Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Reproducing the Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/06, 06:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pigs CAN fly! I am so happy to see this TSB, I have been dealing with this problem since November '04. Off to the dealer I go!
Old 5/31/06, 08:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

So I just got a call from my dealer telling me that for is not going to release these new fuel pumps to the dealers until June 24th. Is there any truth to that statement? I know a couple of you already have these fuel pumps which makes it hard for me to believe the dealers statement.
Old 5/31/06, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also on the wait list for the revised parts here in Montreal Canada.....
Old 5/31/06, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rick M
Time to put this thread to bed. Drove the car 300 miles last weekend. Tried all the tricks to make the car hesitate. eg. Long highway cruise with power downshift to 3rd. After long cruise and coast to stop, with hard acceleration in first. Long cruise and hard acceleration after slow right and left turn. Absolutely no problems with hesitation!

This car was one of the first GT verts produced back in Feb 05. To date, dealers replaced a windshield, two rear quarter windows, one manual transmission, a fuel pump sender assembly, gas tank and two fog lamps, two seat adjustment handles and seat panels, along with a front strut kit for fixing turning noise (all either design flaws and/or defective parts under warranty). Finally, this car has no problems large or small. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about all the problems. It is normal for post production issues on a new car design. Several Ford dealers in my area worked on the car and never gave me a hard time.

Now, its time to just enjoy one of the most fun to drive cars on the road today! I love this car!

Rick M
Hey Rick, why did you have the winshield and quarter windows replaced on your car, I'm curious....
Old 5/31/06, 11:31 PM

Dineau,

The windshield was replaced due to a flaw in the tint laminate. The flaw was right in front of the drivers line of sight and looked like a speck of dirt. One quarter was replaced due to a scratch in the glass. The other was replaced due to misalignment when you put the window up and had the top down and the front window already up. The rear quarter was catching at the rear window weather strip. The strip split. All work was under warranty.

Rick M
Old 6/1/06, 05:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Rick, do you know what part number your new fuel pump is?
Old 6/1/06, 01:47 PM

Fuel Pump Part Number

Pittperson,

The part number was 7R3Z-9H307-C. I wonder how many people are unaware of this problem, due to driving habits. My guess is every 05/06 Mustang has this problem with the old pump design. It would be nice if Ford issued a recall, as this can be a safety issue.

Rick M

PS is there anyway we can have this posted, so everyone on this forum is aware of this defect?
Old 6/1/06, 08:26 PM
LMS

TSB seems to work!!

The TSB to fix the hesitation problem seems to do the trick. I had my fuel pump replaced last week. Took about 45 min for the dealer to complete the work without removing the tank. Tried to duplicate the problem on a 70 mile interstate drive after using cruise control for about 20 mins. Down shifted to fourth, pushed the pedal to the floor and no hesitation at all.
Old 6/2/06, 03:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had both the fuel pump TSB along with the fuel gauge TSB performed and both the hesitation and erratic fuel gauge problems have been solved.
Old 6/22/06, 04:09 PM

Angry

Had my car in to repair the hesitaition issue and the rear axle problem during low speed turns. After keeping it for three days they gave it back to me today with the hesitation TSB for the fuel pump done. Will have to wait for the rear axle TSB as parts won't ship until 6/24. Well I drive off and the low fuel light is on so I stop to fill it up and only takes 4 gallons. I get back in and the check engine light is on...so back to the dealer and they say the new pump and sensor are bad and will have to be replaced again...hopefully my next trip in will stop the madness...
Old 6/23/06, 11:17 AM
GT Member

What is the TSB for the rear axle. Is there a link to it on here?
Old 6/23/06, 12:41 PM

The TSB for the axle repair is TSB 04-24-20 it should be noted that aquiring this part has taken longer than the pump and sensor mod. parts. The service Mgr. also said that while I had found a TSB that indicated the apparent problem my 06 GTwas having...it was not specifically covered by the TSB because the TSB is for 05's and earlier...well the clutch plates have to be replaced in accordance with the TSB...and it just keeps getting worse...today my windows will not automatically roll up after opening the door...they go down fine...just won't return to the closed position once the door is closed. Won't auto return on normal rollup either. Hopefully these problems will be fixed and I can get back to driving my baby.
Old 6/25/06, 07:56 AM

Follow the instructions in the owners manual to reset the window. The same thing happened to my 05 and after performing the window calibrations it has been fine.
Old 6/25/06, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Can you guys let me know what I can do to see if I have this problem. I don't really drive my car too hard so maybe I have it but don't know it. Im kind of **** so I might want to get this fixed no matter what. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/25/06, 04:19 PM

Packhater,

See original post (begining of thread)

Rick M
Old 6/29/06, 06:57 PM
V6 Member

This absolutely needs to be in the comprehensive TSB list that's stickied on this forum.
Old 6/30/06, 05:39 PM

Well I got my Pony back today and everything is running like new...what a nightmare...but there is light at the end of the tunnel once they get all of the "right parts" they need to fix the problems.

Old 7/3/06, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

my fuel pump has been ordered!
Old 7/4/06, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Finally got mine fixed today with TSB, the new unit they have installed is very different from the old one. It has less tube and wires, it's more clean, it's probably why less turbulence and air around the pickup tube.

Just have to find the time to test it on a long run now.

BTW, the did replaced it from inside the car, under the back seat and I was very surprised to see that the plastic cover that they remove to acccess to unit was a Jaguar part, see pic. Funny ?
Attached Images  
Old 7/7/06, 03:00 PM
GT Member

I'm getting a new fuel pump and sending unit today YIPPEEEEE FOR MMEEEEEEE! I will be sooo happy when that "buck buck buck" crappola is G-O-N-E gone!

Quick Reply: Reproducing the Hesitation