Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Reproducing the Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/06, 04:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My code is: CDC2. It is an ’05 Manual GT.

It happens to me on occasion, mostly after I get off the interstate and accelerating off the ramp between second and third at about 2500 -2700rpm. I have noticed I can make it do it in stop and go traffic if I leave it in second @ about 2500 -2700rpm for a while. It’s not doing it a lot though so I’ll wait to see how the TSB works out. Good idea on tracking the computer code though. Thanks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 05:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

My computer code CDC3, and this has happened to me 4 or 5 times now. It's always after driving the car for awhile, then under hard acceleration from a stop. Glad to hear there is a TSB coming out on it.
Old 4/21/06, 05:56 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mtang78 @ April 20, 2006, 6:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just got off the phone with service dept manager. Apparently a TSB is coming out to replace the fuel pump. The sock on the fueld pump collapses down causing the hesitation. Ford is redesigning the fuel pump and it will be 4-6 weeks before they get the new pumps in. At last - a possible solution and Ford finally is attempting to fix this stupid problem that has gone on for months now. I can't believe that this is a TSB and not a warranty recall -- hesitation like a lot of us have experienced is a true safety concern - you can get hit by another vehicle!
[/b][/quote]

Are there any drop-in aftermarket pumps with better socks available? Boy, that sounded weird.
Old 5/12/06, 11:34 AM

I got my fuel pump replaced today per the new TSB. Hope Ford got the fix right. This problem has been driving my crazy since day one.
Old 5/12/06, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rick M
I got my fuel pump replaced today per the new TSB. Hope Ford got the fix right. This problem has been driving my crazy since day one.
How long did it take? Do you know if the removed the fuel tank to do it?
Old 5/12/06, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm taking mine in on Monday to get the fix.
Old 5/15/06, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the TSB number for this repair?
Old 5/15/06, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

06-9-9

Attachment 506
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TSB 06-9-9.pdf (46.7 KB, 1017 views)
Old 5/15/06, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Is this the Jet throttle body that everyone is talking about?

http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...A1950A0A0.aspx

If I get a tune and all that crap, will this affect that at all??

Is this part worth it?

HELP!
Old 5/15/06, 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Took my car in today to have it serviced and get the hesitation TSB taken care of. Also had them do the TSB on the bottom of the front seats coming loose. I am supposed to get it back tomorrow. It feels like I have left my child with a stranger. Hope everything is ok tomorrow.
Old 5/16/06, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Hey RickM - Please post on how the TSB fix has worked on your car! Thanks!
Old 5/16/06, 11:18 AM
Bullitt Member

They had to special order the fuel pump. Should get my car back tomorrow.
Old 5/16/06, 01:18 PM

No they do not have to remove the fuel tank. They just pop the back seat. Under the seat, are two access ports. One port is just a fuel level sender. The other port is a fuel sender and fuel pump. I guess two senders are required for accurate tank level measurment because the car has a saddle tank design. The replacement takes about 15 minutes, if the tech nows what he is doing and follows instructions in the SVM.

I wan't so lucky. After replacing the fuel pump, I was informed the part was bad, because the fuel guage didn't work. The dealer said they would put the old pump in and order a new one. After putting the old pump in, I was informed the old pump wouldn't work either. After some thought, I asked if the tech disconnected the battery during replacement to reset the computer. The answer was no. After doing so, every thing was fine, except for one small problem.

I can't verify by part number or manufacture date what part is now on the car! The sender on the other side of the tank has a sticker with part number and date of manufacture. Both fuel pump/sender parts had a blank sticker on them. Sooo I will just have to see if the current installed pump has fixed the problem. This last weekends weather was bad, so I took the company car to Cinci. This weekends weather calls for cold and rain.

It looks like it will be awhile before I can verify the hesitation is at last fixed.
Old 5/19/06, 02:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My dealer has ordered a new fuel pump for my car....hopefully this will take care of the problem!
Old 5/19/06, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Got my car back today. I will do a long drive next week to see if the new fuel pump fixed the problem. The service manager was true to his word and installed the new one without having to duplicate the problem. They did do a test drive after the install but my car only had 4 more miles on it than it did when I dropped it off. Now I am going to go outside and re-install my C&L and Brenspeed tune. I hate driving with the stock tune.
Old 5/22/06, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Just talked to the service guy and he said that every tech has his own way of doing it but I can specify what I want done. What is the LEAST intrusive method? Behind the back seat or gas tank removal. I almost want them working on the underside of my car and not IN it!!!!

Suggestions? Is there a list of TSBs? The one I've found doesn't have this listed.
Old 5/23/06, 10:55 AM
GT Member

Just had it done this morning and they did NOT remove the tank.
Old 5/23/06, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My part was ordered today......
Old 5/26/06, 11:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

My pump was ordered last week, and hopefully will arrive next week. I called my salesman to ask him if the service department would give me a hard time about my mods. He went out and spoke with the service manager, then called me back and said no problem.
Old 5/30/06, 04:53 PM

Fixed at last!

Time to put this thread to bed. Drove the car 300 miles last weekend. Tried all the tricks to make the car hesitate. eg. Long highway cruise with power downshift to 3rd. After long cruise and coast to stop, with hard acceleration in first. Long cruise and hard acceleration after slow right and left turn. Absolutely no problems with hesitation!

This car was one of the first GT verts produced back in Feb 05. To date, dealers replaced a windshield, two rear quarter windows, one manual transmission, a fuel pump sender assembly, gas tank and two fog lamps, two seat adjustment handles and seat panels, along with a front strut kit for fixing turning noise (all either design flaws and/or defective parts under warranty). Finally, this car has no problems large or small. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about all the problems. It is normal for post production issues on a new car design. Several Ford dealers in my area worked on the car and never gave me a hard time.

Now, its time to just enjoy one of the most fun to drive cars on the road today! I love this car!

Rick M

Quick Reply: Reproducing the Hesitation