Bold Moves Mustang Club Forum dedicated to the Bold Moves Mustang Club Of Tulsa, OK.

Performance And Tech

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/07, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cobra4548
There are 170 dynapacs in the US. Ford has 2, Nissan, Toyota Racing Development, Chevrolet, Cadillac, and the list goes on. Only the big boys have them. People only like dynojets because they give inflated numbers like th MD dynojet.

give me a break.... whats up wikipedia.... for every person that says they like it theres going to be someone else that doesnt...so no use in DEFENDING IT... and I dont need eduated on it Jeff...I have the internet if I want to search it thanks
Old 11/30/07, 12:06 PM

I like the raptor Paul... Let me know what you find out...Im curious
Old 11/30/07, 12:07 PM

play nice kiddies.
Old 11/30/07, 12:11 PM

Here's the one I'm looking at... You can set it to 5 different configs. including a launch setting. Also is has the digital RPM readout which is kinda cool. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

meoowww

Just purchased it Paul...install is next week...
Old 11/30/07, 12:23 PM

DynoJet reads inflated numbers hehe yes but read this ..... Dynapack doenst take into effect the wheels your running.

"The final difference between a Dynapack and virtually all other chassis dynos on the market today is that the Dynapack eliminates the tire to "road" interface. By using a special hub adaptor that replaces the wheel and tire, the Dynapack eliminates wheel slip, alignment losses, tire inflation/wear issues and more. However, by eliminating the large mass (and attendant inertia) of the wheel and tire combination, the Dynapack does tend to read higher than comparable "roller" dynos."
Old 11/30/07, 12:27 PM

I'm researching to see what if anything else I need...
Old 11/30/07, 12:29 PM

Here you go boys... all the info..not just some numbers...decide yourself...OH and jeff the dnyapack reads higher than a dynojet...just FYI

http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/...ting/id12.html
Old 11/30/07, 12:37 PM

Heres another more clear answer The last reading says it all....they are all good.. BUT I like the fact that the Dynojets you CANT minipulate the numbers like you can on a mustang or Dynapack

Dynapak = The highese reading dyno period. No wheels and tires means a huge reduction in spinning weight. These high readings get worse as the car makes more and more power. Great for shops wanting big numbers to sell parts. Pain in the *** to setup and this makes a 10 car dyno day impossible. Must have water lines running around the shop for the pods.. All in all a labor intensive system.

Dynojet = Good dyno.. lower readings then the Dynapak. No load system so part throttle tuning and full load tuning is impossible/difficult. Great for fast tuning and for big numbers for parts sales. I have alot of experience on this dyno and I like it alot..It has its drawbacks and I hear they will have a load attachment soon or already do. They also make a new smaller roller AWD model thats affordable. You will see these pop up..

Mustang = Big. takes up alot of floor space and the 6 roller setup is a bit awkward. Some cars end up half on one roller due to the wheelbase. Wheel spin can be an issue with the mustang as a result. This dyno uses a calibration file. It can be edited to make the dyno read what ever the operator wants. Some files read low. Some files read high. Never compare different mustang dynos unless you varify the file being used. Awkward loading system. Forced to use a mouse inside a car while driving or forced to have someone stand all day and operate the mouse/keyboard. Makes it a two man job.

Dyno dynamics. Most features. Incredible load control. Ramp up and down at WOT. Hand controls inside the car. Simple to use. Hold the car at WOT at any speed/rpm. Great for troubleshooting and tuning every cell of a fuel map. Easy to use.. Great traction, low profile. Drawbacks are the huge amount of power consumed by the eddy current generators when using loading and of course the super low numbers. This one wont sell parts and can actually be a detriment to a shops business as a result. After tuning WRX's all over this country my opinion is that this dyno is right around 40whp lower readnig then the dynapak. This difference grows as the car makes more power.

Bottom line.. All work. All get the job done. pay attention to delta's or the difference in power you make before and after on the dyno at hand. Find out what a stock care puts down on that dyno but beware.. Shops do exagerate, lie and manipulate numbers.. I have seen some shops change the altitude setting between runs therefore applying more correction. I have seen shops place intake temp probes over the radiator to induce correction. A big one is famous for that and has been caught many times.
Old 11/30/07, 12:50 PM

It doesn't talk about the ButtDyno...
Old 11/30/07, 12:51 PM

AND not saying you would do this Jeff... BUT what we say here STAYS here...I know Kurtis is like your Best friend right now due to your engine build (nothing wrong with that, your trying to get your motor done).... Nothing we argue about on this site goes to him... understand. Even if we disagree with something....someday I or others may need to use Kurtis due to convenience and closeness and I would hate for him to have been told any bad or our opinions or rantings on this site about him, his shop, or his equipment and have him not give us good customer service because someone went to him and said we were talking bad about this or that.

Not saying you would... just reclarrifying where this forum stands.

Thanks
Old 11/30/07, 12:57 PM

I think I will just continue to trust my Butt dyno and tunes from Brenspeed. Thank you very much. They work just fine.
Old 11/30/07, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by DavidM
I think I will just continue to trust my Butt dyno and tunes from Brenspeed. Thank you very much. They work just fine.

You do have a nice butt..... wish my butt was as nice as yours...that way I could get a better reading
Old 11/30/07, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Grabber07'
AND not saying you would do this Jeff... BUT what we say here STAYS here...I know Kurtis is like your Best friend right now due to your engine build (nothing wrong with that, your trying to get your motor done).... Nothing we argue about on this site goes to him... understand. Even if we disagree with something....someday I or others may need to use Kurtis due to convenience and closeness and I would hate for him to have been told any bad or our opinions or rantings on this site about him, his shop, or his equipment and have him not give us good customer service because someone went to him and said we were talking bad about this or that.

Not saying you would... just reclarrifying where this forum stands.

Thanks
Fine but remember Jarrod these are public forums. Anyone can read them. Besides, Kurtis is not the type of guy to do something like that. He may be slow but he is honest and has christian morals. I couldn't see Kurtis treating anyone like that despite what they say about him to his face or otherwise.
Old 11/30/07, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by cobra4548
Fine but remember Jarrod these are public forums. Anyone can read them. Besides, Kurtis is not the type of guy to do something like that. He may be slow but he is honest and has christian morals. I couldn't see Kurtis treating anyone like that despite what they say about him to his face or otherwise.

Fair enough
Old 11/30/07, 03:32 PM

Are you guys still going to duke it out???
Old 11/30/07, 03:33 PM

play nice paul
Old 11/30/07, 03:35 PM

Grow up Paul...can't we all just get along.

BTW, Kurtis wants to be our sponsor in a big financial way this next year. He is wanting to have dyno days and some shows at his new shop with us.
Old 11/30/07, 03:46 PM

This year Buy-in for sponsoring us is $100k. i'm not talking to anyone unless they show me the money.

Quick Reply: Performance And Tech