks like, the new design should be as functional as it is aggressive. The taller powerdome hood is mounted flush and features functional extractors that bring cool air into the engine bay. The nose also boasts a new front splitter that increases downforce and reduces drag. Out back, the rear spoiler is also improved to reduce drag and contains an integrated Gurney Flap to provide downforce.
When it came to the powertrain, Ford capitalized on the advancements made with the 40th anniversary edition Shelby GT500KR. The output of the 2010 Shelby GT500 is expected to match the 540 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque generated by the KR. The downside is all that muscle from the 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 will still be channeled through a muscle-car-era solid rear axle.
The new Shelby GT500 is able to churn out the extra power compared to the previous model with the help of revised ignition and throttle calibration and a cold-air intake. The new intake uses a conical filter and a front grille snorkel, whose placement sent the trademark cobra badge slithering over to the other side of the grille. Though a few folks at Ford were afraid the change would offend Shelby, the resulting performance increase made him quite happy.
The issue of the pronounced clutch that made the former car a less-than-favorable daily driver has been addressed. Ford also attempted to tackle the Shelby's slightly lacking acceleration and poor fuel economy with taller fifth and sixth gear ratios and a lower 3.55 final drive. The changes should improve acceleration in lower gears and add 2 mpg during highway cruising.
Taking another page from the KR's book, Ford enhanced the suspension with new springs and dampers to promote primary body control. To further improve handling and grip, the Shelby GT500 coupes will wear new Goodyear F1 Supercar tires mounted to forged 19-inch wheels. Meanwhile, the upgraded rubber will come standard on 18-inch wheels on the convertible.
The new Shelby GT500 seeks to improve upon its predecessor's lackluster interior with a cabin that is unique and unmistakable. Occupants will know they are in a Shelby by looking at the racing striped seats which are wrapped in real leather with Alcantera inserts. The suede-like material also accents the steering wheel's appearance and makes it easier to grip.
Real aluminum is used for the center steering wheel badge and the dash panels which have a unique texture that was supposedly inspired by clutch plates, braided hoses and cross-drilled racing brake rotors. More stripes can be found on the classic white shift **** whose H-pattern is bisected by two parallel lines that wrap completely around.
Overall the new Shelby GT500 is more functional and refined and offers some of the performance goodies of the $80,000 KR. On the other hand, one attribute we hope the new car will not inherit from the KR is its price. Instead we expect the coupes to retail in the mid $40,000 range and convertibles to start around $50K. Fortunately, if the new car market is anything like its present state when the 2010 Shelby GT500 hits dealerships this spring, dealers that marked up the last generation model will be forced to sell the new car at a price closer to MSRP.
Old 1/1/09, 09:20 PM
Cobra R Member

I also found their 2010 GT-500 Wallpaper Downloads with resolutions up to 1400X1050

http://www.automobilemag.com/multime...ery/index.html

I am In Love with the Grabber Blue with White Stripes!

Last edited by TampaBear67; 1/1/09 at 09:21 PM.
Old 1/1/09, 09:26 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The word is sure getting around fast. This is from Russia, can anyone translate?

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang. Новая глава

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang
© Фото: Ford

В ноябре прошлого года компания Ford представила на Международном автосалоне в Лос-Анджелесе новый Mustang 2010 модельного года. Тогда глава отдела маркетинга Ford Motor Джим Фэрли пообещал продолжение «банкета» в январе. Мало кто сомневался, что в качестве новинки на Детройтском автосалоне Ford представми Shelby GT500.

Новый Shelby GT500 – самый мощный Mystang, когда-либо выходивший из ворот фабрики, где «выращивают» современных «Мустангов». Тем не менее, новинку представляют как эволюцию предшествующей модели. Компрессорный V8 рабочим объемом 5,4 литра теперь вырабатывает 540 л.с. максимальной мощности.

Дизайн нового GT500 стал еще ярче и агрессивнее. Передняя панель автомобиля напоминает овальные контуры моделей Shelby Cobra, выпускаемых в 60-х годах прошлого столетия. Примечательная особенность – изображение змеи на решетке радиатора переместился справа в левую часть (если смотреть на авто спереди). Кузов GT500 «опирается» на легкосплавные колеса, выполненные в новом дизайне с 10-ю спицами. В варианте с открытой крышей производитель будет предлагать 18-дюймовые кованые диски, на купе будут ставить колеса диаметром 19 дюймов, обутые в покрышки Goodyear F1 Supercar.

Внутренняя обивка – кожа, алькантара. Ярко, сердито, недешево. Трансмиссия – 6-ступенчатая «коробка» Tremec и дифференциал ограниченногго трения. В качестве тормозных механизмов в GT500 используются 4-поршневые суппорты Brembo. Система обеспечения курсовой устойчивости стоит в стандартной комплектации.

Old 1/1/09, 09:29 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Anybody got pics of a grabber blue GT500 with black stripes? Is this even an option? And if its a vert with black top that would be even better.
Old 1/1/09, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
That is my next Mustang!! I've been torn over what to do with my '07 - keep or trade for something else - but my decision has just been made. Now I have to wait for the time to buy one at MRSP with no ADMs, etc. Gives me a while to build up a nice downpayment.
You want to wait for the 2011..aluminum block and even lighter weight.

Dave
Old 1/1/09, 10:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The word is sure getting around fast. This is from Russia, can anyone translate?

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang. Новая глава

В ноябре прошлого года компания Ford представила на Международном автосалоне в Лос-Анджелесе новый Mustang 2010 модельного года. Тогда глава отдела маркетинга Ford Motor Джим Фэрли пообещал продолжение «банкета» в январе. Мало кто сомневался, что в качестве новинки на Детройтском автосалоне Ford представми Shelby GT500.

Новый Shelby GT500 – самый мощный Mystang, когда-либо выходивший из ворот фабрики, где «выращивают» современных «Мустангов». Тем не менее, новинку представляют как эволюцию предшествующей модели. Компрессорный V8 рабочим объемом 5,4 литра теперь вырабатывает 540 л.с. максимальной мощности.

Дизайн нового GT500 стал еще ярче и агрессивнее. Передняя панель автомобиля напоминает овальные контуры моделей Shelby Cobra, выпускаемых в 60-х годах прошлого столетия. Примечательная особенность – изображение змеи на решетке радиатора переместился справа в левую часть (если смотреть на авто спереди). Кузов GT500 «опирается» на легкосплавные колеса, выполненные в новом дизайне с 10-ю спицами. В варианте с открытой крышей производитель будет предлагать 18-дюймовые кованые диски, на купе будут ставить колеса диаметром 19 дюймов, обутые в покрышки Goodyear F1 Supercar.

Внутренняя обивка – кожа, алькантара. Ярко, сердито, недешево. Трансмиссия – 6-ступенчатая «коробка» Tremec и дифференциал ограниченногго трения. В качестве тормозных механизмов в GT500 используются 4-поршневые суппорты Brembo. Система обеспечения курсовой устойчивости стоит в стандартной комплектации.

Take your pick Google found 144 new articles on the 2010 Shelby GT 500, including China, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Sweden, South Africa, the Czech Republic, and Italian articles.

http://news.google.com/news?client=f...1&sa=N&start=0

Last edited by TampaBear67; 1/1/09 at 10:36 PM.
Old 1/1/09, 11:36 PM
GT Member

Dead Sexy. Front end looks fantastic.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT500!